Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Regalingualius posted:

So what's the penalty for leaving repeatedly?

Look, I'm sorry, but I put my fun before going through a lovely time with randoms.

There's supposedly MMR or something, so maybe you'll get dropped into games of leavers or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I am loving -awful- at Reaper, holy poo poo.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Just got OT at 99% to 0%, good system bliz.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Got Mariachi Reaper, Firefighter Mei, Yeti Hunter Mei, Lionheart Reinheardt all in one night. Only skin left that I want is Lonewolf Hanzo and my life is complete.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Well, naturally those who didn't take part in the open beta are people who either haven't paid much attention to the game (and so know little about the characters and how to play) or who don't play many games overall.

This is the downside to blizz games being so popular. It'll pass in a week or two though just like beta.

Yeah every other match is either complete newbs or extremely good. Its jarring.

I feel like if they disabled Reaper for like two weeks things'll look up on that front. You can usually tell who's going to win a match by seeing which team has fewer Reapers on it- Ever since I noticed it and started keeping track, some 80% of the matches that have had at least one Reaper has been won by the team with the Reaper deficit. Most people are just terrible with him, especially if an enemy Bastion is in the equation. And they never, ever switch. Ever.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Yeah Reaper is a big one. Double Widowmaker/Hanzo is also another bad omen

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Had a great time with goons today, thanks for the invite puppy :gooncamp:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

overwatch... is good

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Oh God I'm gonna main Mercy, I know it

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Drakes posted:

There's supposedly MMR or something, so maybe you'll get dropped into games of leavers or something.
There's a consecutive match XP bonus.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Probably dumb question, is all the jerky character animations and people blipping around a result of my own connection sucking, Blizzard's servers being overwhelmed, or both? I don't remember it being this bad when I was playing Vermintide and given that this is a fast-paced shooter I'd like to be able to hit what I'm aiming at rather than watching someone teleport five feet to the left every time I pull the trigger.

Also I suck at Bastion for such a supposedly OP character, I'm not bad with Torbjorn though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

redweird posted:

Yeah Reaper is a big one. Double Widowmaker/Hanzo is also another bad omen

Yeah if I see double widow I just give up.

Kai Tave posted:

Probably dumb question, is all the jerky character animations and people blipping around a result of my own connection sucking, Blizzard's servers being overwhelmed, or both? I don't remember it being this bad when I was playing Vermintide and given that this is a fast-paced shooter I'd like to be able to hit what I'm aiming at rather than watching someone teleport five feet to the left every time I pull the trigger.

Also I suck at Bastion for such a supposedly OP character, I'm not bad with Torbjorn though.

That's on you. Either your internet or your video card / graphics configuration, but the game looks smooth as butter on my end so I don't think its blizz.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
having played beta, it feels unfair murdering some of these pubbie retards. any idea at what level one can expect the matchmaking to even out?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

The best company is 5 tracers 1 Lucio. Especially on koth

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i got roped into six S76 and it was pleasant

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Zaphod42 posted:

How did I never realize during beta that if you jump and use roadhog's hook, it pulls you to them instead of the other way around? That's fantastic.

Are you fuckin kidding me

God drat I wish I was home playing overwatch

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.

TheTofuShop posted:

The best company is 5 tracers 1 Lucio. Especially on koth

you're wrong. it's 6x soldier

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Ended up going mercy, Lucio or symmetra most of the time, but had a fun night with pubbies. Got my first play of the game as Pharah, killed a mercy wandering around the defense point, turned back to the objective and saw a reaper and roadhog walking by not looking at me. Justice from two feet to your left! Got a hockey Lucio skin and sharkhog. Yay?

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

That's Tracer. Her gimmick is to simulate lag by blinking around and having her health mysteriously refill to where it was a few seconds ago. :v:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Lucio is definitely my main though, i can pull off 10,000 healing in a match sometimes, plus 35% team damage taken

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah if I see double widow I just give up.

I reckon if you're in double Widow bracket you can just go Zarya and carry your team by being at full energy the entire time.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Quad golding with Winston while your Genji and Widow are entirely incapable of hitting a stationary Bastion is an exercise in misery.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I got all five golds as a roadhog once today, yeah including healing done. How do you even

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
First time playing Widowmaker, 29 elimination skill streak.

Ho...how did I become good at sniping? I'm not.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.

Ularg posted:

First time playing Widowmaker, 29 elimination skill streak.

Ho...how did I become good at sniping? I'm not.

everyone is awful at this game.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Game is so much fun.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

DoctorJones posted:

everyone is awful at this game.

I thought we reached the point in the night where only the wannabe pro gaming streamers are on.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
A sample of 2 games. One offense, one defense.

Offense ( Hanamura ) : Playing as reinhardt i learn my team is too stupid to stand behind the shield, too awful at sniping ( why do we have two widowmakers ) to hit a stationary bastion, And when me and my friend ( as lucio ) clear the point of the entire enemy team, our two snipers, dva, and reaper all hang out away from the point as we get picked off by the trickle in of everyone we just killed.

Defense ( Numbani ) : Playing as Torbjorn, my friend goes Bastion. I place my turret to guard the point and we move up towards the spawn exit. I cover Bastions flank, and we proceed to thrash the enemy team. The one or two that avoid us get picked off by my turret. I end the match with a victory and 28 eliminations as Torbjorn, with my turret maybe getting 3 of them. I was nominated at the end for ARMOR PACKS. I didn't even know that could happen.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!

Ciaphas posted:

I got all five golds as a roadhog once today, yeah including healing done. How do you even

I think it counts your self-heal jenkem huff as a heal. It heals a shitton fast and often.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
D.Va play of the game: knocking 3 enemies off the cliff on Illios with my boost, and then spooking a Tracer so badly on the way out that she blinks off the edge to her death.

Eat your heart out, Lucio.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

so this game is good bye

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Got a legendary!

:negative:

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Megafunk posted:

I think it counts your self-heal jenkem huff as a heal. It heals a shitton fast and often.

Yeah it does. You can generally chug it with most people shooting at you and still come out slightly ahead with health so you can hook, shoot punch all over again.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

7 hours later I must sleep but drat it was fun, I didn't get the great loot drops some of you did but it'll come. Most of the night I played with a full 6 but it was a mix of beta vets and newbies so if felt like we bounced up and down the MMR levels a bit. Only DC'd once which was nice.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So if you click career profile on the main menu and it's blank, prepare to get disconnected from game server.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Cross region cosmetic unlocks are in the release version as well. Yay.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Gonna pour a few hundred hours into this game real easy. In love with Symmetra and Mercy, feel like I'll play some Lucio once I understand map flows a bit better. I ran him a couple times tonight and managed to get a few airblast kills :3: Very hyped for the ranked ladder in a few weeks

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

GonSmithe posted:

I am loving -awful- at Reaper, holy poo poo.

You hold down left click at dudes while in their grundle

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Pretty happy I got 11 votes at the end of the game, DVa is cute and fun. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

You know Roadhog voted for himself