Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Sometimes I feel bad for showing up Pierre's grange with iridium bars, melon cake and THE LEGEND.

But then I remember that most of the poo poo he put on display came from me in the first place. rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

WarpedNaba posted:

Sometimes I feel bad for showing up Pierre's grange with iridium bars, melon cake and THE LEGEND.

But then I remember that most of the poo poo he put on display came from me in the first place. rear end in a top hat.

I never thought about that before but you're right. Man, nobody likes Pierre. I don't even think Pierre likes Pierre.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

ConcernedApe didn't even like Pierre enough to finish coloring his hair.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If Pierre was actually likeable it'd make helping his underdog of a store struggle against the big mean corporate megastore a lot more compelling.

I am getting pretty tired of making trips to skull cave and coming back empty handed because I run out of time and pass out. I really wish that place had an elevator.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Lurdiak posted:

If Pierre was actually likeable it'd make helping his underdog of a store struggle against the big mean corporate megastore a lot more compelling.

I am getting pretty tired of making trips to skull cave and coming back empty handed because I run out of time and pass out. I really wish that place had an elevator.

Get your foraging to Lvl 8. Warp totems are a cheap and easy way to bail on a dungeon and get back home.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

I was annoyed first run when I restored the bus only to find out Pam doesn't do poo poo till past 9am.

Next new game I'm going to blow up the regular cave's FL120 chest so I can repeatedly shortcut into skull cave by 7am in the morning.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Did they change it so passing out in the skull cave empties your inventory or something?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I liked Pierre's "gently caress you" speech to Morris when I completed the community center, but then he tried to shaft me later that year during the Fall festival so gently caress him.

Roro fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 23, 2016

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah passing out in the skull cave only costs you 1000 G's. Not seeing what the problem is.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Any suggestions/advice on how to get a Dwarf Scroll 2? I've gotten at least a dozen 3's!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hoe the mines.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Legs Benedict posted:

Any suggestions/advice on how to get a Dwarf Scroll 2? I've gotten at least a dozen 3's!

You have to do the earlier levels of the mines and dig up the ground. I missed the first dwarf scroll forever and then I just went through the first 20 or so levels again and it popped up.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
concernedape, please buff pierre and make him likable.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Thanks friends I got the scroll

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah passing out in the skull cave only costs you 1000 G's. Not seeing what the problem is.

The problem is I don't actually get any Iridium before running out of time on most trips.

Thor-Stryker posted:

I was annoyed first run when I restored the bus only to find out Pam doesn't do poo poo till past 9am.

Next new game I'm going to blow up the regular cave's FL120 chest so I can repeatedly shortcut into skull cave by 7am in the morning.

Come again?

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 23, 2016

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

unless something changed i think you can only shortcut from mine 120 to the skull cave the one time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I just got a 4 candle rating so I guess I never have to go into that stupid cave again.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Lurdiak posted:

The problem is I don't actually get any Iridium before running out of time on most trips.

3-4 stacks of stone, ~50 bombs, some food, easy peasy.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

concernedape, please buff pierre and make him likable.

I'm kinda curious as to how he reacts when you marry/eternally bone his non-biological daughter.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

WarpedNaba posted:

I'm kinda curious as to how he reacts when you marry/eternally bone his non-biological daughter.

Do you mean now or 1.1? Because for now he doesn't.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Weird, I thought the latest version changed people's reactions to you if you married their relative.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/concernedape/status/734895633866297344

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/734896183727009792

:toot:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

... Hobby rooms for your spouse? Farmhand bunks? A villa for Penny?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Oh god, just when I thought I was free from this game

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Man, Emily is so much more likeable than her dumb daughter. Plus she's probably not still in high school.

WarpedNaba posted:

Weird, I thought the latest version changed people's reactions to you if you married their relative.

I swear Robin and Demetrius mentioned something about Maru not living with them at least once.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Man, Emily is so much more likeable than her dumb daughter. Plus she's probably not still in high school.

I swear Robin and Demetrius mentioned something about Maru not living with them at least once.

If you mean Haley, she is Emily's sister :v:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Daztek posted:

If you mean Haley, she is Emily's sister :v:

Oh, I just assumed she was a "young mom" archetype and that's why she wasn't dateable.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I thought it was because Emily was set on Sandy.

Took me till my third year until I realised that Clint had a thing for her.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

WarpedNaba posted:

I thought it was because Emily was set on Sandy.

Took me till my third year until I realised that Clint had a thing for her.

gently caress clint

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i want to marry Clint

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Screw that where is my Gas Powered Tractor.:argh:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

DropsySufferer posted:

Screw that where is my Gas Powered Tractor.:argh:
Joja probably own the only gas pump in the area so I'd rather power it through parsnips or slime. More eco friendly that way.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
A biodiesel refinery would finally make corn worth planting.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I only power my heavy machinery using Void Essence. Really adds a menacing glow to the engine.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Wait what are we going to make sugar out of? I mean I guess you could just use any generically sweet fruit but it'd be cool to have stuff like sugar cane.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Wait what are we going to make sugar out of? I mean I guess you could just use any generically sweet fruit but it'd be cool to have stuff like sugar cane.

Corn and/or beets.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
Next patch will have city foliage tourists that show up and gawk at plants and trample your fields.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

IPlayVideoGames posted:

Next patch will have city foliage tourists that show up and gawk at plants and trample your fields.

The dog can be used to chase them off your farm. The cat will drop on them from trees.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Roro posted:

The dog can be used to chase them off your farm. The cat will drop on them from trees.
Hey, a house cat has a pretty good chance to take out a commoner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Roro posted:

And that, children, is how I won first place at the fair with my grange display full of human ears.