Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Problem is that although Hugo Boss and Mercedes love the pink £pound, openly gay F1 driver isn't something that Jay Zee and Pharell could market very well.

no, he's exactly the kind of thing they'd eat up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

wicka posted:

if lewis were the first openly gay world champion he would be famous and marketable beyond his wildest dreams. for that reason alone i cannot believe that's the thing he'd get a "super injunction" for.

So what do you think he would get one for (not being antagonistic)

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

djssniper posted:

So what do you think he would get one for (not being antagonistic)

Having sex with a Kardashian.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

it would be something phenomenally stupid, like catching him using a hair product he doesn't endorse

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
He's too Christian to be comfortable being gay

mutagen
Dec 18, 2009

JFairfax posted:

He's too Christian to be comfortable being gay

Hence the Super Injunction.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Lewis unusually quiet on snapchat except for a single, solitary update

I hope there's no actual drama going on around him taking part at Monaco, mostly because I'd quite like to see the snap's he'll (maybe) be taking of the area :v:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hey Lewis

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

learnincurve posted:

Problem is that although Hugo Boss and Mercedes love the pink £pound, openly gay F1 driver isn't something that Jay Zee and Pharell could market very well.

Drake is marketable as a gay rapper. Im sure lewis would be ok

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I want more of this:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Halo14 posted:

I want more of this:

And happy Vettel :)

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Well, yes. Lewis being benched because he got into a fight in a club over a gay sex tape someone has of him with his "security guard" friend would be a beautiful thing.

So either you're clutching desperately at straws trying to hype up a tabloid story that has about as much credibility as your CV when you claim you got more than 3 GCSE's, or you're stopped-clock-correct and therefore coming into the thread trying to tell people they shouldn't like Lewis Hamilton any more because he's gay. Of all the people in this thread that I actively disagree with you're the only one whose posting I can't stand. Can you just gently caress off?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Ppl in this thread cant stop talking about Hamilton, maybe its because they are gay and they want to have gay sex with him i bet. Not me though.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Well this is .. cryptic.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
No one cares if Hamilton is gay or not. It's 2016.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

krushgroove posted:

No one cares if Hamilton is gay or not. It's 2016.

Everyone cares

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

El Hefe posted:

Everyone cares

I dont care because i'll be watching the ADAC Zurich Nürburgring Nordschleife 24 instead this weekend.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

track day bro! posted:

Ppl in this thread cant stop talking about Hamilton, maybe its because they are gay and they want to have gay sex with him i bet. Not me though.

Not me either. You'll find me snuggling with Are Nando.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

track day bro! posted:

I dont care because i'll be watching the ADAC Zurich Nürburgring Nordschleife 24 instead this weekend.

You'll have plenty of time to catch up on all the hot gay Lewis news on Monday! See you then!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

track day bro! posted:

This weekend I'll be doing back to back kart races and almost certainly finishing last as I'm the HRT of karting.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

This weekend I'll be doing back to back kart races and almost certainly finishing last as I'm the HRT of karting.
You are this threads Are Max the First

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

1500quidporsche posted:

Are we going to get some video of this. I had some of last weeks trackday but it just has several slow warmup laps in the wet and then mostly a shot of b-pillar because the go pro I borrowed had a crappy mount.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I can post some practice video when I can mount it on the side bumper unfortunately the FIA approved mounting point creates a ridiculous amount of vibration, I looked at the last race video and wasn't very good. Might be able to get a gif out of me flying off the corner after the straight trying to take it full throttle.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I went go-karting in Portugal a couple of weeks ago, a nice out door circuit about 1100m long. 390CC Go-Karts, no fire suit, just a helmet, no safety video or any bullshit, just straight out for a warm up, qualifying and then a 25 min race.

I had been up late the night before drinking hard, including quite a few shots of the grappa-like moonshine that they love in Portugal.

After about 10 minutes of the race itself I had to slow down and not push hard because I thought I was going to throw up in my helmet.

fun times.

still less embarrassing than Jedit at the goon karting though.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to be doing something similar in Tenerife in a few weeks. Cant wait for one of my mates to push me into a tyre wall.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

JFairfax posted:

still less embarrassing than Jedit at the goon karting though.

Goon karting was great. I remember finishing my qualifying lap and thinking "That's got to be top 5" and then being 15th out of 30 or whatever, 3+ seconds off the pace. Does anyone still have the paper slip from that?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
F1 2016: He's a Haasman

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Don't think so but goon karting was a blast

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
what was goon kartling and will there be more?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Lewis can't be a gay stoner, it's too relatable

Do you think F1 will have an openly gay driver before or after an openly female one?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

JFairfax posted:

After about 10 minutes of the race itself I had to slow down and not push hard because I thought I was going to throw up in my helmet.

fun times.

I've been at it just over a year now and it really does becomes a battle driving those things past ten minutes, especially in the heat.

I'm completely out of my depth since they put a minimum age on the higher weight class so I'm now racing guys 5-10 years younger than me that have been doing this their whole lives.

What's the story with Jedit and goon karting?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Pirelli think the new ultra soft will be a viable race tyre for monaco and the teams seem to have picked quite a lot of them. In case of late safety car break glass or does it last longer than predicted?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

How often does Monaco get re-paved? I thought street circuits were normally pretty rough on tires.

e: Sochi doesn't count, for anything really

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

Pirelli think the new ultra soft will be a viable race tyre for monaco and the teams seem to have picked quite a lot of them. In case of late safety car break glass or does it last longer than predicted?

I think Pirelli heavily implied that it was a "Monaco" tire when it was first announced, so not that suprising. They said something to the effect of "We only expect to see it on some street circuits"

A bespoke Monaco tire could actually make the race interesting.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'd like to see a tyre that's not so punishing with the flat spots, degrade normally lap by lap but not punish drivers for trying daring overtakes. It was somewhat ridiculous that Ricciado's tyre punished him by exploding a few laps after his one serious overtaking attempt, had he been successful then it still would have gone bang, but instead of a pit stop gap between him and the guy behind he would have had Seb right on his gearbox which is the wrong kind of exiting imo.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
It's pathetic to see this thread spreading the rumors of the european media against Our Lewis The British Stud, world champion of F1 and having sex with women

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Monaco is poo poo.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

1500quidporsche posted:

What's the story with Jedit and goon karting?

It might have helped if I'd sat in a kart before.

Anyway, it was a moot point. Just as I was getting the hang of moving the thing without pulling a bootlegger every ten yards, my wrist started to feel weak and I had to pull out before I lost what control I had. Turns out I have hyperextended tendons in my left wrist and I'd overstressed them.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

poty posted:

It's pathetic to see this thread spreading the rumors of the european media against Our Lewis The British Stud, world champion of F1 and having sex with women

They want a part of that sweet, sweet #redjet #blessed action, but are lewis is all patriarchy, all the time baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
This raises an interesting question though: is Mercedes sabotaging Lewis because he's British or because he's British and they think he might be gay???

• Locked thread