Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Work

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

polish sausage posted:

Yeah I just did that. I was playing her in the beta and all that practice payed off today I nailed a bastion with the big blue ball while his buddies waltzed into my meat grinder. I got a play of the game for it.

The RMB orbs are intense if you land one through a choke point.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Lootbox gave me Gambler MCcree. Guess it's HIGH NOON.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Spiritus Nox posted:

RIP Team Fortress 2, a new god-king has arrived

it had a real good run tho

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm really digging Symmetra so far, her turrets are way more fun than I expected. The fact that they can go wherever and are juuust small enough to be really annoying to totally clear out makes her way more fun for me than the dwarf.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Gamerofthegame posted:

it had a real good run tho

Wow? Really. drat. Incredible

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Also I already dropped 11 bucks on boxes, but I got the Jester Junkrat out of it so that's 11 bucks well spent

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

The RMB orbs are intense if you land one through a choke point.

Getting hit by those always feels wrong to me, in like a gamefeel/hit reaction kind of sense. It's hard to explain but I wish there was more feedback on them 'cause right now they just sort of phase through you and you take a bunch of damage without any noticeable reaction and the damage always feels like it's coming after the orb has already passed through you.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Brannock posted:

Wow? Really. drat. Incredible

it's true

hosed up huh

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Even through I didn't save it, but I got play of the game as D.VA by killing one person and then pushing Mei off a cliff. Which that poor Mei player tried to use a ice wall to cross a pit later and got pushed into the pit again.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Is there any reason to not open loot crates as soon as I get them?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mordiceius posted:

Is there any reason to not open loot crates as soon as I get them?

If you're in a a good crew and just getting good game after good game then maybe you just want to wait until afterward to open them.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm really digging Symmetra so far, her turrets are way more fun than I expected. The fact that they can go wherever and are juuust small enough to be really annoying to totally clear out makes her way more fun for me than the dwarf.

Symmetra is so much fun on defense, although I'm sure she won't be quite as hilarious once I'm not in potato MMR. You get to just stand around and set up shop and watch your enemies die as you just provide mountains of incremental utility.

Personal favorite so far was a D.va charging into our capture point alone and wasting all her focus on our Reinhardt while all 6 beams fried her. Also getting play of the game thanks to sentries just after as I re spawned, so the replay was just me walking around at base.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

FAUXTON posted:

If you're in a a good crew and just getting good game after good game then maybe you just want to wait until afterward to open them.

Yeah, what I just meant is there's no reason to store them up or anything. When you get them, you shouldn't save them but open them. Just making sure.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
My favorite thing I've done with her has been slapping a couple turrets on a spot where the enemy Widowmaker kept sniping us from and I guess the shock of it made them freak out so much they just jumped off the edge firing their gun wildly.

But yea, a turret character that's actually pretty mobile is a breath of fresh air for me, just running around sticking my shittly little laser balls everywhere I need to.

I do wish there was some kinda...protection for the teleporter. Am I just not using it right? If I put it anywhere that would be useful it's just kinda a giant sitting duck and all.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

im so loving mad at this game holy moly

i've been playing since 7 and I've got 8 wins

eight wins

I'm level 10

why does my team suck so hard every time, I should expect less of goons gg

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Mortimer posted:

If you're winning that infrequently I suspect your teammates aren't the problem

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
It's me I'm the problem!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mortimer posted:

eight wins

I'm level 10

If it's that consistent, it's definitely you bringing the team down. I am sorry I have to be the one to tell you this.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

If you are going to do full groups with goons you are going to run into other pre-mades fairly often. Learn to take one on the nose sometimes or get good and carry your teams.

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
First night of Overwatch in the bag and I'm pretty sure I'm just never playing a different video game ever again

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Didn't think I'd like Dva as much as I do.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Mortimer posted:

eight wins

I'm level 10

What's your main?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Its fun and also incredibly frustrating! I don't know which emotion I feel more strongly!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

If your team sucks then don't be afraid to double up on carries like tanks and healers. A Mercy in your back lines can be the pin that saves the entire team

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Overwatch dropped while I was at work and my week long vacation started 45 minutes ago.

This...

this is living

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hey Overwatch stop dropping me right as games end. Thanks. And stop making me hunt down and end all battle.net tasks after closing it just to restart overwatch.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Ularg posted:

And stop making me hunt down and end all battle.net tasks after closing it just to restart overwatch.

Switch game focus

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Oh man I got the Tism Prism hard, been playing nothing but Symmetra on def and when you click with how to place turrets and how long their range is you can hold an entire team back from an objective.

I picked winston, i blew all your turrets up. they're gone now.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Try countering Bastion as Hanzo, Genji or Widowmaker

Except your team already has all 3 of them because they have a gravitational pull like the loving sun to the worst people on the team

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Hace posted:

I picked winston, i blew all your turrets up. they're gone now.

I charged someone as Reinhardt and killed 6 turrets on the way. It was kinda sad.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The goons I play with rolled this one team and one of their players was pretty salty. Called us a noob premade. I mockingly asked them what a premade was and this was their response.

Lmao, good lord. How do I report that person?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

If your team sucks then don't be afraid to double up on carries like tanks and healers. A Mercy in your back lines can be the pin that saves the entire team

Game really should recommend double tanks, being able to chip away and gain a numbers advantage is pretty drat solid.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

teagone posted:

right click name

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
I get home from work, get laundry and all the other chores done so I can dedicate some time to the game.

Then Comcast internet goes down right as I'm ready to play.

J
Jun 10, 2001

teagone posted:

The goons I play with rolled this one team and one of their players was pretty salty. Called us a noob premade. I mockingly asked them what a premade was and this was their response.

:eyepop: Hahaha

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Drakes posted:

Game really should recommend double tanks, being able to chip away and gain a numbers advantage is pretty drat solid.

The tricky thing is that all tanks are not created equal as well. Winston and the Russian lady whose name escapes me are designed to be played way differently than Reinhardt or DVA. One of each is usually good, but they are both called "tanks"

teagone posted:

I see you have found my alt account

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Fist Skin drop

Now my second Legendary

booya

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Drythe I think our goon premade ran into your premade and it was fun and good.

Sadly my connection dropped as we were running four Mei's. RIP :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgy Bees
Sep 9, 2013

God damnit Kojei! ......But seriously, D.Va is a blast.