Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
So, is there a reason why I'm fighting evil clowns in Ghent now? I'm so confused...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The circus are secretly mercenaries from the Lawless District the Kartel hired because why wouldn't you hire clown assassins, really.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Well, this is the same game where Sharks can float in a Tower because it's got Electrolytes

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

edit: Man, it's bizarre that after Anton there's a long chain of quests in the old level 70 lawless zones.

There aren't. You just skipped them earlier and you have to do them to unlock Castle.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Yeah, I figured that out later. It seemed like they were related because the plot mentions meeting the princess, and then suddenly the princess is held hostage. And I already did the lawless zone on that character, but it was before the scenario dungeon system was a thing. And somehow the quest skip function didn't account for that chain. It's a big clusterfuck.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I know it's partly the tacticians contracts coming out like candy for a while but I'm really hard up for SP on sword master even at just 50. What do I skip?

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Get crit, cube skills, then work your way back up the tree. Leave ele shift at 1 because it's terrible. Illusion slash is entirely skippable without a bludgeon.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If you're using short swords you can get away with lowering all of your non-cube skills to 1 except tossing slash.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

WombatCyborg posted:

So, is there a reason why I'm fighting evil clowns in Ghent now? I'm so confused...

The Silver Spoon are a travelling circus, because in the post-apoc wasteland part of Empyrean, people value their fun. Also the post-apoc wasteland is a shithole, so they learned how to fight, but instead of guns and poo poo, they just did it in a hella thematic circus way. Eventually. the circus fell on hard times, and then they accepted a mercenary contract from the Kartel. That's why you're fighting clowns, Dhalsim, a fire-breathing fat man, and two stage magicians.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

So that was weird. First run of Kartel HQ and my ranger's gun wasn't firing any bullets, no matter what skill I used.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Anonymous Robot posted:

So that was weird. First run of Kartel HQ and my ranger's gun wasn't firing any bullets, no matter what skill I used.

Weird bug having to do with jetpacking. I remember that it could be fixed, but I don't remember how.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010

Anonymous Robot posted:

Exact same thing happens to me. Really annoying, but at least it only affects my basic attacks.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
So, Got a dark Templar up to level 51 thus far. I think the thing I appreciate the most is the complete lack of buffs to manage. The superholds will be nice when everything doesn't die in one hit from anything i do, I'm sure.

Liberate: Buckshot is also a lot of fun, spitting out lasers in the middle of other attacks.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

RPZip posted:

Is there a good guide for what to do for gearing once I hit cap on my Demon Slayer? I've only ever barely poked at Otherverse and the Ancient Dungeons, and that was a while ago at this point.

Looking through the various events, I've got 3 selective chronicle boxes, a bunch of stars since I'm a returnee and about 30m gold after I bought the doppelganger box. Especially since the stars let you get (almost) one piece from each set for not much cost, is there anything in particular that I should be looking at as one-off rather than trying to grind out a whole set? I know I've got a ton of Hell invites to grind through at some point as well, which would impact what I'd go for assuming I got an epic to drop, but is there anything general I should be heading for?

I would start burning though as many hell modes as you can handle / have invites for. Your weapon dictates a lot about your character (ie what element to stack, which affects enchants, accessories, etc) and if you luck into a decent one things will fall into place much more easily.

for chronicles the tippy top damage set is 9-piece majin's whisper, but going for 6-piece sword demon's blessing might be nice because 1) 6-piece will let you wear those free(ish) legendaries 2) it's better for farming ancients and 3) 6-piece is way easier to get, while still being good.

not sure about stars. I imagine the biggest boost would be dumping them into imposter reports and getting the gracia zan. The upcoming gracia set is very good as well once you're stacking light.

alternatively, stacking water is probably the most effective route for cost: lv.80 halidom zan (and eventually requiem/liberation zan) for water element + sea god legendaries. Water is the cheapest element by far, and the princess epic accessories add huge water damage if you luck into one.

great glory ring/necklace are both good. The bracelet as well, but you have to watch out for smash modifiers on other gear, which don't stack.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Thanks for this. I'm in a similar position in that I just came back and switched to DS and I'm trying to figure out what direction to go in. I blew through a ton of hells over the weekend and got a Lightness Auto Top and King Baboon Pants, so I'm probably gonna work on 6pc Sword Demon for now and at least get some use out of those epics. Currently running a 85 Halidom Zan, but with stars dropping like mad due to being a returnee, I'm thinking of picking up the Gracia zan and use this spare magic stone box from the OV event to get a +light stone (already had a fire one from the I Want You event) and run that for now along with a light doppelganger title until I can farm ancients enough for reqiuem/lib, since that will at least get some more use out of the +light on the epic top. I got a Cold Princess necklace too, but I'd have to get find an extra Sword Demon piece to keep 6pc and use that, so I don't think that's worth going into water vs getting the Gracia zan and doing light.

Only thing I'm trying to figure out is if Gracia zan is enough of an upgrade over the 85 Halidom to be worth it (if i pick up the other +light stuff), or if I could be spending my stars on something else.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
While water is the cheapest to gear +elemental damage for, Ghost Train is a bad dungeon.

Source: Me, running Ghost Train until the end of time.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Seconded, except I'm done with the idiot dungeon.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I only just started that grind. Gotta get my swap pieces.

At least I can insta-kill Floo after baiting one teleport.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Nethertribes posted:

While water is the cheapest to gear +elemental damage for, Ghost Train is a bad dungeon.

Source: Me, running Ghost Train until the end of time.

I must be weird because I kinda enjoy Ghost Train normal on her :shobon:

The music is calming, and Floo...

Nevermind, Ghost Train is terrible and bad. gently caress Floo and its screaming train bullets :argh:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
If Floo were a better boss Ghost Train would be massively improved.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Gologle posted:

If Floo were a better boss Ghost Train would be massively improved.

Floo's difficulty is super dependent on class. My GM trashes him with zero issue, even on ex, but my sader can barely touch him. EX also has the problem of the time circle thing spawning in the first half of room 4, which is a two-parter. It's really hard to defeat Conductor Whatsface before the timecop shows up if you aren't in a party.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Its been a very long time since I've bothered running Reshpon, I forgot that this place has the best music in the game.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Einwand posted:

I forgot that this place has the best music in the game.

Wait, we're talking about Mushroom Garden now?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm sorry, I heard Organization! The Kartel.

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah Ghost Train is actually pretty fun, but Floo difficulty entirely depends on your class.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Who did you all give your starfall equip to? And how is it working out?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Demon Slayer. IT IS FANTASTIC

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Oh hey, Scenario mode actually gives the Kartel storyline a conclusion. Always kinda bothered me how that one just kinda stopped previously.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Einwand posted:

Its been a very long time since I've bothered running Reshpon, I forgot that this place has the best music in the game.

LogicNinja posted:

Wait, we're talking about Mushroom Garden now?

Gologle posted:

I'm sorry, I heard Organization! The Kartel.

Yall done hosed up. Old Streets (and its corresponding boss music) is number one in game

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Red Hand Busley don't play.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Seriously, how much do you have to gently caress up to contract both Slayer Disease and lycanthropy

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

it's just as bad of a gently caress up like some rear end in a top hat touching himself and nuking the place, transforming it completely

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Anonymous Robot posted:

Seriously, how much do you have to gently caress up to contract both Slayer Disease and lycanthropy

One of these alts I should pay more attention to the dialogue and such because that's kind of funny

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
DFO's world and...I was going to say story, but really it's more plot details and background information, is really interesting. I do kind of hate how a lot of it seems like it's out of game. I mentioned this before, but we knew Hilder's true plan and intentions waaaaay before it comes up in-game. Speaking of, I think our character STILL has no real idea what they're doing.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The Grim Seekers are the first in character indication that the 'kill all the apostles' plan is actually Hilder's manipulation. Our character started caring about Apostles because Isis showed up and started doing the prophetess thing while she was being manipulated/possessed by Hilder (partway through Castaway). I should go back and redo/finish my story overview.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
Yes, please do. I've yet to read a single line of dialogue in game and I'm not about to start now.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

You know, with mirror Arad I'm surprised that I haven't come across the dungeon with the actual Michelle boss fight

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

InfinityComplex posted:

You know, with mirror Arad I'm surprised that I haven't come across the dungeon with the actual Michelle boss fight

It's not included as part of the rotation, because you go there as part of a scenario dungeon or something.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Yeah you kinda encounter her in the dream verderia but that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I seem to recall hearing that Verderia/Moonlight Tavern are actually in the mirror arad rotation, they're just super rare for seemingly no reason at all.