Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the unabonger
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

sid is a good person worthy of love but goddamn that chicken gently caress

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

it looks at once dry and overdone but ready to shoot salmonella into your eyeballs

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
maybe Sid likes raw chicken and it's ill effects...

:colbert:

joke_explainer

Bo-Pepper posted:

it looks like a chicken spaceship farting out garbage for propulsion

Bo-Pepper posted:

it looks at once dry and overdone but ready to shoot salmonella into your eyeballs

Yeah. I was baffled nobody had commented on it.

Recipe: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/05/butterflied-roasted-chicken-with-quick-jus-recipe.html

And the reasons behind it:
http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/05/how-to-roast-a-chicken-butterflied-tips.html

This is like a foolproof way to roast a chicken. You use kitchen shears to cut the spine out, then break the breastbone and spread it out, called butterflying or spatchcocking. I think we actually covered this way back when.

It looks like maybe he took the skin off the chicken entirely before roasting it?? Don't do that! Even if you don't want to eat the skin, it's like critical to the roasting process. Anyway, follow these steps and you get a golden, crispy-skinned bird with perfectly done legs and breasts in a way that is very difficult to do with the bird just being a big ball of meat like normal.

OnFire

http://goonswithspoons.com/Steak_Tartare

Will post pictures later

treasure bear

:D

treasure bear

i did forget the cashews though :(

Robot Made of Meat

Looks tasty!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Slugnoid

step 1, put pork rashers on barbeque
step 2, eat the pork

treasure bear

yum porc

treasure bear

here's my latest roast dinner

shinmai

CHK Instruction
oh poo poo your post had me literally salivating on the train and im p sure the woman sitting across from me thought i was a horrible creeper

SIDS Vicious

that chicken looks good lol

treasure bear

i rub it with a small amount of rapeseed oil, course salt a little pepper and paprika and roast for about 1h 20-30 at gas mark 5 depending on size then leave to rest for a bit before carving it's usually pretty moist, i think using a gas oven helps with that

the roast potatos are peeled, chopped and boiled for about 15 minutes till they go soft in water with a bit of salt, i drain them in a colander and bash them around a bit to roughen up the surface which makes them nice and crispy. then i put them on a baking tray and pour a little rapeseed on top of them and put them in the oven for about 45-50 mins

treasure bear

rapeseed oil is also known as canola oil , you can get it quite cheap in the uk as crisp n dry oil

it's also relatively healthy

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

treasure bear posted:

here's my latest roast dinner

Jesus that looks delicious
your meals are incredibly photogenic

Slugnoid

what are the two pastry looking things on the top left, I thought they were potatoes at first but they look hollow?

treasure bear

HighwireAct posted:

Jesus that looks delicious
your meals are incredibly photogenic

thank you

Slugnoid posted:

what are the two pastry looking things on the top left, I thought they were potatoes at first but they look hollow?

yorkshire puddings

treasure bear

joke_explainer

I went camping for 3 days recently in a foreign country!

Nothing too fancy with the meals, but I do really enjoy cooking out in the middle of nowhere. We had a few cans of tuna and gluten free bread (friend is celiac), so made tuna melts with dijonaisse, nando's peri-peri sauce, and cheese.

Other meals were less complicated, like chili from a can heated up and with hot sauce and goat sausage added.

Lots of good food memories, but one I really liked were these all you can eat bowls of lamb stew:

at this place:

It was pretty good.

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

joke_explainer posted:

Nothing too fancy with the meals, but I do really enjoy cooking out in the middle of nowhere. We had a few cans of tuna and gluten free bread (friend is celiac), so made tuna melts with dijonaisse, nando's peri-peri sauce, and cheese.

Other meals were less complicated, like chili from a can heated up and with hot sauce and goat sausage added.

Lots of good food memories, but one I really liked were these all you can eat bowls of lamb stew:

at this place:

It was pretty good.

Looks delicious, and those waterfalls are gorgeous! Which country were you in?

joke_explainer

HighwireAct posted:

Looks delicious, and those waterfalls are gorgeous! Which country were you in?

Iceland! I will do a whole post with a some of the pics later but just was going over my photos and saw some food memories and figured I'd post them.

King of Bees
Skirt steak for tacos.

1. Get mortar and pestle
2. Mash with some olive oil into a semi paste:
Bunch cilantro
Four good size garlic cloves
Two jalapeños
Half an i guess tennis ball sized onion
3. Lay out your meat and apply some salt pepper and cumin
4. Spread your paste on the meat
5. Roll your meat
6. Put in Ziploc bag, but don't seal it yet you're not done!
7. Add juice of one orange
8. Add juice of three limes
9. Now seal the bag as tight as you can
10. Marinate for no longer than an hour
11. Fire grill while marinating or you can use a broiler too
12. Take meat from bag, scrape the stuff off but if some stays it's fine
13. Grill the meat to medium rare, let rest, chop for tacos

Tacos:
Corn tortilla browned
Guac if you want
Meat
Cilantro
Onion
Queso fresco

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

sounds good. hmm let me try this ... oh my god I marinated that steak for one hour and one minute RUN

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

King of Bees posted:

Skirt steak for tacos.

1. Get mortar and pestle
2. Mash with some olive oil into a semi paste:
Bunch cilantro
Four good size garlic cloves
Two jalapeños
Half an i guess tennis ball sized onion
3. Lay out your meat and apply some salt pepper and cumin
4. Spread your paste on the meat
5. Roll your meat
6. Put in Ziploc bag, but don't seal it yet you're not done!
7. Add juice of one orange
8. Add juice of three limes
9. Now seal the bag as tight as you can
10. Marinate for no longer than an hour
11. Fire grill while marinating or you can use a broiler too
12. Take meat from bag, scrape the stuff off but if some stays it's fine
13. Grill the meat to medium rare, let rest, chop for tacos

Tacos:
Corn tortilla browned
Guac if you want
Meat
Cilantro
Onion
Queso fresco

Definitely gonna be trying this one o boy

King of Bees

Bo-Pepper posted:

sounds good. hmm let me try this ... oh my god I marinated that steak for one hour and one minute RUN

:argh: I was specific!

King of Bees
I hope you yobbers try and enjoy this recipe.

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

I hate cooking but this is real tasty

I should've made more spinach because I put some aside to take to work for lunch tomorrow

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Renegret posted:

I hate cooking but this is real tasty

I should've made more spinach because I put some aside to take to work for lunch tomorrow

man this is making me v hungry right now

Strawberry Jam
oneof my greatest joys in life is washing and cutting up a ton of leafy greens n putting them in a pan and watching them shrink

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Strawberry Jam posted:

oneof my greatest joys in life is washing and cutting up a ton of leafy greens n putting them in a pan and watching them shrink

I remember the first time I watched my mom steam baby spinach as a child. I made such a big deal because she put the whole bag in there and that it was too much because she couldn't get the cover on.

Personally, I just throw it in a hot pan with some garlic, oil, and whatever drippings are leftover from whatever I just cooked before that. Faster, easier, tastes better.

Strawberry Jam
i make a meal regularly that needs a giant bunch of rabe that I cook w/ oil & red pepper flakes that comes out pretty nice

----------------

King of Bees

Renegret posted:

I remember the first time I watched my mom steam baby spinach as a child. I made such a big deal because she put the whole bag in there and that it was too much because she couldn't get the cover on.

Personally, I just throw it in a hot pan with some garlic, oil, and whatever drippings are leftover from whatever I just cooked before that. Faster, easier, tastes better.

I love filling a whole huge pot with collard and my wife is like "no, it's too much omg. I'm divorcing you." And it makes like two servings and she has apologize love with me.

Matoi Ryuko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Jzl_bx3fI

the unabonger

joke_explainer posted:

at this place:

It was pretty good.

this looks rad as hell

poverty goat

im pretty good at bread now

this is whole wheat sourdough raisin bread (not sour at all, but naturally leavened w/ my sourdough starter). I've made this one before and maybe posted it but this one was the best yet! It really sprung in the oven and the crust is perfect.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 25, 2016

shinmai

CHK Instruction
I'll say! Those are beautiful!

joke_explainer

drat, nice work on the bread! I hope any of my advice helped. Those are beautiful loaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was eating at Chopsticks Chinese Cuisine with my mother yesterday. We must've just missed the lunch hour because the place was empty and both doors were wide open. The woman behind the counter (Let's call her: "P") has been working there for 24 years now. P immediately greeted us. P stated that the food has no MSG. P handed us menus and was curious on what we would order. I ordered the pan fried noodles with pulled bbq pork instead of having it with beef. Mother doesn't like to eat too much food (no matter how many times I encourage her to eat more food) so she ordered 2 egg rolls. P liked that I chose pulled pork. P gave the order to the chefs. Mother and I took our seats. P was going back and forth between working and talking to us.

P told us the restaurant is open from 11am to 9pm 7 days a week. P advised we come in at 1pm if we don't wanna wait in the rush hour. P talked about the long time customers that were coming in and out. Mother's egg rolls arrived and she wanted me to try a bite (I found refusing to be rude). Never really had tasted one before, it was good. P. brought me my panned friend noodles. I opened the to go box and a cloud of warm steam went into my face as I took a big whiff. drat, it smelled so delicious. Not as delicious as it tasted. The noodles are crispy but become soft when the sauce is added. The pork was to die for. the mushrooms were nice.The veggies were: broccoli, slices of: carrots, onions, a little cabbage or lettuce bits, zucchini, and a vegetable that I can't identify. P the door I was facing out of courtesy while expressing that she didn't want my food to get cold from the wind.

I found fortunes are a little corny and ironic.

I had 4 $20 bills and 4 singles so I went to the counter and declared I was tipping. She took the money out of he jar and quietly explained to me why but I forget. :ssh:

Overall great place with good food, good vibes, and fair as heck prices.

To any locals of San Diego reading this, it's in the Target/Outback Steak House Shopping center in Rancho Bernardo off Pomerado Road. Chopsticks Chinese Cuisine is to the left of Target. Not directly left of Target. Just walk or cruse down the left side for like 30 seconds, you can't miss it.

Menu Side A:
Menu Side B:

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 25, 2016

----------------