Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.

A few pages back, but this is :perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

K now explain the extremely high correlation between lift kits, ram bars, and driving like an inconsiderate rear end in a top hat.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

flashman posted:

my condolences on the micro penis, friend

But my micro penis has nothing to do with- HEYYY!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I thought it was a pretty good and informative post. Thank you for writing it Gorau

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Yeah I thought it was a good post too but when I see one of these trucks I'm still going to make a joke to my friends about the size of the owner's dick, sorry.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Pick-up trucks already cause more fatalities (to the other driver) in collisions without lift kits and bars. They should require a different license as a result.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
But then how am I supposed to haul big tough loads???

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Beep beep beep said the little blue truck

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Trees and Squids posted:

But then how am I supposed to haul big tough loads???

Go rent a 26' beast from uhaul with just your regular driver's license like a real city person

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Heavy neutrino posted:

Yeah I thought it was a good post too but when I see one of these trucks I'm still going to make a joke to my friends about the size of the owner's dick, sorry.

The coal-rolling aggressive assholes are still open to ridicule, I think Gorau was just pointing out that there are valid reasons to have a moderately lifted truck. This is no way means that most of the lifted trucks you see in downtown Calgary, for example, are needed for doing work in remote locations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

And certainly none of them in urban Quebec.

Besides, it's an equipment ticket. Show up to court, plead guilty with an explanation, bring proof that you fixed it and more proof that you were kind of busy what with your house burning down at all, and the JP will decide she has better things to do with her day and throw you out.

Canadian journalism: Compensating for our inherent boringness by filling pages with nothing.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Elbow-Gate has caused Mulcair to drop to 9% support

Jesus Mulcair. We gave you a gift, how did you gently caress it up this badly?

Anywyas, in other news, this weekend is both LPC and CPC convention. Which one will you drunk hate watch?

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

flakeloaf posted:

bring proof that you fixed it

Hahahahah. I doubt he kept the original equipment. This would be a few grand to fix, bare minimum. I mean you could spend a couple grand just to get the tires flush with the fenders, and that won't fix the lift.

e: Also, I doubt those headlights are DOT approved. Likely "offroad use only", like the LED lightbar under the grill.

Tan Dumplord fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 24, 2016

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
L

quote:

LRT delayed until early 2018 due to Bombardier train delays

M

quote:

The Region of Waterloo has confirmed that the start of the Ion LRT service will be delayed until early 2018, due to delays in car production at the Bombardier plant.

Documents presented to the Region of Waterloo Planning and Works Committee show the first trains will not arrive until December 2016, with the final cars delayed until October 2017.

A

quote:

Once cars arrive in the region, they must be put through safety tests and a required 600-kilometer burn-in period, which will delay the service start-up until early 2018.

"The Region is extremely disappointed with Bombardier and their inability to meet their own original and revised schedule and production timelines," said a memorandum to the committee Tuesday.

The document also said the region was reviewing its legal options "to recover any damages from Bombardier."

This is the second delay in train car production by Bombardier. An earlier delay had the train cars arriving in October, two months later than initially expected, with the final rail cars arriving in May 2017 – four months behind the original schedule.

O

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/lrt-delayed-until-early-2018-due-to-bombardier-train-delays-1.3597328

Canadian manufacturing at work, friends.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Ha ha gently caress bombardier.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Gord Downie has terminal brain cancer, what's the status of physician-assisted suicide presently?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bombardier is a goddamn joke.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren.

Hand Knit posted:

I think it's the sort of thing that is potentially good but can also easily fall off into pointless (or even counterproductive) symbolism. A sort of brief self-flagellation for the ruling class that excuses them from having to do anything else. Like, giving thanks for the land is standard in Australia and, well, they don't seem to have reined in either structural or attitudinal problems. At all.

Meaningless self-flagellation with the added bonus of implying that the Crown's sovereignty over Canada is somehow in doubt, which is just utter nonsense.

bunnyofdoom posted:

On its current trajectory, the NDP will elect Brian Topp as leader, and he will proceed to lose his own seat in 2019.

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Majuju posted:

Gord Downie has terminal brain cancer, what's the status of physician-assisted suicide presently?

Until June 6, illegal. If the government doesn't pass new legislation before then, :getin:

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

I recall seeing these trains in action in Melbourne with a proud "built in Victoria" sticker on them so I looked up if they had any delays.

quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-class_Melbourne_tram
A seven-month delay in delivery was announced in August 2012, with Bombardier stating that design complexity had slowed down construction, and the E-class would be operating from July 2013, and the last delivered in 2018.

So how does that compare? Canadian workers vs Australians. Sounds like a 9 month delay?

Femtosecond fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 24, 2016

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

bunnyofdoom posted:

Anywyas, in other news, this weekend is both LPC and CPC convention. Which one will you drunk hate watch?

It warms the cockles of my heart to see the NDP so drastically misjudge what Canadians actually want from their politicians.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

tagesschau posted:

Meaningless self-flagellation with the added bonus of implying that the Crown's sovereignty over Canada is somehow in doubt, which is just utter nonsense.

Recognizing that the moral grounds for Canadian sovereignty are more than kinda tenuous is one of the virtues!

Majuju posted:

gord...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They are touring tho and then after he can kill himself.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

quote:

Asked who they would prefer as PM, Trudeau was the choice of 53.8% of Canadians while Ambrose came in at 15.6%, Mulcair at 9.0%, May at 3.6% and 16.7% were unsure.

Am I mistaken or did Trudeau's support go up as a result of #elbowgate...

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

CLAM DOWN posted:

Am I mistaken or did Trudeau's support go up as a result of #elbowgate...

It sure did, we in the Anyone But Liberals camp are very upset.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Half of Canadians describe Mulcair as having "the qualities of a good leader" but nobody actually wants him to be in charge. There's a lesson there for the NDP assuming anybody in the party cares to listen.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Majuju posted:

Fully completely legal, you just have to convince a judge you're tired as gently caress

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Truckchat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIn0B-7m49c

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Helsing posted:

Half of Canadians describe Mulcair as having "the qualities of a good leader" but nobody actually wants him to be in charge. There's a lesson there for the NDP assuming anybody in the party cares to listen.

That people are dumb as poo poo?

Mulcair doesn't have any real leadership qualities. He does an alright angry guy yelling from the peanut gallery.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Yellow Ant posted:

Ban lift kits across all provinces and territories. Problem solved!

They really don't seem safe (to other drivers).

I agree 100%. One of my first posts on the Something Awful Dot Com Forums was bitching about lifted trucks and their stupid lighting setups, which, unfortunately, have only gotten worse since LEDs were introduced to the automotive world.

I mean I get that some people modify their vehicles to work better off road but 99% of them seem to do it just to make themselves feel better.

Picnic Princess posted:

It's because "trucks are tough and make me look manly", everyone who owns one either grew up in fuckin Hanna or Okotoks or Cheadle and had nothing better to do than dream about driving some jacked F350 through the streets at night, or moved here from Newfoundland and needs to fit into the stereotype

Yes, among certain demographics the lifted luxury HD truck is very much a status symbol. Some of the drivers of same also seem to treat the roads as though they were part of an arms race and so make it very dangerous for sedan drivers such as myself. We are left with nothing but confidence in our obviously massive endowments and good fuel economy as a consolation.

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 24, 2016

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Apparently closing arguments have wrapped up in the de Grood trial and the judge is expected to deliver the decision tomorrow. The crown has evidently conceded that NCR is the proper verdict, so it would be a massive surprise to see anything but an NCR verdict.

I'm still curious to see what the determination will be on high-risk offender status and, of course, the sentence (do NCR defendants get sentenced in the traditional fashion, or is it different?).

Also: what are the odds that comment sections relating to this story will make we want to weep for humanity?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

War gives the right to the conquerors to impose any condition they please upon the vanquished.
Look at how many people itt got mad hate because all the chicks in highschool didnt get turned on by their nissan micra-penis.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Are kids having vehicles in highschool a thing in Canada?

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

PT6A posted:

Apparently closing arguments have wrapped up in the de Grood trial and the judge is expected to deliver the decision tomorrow. The crown has evidently conceded that NCR is the proper verdict, so it would be a massive surprise to see anything but an NCR verdict.

I'm still curious to see what the determination will be on high-risk offender status and, of course, the sentence (do NCR defendants get sentenced in the traditional fashion, or is it different?).

Also: what are the odds that comment sections relating to this story will make we want to weep for humanity?

I was just going to post this.

Yes, when the Crown failed to present any psychiatric evidence or bring a psychiatrist of its own, this was all but decided. In the past, they would surely have tried harder to see the man imprisoned, but I don't think the current strategy is wrong. Mr. de Grood killed five and gave a friend of mine what is probably PTSD, but the nature of his condition has most assuredly trapped him in a prison and a punishment far crueler than any civilized nation would devise.

I think that the prosecutor put it very well: "Everybody's a loser in this particular case."

And yes, I expect the comments will be tragic.

ZShakespeare posted:

Look at how many people itt got mad hate because all the chicks in highschool didnt get turned on by their nissan micra-penis.

Nonsense! My ride in high school was forty feet long, eight feet wide and had a massive diesel engine. The fact that it belonged to Calgary Transit is neither here nor there.

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 24, 2016

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

Are kids having vehicles in highschool a thing in Canada?

Yes? Where the gently caress did you grow up?

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Ooooh sentencing chat

quote:

Ontario’s top court has put the province’s judges on notice: they must always take into account an Aboriginal person’s heritage at sentencing, even if the individual only found out about their background later in life.

The Court of Appeal ruled last week that an Oshawa judge erred in concluding that there was no link between Andrew Kreko’s Aboriginal heritage and the gun-related offences to which he pleaded guilty in 2013.

Ontario Court Justice David Stone said that a more likely connection would be Kreko’s “hip-hop affiliations.” He sentenced the then 24-year-old Toronto man, who was adopted by a non-Aboriginal couple as a toddler, to 13 years in prison in 2014.

Writing for a unanimous three-judge appeal court panel, Justice Gladys Pardu said that the case law is clear: a person does not have to establish a “causal link” between their Aboriginal heritage and the offences they’ve committed. The court reduced Kreko’s sentence to 9 years.

Kreko’s crimes related to a robbery at gunpoint in an Ajax LCBO parking lot of Jason Gomes. When Gomes drove after Kreko, he was shot in the scalp but was not seriously injured, while Kreko also shot himself in the leg, causing serious injury, Pardu wrote.

In a letter sent to the Court of Appeal, Stone justified his decision by highlighting the fact that Kreko was adopted at a very young age and “was raised as a white child in Ajax.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/05/24/court-erred-in-sentencing-aboriginal-man-court-of-appeal-rules.html

Y'all can just bookmark this for next time somebody says jail is for rehabilitation, not punishment.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
hahahah ok social justice warriors defend this

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
CanPol: hip-hop affiliations

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

War gives the right to the conquerors to impose any condition they please upon the vanquished.
it's like bizzaro-affluenza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

jm20 posted:

CanPol: hip-hop affiliations

Is there a non-racist interpretation of that... whatever that is?

e: yeah yeah white folks make hip-hop music too, I make an okay bulgogi but nobody's going to have some and go "Mmmm Canadian food"

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 24, 2016