Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

thylacine posted:

If anybody's following along with me rambling about Lucy, the they noticed the Cushing's meds weren't working after the second test, so the vet did some more tests and sadly, she has a big cancer tumor on her liver.

Oh no :( I'm sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

thylacine posted:

Just manage her pain, or pay for like 6-8,000 dollars in surgery, which isn't going to happen and might not do any good.

The same happened to me last year, I'm sorry man, that's the loving worst.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Thanks, I'm for sure going to give her lots of bones, which she missed on after being on a more restrictive diet after her bladder stones episode four or five years ago and make sure she gets lots of attention.

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.

thylacine posted:

If anybody's following along with me rambling about Lucy, the they noticed the Cushing's meds weren't working after the second test, so the vet did some more tests and sadly, she has a big cancer tumor on her liver.

:(

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.
I finally got to see my new puppy! I don't get to take her home for another three weeks, but I've been waiting for her for 8 months already, so I think I'll probably be able to handle it.

Here are some pictures:

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
Adorable. What is the mix?

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

extravadanza posted:

Adorable. What is the mix?

Thanks! Do you mean the parents? They are http://www.cardiped.net/details.php?id=86088 and http://www.cardiped.net/details.php?id=72392 . The mom was really cool and friendly, but I guess that's true for most corgis.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

sunaurus posted:

Here are some pictures:

Jesus Christ, you gotta warn people before you throw that much distilled cuteness at them :magical:.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Hey man... Got any of them snacks?

YAY YOU GOT SNACKS!!

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Welp, Lucy gave up over the weekend, she said she was done and stopped eating at all (we were basically making her different food every day in hopes that she ate something, then she started just throwing it up) or doing much of anything but laying there. I spent a lot of on the floor with her yesterday until it was time for her to go to the vet, even got some kisses.

RIP Lucy.

And here's my sister's goofy corgster mix we're dog sitting as recompense for my sad Lucy stories. She's very sneaky and always looking for a chance to chase a bunny down the street or sneak in some food. We don't know what she's mixed with but she seems mostly Corgi with some floppy ears.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Sorry for your loss. Such small creatures can leave huge holes in our hearts.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Thanks Goonies, she was sweet!

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Corgi moods!

Happy Thor:

Cranky Thor:

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Happy Panda:

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

I think he just kissed me through the monitor :3:

Side question: Do anyone else's corgis like to shove their tongues into every facial orifice and roto-root them? Thor is very serious about that.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

Whenever I nuzzle Panda, she likes to try to stick her tongue in my ear. She'll also try to stick her tongue in your mouth if you're not careful.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

I Might Be Adam posted:

Whenever I nuzzle Panda, she likes to try to stick her tongue in my ear. She'll also try to stick her tongue in your mouth if you're not careful.

Arya has a special move my wife and I refer to as the "suction cup". She licks your face till you close your mouth then goes for nose licks, invariably you will breath in with your nose while corg tongue is being applied.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Mr.Citrus posted:

Arya has a special move my wife and I refer to as the "suction cup". She licks your face till you close your mouth then goes for nose licks, invariably you will breath in with your nose while corg tongue is being applied.

This is exactly what Thor does. After he's done with our ears.

ArtificialSweetener
Jul 16, 2007
It's just not the same...
Finally have my very own corgi puppy!

Pic from the breeder:

We went with the oh so original name of Blue since he has a single blue eye.

He's so awesome and affectionate.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Hope you guys have been well. Took my guys to the Westpark park a few weeks ago and there was an impromptu corgi gathering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggCQf9OCZ9E

that puppy was hilarious

Also, we found out that Fitz really likes water and Igby still doesn't.

A.s.P.
Jun 29, 2006

They're just a bunch of shapes. Don't read too deeply into it.
Adorable!! I still don't know if my little one can swim. Might go to the dog beach today and find out. :3:

I may have missed this but what kind of dog is the brown fluffy one?

Also congrats Artificial Sweetener! I hope you don't mind, I screencapped that first puppy photo and sent it to all of my friends!

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

Sir Tonk posted:

Hope you guys have been well. Took my guys to the Westpark park a few weeks ago and there was an impromptu corgi gathering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggCQf9OCZ9E

that puppy was hilarious

Also, we found out that Fitz really likes water and Igby still doesn't.

I love those random corgi gatherings. We moved a few years ago and are now directly across Westpark from the dog park. I don't take panda there as often as I should because I think she has more fun just going out to my parents' house. We should do another meetup before the semester starts again.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Tegan and I met a corgi living just down the road from us... But it's horridly obsese and attacked Tegan instantly, so that friendship isn't looking likely.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

A.s.P. posted:

I may have missed this but what kind of dog is the brown fluffy one?

If you're talking this one:

He likes to hide under the bed

and watch cars drive by

That's Fitzgerald, got him a couple of years ago and he's a corgi mix of some sort. A chow chow rescue place in town had him for some reason.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
So we just got our water sprinklers fixed at our house. My Sam, like most all corgis loves to attack water. This was an opportunity I could not pass up recording.

http://i.imgur.com/u9PeaPe.mp4

http://imgur.com/gallery/ftAIb

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

So... does anyone else have a Corgi that enjoys looking at the TV?

She'll fall asleep if she's watching it with one of us, though:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

I am jealous of this one. My baby hates cuddling. Only time she does that is when I come home, or if you're lucky, she'll sleep against you at night if you don't move much.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

hendersa posted:

So... does anyone else have a Corgi that enjoys looking at the TV?

Thor does, and then he gets really mad when someone rings a doorbell.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
This was posted in PYF. Corgi/??? crossbreed.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

Hobold posted:

I am jealous of this one. My baby hates cuddling. Only time she does that is when I come home, or if you're lucky, she'll sleep against you at night if you don't move much.

I think the trick is to start them young. That dog has been held close since the day we brought her home:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Cythereal posted:

This was posted in PYF. Corgi/??? crossbreed.

That's somehow both terrifying and adorable.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

Today was Panda's 4th Birthday. She got treats and a purple dinosaur.

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

I've had my puppy for a bit over a month now, and her first ear finally went up this morning!

We were even getting ready to tape her, because up until yesterday, both her ears looked like this:

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Quick question about corgi ears:

A few days after her first ear went up, the second one went up aswell. However, the first ear has kind of folded back down again, and isn't showing any signs of coming back up. Is this normal or should I be worried about it?

This is what it looks like now

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

You might want to talk to your breeder to see if they think your little Corg is on the right timeline for ears coming up. One way to help them stand up if they start getting floppy is to give puppy a Tums once a day/every couple days. Since they are often losing puppy teeth around the same time as their ears should start perking they might be low in calcium, leading to floppy ears.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

sunaurus posted:

Quick question about corgi ears:

A few days after her first ear went up, the second one went up aswell. However, the first ear has kind of folded back down again, and isn't showing any signs of coming back up. Is this normal or should I be worried about it?

This is what it looks like now

:3:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

matureaudiencesonly posted:

You might want to talk to your breeder to see if they think your little Corg is on the right timeline for ears coming up. One way to help them stand up if they start getting floppy is to give puppy a Tums once a day/every couple days. Since they are often losing puppy teeth around the same time as their ears should start perking they might be low in calcium, leading to floppy ears.

I think my breeder recommended yogurt but my corg's ears never fell down so I never got to test it.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

ArtificialSweetener posted:

Finally have my very own corgi puppy!

Pic from the breeder:

We went with the oh so original name of Blue since he has a single blue eye.

He's so awesome and affectionate.

*in my best liquid snake voice* Brother!

abaddonis fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Lafayette comes home on the 20th. Very excited to watch him grow and learn and ruin my house.

Here he is meeting his older sister, Leia:

We've never seen or heard of a blue Pembroke before, but the parents were black Tricolors. Apparently this is a "defect", but I am in love with his smokey coloring. He was a pretty laid back pup for a Corgi and gurgle-howled a couple times. :kimchi:

The Halogens fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Aug 10, 2016

• Locked thread