Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I only have only pulled yellows from legendary so far (thing, cap falcon and miles)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Do I want to replace my 1-cover X-23 with a 1-cover Nova? She's basically a poor man's old man logan woman, and I have a black and red cover for OML.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Finally maxed out my IM40 I think he's going to be my next 3* champ.

I'm still searching for my last SW cover but IM should hold me over for a while.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Thanks for the fifth health pack in a roll Dickpool. :argh:

They're just gonna sit with the other 50 health packs I never use.

You can imagine how much fun it is rolling them when you're sitting on 518 health packs.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Man gently caress these stupid gently caress rear end DPD's. This one is hosed. gently caress these assholes.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
hey now, last time they did ultron bots with Iron Fist the second round was also ultron bots with Iron Fist so at least this is better, right?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So can you raise people star level?
Like if I max out all of iron man skills at 1 star does he stay there forever?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So can you raise people star level?
Like if I max out all of iron man skills at 1 star does he stay there forever?

Nah, you can't change stars.

2*s and higher can be championed though.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

BGrifter posted:

You can imagine how much fun it is rolling them when you're sitting on 518 health packs.

Lol, well, at least when you have a free few days you can just make a serious grind effort for some PVP. Got to spend health packs to make more health packs bb.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Save Target As posted:

Lol, well, at least when you have a free few days you can just make a serious grind effort for some PVP.

I don't think I've ever been that bored/drunk in my life.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Ignite Memories posted:

Do I want to replace my 1-cover X-23 with a 1-cover Nova? She's basically a poor man's old man logan woman, and I have a black and red cover for OML.

You can use X-23 with OML or X-Force. I didn't think Nova was that good of a 4*

MarcusSA posted:

Man gently caress these stupid gently caress rear end DPD's. This one is hosed. gently caress these assholes.

It really was bad. First time my OML/Black Panther/Daredevil team was downed.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Call Me Charlie posted:

It really was bad. First time my OML/Black Panther/Daredevil team was downed.

Oh poo poo, me too. That first node is hosed, and if you don't end it quickly, it escalates with them having tons of AP.

Also, I had a cascade of 5 matches that hosed me so hard. What a cheap character.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
It's boring but 3* Cap/GSBW/Luke Cage easily beats any DPD we've seen so far.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

BGrifter posted:

It's boring but 3* Cap/GSBW/Luke Cage easily beats any DPD we've seen so far.

Keep your three star privilege to yourself.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I've been doing pretty good with 2* Ms. Marvel/Wolverine/DAken, in DPD, just need them to get to higher levels for the last node. :argh:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Ive been making it happen with obw, Thor, and wolverine. Three star town here I come.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
My 3* go-to team is Beast/Hulk/Kamela Khan. Kk and Hulk feed greens to beast who does damage, creates support tiles and heals the team with kk double dipping the heals.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

3* Cap/Black Panther/3*Falcon is my DPD combo and I never have a real problem. Start up grabbing blue so Redwing can grab enemy tiles, get red and blue so Cap can stun and replace enemy tiles, build up enough black so when I hit the 4th wave Panther drops a double Rage and everything dies.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Todays dpd made me aware that IM40 is more than just a battery, since his revamp. He pretty much took care of that node on his own, after one recharge. Maybe I'm used to shutting his rear end down when I fight him, but with the AI not going after his recharge tiles the way a player would, I can't believe how useful he actually is on my team.

I really wish I had the iso to champ him, but there's no way I'll accumulate the 101k I'd need before this cover expires. I'm already rushing to champ 3*human torch for 87k, who has two covers about to expire. The iso drought when you get a bunch of 3* covers is no joke, I can't imagine trying to lay down enough for a three person 4* team.

I'm really on the fence saying gently caress it for now to human torch and selling his two covers to champ IM40 instead. drat these Sophie's choices.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
2* Storm/Cap/Thor has only failed a couple of times for me. Cap's red and blue can both remove enemy countdowns at 5 covers, and once you've got 24 blue AP you can stunlock the hero in the one hero/two mooks waves. Then when it comes to the final round you should basically have max AP and you can nuke the poo poo out of whoever it is without them ever getting a turn.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Todays dpd made me aware that IM40 is more than just a battery, since his revamp. He pretty much took care of that node on his own, after one recharge. Maybe I'm used to shutting his rear end down when I fight him, but with the AI not going after his recharge tiles the way a player would, I can't believe how useful he actually is on my team.

I really wish I had the iso to champ him, but there's no way I'll accumulate the 101k I'd need before this cover expires. I'm already rushing to champ 3*human torch for 87k, who has two covers about to expire. The iso drought when you get a bunch of 3* covers is no joke, I can't imagine trying to lay down enough for a three person 4* team.

I'm really on the fence saying gently caress it for now to human torch and selling his two covers to champ IM40 instead. drat these Sophie's choices.

I have several champed 4*s and I'm currently saving ISO to go back and champ IM40. He is there with iron fist and a couple of others that pair excellently with characters all the way through. I would definitely champ him over 3* torch.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Chuds McGreedy posted:

but with the AI not going after his recharge tiles the way a player would

Really? Because my luck always seems to be the AI won't match it until it's down to one and then :suicide:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I've been running LazyThor/Grocket/Blade for the DPD. Rainbow coverage with minor overlap (Grocket and Thor both cover Yellow and Green, Grocket tanks both). Between Rocket's I Have a Plan and Blade's Thirst, it's easy to get upwards of 15+ strong strike tiles. Throw in Blade's Keep Your Enemies Closer at level 5 and poo poo melts pretty fast. Once you get 30 Purple AP and lay down 6 of those fuckers everything pretty much dies instantly.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Really? Because my luck always seems to be the AI won't match it until it's down to one and then :suicide:

Same, but for Scarlet Witch and always when I really, really need a purple match.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Looks like round 2 of the Civil War event is starting Thursday morning. Wonder if there will be any changes this time around?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CidGregor posted:

Looks like round 2 of the Civil War event is starting Thursday morning. Wonder if there will be any changes this time around?

Nodes will now require 5* Iron Man and Cap instead of 4* Hulkbuster and Sam Wilson.

Enemy nodes have been buffed.

Command Points have been removed from the boss node.

People hit tiers too easily so the required points for each tier has gone up by 50%.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Nodes will now require 5* Iron Man and Cap instead of 4* Hulkbuster and Sam Wilson.

Enemy nodes have been buffed.

Command Points have been removed from the boss node.

People hit tiers too easily so the required points for each tier has gone up by 50%.
I honestly can't tell if you're kidding because D3.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I honestly can't tell if you're kidding because D3.

From reddit

The featured characters for each side for the second run of the Civil War Event:
o Team Cap - Ant-Man, Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson (Falcon), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Hawkeye, Human Torch, The Punisher, Scarlet Witch, Storm, Team Cap (pick 3 Team Cap allies), Winter Soldier
o Team Iron Man - Ares, Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Quake, Spider-Man, Team Iron Man (pick 3 Team Iron Man allies) , Vision, War Machine

Powered-Up characters for each side:
o Team Cap - Ant-Man, Sam Wilson (Falcon), Hawkeye (Modern), Steve Rogers (First Avenger), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Winter Soldier, Thing, The Punisher, Scarlet Witch, Human Torch (Classic) Iron Fist, Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Storm (Classic), Steve Rogers (Captain America), Hawkeye (Classic), Storm (Modern)
o Team Iron Man - War Machine, Vision, Black Widow (Original), Iron Man (Mark XLVI), Mr. Fantastic, Nick Fury, Quake, Black Widow (Grey Suit), Black Panther, Spider-Man (Classic), Iron Man (Model 40), Captain Marvel (Modern), Ares, Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel), Black Widow (Modern), Iron Man (Model 35)3

• Rewards

o Team Cap:  Player Awards - Hawkeye (Modern) and Sam Wilson (Falcon) covers.  Round Awards - Ant-Man covers, Red power cover for Steve Rogers (First Avenger).

o Team Iron Man:  Player Awards - Black Widow (Original) and Vision covers.  Round Awards - Quake covers, a Yellow power cover for Iron Man (Mark XLVI).

• Difficulty o The surrounding mission pins should have a more gradual ramp in difficulty in this run.

• Score Targets o Reduced personal progression score targets at every level. o Removed 700,000 Points from Round 7 score target and added 700,000 to Round 8 score target.

• Change to Steve Rogers (Civil War)

o Earth's Mightiest Heroes now creates 2 tiles instead of 1.
o Shield Bash costs 7 instead of 9, deals more damage.
o Coordinated Offensive now costs 9 instead of 7, deals more damage.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Edit: whoops, completely misread that, carry on

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Opened a 10 pack from PVP. 9 2 stars and 1 3 star.

But I got 2 tokens from those 2 stars!

2 more 2 stars.

On that note I've recruited a second 2 star Storm to try to work her up to the point that I can champ her and sell my fully champed Storm. Figure I'll keep getting those sweet sweet rewards that way.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Opened a 10 pack from PVP. 9 2 stars and 1 3 star.

But I got 2 tokens from those 2 stars!

2 more 2 stars.

On that note I've recruited a second 2 star Storm to try to work her up to the point that I can champ her and sell my fully champed Storm. Figure I'll keep getting those sweet sweet rewards that way.

Wouldn't that be a net loss of Iso? or are you just wanting the other rewards like hero points and stuff?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
How's Quake? I'm conflicted as to which side I should vote our group should choose for Civil War part 2.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

CidGregor posted:

Wouldn't that be a net loss of Iso? or are you just wanting the other rewards like hero points and stuff?

Pretty much. You get tokens, hero points, and command points from championing them. Plus you get hero points and 17k iso for selling the fully championed one.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

plainswalker75 posted:

How's Quake? I'm conflicted as to which side I should vote our group should choose for Civil War part 2.

I havent much kept up, but shes a 4 star who isn't jean, iceman, hulkbuster, cyclops or red hulk.

I cant believe this game is somehow still skating along treating 4 stars like end game rare super sparkly trophies. 33 sparkly trophies and you literally can make do with 5.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 26, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can't believe they switch the Falcon and Hulkbuster rewards.

That blows.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Quake is actually really good it's just that most of the players who have her covered at this point have moved on to 5stars.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My problem is that Hulkbuster is only 1 cover away from being maxed and Sam Wilson is at 2/3/1 or something, meaning 1 of each cover would be useful.

I don't have any Quake covers and Ant-man is at 3/0/0.

ninja alamode
Apr 20, 2004

Quake is, if not top tier with those others, right behind them, because she was made to counter some of those top tier characters. She completely neutralizes Jean and Red Hulk, and weakens Iceman. Besides one of the best passives in the game (negating area damage), her own area attack is fairly strong with free board shake. I think the main reason Quake isn't listed with the top five characters you listed is because she came out after they stopped allowing you to directly buy covers, so not many people have her fully covered yet, but I can see her eventually being top tier right along with them.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
To be honest I've pretty much never progressed past Prof X / SW / GW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
I've never even picked up a Professor X cover. Super annoying.