Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I'd try it out anyway just in case the playstyle clicks with you - you might find it fun enough that the potion use doesn't bother you. That said you do need to level up the ranger pretty high before its playstyle actually fully opens up but you can level up by just shooting things on a horse anyway. Ranger was my first character but in the end I couldn't get into it, which is too bad because being good at everything sounded very appealing to me originally haha.

I personally haven't played a musa/maehwa but the people in our guild who do seem to have a lot of fun. I do have a tamer and she is really fun to grind with - but group pvp with her was a bit of a bummer.

I'm actually leveling my sorceress now and while she does not have lots of aoe and she is super squishy as hell, I love her aesthetic and the 1v1 burst damage is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Third World Reggin posted:

here is a secret that we say over and over again that no one reads

leaders are not needed. Officers can do everything

I'm asking who Goontang's officers are, you dingus

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

I'm asking who Goontang's officers are, you dingus

Whats your character name? Ill toss you an invite when im on.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
Bo, Crusher, Clocks, and Ioneye. Except for Ioneye (as far as I know), they play a few different characters though. If you ask in mumble, someone can tell you which character to message.

Hi posted:

Someone recommend an alt for me to level.

My main is a warrior and I love how indestructable he is, my first alt was a witch and I love how she can aoe lightning storm down an entire screen at once from range but shes too fragile in pvp.

Whats a good mix of crazy aoe and not two shot by pvpers?

Everyone is suggesting sorc but I just cant get into it for some reason, tamer seems like... maybe, blader seemed like a good choice but now that the newest has died down it seems like most everyone else quit their blader/plums. that leaves berserker and valk? Valk seems super cool but too similar to warrior I shoulda just made the valk and not the warrior. I think Id like ranger, but I cant stand the idea of having to tote hundreds of thousands of mana potions everywhere I go

Suggestions?

Valkyries don't get two-shot very easily (or at all if you're geared), but also don't have much aoe. They'll get a few good ones with their awakening lance, but the big thing is an ability that sucks in mobs to a central point. I haven't played a warrior, but as far as I know valkyries trade speed for more ranged abilities compared to a warrior. Pve with a valkyrie is all mid-range shield throw, pvp is melee attacks to burst other classes down. I think they're a really fun class, but they're not as flashy as sorcs and samurai.

You can likely use all your warrior's gear on them (I prefer full grunil, but taritas is also good). If you like having a shield, valkyries keep their shield when awakening weapons come, whereas the warrior dumps it for a greatsword. I don't know if warriors can block with the greatsword, but I assume they can.

I don't think any class has as much aoe as a wizard / witch. Maehwa and musa have good aoe; musa more than maehwa with awakening weapons. Maehwa is tankier currently, and I think will be tankier post awakening as well. They only fight what they want to fight thanks to chase (which can be used as long as you have herbal juice, and now has super armor when the iframe is on cooldown). The only thing that can keep up with them is a horse wizard.

But if they get caught in a bad position, they're still fragile and die.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

ioneye posted:

Whats your character name? Ill toss you an invite when im on.

There's a bunch, but I'm on StregaNona or Guyston most of the time.

I just dropped, so I think I have to wait the 24 hour timer out

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

here is a secret that we say over and over again that no one reads

leaders are not needed. Officers can do everything

except appoint/demote other officers, give guild protection, and update officer contracts

all of which are important things

if you don't want to play the game and/or lead, then give up lead to the people that do

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

GreatestNerdEver posted:

except appoint/demote other officers, give guild protection, and update officer contracts

if you don't want to play the game and/or lead, then give up lead to the people that do

Historically the best leaders are the people who don't want it. Give it to some poor rando

J
Jun 10, 2001

What's the best way to go about building failstacks from 25->35 to attempt duo accessories?

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
Can I get an invite to one of the Goon guilds?
The Discord server seems to be quite dead, but I haven't looked around in the Mumble much.

Family name is Pininfarina.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

TVDinna posted:

Can I get an invite to one of the Goon guilds?
The Discord server seems to be quite dead, but I haven't looked around in the Mumble much.

Family name is Pininfarina.

Get on Balenos1 channel, whisper Valk_Bo or go on the CTS mumble and bother people

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

GreatestNerdEver posted:

lets be honest, no one has ever asked me for guild protection. promote and demote officers is at best a once a week thing, and officer contracts are like every two weeks or monthly.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

GreatestNerdEver posted:

Get on Balenos1 channel, whisper Valk_Bo or go on the CTS mumble and bother people

See this is the secret I was talking about. You just need to get on mumble and bug someone if you ever need anything.

I brought it up before because of the super 3 man discord groups parks and rec seems to have. The multiple groups.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
A couple questions:
Are workers/housing/nodes family bound?
Does anyone else's character not blink? I did set the face effect to 0%, is that the reason?
e2: Are there free costumes/alternate armor looks not counting the profession gear?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Postal Parcel posted:

A couple questions:
Are workers/housing/nodes family bound?
Does anyone else's character not blink? I did set the face effect to 0%, is that the reason?
e2: Are there free costumes/alternate armor looks not counting the profession gear?
Yes, maybe, not really.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

kalstrams posted:

Yes, maybe, not really.

Good, crap, and awww

Thanks for the fast response. I'll probably remake if I need to, since I'm not so far in the grind outside AFK stuff like breath/str/etc. I just can't get used to those eyes being always open, especially when moving the camera around.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Postal Parcel posted:

Good, crap, and awww

Thanks for the fast response. I'll probably remake if I need to, since I'm not so far in the grind outside AFK stuff like breath/str/etc. I just can't get used to those eyes being always open, especially when moving the camera around.
You can just make a new character to make sure that it's indeed so and not something else funny going on. If so, there's always an option to pony up whatever it is for character appearance change ticket.

As to costumes, there are some craftable outfits that give alternate appearances beyond the profession gear (say, noble's dress), but I haven't played in month and a half, so I don't know if they have introduced the item which would allow you to equip the same noble's dress I refer to into the costume slot proper.

Edit: Different armours alternate their looks, by the way, but most people find the change negligible, and it is such compared to the store outfits.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 23, 2016

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Caution is actually a really good horse skill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kys3R0snpg

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
While this isn't directed towards any people having the immediate discussion, in general anyone wanting lead of any MMO guild is precisely not the person to give it to. :eng101:

Bonus points if it's a case of "well I didn't mean myself" said passively aggressively while sulking.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Bonus points if it's a case of "well I didn't mean myself" said passively aggressively while sulking.
Nah this is the best case, they gently caress up shortly afterwards and you trash talk them into oblivion.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Yeah, maybe I'm a crazy outlier here for valuing cohesion over empty edgeposting (which we get plenty of anyway), but I'm with DancingShade. I wasn't kidding when I said give it to some nice sod who doesn't want it.

No offense to GreatestNerdEver, I don't know you. It's just been my experience that Internet Friend Clubs run poorly in the hands of people who want it bad enough to ask more than once

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

DancingShade posted:

in general anyone wanting lead of any MMO guild is precisely not the person to give it to. :eng101:

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
The leader just needs to be someone who is online enough to hand out guild protection.

Goontang has some people that would rather jump in a vat of acid than pvp.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

haha

guild protection is more of a punishment in parks and rec

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Alternatively you can join Starfleet dental and chill with us casuals.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
What the gently caress is guild protection?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

What the gently caress is guild protection?
Guild member can be excluded from all ongoing guild wars, so enemies would lose karma killing the protected person. The protected person will also loose karma for killing guild enemies.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Losing karma is a joke, I flagged up on war protection targets because it's funnier when they lose 2% exp post 50.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Xzov posted:

The leader just needs to be someone who is online enough to hand out guild protection.

Goontang has some people that would rather jump in a vat of acid than pvp.

ParksAndRec does too, if the posting here re: wars is any guide. We ought to have one guild for pacifism and one guild for foreverwar.

CountingWizard posted:

Aren't you guys on a different server?

kalstrams posted:

Guild member can be excluded from all ongoing guild wars, so enemies would lose karma killing the protected person. The protected person will also loose karma for killing guild enemies.

This is a rad feature I had no idea existed

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
If anyone needs a ginvite to GoonTang, hop into mumble and i'll toss you one. Alternatively, you can message Emberfiraga in game, although mumble is more reliable.

Edit: Mumble channel is Dragonfuck plaza.

CrusherEAGLE fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 23, 2016

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
CrusherEAGLE for guild leader

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
Dusters, come back. Nobody can stop talking about you.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
So I'm just playing this casually for now and taking it step for step, but a friend of mine is telling me that I shouldn't level a warrior because they're practically worthless in PvP in endgame? Tried to find anything about it but all I can find is that apparently Sorcs and Wizards are incredibly OP but are to be nerfed in an upcoming patch, and that every class sucks compared to them.

So should I continue with my warrior or should I start looking at other classes?

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008

Stalins Moustache posted:

So I'm just playing this casually for now and taking it step for step, but a friend of mine is telling me that I shouldn't level a warrior because they're practically worthless in PvP in endgame? Tried to find anything about it but all I can find is that apparently Sorcs and Wizards are incredibly OP but are to be nerfed in an upcoming patch, and that every class sucks compared to them.

So should I continue with my warrior or should I start looking at other classes?

Play whatever you like the most. Every class has a role, and every role is important. Nobody is worthless in pvp, some are just a lot better than others at certain things. A warrior in pvp is going to live forever and be a frontline for your damage dealing chars in the back while trying to occupy as many of the enemies as you can. In 1v1 you probably won't be killing someone who has similar gear to you, but they probably won't be killing you either. Warriors are good, but nobody is going to say "drat that loving op warrior just poo poo all over me" like they might with certain damage dealing classes. This all might change with awakenings when they get the greatsword, I don't know.

If you like the way warriors play, then be the best warrior you can be!

Agreeable Badger fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 24, 2016

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

J posted:

What's the best way to go about building failstacks from 25->35 to attempt duo accessories?

TRY TO UPGRADE YOUR ARMOR :agesilaus:

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

kalstrams posted:

You don't gain karma I don't think. I killed a protected dude multiple times and ended with 300k

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wassbix posted:

You don't gain karma I don't think. I killed a protected dude multiple times and ended with 300k
You did lose karma for killing protected targets prior to Mediah release, so unless they have rendered the system absolutely meaningless with the release of it or one of the subsequent patches, you still do lose karma for killing protected targets.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 24, 2016

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Awakenings announced to be released not soon but in a loving long time for the sake of pvp balance. Lmao.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

CountingWizard posted:

This. Except, anyone really should do it if they're considering BDO. They're cool and fun guys and gals.*

*Disclaimer: Do not gently caress up any form of event items that require certain shapes. Especially boxes. :rip:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hy_C posted:

Awakenings announced to be released not soon but in a loving long time for the sake of pvp balance. Lmao.
http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...t2=&authorName=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hy_C posted:

Who here honestly expects to still be playing at that point?

I mean, we're a fickle bunch at the best of times.