Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm really angry about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/tyabann_da/status/726297954525401088

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

idk who got mad about the idea of delta letting the idol characters actually do stuff and be the protags but i hope they've left this forum forever

i remember srice not liking it when it first broadcast because he thought they were just turning macross into symphogear but now i think he just dislikes it in general

i was kind of confused when i started watching it and that was the complaint i'd heard about it because even though the idols are given some kind of ability to fight it's not like they're constantly on the front lines doing ridiculous sword attacks, most of the fighting is still left to the mech pilots because they're fighting people in mechs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

turning macross into symphogear would be an upgrade

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

do i care about hibiki and want her to succeed: yes

do i care about grumpy supposedly androgynous guy, leaf-eat-man, or Guy Who Is The Protagonist of The First Show and want to see them succeed: no

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like hayate because he's a goofy dork who makes his mech dance while he fights and gets beaten up by sealions

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i like hayate because he's a goofy dork who makes his mech dance while he fights and gets beaten up by sealions
yeah he's alright and he's actually splitting screentime with freyja instead of the show being like split into two separate halves that only cross when they wanna do romance drama, so i'm cool with him

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the character i wanted to see succeed the most in the first macross was hayase, i wanted her to succeed in making hikaru quit being a fool

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
she made a whole bunch of sandwiches for their date and he made her waste all of them... smh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

idk who got mad about the idea of delta letting the idol characters actually do stuff and be the protags but i hope they've left this forum forever

I don't don't think Reds posts here anymore, no

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

maybe he saw that delta was actually good and left in shame

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

the character i wanted to see succeed the most in the first macross was hayase, i wanted her to succeed in making hikaru quit being a fool
and she did

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
did reds get weird about that?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

well yeah, that's cause hayase is powerful and macross is good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you can't get weird if you start out weird

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i actually don't remember reds still really posting around that time

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't know why playing akiba's trip is making me want to play senran kagura so much now

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i don't know why playing akiba's trip is making me want to play senran kagura so much now

I think they are very different games, though the senrans are good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Colonel posted:

i actually don't remember reds still really posting around that time

Reds stopped posting in like, February or March I think.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i think i'm glad reds died

i cant really remember

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Stairmaster posted:

i cant really remember

sometimes he was alright, there were occasions where he could be a not fun poster

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

i cant really remember
turn your monitor on first

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

I think they are very different games, though the senrans are good.

they're both xseed games and i'm willing to trust an xseed translation to make up for any weaknesses senran kagura may have

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I miss Reds, much like I miss pretty much anyone who used to post here and doesn't anymore.

Except that one guy who was weird about Jude and medical science.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

senran kagura owns and has no weaknesses

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The gameplay is pretty weak

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Last time I heard there was a schism in the SK thread, did that resolve.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No everyone in the SK thread hates each other and at least one regular poster doesn't even like the games and only posts there to needle people

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i will buy every game xseed releases on steam (when i have the money to do so afterwards)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

No everyone in the SK thread hates each other and at least one regular poster doesn't even like the games and only posts there to needle people

there was a time when i thought dt was ok but no he's actually really loving obsessive about a thing he hates too

i also think it's really loving weird that takoluka is such a lame-o about sk while being a huge fan of hyperdimension neptunia but i guess that's why the nep thread has such a bad op

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

How tragic.

And it started out so promisingly too....

I can't remember if DT is the OP or RK is.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Everyone, where would you like to be kissed? If it’s by a special someone, you will probably think of the lips, but what about the gentle smooch to the forehead? A forehead kiss can show feelings of well wishes and friendship, and tells the other person that you care for them. You often catch forehead kisses in foreign films between family members or lovers.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Cakes av reminded me that I should play more TiTS. I didn't like the gameplay all that much but I think the characters would grab me if I stuck with it a bit longer.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love Carol and wish she was my friend.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I love Carol and wish she was my friend.

This is cute

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Why is there Korean on the third panel.

I guess they're just fooling around with sound effects like they did in yesterday's chapter?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ChubbyThePhat posted:

This is cute

Carol is cute by virtue of being Carol.

She is the cutest.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

avp 2000 is the most stressed out a video game has made me feel i think

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010