Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah

Cfn rocsfeather

You can rope me in on that. I hover right on the border of bronze and ultra bronze depending on which character I hated myself enough to play that day. I'm usually a too aggro Laura but I can play Gief, Ryu, Fang, and Vega badly too.

CFN Hugo_is_number1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

You can rope me in on that. I hover right on the border of bronze and ultra bronze depending on which character I hated myself enough to play that day. I'm usually a too aggro Laura but I can play Gief, Ryu, Fang, and Vega badly too.

CFN Hugo_is_number1

wow must suck to have a typo in your account name

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

like pee

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Eat more potatoes, skinny nerds

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Dracula Factory posted:

I loved smash for years growing up, but I went to one tournament and vowed never to go back, now there's some people that would make all of us seem normal.

same

well, at least whenever I go to tournaments the smash players are cordoned in a hazardous containment area far, far away from everyone else

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it's a shame too because competitive smash is really good and fun to play (well, not brawl, but that goes without saying I guess)

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

it's a shame too because competitive smash is really good and fun to play (well, not brawl, but that goes without saying I guess)

The people at my local scene are clean and polite and are mostly young adults with jobs but what's important is there is no shortage of people to play Ryu with.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

John Murdoch posted:

Weekly, semi-organized poo poo-tier sparring lobbies would be cool and good.

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah

Cfn rocsfeather

Intel&Sebastian posted:

CFN Hugo_is_number1

Ok cool. I don't know how CFN works, can you message people on there and poo poo?

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

NecroMonster posted:

Hm, I disagree. I would still rather play SFV than ever even look at a Smash Brothers party game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

smash with items on is fun

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

smash with items on is fun

Smash becomes most fun when you run the disc through a garbage disposal.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Goetta posted:

Ok cool. I don't know how CFN works, can you message people on there and poo poo?

No you have to add people to your 1-way "friends list" and then coordinate with them on another service because it won't tell you when they're online.

Because this is Street Fighter Five.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Jack Trades posted:

Smash becomes most fun when you run the disc through a garbage disposal.

ew who play smash on a disc

cartridge only

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Reiley posted:

The people at my local scene are clean and polite and are mostly young adults with jobs but what's important is there is no shortage of people to play Ryu with.

thats good to hear, it must be nice to actually play comp smash against people

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
100 new posts in this thread to defend animes honor rofl

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
anime is Good

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

HMS Boromir posted:

anime is Good

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Street Fighter Is Anime

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Wezlar posted:

Street Fighter Is Anime

*screaming*

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Wezlar posted:

Street Fighter Is Anime

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
if you dont do things you like or might like (like playing a loving fighting game) because friends might not like it, you don't have friends.
(lol at the if you had a girl friend question and commenting on mays 'boobs')

If when you see cleavage in fighting games you think jerking off instead of ""they didn't block" when you are playing a fighter, thats your issue.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Also they either need to go to sf6 or go back to sf4. Even tournaments that literally amount to a top 8 of 4-5 kens is kinda loving boring to watch, let alone play.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SectumSempra posted:

If when you see cleavage in fighting games you think jerking off instead of ""they didn't block" when you are playing a fighter, thats your issue.

why not do both, just peep all the top anime player's twitters :v:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Goetta posted:

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

No you have to add people to your 1-way "friends list" and then coordinate with them on another service because it won't tell you when they're online.

Because this is Street Fighter Five.

Yeah gotta use the Discord channel.

CFN: TheMarksman btw.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

downloading the revelator demo, it's about time to grind a callus onto my thumb

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NecroMonster posted:

downloading the revelator demo, it's about time to grind a callus onto my thumb

the new style mode is motionless for those times when the supple fingered player wants to lab it up in training but is too lazy to plug in his/her stick.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

My penis was chafed jackin it to prenerf Ramlethal (i do it raw)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All the GG girls are good waifu material

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 13:17 on May 24, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Wezlar posted:

Street Fighter Is Anime

But how would you rank the Street Fighters from most to least anime?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Saint Freak posted:

Ryu at the top and the bottom of the list. Everyone else tied for second.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
alpha 3 at the top and EX at the bottom

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

Skullomania is pretty anime

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Jesus seeing the state of this thread makes me realize what a wet fart SFV is, I just realized I haven't even touched to game for a month and a half. I just seriously haven't been even thinking of the game. Didn't even realize until now. I don't think it's interest in FG's waning because been revisiting old neogeo vidiot fighters and am mad hype for the new KOF. SFV has really good core gameplay as well which makes it even more surprising. I guess capcom just really hosed this one up!!

Now that I think about it with SF4 I would routinely play through arcade mode with fight request on and have a blast. But with SFV i'm mostly dicking around in training mode, don't even touch survival, and practicing BnB's forever waiting for the next match just kind of... makes me want to do something else.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Found a decent SFV tutorial website with lots of guides and helpful videos; maybe Agoat could add it to the OP?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I basically just play SFV on Saturdays in the arcade when they're running a tourney and I go 0-2 because I haven't been playing the game at all outside of that

I just can't be arsed to hop into training mode or online matches. Cammy's execution is easy as poo poo so I don't feel inclined to practice even though I'll still drop them because I don't practice. I keep saying I'll try learning a secondary character or two but ehhhh just don't have the motivation

Instead I just got all the trophies on Bloodborne and I had a few target gift cards so I bought DOOM and that game is pretty fun

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

bhsman posted:

Found a decent SFV tutorial website with lots of guides and helpful videos; maybe Agoat could add it to the OP?

Why do you need a whole website to teach you how to uninstall a game?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Dias posted:

Also token SFV discussion: ...we still have no official confirmation on who is the next DLC character or when it's gonna come out or anything, right?

I bet they released this info like a week ago but no one paid attention or cared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Skipping through all the anime and boobchat just to say: Welcome back, Zerp.