Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
But it still did the helicopter flip out thing which I am grateful for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Futaba Anzu posted:

Hey I guess this is a better question for one of the dark souls threads but you brought up a point I was wondering. If I was planning on playing through all three games, is there any point in 100% "finishing" DS1 and 2 if I plan on moving onto 3? As in playing multiple builds and finishing all the post game stuff (if there is any) in each game. I was thinking the multiple builds thing would be a nonissue since if I ever planned on doing a different build I could just do it on the next game.

I'd say play all the DLC for DS 1 and 2, they're really good and have some lore that gets referenced in 3. Beyond that, no need for multiple play through unless you want to.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
"OH JESUS"

"oh its a fat person, I have that reaction too"

Liam on fire right out the gate with chasing dead

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just play the games how you want to play them to be honest? I always thought it was dumb when people tell others that you need to play all 30 older games before you play the hot new one. It would be a shame to get burnt out before you even get to the game you originally wanted to play.

That being said Dark Souls games are probably at their best just taking them at their own pace. You'll be fine if you start with 3 and go to 1 for example. There's no need to force yourself to get every single side quest done perfectly when in the end it's always kind of a small part of the game.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

cmykjester posted:

Just play the games how you want to play them to be honest? I always thought it was dumb when people tell others that you need to play all 30 older games before you play the hot new one. It would be a shame to get burnt out before you even get to the game you originally wanted to play.

That being said Dark Souls games are probably at their best just taking them at their own pace. You'll be fine if you start with 3 and go to 1 for example. There's no need to force yourself to get every single side quest done perfectly when in the end it's always kind of a small part of the game.

but the lore

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Futaba Anzu posted:

but the lore

If you wanna get the callbacks and stuff that are all over 3, it's mostly just 1 you'd need. Like there's some armor sets and stuff from 2 around, a couple red invasion characters, but the story and world significant stuff is nearly all "Oh poo poo, this is X from 1!" really.

Though in general I'd recommend playing the others too because they're just fun games, also Bloodborne is the best Souls game in general in my opinion and that seems to be pretty commonly agreed.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat The Failure

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm enjoying 1 thoroughly, although I'll admit to cheating myself up some souls to bump up my stats a bit, because it doesn't really make the game particularly easier but does make you that little bit less fragile and more agile and generally more fun to run around and play with. It looks like later titles are a bit more fluid, which the first game is lacking somewhat, so there's my excuse. Places like New Londo Ruins are still nerve-shatteringly spooky, such that when I found that guy on the boss-arena sized roof, dressed in boss-like armour and staring dramatically and boss-like into the horizon, I finally snapped from a lack of bonfires and an endless cavalcade of ghosties, screamed "gently caress THIS poo poo!" and butchered him as hard as possible.

My bad. I got his key at any rate.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I really hope something comes out of SCREAMLORDS. :swoon:

EDIT: Welp. Pat hosed up that questline.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 23, 2016

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh wow this new dark souls

yeesh

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Dexie posted:

I really hope something comes out of SCREAMLORDS. :swoon:

They basically described RahXephon

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

A good poster posted:

The PC version's been getting a lot of patches, and the game probably always looked a bit better on PC hardware that's more capable than a Wii U.

You can patch it till the cows come home it's still a zombie shooter that would have been embarrassing in 2004.

What is with the sync on this playthrough? usually if anything the commentary is a little off but now the game sounds are too.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dmitri-9 posted:

You can patch it till the cows come home it's still a zombie shooter that would have been embarrassing in 2004.

What is with the sync on this playthrough? usually if anything the commentary is a little off but now the game sounds are too.

That's not a recording issue

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
This ice dungeon is being very cruel to Liam. Woolie and Matt are doing a good job of keeping the spirits up though, I could listen to them talk about Lucha Underground forever. I want them to do a spoilercast when they all finish season 1.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
God I need to start watching again, I think i'm at episode nine or so and Prince Puma is awesome.

Also Pat. uh. Pat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIHSsyMGf-o&feature=youtu.be

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

why are the tigers howling

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

This is what happens when you consume too many souls Pat!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the threat of an ultimate ninja storm series lp intensifies

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't need another Naruto LP

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Baal posted:

I need a Naruto LP

All the Dattebayos. But not three. That one has a part where you play as Naruto's pregnant mom for nearly an entire hour. And no, of course there's no combat then.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, either do 2 or 4. And the latter is so bombastic that even if it abridges a ton of stuff it'd still probably be amusing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is this because of sleep apnea and he needs a CPAP machine, or is Pat just being extra crazy

I have a feeling I know the answer but I'm gonna ask anyways

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

Is this because of sleep apnea and he needs a CPAP machine, or is Pat just being extra crazy

I have a feeling I know the answer but I'm gonna ask anyways

They've talked about probably needing one (Woolie and him), so I'm going with a) here.

that or he's starting to become the sentient toilet he always deserved to be

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah if they have sleep apnea at their age it's best to start now rather than let it damage their health over the years, sleep apnea is no joke.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah didn't one of the Giant Bomb guys die from complications from that?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

ConanThe3rd posted:

Yeah didn't one of the Giant Bomb guys die from complications from that?

that was the general internet consensus but none of them ever came out and outright said it was caused by that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Good on pat for spending the money to prevent dying from sleep apnea. Woolie is an idiot for having the same problem and not even trying it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah Woolie should really get one too if he has legit sleep apnea, alongside being bad for your heart, sleep apnea can gently caress up your metabolism, blood pressure, etc

Plus it makes you not get a good night's sleep so just changing that up would improve his overall daily life tbh

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

it's hosed up that sleep apnea has taken away the woolie's ability to enjoy breakfast

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
That sucks that two members of the team got something so lovely like sleep apnea :(

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I'm not super surprised, considering their sedentary lifestyles... :smith: It's good to see Pat's seeking treatment, though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, when i went to sleep last night Pat simply had a techno elephant trunk that gave him sexual powers and now its all about how this fairly common disease can cut your life short :smith:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I finally got to watching the Heavy Rain archive. I forgot to factor in that they could kill that person early and totally skip like 2-3 hours of extra cutscenes. That explains how they finished it in one session.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I actually almost wish that Woolie had managed to kill Madison too, that the circle might be complete

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I know Chasing Dead isn't worth the effort, but three whole seconds of audio de-sync is a bit much, and it seems to be getting worse with each episode, like they just chopped up the footage into separate parts without watching it and called it a day. It's getting a little distracting. :(

e: Still funny though. "It's a pleasure to meet you again, Mrs FuckBoivin."

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 24, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Pat is getting murdered by the ROYAL RAT SOLDIAS and it's hilarious.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
real hosed up what happens to pat 8 minutes into DS3 #24

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I know Chasing Dead isn't worth the effort, but three whole seconds of audio de-sync is a bit much, and it seems to be getting worse with each episode, like they just chopped up the footage into separate parts without watching it and called it a day. It's getting a little distracting. :(

e: Still funny though. "It's a pleasure to meet you again, Mrs FuckBoivin."

It gets fixed a bit after the freeze on the loading screen. I think the desync after that is half the editing half the game itself being terrible. But I find it's all worth it, and part of the experience.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
GET INTO THE CUDDLE PUDDLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

the way pat pronounces quelana is actually upsetting me

and he's pronouncing quelaag as Kellogg and I don't know if he's doing it on purpose

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 24, 2016