Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I've had those for a month and they are very useful, if only for the fact that it gives you a bit of an edge so you can survive Grande/Bahamut without having to search for an Athena or buncle in friend summons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Could we get the 2 green potions upgrade in So Awful for the Guild War please? I and I'm sure a lot of other people will kick in more rupies to cover the increased buff costs.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I had 3.70 cents left in paypalbux. Got me some summons :dance:

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

grrarg posted:

Could we get the 2 green potions upgrade in So Awful for the Guild War please? I and I'm sure a lot of other people will kick in more rupies to cover the increased buff costs.
Also the 25% charge upgrade? I'll chuck in rupees after burning co-op for a while.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

As long as people donate I don't see a problem with it, I don't know how much of a buffer the Captain wants to maintain, though.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Screwball will be rockin the 20% drop rate bonus soon. :dance:

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

I've just been going through the story quests mostly so far, when people hit max level I've just been swapping them out for the next highest. Is this really dumb and should I just stick with my strongest team even if they are all level capped ?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Sendo posted:

I've just been going through the story quests mostly so far, when people hit max level I've just been swapping them out for the next highest. Is this really dumb and should I just stick with my strongest team even if they are all level capped ?

That's what I did, I think you're fine with that approach. Story quests shouldn't be too tough, and you're getting extra xp from them and playing them for less energy due to the famitsu event, so it's about as optimal as it gets. Try to do raids when you can too and use up EP, particularly when you're low ranked and getting rank ups (and thus energy refills) more often.

Leveling up characters will unlock fate episodes for them. The first fate ep is fun little story only cutscenes that also give you some crystals for completing, so it'll help you out. They'll level pretty quick, you can keep one strong ringer on the team and rotate in others, and of course you can put the weaker characters (typically rares) into the support slots and just keep rotating them without them typically seeing battle.

Psiwri posted:

Screwball will be rockin the 20% drop rate bonus soon. :dance:

Looking forward to 3 pots almost as much, kind of a gamechanger the next time I'm doing whatever the equivalent of killing lots of kamuis over and over is in the next event.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/otamanchon5697/status/734659449118445568

good.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Aww yeah fire/dark/light unknowns.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

please explain for those of us not in the know.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
i would guess its announcing a repeat of a Tales of event

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Tsurupettan posted:

please explain for those of us not in the know.

There was a tales collab last year before the TGS announcement got the english horde going. Theres a new tales game releasing this year, portrait art from past tales collab in recent magazine granblue ad. Basically screams tales collab is returning , possibly with a 2nd part with more recent characters.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Hell yeah, saved up to do a hundred draw first thing, immediately got the Gun. Do I move on to box 2 right away, or draw some more out of the first box?

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Is this not on the UK app store?

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Can someone give a fast and dirty explanation of how to best handle the current Unite and Fight event? I'm in some lovely pubbie guild that I joined. Should I be dumping all my EP into doing raids for this event or should I keep exploiting the Famitsu event to run tons of Magna raids at 1/2?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Raitzeno posted:

Hell yeah, saved up to do a hundred draw first thing, immediately got the Gun. Do I move on to box 2 right away, or draw some more out of the first box?

you can look up what's left in your box, i probably would though. its 90% xp fodder, and the odds on the recovery stuff are gonna be about the same anyway.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Scoss posted:

Can someone give a fast and dirty explanation of how to best handle the current Unite and Fight event? I'm in some lovely pubbie guild that I joined. Should I be dumping all my EP into doing raids for this event or should I keep exploiting the Famitsu event to run tons of Magna raids at 1/2?

Keep farming magnas if your guild has no chance of breaking past prelims.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I hope Tales of Links get a granblue cross-promo. :ohdear:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I wouldn't say it's completely worthless to grind the guild war event if you can't place in the prelims because I believe you get a significant discount to your potion/gong/drop rate guild boat activation if you at least put some effort into it, ours is at 50% off I think? Ultimately rupees aren't the hardest thing to grind though if you know how to coop for drops.

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope

Potsticker posted:

As long as people donate I don't see a problem with it, I don't know how much of a buffer the Captain wants to maintain, though.

Just enough to cover the bills for a week. Pot, do you want to be captain? I am getting busier at work so my time logging in is getting more and more limited.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Mechayahiko posted:

Just enough to cover the bills for a week. Pot, do you want to be captain? I am getting busier at work so my time logging in is getting more and more limited.

I don't think I've got any less real power as the first officer, so it's not really necessary. But knowing that you're busy I don't mind making decisions like:

I went ahead and bought the potion and the charge rate upgrades since it looked like we got in some new donations. As soon as the old ones run out we'll have those available.

What I'm not sure on is this GW event. Water is the element I'm weakest against and so I can't contribute as much as I'd like. And after this magnafest I'm pretty wiped on berries. That said I can contribute balms during Strike Times if we're doing that this time.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

New Charge Boost is now active. Both our current increased drop rates and charge boost cost 5k rupies each for 3 days, and likely potions will too when that cycles.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I hope Tales of Links get a granblue cross-promo. :ohdear:

Someone mentioned last time the tales collab came around you needed to rank up to 30 in the tales of asteria mobile game for Millia.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Funso Banjo posted:

Is this not on the UK app store?

Ah, ignore me, looks like it just released.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Potsticker posted:

What I'm not sure on is this GW event. Water is the element I'm weakest against and so I can't contribute as much as I'd like. And after this magnafest I'm pretty wiped on berries. That said I can contribute balms during Strike Times if we're doing that this time.

I've got like 300 berries I've just been sitting on, I'll try to throw some into the GW?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Drakes posted:

Someone mentioned last time the tales collab came around you needed to rank up to 30 in the tales of asteria mobile game for Millia.

Nooo that's the wrong mobage.

I'm guessing asteria is theirs while links is BandaiNamco. Darn.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Raitzeno posted:

Move on to the next box, the weapon you chose (gun in this case) is the big prize, and you want as many as you an get. If you get lucky and get it early, all the better to move on to the next box and hopefully keep getting it to uncap it.

If you're grinding like nonstop you might profit more by clearing out each box, but for anyone at all human you're best off moving through boxes, then when you get to box 4 if you've gotten all the weapons you can keep clearing out box 4i f you want then go backwards through the boxes after that.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I had some people ask me if we were going to try the level 90 Nightmare boss this time around and donated some meat chunks towards it. If people are up for it we need 10 Bait Chunks total and I was thinking it'd be during the (American Evening) Strike Time, but I'd like to hear everyone else's thoughts.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Potsticker posted:

I had some people ask me if we were going to try the level 90 Nightmare boss this time around and donated some meat chunks towards it. If people are up for it we need 10 Bait Chunks total and I was thinking it'd be during the (American Evening) Strike Time, but I'd like to hear everyone else's thoughts.

I'm good for taking a shot. Even if I just suck and die I can guarantee a million damage to it before going out.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Don't forget to check your crate for the free 10 draw ticket, it appears in rupee gacha so feel free to draw it immediately. Friend got Lady Grey out of it while most of our guild got moons :v:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
I got Camieux, Ejaeli, which the latter seems kind of cool. Listed on the wiki as S tier for SR Water.

Currently running main character as water and using Petra, SSR Katalina, Altair, and have Narmaya and now Ejaeli in sub.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Thanks for the tip about the Famitsu ticket.

I got Goblin Mage (SR Wind) and Quetzlcoatl. I think I'd have preferred an SSR character but Quetzlcoatl seems cool and boosts two elements that I didn't have any good summon for yet, and I can boot Rosetta out of my Wind teams now perhaps. Should I be pleased with that result?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Quetz is an alright placeholder for a bit until you can get something better, if you get it early before you have appropriate summons then he lets you boost up both elements nicely. Pretty much lets you put off farming Sagittarius for awhile while Vohu Manah you might want to get just for the blind on her summon active.

To be frank even though SSR summons aren't the best for various reasons it's better than 9 Rs and a lovely SR summon.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Can I save that ticket for the Legend Gacha? Does that affect it?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Raitzeno posted:

Can I save that ticket for the Legend Gacha? Does that affect it?

I'm pretty sure any ticket that appears in Rupee/Other is unaffected by legfest.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Anyone know if I'll get my points back if I reset my extended mastery bonuses?

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

The "do you really want to do this idiot?" confirmation screen says you don't.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Oh awesome, thanks for the heads up about the ticket!

A rainbow crystal :stare: Oh, hello Odin.

e: vvv A Good Draw vvv

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rokkinhobo
Nov 4, 2005

Sweet mother of adventure!

nftyw posted:

Don't forget to check your crate for the free 10 draw ticket, it appears in rupee gacha so feel free to draw it immediately. Friend got Lady Grey out of it while most of our guild got moons :v:

Just wanna say thanks so much for the reminder! I would have missed it and I got the Grand Order :sotw:

• Locked thread