Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Mr.Tophat posted:

You need to get the gang to gather more clues, then we'll do the dramatic reveal and remove the mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Posting in a 3900 page thread

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016
Is the game finished yet?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Sperglord posted:

depends on your definition of finished

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

the whales are beaching

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Happy Birthday Sandi.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Ben Lesnick, Developer.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
the absurdity of selling a jpg of a concept of a spaceship

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Happy Overwatch day commandos o9

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

ewe2 posted:

Posting in a 3900 page thread

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

100 MORE TO GO

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

The new hanger tools are magnificent works of incompetence. I watched a streamer walk around for minutes trying to figure out which of the identical tiny blue-green dots scattered around the floor spawns the ship he actually wanted, and it takes precisely zero thought at all to conclude that this UI is going to be a huge pain in the rear end for big ships and for spots high up on ships. At any ordinary place a UI this atrocious wouldn't ever even be conceived yet alone have any time spent actually making the lovely thing. It's that dedication to making sure every patch is full of features that are horrible in conception and broken in implementation that truly makes CIG something special.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I can't believe how excited I am for Star Citizen!

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ben Lesnick, Developer.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

notoriousman posted:

not caught up with the thread just yet, but just wanted to share a weird dream i had with you

bootcha wasn't posting in this thread because he found the teeth of a half-human, half-shark hybrid that was potentially involved in a murder (hey, due process). and because of this he was travelling up and down the east coast trying to find a police precinct whose forensics lab wasn't inept and/or corrupt, since several so far had ruined the samples they were given (which made them turn orange and crumple apart) and he only had so many teeth as evidence.

that's all i remember and it's apropos of nothing besides involving bootcha and sharks i suppose, even if they're bizarre shark-people

ok bye

I too have had SC dreams.

Once I dreamed that I was meeting up with the Descent Underground guys at a hotel bar, and EP was bemoaning that his guys were getting poached by SC. So I came up with the idea that "Hey, we should fight them for the dudes", and then we agreed to a hockey game: Winner gets the dudes. I skated out and checked CR into the boards, and scored on Dan Tracey in net. I think Sandi was yelling at all of us from the bench.

Then I woke up.

ok bye

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Bootcha posted:

Once I dreamed that I was meeting up with the Descent Underground guys at a hotel bar, and EP was bemoaning that his guys were getting poached by SC. So I came up with the idea that "Hey, we should fight them for the dudes", and then we agreed to a hockey game: Winner gets the dudes. I skated out and checked CR into the boards, and scored on Dan Tracey in net. I think Sandi was yelling at all of us from the bench.

Then I woke up.

ok bye
I'm not that into hockey, but from what I do know of the sport this sounds like about the least confrontational that match could've been.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sperglord posted:

Oh it's finished all right!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

G0RF posted:

Oh it's finished all right!

That's the ironic thing. The Completionist Package actually lives up to its name.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Twitch SC update:

7 streamers, 113 total viewers.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Bootcha posted:

Then I woke up.

ok bye
That's a pretty awesome SC dream Bootcha. I imagine Sandi has done her share of yelling about you. Any employee who wants to keep their job probably had to delete "Smoke Weed Everyday" from their desktop playlists. It's a trigger song now.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jul 19, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It is a sad day when I can just come and post on page 3900 after being away from 5 minutes and still get in. Save us MoMA!

Come back B of inforetard! I'll be nicer to you by around 2.3 percent.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

G0RF posted:

That's a pretty awesome SC dream Bootcha. I imagine Sandi has done her share of yelling about you. Any employee who wants to keep their job probably had to delete "Smoke Weed Everyday" from their desktop playlists. It's a trigger song now.

I have Star Citizen dreams occasionally too but they're more mundane.

Recently I woke up flustered, certain that I'd posted something before I fell asleep that I've been secretly thinking awhile but would never write up in the thread. (Yes, for all the typing I do, there's much I don't write...) So I grabbed my phone, racing to delete it -- then saw a bunch of Mr Tophat silliness or MOMA noise and realized I didn't post anything. It was a huge relief.
Don't you realize what you all are saying? If you are having dreams about Star Citizen, that means Chris Roberts has won (remember the whiteboard?)

It's too bad memory-erasing technology has not been put into practice, yet. But perhaps there is still hope for you.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nicholas posted:

the absurdity of selling a jpg of a concept of a spaceship

Excuse me! It's a a jpeg of a concept of a spaceship for the pre-alpha half of the game they are not actively working on.

skaboomizzy posted:

Twitch SC update:

7 streamers, 113 total viewers.

up, Up, UP!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
[Katamari / Mega Thread] Griefing In 2.x

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Here, watch some better than COD FPS action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTL4CBHTbvI

It's guys in suits vs dudes with finger guns. (go to 5:05)

quote:

lordaddament Freelancer 1 point 2 hours ago

You can kill people in ships now?

[–]Mr_Nerd_Guy Bounty Hunter 2 points an hour ago

Sorta. If the ship is moving, it doesn't work. And the physics grid is sometimes wonky. I'm hopefull it will get sorted out on the PTU.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 24, 2016

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I watched some overwatch amd it looks like a fun game

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
r/dereksmart: I'm sorry all, but honestly, this little war that never was is over.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I want the game to be a thing now just so someone can give this person a virtual swirlie.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

'With that said, I'm sure Chris has demanded VR functionality be a part of every design process. That is why I'm assuming the polished product is taking so long. He knows the future of the gaming industry and has to stay a few steps ahead of those publishers while keeping everything secret.'

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6680008/#Comment_6680008

Roberts. Is. A. Genius. I'm guessing 4D VR.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Gravity_Storm posted:

'With that said, I'm sure Chris has demanded VR functionality be a part of every design process. That is why I'm assuming the polished product is taking so long. He knows the future of the gaming industry and has to stay a few steps ahead of those publishers while keeping everything secret.'

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6680008/#Comment_6680008

Roberts. Is. A. Genius. I'm guessing 4D VR.

with what engine? CryTek is already raising their concerns on VR

http://www.eteknix.com/crytek-voices-concerns-async-compute/

lol

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

3900 woot

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
Oh goddammit you guys have a subforum again? What's happening with Star Citizen these days? Is Eonwe still kickin it? Is Beer still dead?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

can someone implement a word filter to replace 'goon' with 'salty asshats' in this subforum? thanks in advance

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

It's weird. They think it's a war with sides or something instead of a bunch of assholes making fun of a stupid game and its fans. There's no war. Just laughing at stupid things that don't matter.

CIG's attempt to rally the troops around the idea that there are outside forces conspiring against the game for nefarious reasons is surprisingly successful. The only "war" should be between consumers and the companies that serve them. CIG doesn't give a poo poo about you. They just want their money. This isn't about some huge rally to save PC gaming or prove the "haters" wrong. It's about a company making money.

It's just a game. Chill out. E stalking d smart is the definition of caring about Internet bullshit too much.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Toast getting tooled was the only highlight kinda dissapointed. :flaccid:

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Concierge:

1. (especially in France) a resident caretaker of a block of flats or a small hotel.
2. a hotel employee whose job is to assist guests by booking tours, making theatre and restaurant reservations, etc

So if I back SC for more than $1000 I get to be the caretaker of a fooking block of flats??

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Encounter at Fart Point :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Encounter at Fart Point :v:

:perfect:

• Locked thread