Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Everyone seems to also be ignoring that Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont) has tentatively left the show.

but khaleesis ordered him to find a cure, its so romantic and hes going to come back and it will be so great and epic, have you no heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I wonder how greyscale is going to play into things now. It looked Jorah was going to take Jon Con's place as the carrier who brings it to Westeros, but now?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Junkenstein posted:

I wonder how greyscale is going to play into things now. It looked Jorah was going to take Jon Con's place as the carrier who brings it to Westeros, but now?

maybe he goes home to bear island and spreads it that way?

nah, given they keep calling him "jorah the andal" instead of mormont im pretty sure the showrunners have forgotten bear island exists or where jorah came from.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Junkenstein posted:

I think they set him up with it so they could write him off. They probably gave it to him so he'd sacrifice himself for love but there wasn't a good opportunity for such a big character death. Kill off all the side characters you want but you have to make a big deal for the Season 1 Episode 1 characters.

My money's on him going to Braavos to die in the House of Black and White.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

MrSlam posted:

I think they set him up with it so they could write him off. They probably gave it to him so he'd sacrifice himself for love but there wasn't a good opportunity for such a big character death. Kill off all the side characters you want but you have to make a big deal for the Season 1 Episode 1 characters.

My money's on him going to Braavos to die in the House of Black and White.

Yes! The Faceless Men get his face, Arya wears it and kills Daenerys. If that's how that poo poo works, I dunno.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The Mormonts got mentioned as a stop on Jon Snows Dead and Loving it tour.

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
Didn't Stannis send for maesters from Asshai or some poo poo to get Shireen's to stop spreading?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The Mormonts got mentioned as a stop on Jon Snows Dead and Loving it tour.

In that case he'll be on Bear Island in the next episode

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm looking forward to the Jon Snow shaking hands montage as they wrap up all the small houses joining him in like 5 minutes.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Everyone seems to also be ignoring that Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont) has tentatively left the show.

Did the actor himself actually leave and that's what is happening as far as the plot is concerned? I hope not. I think that greyscale is one of those mysteries that GRRM actually has an idea and a plan about and I'd like to see what the answer is even if I never get to read it. I was hoping that his leaving might allow us to see something like Old Volantis or that he might travel to Old Town for help or travel to the far east. I guess that scenes with Jorah alone walking around looking for a cure might not be so interesting so maybe he'll just pop back in at the end of the season, announce his cure, give the secret, and then sacrifice himself.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

maybe he goes home to bear island and spreads it that way?

nah, given they keep calling him "jorah the andal" instead of mormont im pretty sure the showrunners have forgotten bear island exists or where jorah came from.

Considering House Mormont is one of the ones named when Sansa's talking about recruiting the smaller houses in the north...

Gonna be really awkward when Jon and Sansa go to recruit them if/when they recognize Longclaw, assuming they weren't informed already that it was given to Jon and why.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Sansa chastising Littlefinger about Ramsay was the most amateurishly written scene in the show's history, but Sophie Turner's acting was great in spite of it (such a trooper) so it's pretty much a wash. The episode's ending was as ridiculous as it was epic, time traveling mind control is always a great plot device in genre fiction and Bran Stark is the Antichrist. All in all very much worth the twenty-year wait since Hodor was first introduced on the page.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Greyscale

Grey ask ale

Gary, ask for more ale

That is, Bran fucks up Gary Targaryen through some bad ale, causes this disease in another one of his goofy time-flexible vision quests.

Dunno who Gary Targaryen is though.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

less laughter posted:

Sansa chastising Littlefinger about Ramsay was the most amateurishly written scene in the show's history, but Sophie Turner's acting was great in spite of it (such a trooper) so it's pretty much a wash. The episode's ending was as ridiculous as it was epic, time traveling mind control is always a great plot device in genre fiction and Bran Stark is the Antichrist. All in all very much worth the twenty-year wait since Hodor was first introduced on the page.

"What did you think was going to happen?"
"That you were going to have sex with a person who puts flayed bodies on flags? What do you want from me?"

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 24, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like how it looks like the entire ironborn population deserts with Yara leaving euron with two dozen thugs on a beach, and his immediate plan is to build a fleet of a thousand ships on a tree-less island like he's loving agamemnon

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Jorah is obviously gonna get Victarion's fire hand.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I loved the line "if you didnt knew who Ramsay was, you are an idiot. if you knew, you are my enemy" cause I remember using this exact argument against someone in the other thread that was defending that LF didint knew that Ramsay was a crazy psycho

Actually that whole scene was almost like the show writers were apologizing in screen for Sansa (and the audience) for the absurd bullshit that this plot was

Among all the crap they changed and messed up, Sansa marrying Ramsay was for me the absolute worst one

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 24, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So should we start the derail in the TV thread that when she said "I can still feel what he did inside of me" that she is implying that she's pregnant?

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Absolutely

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Someone with out a Wild Cards tag should do it in the spoiler free thread then. They still don't trust us.:mad:

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Obviously he'll go to Oldtown in search of a cure, as the Maesters are his best bet. There he will meet Gilly, who can pass on his father's message to join the Watch.

They didn't do that in the show, did they...

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

How does one get a Wild Card tag? I'm a summer child.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

MrSlam posted:

How does one get a Wild Card tag? I'm a summer child.
Post in the bad thread circa 2008.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Elias_Maluco posted:

Actually that whole scene was almost like the show writers were apologizing in screen for Sansa (and the audience) for the absurd bullshit that this plot was

Among all the crap they changed and messed up, Sansa marrying Ramsay was for me the absolute worst one

I got that sense as well.

I think that Sansa marrying Ramsey was horrible and I am sorry that a character had to go through it but there are many characters who go through horrible things they don't deserve on the show. Maybe there will be a grand master plan that Littlefinger unveils but right now the lack of a clear motive for his actions are what make me feel they messed up. He gives Ramsey Sansa, cannot be sure she will be safe, and then later goes to war to protect her now that she has escaped? What does he gain? Nothing from Ramsey. Nothing from Sansa. Maybe a motive to go to war? Littlefinger's motivations in the book are not clear, either so who knows.

I think that she is pregnant, too.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Then lose it somehow when you change your avatar and get told you can't have it back. Maybe we can get a new wave of them from one of our new found mod friends?! Eh!

also you can just stick this: https://i.somethingawful.com/images/wildcards.png with the img tags in your quote thingy....forgot what it's called

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 24, 2016

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Maybe there will be a grand master plan that Littlefinger unveils but right now the lack of a clear motive for his actions are what make me feel they messed up. He gives Ramsey Sansa, cannot be sure she will be safe, and then later goes to war to protect her now that she has escaped? What does he gain? Nothing from Ramsey. Nothing from Sansa. Maybe a motive to go to war? Littlefinger's motivations in the book are not clear, either so who knows.

Exactly. Except if they can come up with some really clever machinations to explain why (and I doubt they will), its completely gratuitous and the only reason I can think for this is that they wanted to shock the audience with some gruesome rape of a likable character.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Solice Kirsk posted:

So should we start the derail in the TV thread that when she said "I can still feel what he did inside of me" that she is implying that she's pregnant?

Just tried that on another forum and the idiots there are all "that's would be soooo GoT"...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I figured that Littlefinger gave her to the Boltons because it would solidify the North's alliance with the Southron kingdoms, letting Baelish operate like he used to playing everyone against each other. Without the Starks for legitimacy the North could easily spiral into a new war with the south andohgodwhyamIdefendingthisshit?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's had a few bites in the spoiler thread, but I'd probably be probated again if I posted it in the unsullied thread.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Arcsquad12 posted:

I figured that Littlefinger gave her to the Boltons because it would solidify the North's alliance with the Southron kingdoms, letting Baelish operate like he used to playing everyone against each other. Without the Starks for legitimacy the North could easily spiral into a new war with the south andohgodwhyamIdefendingthisshit?

The only houses supporting the Boltons are doing it out of hate for the Starks anyway

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Why do they keep namedropping the Manderleys and not have them show up? I want an entire scene next episode where Fat Manderley shows up at Ramsay's doorstep with a big tray of pies.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
Jorah can't disappear until he licks some honey out of Daenerys' hair. Or whatever it is that song was trying to imply.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

You can just add gang tags in a custom title with img tags.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

IRQ posted:

You can just add gang tags in a custom title with img tags.
yeah if you're some kind of poser

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Just go back in time and warg into a glistening hodor

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Hodor could have been Dunk reborn had it not been for Bran melting his mind, dude was over 7 feet tall, as strong as an ox and hung like stallion, Bran basically deprived this man from the possibility of becoming a goddamn rockstar. Bran is a oval office.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

He's totally dunk's descendant.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I just finished The Game of Thrones. How the gently caress is it still not winter? From the very beginning they keep saying, "it's going to be winter soon", and the book ends like a year later, and they're all like, "seriously, any day now. It's almost winter."

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Instead it ends with a 14 year old girl lactating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

It's okay. You're with friends now.