Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Olpainless posted:

In fact, I'm curious, does the internal affairs department still exist at CCP?

theoretically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Iceland is a pretty small country I'm sure they have internal affairs all the time

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

vyst posted:

Iceland is a pretty small country I'm sure they have internal affairs all the time

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

vyst posted:

No they have an app to make sure they don't accidentally gently caress their cousins.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am at the part where Remedial stepped down and everyone got a bit annoyed and crashed the CCP forums because they said Band of Brothers was cheating again.

In this part of the book Band of Brothers and CCP are sort of dismissing that as silly accusations. I don't understand why they are being so dismissive and flippant when it was proven to have happened before. You sort of lose credibility because of the previous thing.

Im 80% of the way through and I am confident that this will be one of my favourite books. Even if it is about a multi player space game :D

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

VideoGames posted:

I am at the part where Remedial stepped down and everyone got a bit annoyed and crashed the CCP forums because they said Band of Brothers was cheating again.

In this part of the book Band of Brothers and CCP are sort of dismissing that as silly accusations. I don't understand why they are being so dismissive and flippant when it was proven to have happened before. You sort of lose credibility because of the previous thing.

Im 80% of the way through and I am confident that this will be one of my favourite books. Even if it is about a multi player space game :D

Was there anything about the Surprise Titan of 1V-LI2? That's still probably amongst my fondest memories of the game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Olpainless posted:

Was there anything about the Surprise Titan of 1V-LI2? That's still probably amongst my fondest memories of the game.

Oh yes! I just read about that I believe. And the one lost in combat. Good grief.

Now I have just read some Goonswarm propaganda. The stuff that is happening in this game is amazing. I mean its almost like real war between countries!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Pandemic Legion just made its first appearance! :D also opposing Band of Brothers!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
And now Darius Johnson is CEO! He has just ended the hostilities. :O

Good lord. So much of what gets posted in this thread is starting to make sense to me. The names of systems and the significance of them.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
And this is why Internet Spaceships are Serious Business.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Olpainless posted:

And this is why Internet Spaceships are Serious Business.

Which coincidentally is another book due out next month.

With a chapter by renowned head case Endie.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Holy moly did Sir Molle lose three titans altogether?

Pandemic Legion ever so sneakily knocking his titan away with a tiny ship so it could be destroyed is fantastic!

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Pandemic Legion ever so sneakily knocking his titan away with a tiny ship so it could be destroyed is fantastic!

If I remember correctly he's lost 5 in total (including ones after the book ends).

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

There was a great propaganda video from that time frame but it was set private at the start of this war. Which makes me wonder if the person who has it on their channel is one of the ones who left.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

Oodles posted:

Which coincidentally is another book due out next month.

With a chapter by renowned head case Endie.
You mean the one that was released in March? Mittens, Endie and Chribba had essays there.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

VideoGames posted:

Remember all this poo poo happened like TEN YEARS AGO. Its kinda crazy that old grudges still linger!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

VideoGames posted:

And now Darius Johnson is CEO! He has just ended the hostilities. :O

Good lord. So much of what gets posted in this thread is starting to make sense to me. The names of systems and the significance of them.

This history is partially why you see the level of frothy mouthed hate between various factions. For the most part I think we've all mellowed out, but in some quarters it still exists.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

When Chribba isn't being a chill dude, what does he do? Veldnaught all day?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

WhoNeedsAName posted:

If I remember correctly he's lost 5 in total (including ones after the book ends).

Definitely 3 on the same character. He's by a long way the worst titan pilot in the game.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

Drythe posted:

When Chribba isn't being a chill dude, what does he do? Veldnaught all day?
Guess what his essay in the book was about? He runs eve-files, eve-search & eve-offline and is a middleman for supercap sales.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

hirvox posted:

You mean the one that was released in March? Mittens, Endie and Chribba had essays there.

It's out in June in Civilised nations. You colonials got it early.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

hirvox posted:

Guess what his essay in the book was about? He runs eve-files, eve-search & eve-offline and is a middleman for supercap sales.

Man, I've just realised, once XL citadels start staying alive in low-sec, supercap sales scamming is going to be a thing of the past as they'll be able to be contracted or even open marketed.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

hirvox posted:

Huh, I guess all I knew he did was supercap sales and the Veldnaught

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh my word. I have just encountered Tamir Lenk and Harkani!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
"The Mittani sends his regards."

That is incredible!

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

VideoGames posted:

"The Mittani sends his regards."

That is incredible!

do you know who Mittani is in this thread?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

frozenpussy posted:

Of course he does, he IS The Mittani

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Bobby couldn't make it...
'till he went fun-truckin'!

frozenpussy posted:

Everyone knows its Paco. Duh.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

frozenpussy posted:

Does he still actually post here? Because I do not. I thought he might be called The Mittani here too like I use my forum name. But then it has just occurred to me as I type this that a lot of people wouldn't do that.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Does he still actually post here? Because I do not. I thought he might be called The Mittani here too like I use my forum name. But then it has just occurred to me as I type this that a lot of people wouldn't do that.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=63972

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

frozenpussy posted:

Usually he posts as ScreamingLlama.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

VideoGames posted:

we get to chat with him in alliance comms which is cool because I'm a drat fanboy

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I just finished the book! That was exhaustingly good. Please tell me there is another that continues on! I want to know more!

Also it is a shame Pandemic Legion and Goonswarm seem to dislike each other now after all their work to stop Band of Brothers/ZenKoku.

I can safely say that RVCMF will never be one of those grand universe powers. I do not want that sort of stress. I just want to be known as the happiest miner! :D

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

VideoGames posted:

I can safely say that RVCMF will never be one of those grand universe powers. I do not want that sort of stress. I just want to be known as the happiest miner! :D

Literally probably Kim Il-sungs exact words

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

VideoGames posted:

I just finished the book! That was exhaustingly good. Please tell me there is another that continues on! I want to know more!

Also it is a shame Pandemic Legion and Goonswarm seem to dislike each other now after all their work to stop Band of Brothers/ZenKoku.

if you'd like to read a lot more (but in a lot less of an organized fashion), I'd suggest asking someone here for access to the goonfleet wiki

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I am totally in awe of the subterfuge he helped orchestrate!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

if you'd like to read a lot more (but in a lot less of an organized fashion), I'd suggest asking someone here for access to the goonfleet wiki

Isn't the history and politics sections public?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
After reading VG's write-up I really want to buy that book. Oh, that's right: CCP won't go through the extra 15 minutes it takes to enable publishing on the Windows Kindle client. Don't have iOS or Android? Too bad. :argh:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

VideoGames posted:

I am totally in awe of the subterfuge he helped orchestrate!

There's been quite a bit of drama (very recently) surrounding who exactly orchestrated a lot of the subterfuge; The_Mittani has said that he masterminded the whole thing, while Darius JOHNSON, CEO of Goonswarm at the time and Hesiod on these forums, has said that it was more of him, Tamir Lenk, and XTTZ (master of game mechanics) who came up with the plan to disband BOB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

That was The Mittani's first meltdown

• Locked thread