Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tequila Ranger posted:

7th Match. Palp Aces: Yorr w/ Palp and Ion Projector, Soontir, Inquisitor.
Franklin says my list is a "Hard counter" to his but it never seems that way.

This would be true IF you had Vader crew on the decimator. Deci-vader absolutely wrecks Imperial Aces. Palpatine or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Spiggy posted:

Siggy and I are about to start up our league game on TTS if anyone wants to stalk it.

Awful Wangs/lljk

:siren: Poe v Whisper 1v1 cage match everyone else is dead :siren:

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

General Battuta posted:

:siren: Poe v Whisper 1v1 cage match everyone else is dead :siren:

Uh, possible 502 in progress, two spacecraft flying as if intoxicated, psssshttt over

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop

General Battuta posted:

Uh, possible 502 in progress, two spacecraft flying as if intoxicated, psssshttt over

Whisper is a mean drunk.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Okay, how many times did you miscreants bump each other.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

The flying was actually pretty good, I just jumped in on a series of turns when both ships were kind of swerving around bumping each other and then flying off in the wrong directions.

Whisper carried it by getting in behind Poe after a couple pretty tense head-to-heads.

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop

Corbeau posted:

Okay, how many times did you miscreants bump each other.

Ship bumps were relatively low. Asteroid hits were something else entirely.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

If anyone wants to play against MAD COW DISEASE, find a game with that name on TTS.

Pass: lljk

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Played a couple more games tonight with Predator Bots for our local league. Took out a 5 TAP list running AHMs, and then an elite TIE swarm with Expose Youngster. It was not pretty for the second player, AS boosts into 4k turns is rough on TIE Fighters, especially when they have 2 green dice and no tokens.

The other game was going well until I tried a similar move with a sloop and ended up bumping my own ship by a millimeter, which left my HLC not shooting anything for several rounds. Still, 2 dice primaries on the TAPs weren't able to do much to the Brobots, so I eventually started taking them out and he conceded with no serious crits done to me. Predator was amazing in that game since the list was all PS 2.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

General Battuta posted:

The flying was actually pretty good, I just jumped in on a series of turns when both ships were kind of swerving around bumping each other and then flying off in the wrong directions.

Whisper carried it by getting in behind Poe after a couple pretty tense head-to-heads.

Poe is still the X-Wing pilot of our dreams.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Would play on that playmat.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The Gate posted:

Played a couple more games tonight with Predator Bots for our local league. Took out a 5 TAP list running AHMs, and then an elite TIE swarm with Expose Youngster. It was not pretty for the second player, AS boosts into 4k turns is rough on TIE Fighters, especially when they have 2 green dice and no tokens.

The other game was going well until I tried a similar move with a sloop and ended up bumping my own ship by a millimeter, which left my HLC not shooting anything for several rounds. Still, 2 dice primaries on the TAPs weren't able to do much to the Brobots, so I eventually started taking them out and he conceded with no serious crits done to me. Predator was amazing in that game since the list was all PS 2.

Youngster + Expose is actually terrible, as you found out. Two dice + focus is better than three naked dice. Plus you get the defensive benefit if you don't USE the focus.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

overdesigned posted:

Holy poo poo.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

overdesigned posted:

Oh my god, just when I think I've seen one cool thing, I see another.

I want this on a card.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Holy poo poo I just saw the brand name

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

overdesigned posted:

It's so dense, every single frame has so much going on.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

overdesigned posted:

Somehow this needs to be made into the title of the whole drat thread

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

overdesigned posted:

Just make this the OP.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

overdesigned posted:

It's like poetry. :allears:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

overdesigned posted:

:eyepop:

alt art when?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, that really needs to be the PS9 version.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Someone finally made a good-looking star wars k-wing:

\/ \/ depends if they look like this or the 10 year old drawing on a comic book one

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 24, 2016

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Speaking of K-Wings...

Miranda Doni (29)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Extra Munitions (2)
Tactician (2)
Seismic Charges (2)

Warden Squadron Pilot (23)
Extra Munitions (2)
Sabine Wren (2)
Conner Net (4)
Advanced SLAM (2)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
R3-A2 (2)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Total: 100

Am I a terrible person?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Chill la Chill posted:

Someone finally made a good-looking star wars k-wing:

\/ \/ depends if they look like this or the 10 year old drawing on a comic book one

Where? Because that thing is hideous.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It still has the ball turret and the external hard-points, the two worst design elements of the K-Wing. And now the scale is all hosed up. Zuckuss must be controlling the turret with his toes.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ive found my next project. Im going to turn a Space bison into.........

this

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

Would play on that playmat.

You mean play X-wing right? Right!?

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

ConfusedUs posted:

Youngster + Expose is actually terrible, as you found out. Two dice + focus is better than three naked dice. Plus you get the defensive benefit if you don't USE the focus.

Oh, *I* know it's terrible. I told the guy he should look into Rage maybe if he wants to use Youngster, at least that's an actual benefit to the ships triggering it, and the drawback can be managed/played around. Still not great, but at least it's not actively making your ships worse on offense and defense. He only did 2 damage to me the whole match while my HLC one shot 2 of the TIEs.

I think he's relatively new to the game in general, and I would have preferred to play someone else with my list but he was the only one not already in a match. I'm all for playing newer players, but I don't like to do it on leagues or with good powerhouse builds.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Admiral Joeslop posted:

You mean play X-wing right? Right!?
"Let's fly some wangs."

I looked at the tumblr site and it doesn't look like there's a larger version. I'll ask the artist if they have one or if it's alright to vectorize this or whatever you need to do to print a giant playmat out of it.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Lethemonster posted:

I just found a thread where a guy is painting up a gorgeous little snow speeder model from star wars and doing brilliant tutorial panels on how he's detailing and painting it. Scroll down a bit to see the first relevant post:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234989194-bandai-snowspeeder/page-4

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

quote:

Corran Horn - Crew, Rebel/Scum only, 3 points.
You may roll your defense dice after your opponent chooses a target but before they roll attack dice.
After your opponent rolls attack dice, you may reroll your defense dice but may not modify them further.

Mirax Terrible - Crew, Rebel/Scum only, 3 points.
Your ship gains an Illicit slot.

I was bored and had a thought. Could come in a theoretical Booster Terrik Epic Ship :v:

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
Paging ro5s. When do you have time to play our SA league game? Leave me a message on steam or here. My weekend is booked up so preferably before then.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Hey Talas, any particularly good time for you to play? I'm free starting tomorrow basically, and on EST/EDT.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I was bored and had a thought. Could come in a theoretical Booster Terrik Epic Ship :v:

Why would it have to be Epic? The Pulsar Skate wasn't that much bigger than the Falcon, I don't think?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Why would it have to be Epic? The Pulsar Skate wasn't that much bigger than the Falcon, I don't think?

Scum has a ton of large ships but no epics :shrug:

I can't recall any of Booster's other ships besides the Errant Venture which is a full size Star Destroyer.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The great thing about the Pulsar Skate is that it could be a dual Scum/Rebel ship.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
The Wild Karrde is big enough, barely, to count as Epic. Mostly just want a scum Mara Jade card.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The bad thing about the Pulsar Skate, and the Wild Karrde, is they both look awful.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Jabba's Yacht for Scum Epic, defo.

Alternatively, there is a HUGE Mandalorian thing from Clone Wars that was Pre Viszla's personal transport which I think is roughly Epic size, and would go with my expectation that they're going to do a bunch of Mando ships in coming waves for Scum.

But yeah, Star Jewel, Jabba crew is long overdue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The EU is a disaster, it's true.

• Locked thread