Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

currently goonswarm federation has lost all space and is now the largest non-sov-holding alliance in game

the dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Helicon One posted:

Has there been any update on Empires Of Eve getting a dead-tree print release outside of the US? E-books irritate me for some irrational reason.

Sorry gramps. Only e-books.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Landsknecht posted:

currently goonswarm federation has lost all space and is now the largest non-sov-holding alliance in game

They should sneak in and take their sov back while everyone else is playing Overwatch- but that would mean not playing Overwatch.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm playing doom

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Germstore posted:

They should sneak in and take their sov back while everyone else is playing Overwatch- but that would mean not playing Overwatch.

I vote we sov harass everyone in place until they can't get anyone to log in anymore and let their bills go unpaid

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
let the water torture commence

after we play overwatch for a bit first

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Endie posted:

Thank-you for your thoughtful observance of our no-swearing rule.

Oops!

My bad.....I stand corrected.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

RazNation posted:

Oops!

My bad.....I stand corrected.

You played yourself

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

FordPRefectLL posted:

1. Yes
2. I have a sharpie

You have one of the coolest names. Thought you should know.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Daco Vato posted:

Yeah I'll probably go proteus instead of stratios for finding targets and that sort of sucks because the stratios is such a cool ship. Ah well.

Fix Lag seemed to be doing rather good with the stratios a few days ago. You shouldn't give up on it yet.
I thought of buying one but I'm too skittish to risk losing a 500mil+ ship/fit

E: Edit the word skittish because I am as bad at english as I am at EVEeverything.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 24, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
skittish

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Freed from the shackles of sov warfare, my first step was naturally to...

...go entosis FCON :getin:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

ullerrm posted:

Folks who have finished the book (I actually haven't) -- does it make any mention of T20? (If so, VG is gonna be really sad :()

It does mention the T20 event, and from what I remember, he does not shy away and and breaks it down. like the rest of the complicated events before

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Stevefin posted:

It does mention the T20 event, and from what I remember, he does not shy away and and breaks it down. like the rest of the complicated events before

Yeah, VG is going to be either sad or mad.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
What was the T20 event again?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ccp dev spawned t2 bpos for the alliance he was in way back in the day, that alliance just happened to be band of brothers

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Oh right. That was before my time. I heard of it tho.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Dalael posted:

It was when the CCP dev started giving bob T2 bpos.

Fake edit: My phone attempted to autocorrect bpos to "hope"...

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I wonder how many of those T2 BPO's are still around.
I know they're technically super valuable, but is there an advantage to owning those BPO's today, compared to the "new" way of creating T2 bpo's?

E: I mean, other than not having to waste your time creating them?

Dalael fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 24, 2016

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Dalael posted:

I wonder how many of those T2 BPO's are still around.
I know they're technically super valuable, but is there an advantage to owning those BPO's today, compared to the "new" way of creating T2 bpo's?

Most, if not all, of them are still around. There is no new way of creating T2 BPOs, invention only creates copies.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Dalael posted:

Developer misconduct.

A CCP employee, "CCP T20," directly intervened in the game / cheated to benefit Reikoku and BoB -- they spawned rare items (T2 BPOs) in-game for them to use competitively, and gave BoB's leadership some advance notices on exploitable bugs, upcoming balance changes, and profitable lore events.

At the time, invention didn't exist, so if you had a T2 BPO, you could form cartels and control the price on T2 goods, so this was a huge deal and insanely profitable -- especially the Sabre BPO.

The guilty dev wrote a confession but was never fired, and RKK was allowed to keep their ill-gotten profits.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 24, 2016

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Dalael posted:

Fix Lag seemed to be doing rather good with the stratios a few days ago. You shouldn't give up on it yet.
I thought of buying one but I'm too skittish to risk losing a 500mil+ ship/fit

E: Edit the word skittish because I am as bad at english as I am at EVEeverything.

my whole point was no ability to fit the covert cloak to elite pvp my blops in and die. I can't do that with the stratios but it does so many things so well that it's frustrating it doesn't also do that.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Daco Vato posted:

my whole point was no ability to fit the covert cloak to elite pvp my blops in and die. I can't do that with the stratios but it does so many things so well that it's frustrating it doesn't also do that.

Isn't one of the role bonus for the stratios the ability to fit a covert ops cloaking device?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Dalael posted:

Isn't one of the role bonus for the stratios the ability to fit a covert ops cloaking device?

The Strat can fit a covert cloak, but it can't fit a covert cyno, meaning that you can't use it to tackle, light cov cyno, and bring in a blops (or bridge targets from a blops) to kill targets.

E: it can use a normal cyno, but that lasts for 10min and lights you up on the solar system map, whereas the covert cyno does not.

But tbh, if that's what you want to do, use a Falcon or Arazu.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

ullerrm posted:

Confirming Recon V is good and Caldari Supremacy.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

ullerrm posted:

The Strat can fit a covert cloak, but it can't fit a covert cyno, meaning that you can't use it to tackle, light cov cyno, and bring in a blops (or bridge targets from a blops) to kill targets.

E: it can use a normal cyno, but that lasts for 10min and lights you up on the solar system map, whereas the covert cyno does not.

Are either of those ships good for solo stuff? I've been trying to kill ratters in fade using Stunt's astero fit but keep getting killed. I have no idea how he's suposed to kill VNI's with those because their light drones keep loving me up.

Basically I want to be able to roam around in fade, approach ratters and kill them before backup arrives. These guys feel way too safe and have no issues ratting when one of us is in system. I want to teach them the error of their ways.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Dalael posted:

Are either of those ships good for solo stuff? I've been trying to kill ratters in fade using Stunt's astero fit but keep getting killed. I have no idea how he's suposed to kill VNI's with those because their light drones keep loving me up.

Basically I want to be able to roam around in fade, approach ratters and kill them before backup arrives. These guys feel way too safe and have no issues ratting when one of us is in system. I want to teach them the error of their ways.

You're not supposed to fight them, you're supposed to gank them. If you see light drones, bail out and cloak up. I'm pretty sure it's even in Stunt's 10,000 pixel long infographic.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
New blackbird model is cool as gently caress with little flippy bits and some sweet giant as computer looking thing on the top. Top notch ship that I can't afford or fly worth a drat.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Dalael posted:

Not really, no. The Arazu can actually do some shockingly good DPS with blasters, but ratters in Fade will be tanked against T/K, so you don't want to use it for that. As for the Falcon, ewar pisses off drones, so as soon as you jam them, the rats are going to swap to you. The purpose of those ships is to land tackle, light covert cyno, and bring in a Redeemer who promptly unleashes 1150dps of Conflagration goodness on the hostile VNI. (Or a Widow, or a Sin, or whatever autismchariot you happen to own.)

And as for the Astero, those things are supposed to run from light drones. You'll need to upgrade to a Stratios if you want to be able to shrug off lights and murderzone competent ratters.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Dalael posted:

Sorry mang mistyped meant covert cyno :ullerrm: with the assist thanks.

I want to light covops cynos but also tackle while not dying. I have a proteus fit that's an absolute tank but the problem is that it is slower than congress and will die horribly in any practical application because of this. Maybe if I put combat probe launcher on it and tackle, try to blap drones... no this isn't going to work at all. Back to the drawing board.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

if you wanna tackle nerds and be a covert cyno your choices are the following:

A) proteus
2) proteus
iii) a maller with a regular cyno

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Otacon posted:

You're not supposed to fight them, you're supposed to gank them. If you see light drones, bail out and cloak up. I'm pretty sure it's even in Stunt's 10,000 pixel long infographic.

ullerrm posted:

Not really, no. The Arazu can actually do some shockingly good DPS with blasters, but ratters in Fade will be tanked against T/K, so you don't want to use it for that. As for the Falcon, ewar pisses off drones, so as soon as you jam them, the rats are going to swap to you. The purpose of those ships is to land tackle, light covert cyno, and bring in a Redeemer who promptly unleashes 1150dps of Conflagration goodness on the hostile VNI. (Or a Widow, or a Sin, or whatever autismchariot you happen to own.)

And as for the Astero, those things are supposed to run from light drones. You'll need to upgrade to a Stratios if you want to be able to shrug off lights and murderzone competent ratters.

When reading Stunt's infographic at https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/205552-stunt-doubles-presents-astero-101-the-art-of-the-predator/, it leaves me under the impression that you're suposed to be able to take care of VNI's light drones. Guess I was wrong tho.

I think I'll just risk it and buy a stratios. I'll just have to be a bit more careful than I currently am, but in the end I already lost its worth in Astero's.

Thoughts on this Stratios fit?:

[Stratios, Glove Snap]
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

50MN Microwarpdrive II
Large Shield Extender II
Pith X-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
Large Shield Extender II
True Sansha Warp Disruptor

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
650mm Artillery Cannon II

Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

Warrior II x5
Vespa EC-600 x5
Praetor II x9
Berserker II x4

Republic Fleet EMP M x2280
Republic Fleet Fusion M x3000
Republic Fleet Titanium Sabot M x1500
Nanite Repair Paste x201
Quake M x1000

Dalael fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 24, 2016

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Dalael posted:

but in the end I already lost its worth in Astero's.

if you're losing so many ships, buying a more expensive ship may not solve your problems

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Landsknecht posted:

if you're losing so many ships, buying a more expensive ship may not solve your problems

I heard that throwing more money at a problem is usually the way to fix it. But that may just be my experience working in government talking.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Dalael posted:

Thoughts on this Stratios fit?:

Don't fly it in Fade.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

In this case it's actually a net upgrade as he gains tank and damage. The Astero is a good choice because it's fairly nimble, does enough DPS to kill things, and can scoot through gatecamps that are run by dipshits fairly easily.

His problem is he doesn't know when to run away. The Stratios allows him to put off that decision by just murdering whatever the gently caress he's shooting at regardless of what drones it has out.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 24, 2016

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I think I lost 4 Astero so far.

I lost the first when I aggressed a VNI in I-UU5 (or some place) I was doing fine but I forgot to pay attention to D-scan. A few interceptors landed on me and I was done for.
I lost the 2nd when me and 3 other guys decided to try and hit a Rattlesnake. An ishtar arrived in the same anom just before we landed. He managed to aggro me before I warped back out.
The last 2 were lost when I tried to aggress VNI's and were hosed up by their light drones.

Something like a stratios might give me just enough tank to survive next time. Or it'll be a hilarious loss mail. Either way, I need to stop being afraid to lose expensive poo poo.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Fix Lag posted:

Don't fly it in Fade.

Actually, would you link the fit you've been using lately?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

how did the t20 thing leak? Like it seems fairly easy to get away with: just don't loving tell anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Reverand maynard posted:

how did the t20 thing leak? Like it seems fairly easy to get away with: just don't loving tell anyone.

kugutsumen cracked bob's forums and read it in their director forums

• Locked thread