Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

DeusExMchna posted:

Are there any disconnection errors still?

Tons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Microwaves Mom posted:

The game has put me twice into matches that end in defeat the second i join.

WTF?

Ditto. I lost one match since launch and now I am constantly get thrown in with scrub tier idiots 30 seconds from losing and barley out of spawn

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

is it possible to gift this game at all right now?

It's not and it's dumb

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I got on about 15 minutes after the launch at 7, managed to pull the one skin I really wanted out of a lootbox (zenyatta ifrit) and then made some pubs really happy by pairing with a friend who was playing mercy and winning all our matches handily for two hours. Didn't drop, didn't d/c, didn't lag.

Game's fun.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Microwaves Mom posted:

Its real bad out there right now. I can't believe the number of idiotic combo teams i've been on.

E:
Literally I'll pick a tank cause we dont have one and the team isn't doing well so other people start picking the same hero as me thinking magically 4 d'vas will defeat ad ecent team comp.

Yeah half of my ten games or so have had double Hanzos, but I mean, what else would you expect.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
How do I disable joining games already in progress?

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

playing with a full group of my old counter strike team that also all played the beta. the amount of pubbie ownage we are delivering is kinda bad... but im having a great time !! thanks bliz

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
It's only happening because people are getting DC'd/morons trying to keep a perfect win record. You get bonus xp for joining in progress, so its basically free xp if you get in 30 seconds before it over.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What do you guys usually bind Melee to.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

net cafe scandal posted:

F as in "gently caress them up" and my mouse thumb button.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Broseph Brostar posted:

morons trying to keep a perfect win record.

For my own sanity I choose to believe this doesn't happen.

E. There is definitely a lot of ragequits happening, since half of the matches I join have them getting smoked.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Keep getting put in games that aren't full that never seem to fill up, servers must be getting overloaded

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
You know, the insane number of disconnects wouldn't be so bad if it didn't kick you from your group, the game, and reset your ult/stats.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Played my first game and won, coincidence?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I can't get past play button on the ps4. It tries for a while then gives me a nw-31250-1 error. It seems like Sony's servers are getting demolished. Has anyone had luck getting past this?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

net cafe scandal posted:

G

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Goddamn I'm bad. :(

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mariachi skin from the first loot crate :hellyeah:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Contrary to what some have been saying, I've been having a good time so far. No incredibly bad teams, tried playing Genji and wondered why he exists, tried McCree and he's fun; but nothing beats Zarya stomping for me so far.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Rhukatah posted:

Mariachi skin from the first loot crate :hellyeah:

Haven't got poo poo for skins. If I get one more spray I'll set myself aflame.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Zaphod42 posted:

Keep getting put in games that aren't full that never seem to fill up, servers must be getting overloaded

Yeah, the servers I joined just capped out at 11 people and never got a 12th. So what everyone did was play team deathmatch. This let me try out a few silly gimmicks that would just get me yelled at in a regular game, such as Pistol Mercy and Assault Rifle Widowmaker. It was quite fun owning people as pistol Mercy.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There is only one thing I don't like in this game. The auto kick for auto kicks in after five seconds.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Was upset that I didn't get any cool skins... just got Lionhardt to drop. Yay! That's actually a character I play pretty often!

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Night Blade posted:

Contrary to what some have been saying, I've been having a good time so far. No incredibly bad teams, tried playing Genji and wondered why he exists, tried McCree and he's fun; but nothing beats Zarya stomping for me so far.

I on the other hand tried playing Genji and holy poo poo is being a mechasamurai who kills turrets and bastions fun.

Ultimate usually results in my death though.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I keep getting disconnected from server and it's making me sour

Adonis Gunther
Mar 11, 2011

So, this game.

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

I enjoy putting things in my mouth.
I'm streaming dis shiz btw

https://www.twitch.tv/night77777/

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Same.

https://www.twitch.tv/weszor

Battle of the low-viewer streams!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adonis Gunther posted:

So, this game.

its good

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Yeah, the servers I joined just capped out at 11 people and never got a 12th. So what everyone did was play team deathmatch. This let me try out a few silly gimmicks that would just get me yelled at in a regular game, such as Pistol Mercy and Assault Rifle Widowmaker. It was quite fun owning people as pistol Mercy.

Same, can't play any quick match games because one slot never gets filled. It is still pretty fun doing death match though! I wish I got to keep my beta loot though, so far I have found just single color change skin.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Axel Serenity posted:

Same.

https://www.twitch.tv/weszor

Battle of the low-viewer streams!

stop stealing my 3 viewers.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
I've been loving the hell out of some Mercy but the classic healer's trope of relying on your team not to suck is in full force. I do enjoy killing so many Edgy McReaperfaces with my little NES blaster; seems like there are tons of people who despite probably playing video games all their lives have not yet learned that shotguns are a close range weapon.

You only start getting credits to unlock specific cosmetics once you've gotten enough random items that the RNG begins repeating itself, yes? I want that green skin for her so badly.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I wish there was an option to disable pubbie fill-in when you're stacking

If someone disconnects for too long they get replaced and they have to watch for the rest of the round even if they come back

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Waiting: Not enough players.

non

Stop

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I feel like i am simultaneously really bad at this game and better than the rest of my team.

Also, pubbies do not know how to deal with Zarya.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Melanion posted:

You only start getting credits to unlock specific cosmetics once you've gotten enough random items that the RNG begins repeating itself, yes? I want that green skin for her so badly.

Nope, I've gotten a few epic and rare currency drops in my first few boxes.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Aww yeah got the Sigrun skin for Mercy.

Time to bring Valhalla.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I love shutting Bastions down with Genji.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Microwaves Mom posted:

stop stealing my 3 viewers.

you are winning the battle, do not worry friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i bought a shitload of crates and got blackbeard torbjorn and nomad genji, which are the best skins for their respective characters

then later i hit level 5 and got the white mariachi skin for reaper

thanks game :allears: