Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

xilni posted:

We're referring to this book right?

Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

xilni posted:

Ok, not the worst thing that's been posted in this tread, where is this from?

It says it in the picture.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Landsknecht posted:

After MAX2/H-W the NC basically came to the conclusion that their blob could beat anything, so they just focused on building up the blob.

This meant that their idiotic D-Team (which was a lot of ex-Atlas/AAA and ex-pets of those groups) were suddenly living in Geminate and Vale, and wanting space. They started pushing into the drone regions thinking that MM/Razor would bail them out when push came to shove, but when that moment happened the russians+PL came out on top.

This is also the point where GSF and the other north-western sov holders really start redefining themselves as DekCo/CFC rather than getting dragged into a position where they're shoving their cocks into the Russian meatgrinder for the benefit of Mostly Harmless and OWN Alliance.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Helicon One posted:

This is also the point where GSF and the other north-western sov holders really start redefining themselves as DekCo/CFC rather than getting dragged into a position of shoving their cocks into the Russian meatgrinder.

Just before the whole debacle with the NC the CFC had gone and smacked IT around a lot in fountain and secured CR from evZEROke, so if the NC had actually succeeded against the russians eve would've been extremely different.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

Landsknecht posted:

if the NC had actually succeeded against the russians

lol

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

YouTuber posted:

The "goons won eve" line is pretty hollow since pl had broken up every coalition during 2010-2010

Who's gonna bust up PL's coalition

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Orange Red Bull posted:

RVCMF

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I do not envy that corp leader!!!

Oh...

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Orange Red Bull posted:

Groon.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Orange Red Bull posted:

Shamis will found a new alliance that forswears all sov activities and instead just roams around in elite vaga gangs.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Thanks for all the quality stories on the last few pages, really interesting read for a newbie who knows almost nothing about the history of the game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

nex posted:

Thanks for all the quality stories on the last few pages, really interesting read for a newbie who knows almost nothing about the history of the game.

Please read the book! I am still a newbie, but now a newbie with new information!

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

evilweasel posted:

They gave us both systems, but N-T didn't have a station at the time. We dropped the N-T station ourselves and had both.

i still own the oldest goon corp in the game, gooncorp :getin:

when i finally launch my revolution i'll be the trugooniest goon of all

I'm surprised the name doesn't reference tree farms in some form.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Ordered a hard cover copy, reading the preview and VG's reports made me realize it would be a great thing to have on hand when my friends ask me about what one earth happens in this game. The author seems to have made it fairly approachable from an outsider perspective which has been difficult for me to do in conversation.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I have the hard cover as a display piece in my living room

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
I'm going to need to order a coffee table to go with all these nice table pieces!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Olpainless posted:

I'm surprised the name doesn't reference tree farms in some form.

i just bought it off a guy I was never actually in it, I started playing a year or two after all the other SMACX people, who then all quit shortly after I started playing :argh:

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 18:15 on May 24, 2016

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Orange Red Bull posted:

Being Allied to MoA is a continuous dice roll. When it hits snake eyes the table gets flipped over. All it takes is for MoA to stay being MoA.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

evilweasel posted:

i just bought it off a guy I was never actually in it, I started playing a year or two after all the other SMACX people, who then all quit shortly after I started playing :argh:

If I could get control of BigMek Industries I would do that so hard

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

YouTuber posted:

Being Allied to MoA is a continuous dice roll. When it hits snake eyes the table gets flipped over. All it takes is for MoA to stay being MoA.

I think MOA cares more about losses and elite PVP than PL does, which is pretty funny

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

YouTuber posted:

I mean, if you murdered them tomorrow it's not like your fleets would suffer any or ours would be noticeably improved even if they joined us.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Landsknecht posted:

If I could get control of BigMek Industries I would do that so hard

They all quit a long time ago, those dudes all worked together.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

evilweasel posted:

I mean, if you murdered them tomorrow it's not like your fleets would suffer any or ours would be noticeably improved even if they joined us.

We had a mutual reset with XIX and then third-partied them less than 24 hours later/

Third-partying MOA vs CFC would be great.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I must admit, I would absolutely love to see the destroyed Titan belonging to Ascent. The one that got smashed by mistake. Are there still remnants floating and visible?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Took Rock out for a jaunt today :D

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
This is much more recent than the books entail, but you could always try visiting The Titanomachy in B-R5RB, which I believe still has the remnants of the titans that were lost there.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Yikes, -0.6 security. I think I would get splattered.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Yikes, -0.6 security. I think I would get splattered.

So, who's gonna start a tourist fleet for VG?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I'm actually very tempted to just try to get there and see what happens along the way. It's 38 jumps and if I take Rock, maybe we'll die and maybe not.

If we do, at least it will be in the pursuit of chill exploratory viewing! :D

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i haven't been there to confirm this for myself, but system C9N-CC should have a landmark for the first destroyed player Titan (which went by the name of Steve, in case it was mentioned in that book, VG)

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I'm actually very tempted to just try to get there and see what happens along the way. It's 38 jumps and if I take Rock, maybe we'll die and maybe not.

things are pretty calm once you are past the highsec/lowsec/nullsec borders

:edit:
things are pretty *generally* pretty calm
I would hate for you to take Rock out and for you to lose him because of my bad advice :ohdear:

Lack of Gravitas fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 24, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lack of Gravitas posted:

i haven't been there to confirm this for myself, but system C9N-CC should have a landmark for the first destroyed player Titan (which went by the name of Steve, in case it was mentioned in that book, VG)

It was yes!! Steve the Titan is the one I'd love to go visit! I'll see if that is nearer or less dangerous! Just writing a bulletin first :)

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

VideoGames posted:

You should start training the skills needed to fly Interceptors. They are small frigate spaceships that fly incredibly fast and have the special ability to ignore warp disruption bubbles. When fit properly, they are essentially uncatchable taxis that let you travel around with impunity. This makes traveling much safer and you can essentially go anywhere you like without worrying about getting killed.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

It was yes!! Steve the Titan is the one I'd love to go visit! I'll see if that is nearer or less dangerous! Just writing a bulletin first :)

Please don't take Rock on that trip :ohdear:

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

The ASCN Titan wreck is pretty much in the middle of nowhere but it's a moderately low-risk trip in a fast frigate since that part of Eve is pretty quiet.

Training cloaking and Covert Ops skills would be a good idea if you're planning on making a habit of lowsec/0.0 sightseeing trips.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Go on SiSi (the test server Singularity) and see it there. That's the safest way to sightsee without having to worry about other players shooting you as much.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

I think MOA cares more about losses and elite PVP than PL does, which is pretty funny

They dont even have anyone to impress anymore since their benefactor rage-quit eve for black desert online

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
isnt bdo another pvp game

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

isnt bdo another pvp game

theres pvp in it but its just another generic mmo filled with koreaboos

Adbot