Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i got to the switch in broken age last night. i really enjoyed the first part. already stuck on my first puzzle in the game though. need to know the name of the kids stupid stuffed animal and i cant find it anywhere in the trophy room and the wolf dude was no help and i cant find anything else.

ill probably try again before looking it up but this kind of sucks going from how good the puzzles were in the first part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

a cop posted:

It's really fuckin dumb that there's no $40 version of ps4 overwatch.

Amazon had it on sale for $48 on Saturday, with the added prime discount I got the game for $40 in PS4. Just keep checking around I guess.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Skeezy posted:

Amazon had it on sale for $48 on Saturday, with the added prime discount I got the game for $40 in PS4. Just keep checking around I guess.

it should be 40 msrp and 26 with all those discounts imo.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

turns out overwatch is still good

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Picked up FC4 Gold. Great game so far, would recommend.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

Ride the coat tails of your good friends, that's what I have been doing. I constantly pick Soldier 76 and Tracer which have to be the noobiest characters in the game.

I have no friends

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

There's a goon community for Overwatch now. If you need someone to play with add me: BostonZombie

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Overwatch is a rad as gently caress game y'all.

It's HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH noon.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm suddenly getting what it's like to be someone who has no interest in Dark Souls when a new one comes out

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm suddenly getting what it's like to be someone who has no interest in Dark Souls when a new one comes out

Play Overwatch, you weenie.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I could not be less interested in a game, sorry

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Git Gud.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

gently caress blizzard

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sakurazuka posted:

I could not be less interested in a game, sorry

Keep us updated

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

gently caress blizzard

I agree but then hearthstone got fun and overwatch was good. oh well

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Is there an Overwatch thread? I wasn't interested in it in the slightest until I played the beta and now :toot::toot: all aboard the hype train.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Which goon community should we join for overwatch?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Flint_Paper posted:

Is there an Overwatch thread? I wasn't interested in it in the slightest until I played the beta and now :toot::toot: all aboard the hype train.

It's in the blizzard forum, which is kinda silly even though it's technically a blizzard game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Holy gently caress there is so much boring climbing in UC4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Game looks insanely good though. Along with Hitman, Destiny and DOOM, it kinda sickens me how poorly optimised Fallout 4 was.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Game looks insanely good though. Along with Hitman, Destiny and DOOM, it kinda sickens me how poorly optimised Fallout 4 was.

All new engines, apart from Fallout which is still running on the same old crap they used years ago. I mean just imagine if it used the new Doom engine instead.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Bethesda are lazy fucks

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Bethesda are lazy fucks
Lazy enough to make Doom 4 actually three different games that all behave differently than each other (and only one is any good)?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Overwatch and doom are both terrible

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Holy gently caress there is so much boring climbing in UC4

Actually I thought the shooting was boring and the climbing was fun

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Lazy enough to make Doom 4 actually three different games that all behave differently than each other (and only one is any good)?

A college friend of mine worked on Doom 4 multiplayer and they are like, 100% separate from the Doom Singleplayer team more or less

It's not really lazy or not it's they literally made 2 different games independently

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Overwatch was fun to play in the Beta but I just cant see paying $60 for it.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

Best buy was 38 bucks (48 bucks plus a ten dollar gift certificate) plus a cool metal plate that's now telling everyone in my office that I'm a goddamn nerd

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

It's super polished and has some interesting characters but the loot crates or whatever are incredibly dull unlockables, the maps are pretty bad, and there is way too much running back to the action. Maybe that all will change but no way is that worth $60.

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

My friend sold his Wii U for $80 and I was like dude you could've gotten a lot more for it they ripped you off and he replied "it was worth $80 to me"

:vince:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

MZ posted:

All new engines, apart from Fallout which is still running on the same old crap they used years ago. I mean just imagine if it used the new Doom engine instead.

Same old poo poo engine, same old soundtrack. They may as well have just rereleased Fallout 3 with the 3 crossed out and a 4 instead.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

MZ posted:

This probably isn't an excuse but Bethesda has noted that they persist with the janky TES/Fallout engine because they need something that can pull off the persistent worlds with fine detail, down to constantly remembering the exact position of every little item you've ever left lying around. As awesome as the Uncharted and Doom engines are they're having to work with smaller and more predictable spaces - I can buy them possibly being unable to manage something like Fallout 4.

Like I said it's not really an excuse but I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I don't want to continue being outraged over prices in Australia but EB seriously expects $100 for Overwatch. Good news though, there's a guy selling ~sexy~ fan art on eBay for bargain prices.

What's the latest on mods for Fallout 4? That still happening next month?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nail Rat posted:

Same old poo poo engine, same old soundtrack. They may as well have just rereleased Fallout 3 with the 3 crossed out and a 4 instead.

Nah, FO3 was good.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

ratbert90 posted:

Nah, FO3 was good.

It was okay. FO4 is just bad.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

My friend sold his Wii U for $80 and I was like dude you could've gotten a lot more for it they ripped you off and he replied "it was worth $80 to me"

:vince:

your friend is an idiot, i hope this is a helpful statement

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually you probably can't get much more than $80 for a Wii U.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
With the complaints about the pricing of The Witness, NMS and Overwatch, I really have no idea where goons or gamers in general get their ideas of what games should cost.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

axleblaze posted:

With the complaints about the pricing of The Witness, NMS and Overwatch, I really have no idea where goons or gamers in general get their ideas of what games should cost.

I think the complaints about overwatch are mostly due to the fact that it's $40 on pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I'm sure it only accounts for like half the difference at best, but with PS4 and the Bone, publishers need to pay a licensing fee to Sony and MS for each game disc, so there's that I suppose.

• Locked thread