Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

i think the dads should make out a little

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

FuturePastNow posted:

They're gonna tie Ichigo's sword to Ishida's head again

No way will Kubo do something that awesome again.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Baal posted:

Please stop bullying Bleach

Yeah, there's no need, Japanese children are talking care of it. Bleach has been in last place in the weekly polls for ages. The only things that score lower are brand new series that flop out of the gate.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Begemot posted:

Yeah, there's no need, Japanese children are talking care of it. Bleach has been in last place in the weekly polls for ages. The only things that score lower are brand new series that flop out of the gate.

and nisekoi but that's not saying much

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

slev posted:

and nisekoi but that's not saying much

Am I fortunate to not know what that series is?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Doresh posted:

Am I fortunate to not know what that series is?

it is just a dumb harem romcom. the only reason anyone should have strong feelings about it is if they were somehow dim enough to have high expectations for a dumb harem romcom.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

it is just a dumb harem romcom. the only reason anyone should have strong feelings about it is if they were somehow dim enough to have high expectations for a dumb harem romcom.

So nothing of value was lost...

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
To be fair. Nisekoi is pretty much one of the best harem romcoms currently. Granted that bar is set so very VERY low...
But at least the mangaka tries to make jokes other than fetish of the week fanservice poo poo like 99.9% of the harem shows out there.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Mulderman posted:

To be fair. Nisekoi is pretty much one of the best harem romcoms currently. Granted that bar is set so very VERY low...
But at least the mangaka tries to make jokes other than fetish of the week fanservice poo poo like 99.9% of the harem shows out there.

Now I have the false hope that Bleach might also also go so far down that the only direction left is up again. You monster.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I dunno if I would call Nisekoi one of the best harem romcoms, judging from what I remember of the series.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I dunno if I would call Nisekoi one of the best harem romcoms, judging from what I remember of the series.

That just shows how low that bar is set.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Nisekoi's worst crime is dragging things out too long. It should have ended like 50 chapters ago but he just keeps repeating plotlines and literally having the protagonist be asleep when people confess to him.

It's great when it's trying to be funny, and has hardly any fanservice. That puts it above most romance manga.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Nisekoi was funny because the author was so shameless about dragging things out.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
If we're gonna talk about good romcoms at least use Jitsu Wa as an example.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

It was pretty cute though.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Inari Konkon's gotta get a mention. No pointless perverted poo poo there.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

It speaks volumes about how lovely Bleach has gotten if we talk about harem series instead of the protagonist of the series squaring off against the final boss during the final arc of the series.

There is just nothing to discuss here... So how about that Raku eh? He sure is dense!

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Bleach is almost a harem manga as well at this point. Ichigo has inexplicably managed to make it so Rukia, Orihime, Riruka and Nel be totally into him.

Well, Nel is probably just attracted to his insane spiriton levels but the rest are inexplicable.

Get with Tatsuki already Orihime.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cavelcade posted:

Bleach is almost a harem manga as well at this point. Ichigo has inexplicably managed to make it so Rukia, Orihime, Riruka and Nel be totally into him.

Well, Nel is probably just attracted to his insane spiriton levels but the rest are inexplicable.

I wish I could use Tsukishima's power and forget about Bleach.

But it's grip on me is too powerful.

Not even he could make me completely forget.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like how kubo tried to add a bit of humor back in with a few hitsugaya jokes and they all fell completely flat. dude cant even pull off a visual gag any more.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
There's no way bleach is good by any stretch but I don't know what manga you're all reading if you honestly think it's that bad.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

sharktamer posted:

There's no way bleach is good by any stretch but I don't know what manga you're all reading if you honestly think it's that bad.

One Piece is sort of a given but Hunter x Hunter is back for a little while, Toriko's staying strong into its finale and My Hero Academia is amazing from end to end.

Bleach is easily one of the worst shounen manga out there. Its panels are half empty white space, its character designs are comically similar, its fights are lifeless, its dialogue is limp, its pacing makes glaciers weep. There's really nothing it does well and the only reason I still "read" it is because a chapter takes all of two minutes to click through.

e: Sengoku Youko finished the other day as well and it was adorable.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 23, 2016

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Cavelcade posted:

TatsuHime is the only ship worth sailing on.

i like how kubo tried to add a bit of humor back in with a few hitsugaya jokes and they all fell completely flat. dude cant even pull off a visual gag any more.

Remember when he made Mengele-kun a whacky dude? Having funny scenese with the guy whose people he tortured to death? Kubo's sense of humor is rather special.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Academia is the only thing in Jump right now I actually enjoy reading consistently, but I'm not gonna sit here and act like I'm wasting my time reading Bleach and then be ironic about it. It's loving stupid, but it's really hard for me to be like "YO THIS poo poo IS THE WORST HUH" unless something as stupidly beautiful as Adult Hitsugaya happens again.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The worst shounen battle manga are the ones that are quietly canceled after two or three volumes and never translated into English, by fans or otherwise.

I still maintain that the worst manga I ever read was a one volume wonder where the protagonist was a Buddhist monk/spirit/something who had sworn an oath of nonviolence and every single chapter ended with him grimly saying "I'm breaking my oath just this once!" and messily murdering the poo poo out of the villain of the chapter

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

So rurouni kenshin with bad impulse control? It's a shame they screwed that up, that sounds like something I'd read if it was done well.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

AnonSpore posted:

The worst shounen battle manga are the ones that are quietly canceled after two or three volumes and never translated into English, by fans or otherwise.

I still maintain that the worst manga I ever read was a one volume wonder where the protagonist was a Buddhist monk/spirit/something who had sworn an oath of nonviolence and every single chapter ended with him grimly saying "I'm breaking my oath just this once!" and messily murdering the poo poo out of the villain of the chapter

I would prefer a really crappy 1-3 volume manga over a slightly less crappy one that refuses to die.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AnonSpore posted:

Not everyone can be as awesomely non-violent as Vinland Saga's Thorffin.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Doresh posted:

I would prefer a really crappy 1-3 volume manga over a slightly less crappy one that refuses to die.

You can stop reading?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bleach sucks; I like bleach

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Manatee Cannon posted:

bleach sucks; I like bleach

the king is dead; long live the king

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Gyges posted:

Not everyone can be as awesomely non-violent as Vinland Saga's Thorffin.

To be fair his pre non violent phase has a insane body count.

All those dead crops from the farming arc....

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Bleach ain't bad it's just so tragically not good that I'm sitting here every chapter waiting for it to be really bad but it never happens so I get disappointed and vent in this thread.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I could talk about how much Bleach sucks for pages and pages but at the same time I could (and did) post a fuckton of pages when it was good and I've spent over 5 hours rereading Bleach just to find pages to support my theories, so....

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I can quit any time

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

I could (and did) post a fuckton of pages when it was good

Nope

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?
I haven't read bleach in months. Is it any good yet? I know my avatar is hollow ichigo, cause I joined the forums when bleach was still "good." The fullbringer arc really ruined it for me. I stayed tuned for a little bit of the 1000 blood year arc til uryuu and ichigo met haschiwaizen.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jesse James posted:

I haven't read bleach in months. Is it any good yet? I know my avatar is hollow ichigo, cause I joined the forums when bleach was still "good." The fullbringer arc really ruined it for me. I stayed tuned for a little bit of the 1000 blood year arc til uryuu and ichigo met haschiwaizen.

Wait gently caress was that months ago??????

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wait gently caress was that months ago??????

This question should answer your question about whether Bleach is good yet or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The answer is yes

• Locked thread