Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

PleasureKevin posted:

the year is 2029. hackers in mainland china have been selling bugged Ara modules for years. the modules, which of course all had access to other parts of the phones, sat dormant collecting finger print images of their owners, periodically commandeering the antenna to send the valuable biometric data to servers overseas. 2 months ago a rogue member of the group, or possibly one of it's clients, leaked the petabytes of data onto the net. security technicians scrambled to cross reference the data with their databases, they didn't want any of the leaked biometric data being used to gain access to their systems. within days, millions of employees were unable to enter their own workplaces, and legacy security systems had to be taken out of storage for use again.

most modern work places now have two entrances: ones for employees with compromised biometric data, and ones for those with "pure bios". the compromised entrance uses RF keys in combination with OTP codes sent to them remotely over 5G connection to their phones. pure bios scan their thumb as normal. as you'd expect, the pure bios line moves a lot more smoothly than the compromised one. some have taken to calling them the "android" and "iPhone" doors, since no iPhone users were compromised.

with the follow-up of yet more leaks from more compromised modules and devices, those with pure bios are an increasingly valuable commodity in military and high-tech sectors. the debate has started over whether those with compromised bios are a protected class that employers can or cannot discriminate against when hiring, as compromised individuals find it harder and harder to find good paying jobs.

Very little pleasure in this post, Kevin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

maniacdevnull posted:

A totally normal use case and very reasonable

lots of people talk spanglish or some other multi-language variety.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Mr. Nice! posted:

lots of people talk spanglish or some other multi-language variety.

Belter scum.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
my city speak keyboard es bueno, 馬鹿s.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

maniacdevnull posted:

i'm a finn and while i'm posting in english right now, i often also type finnish :iiam:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Wheany posted:

i'm a finn and while i'm posting in english right now, i often also type finnish :iiam:

perkele

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

THE ARA EVERYBODY

:bravo:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

finally a use for my cargo jort side pocket

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

that pocket has always been for the 6/6s plus and you know it

ufarn
May 30, 2009
literally a legophone

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i get this poo poo all the loving time

i miss old maps

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

one way ticket to grabtown

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

maniacdevnull posted:

it is actually fairly normal for people that speak more than 1 language, yes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
Google doesn't automatically translate using correct syntax the epic combo of spanglish, memes, and inside jokewords like Chome and PossyNossy i use with my friends, fail much? It also doesn't autocorrect with correct syntax the custom distro of double dutch and vowel shift cipher i contrived with my twin brother, EPIC fail much? Sundar is a loving idiot. Gas these Gailures.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

smdh if you ever use anything but american english just smdh

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Smythe posted:

Google doesn't automatically translate using correct syntax the epic combo of spanglish, memes, and inside jokewords like Chome and PossyNossy i use with my friends, fail much? It also doesn't autocorrect with correct syntax the custom distro of double dutch and vowel shift cipher i contrived with my twin brother, EPIC fail much? Sundar is a loving idiot. Gas these Gailures.

what's "possynossy"?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

prefect posted:

what's "possynossy"?

The new meme, Brother.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Smythe are you excited for the next Nexus? Because i am.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
theres a new nexus? i figured they would have got it right by now

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

maniacdevnull posted:

Smythe are you excited for the next Nexus? Because i am.

I have the 6P which is suiting my needs epically. I could do for a new Nexus 7 tho.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
I'd also like a Surface knockoff Chromebook.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i have a nexus 6 (not 6p) that lastjob gave me

its laggy garbage (big surprise) but ill likely still wait a year or two before buying a new phone

if i were getting a phone today it'd probably be a stebe edition

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Progressive JPEG posted:

if i were getting a phone today it'd probably be a stebe edition

its the best phone ever, i love it

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Smythe posted:

I'd also like a Surface knockoff Chromebook.
May I interest you in a CLOUDbook

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I hope it's a Nexus 4X.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
why would you waste a year of your life with a bad phone?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Cardboard Box A posted:

May I interest you in a CLOUDbook

no you may not

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Smythe posted:

Yet swiftkey manages it just fine even without google's decade of experience in natural language processing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sweet a second screen for my phone! i can't wait to get this module that won't be supported by literally anything!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

sweet a second screen for my phone! i can't wait to get this module that won't be supported by literally anything!

the second screen is for all the sick hardware specs and temps and the current barometric pressure

the first screen is for your anime wifu and clocks

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
phone shows 133MHz forever

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

france found the google goldmine
https://twitter.com/anticorruption/status/735091143042535424

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

Mr Dog posted:

oh

i met my wife at a friend's wedding

:fry:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
project ara was finally revealed as a laundering scheme

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
im worried that cremnob didnt post about it do you guys know if hes ok

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

poty posted:

im worried that cremnob didnt post about it do you guys know if hes ok

he can no longer post in yospos

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
and thank god for that

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i cant believe lowtax gave in just because google threatened they would pull the ads from their networks. sad!

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
:smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad::smugdon::sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

The Management posted:

he can no longer post in yospos

wait, seriously?

• Locked thread