Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
So can we go back to being the CFC and saying we are bad at this game? what kind of empire has no space.

Going back to DekCo would also be funny and also timely.

Torpor fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I am trying a different method of getting down there. It's not simple.

ALSO I am now in a shuttle called Dust :)

My first excursion into Null was me taking a Stabber into the Wild Lands just to see how far I could get. After 20+ jumps I ended in a gate camp I couldn't run through.

Wait, I actually did run through, I was just stupid enough to turn back and try fighting the assault frigate following me. That didn't turn out as well as I had hoped

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Libluini posted:

My first excursion into Null was me taking a Stabber into the Wild Lands just to see how far I could get. After 20+ jumps I ended in a gate camp I couldn't run through.

Wait, I actually did run through, I was just stupid enough to turn back and try fighting the assault frigate following me. That didn't turn out as well as I had hoped

Well I've finally got a course that avoids HEP9! It's 48 jumps from where I currently am, but man, seeing a whole fleet of wrecked Titans will be worth it.

I absolutely love the fact that I can look at the star map and see all these names and know about what happened there :D

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Landsknecht posted:

This period was a mix of goons ascendant and supercaps online, and there are a lot of cool stories. Big events I can think of, in (the maybe correct) order:

1. Karttoon
2. CR (failure)
3. Crashing on TCFs couch in DKUK
4. MAX 2 (fails in H-W)
5. Heading down south (smacking Atlas pets around with some ex-TCF Section XIII)
6. Taking Dek over from TCF
7. Smacking ev0ke out of CR
8. Beating IT out of fountain, this leads to IT cascading and delve becoming a FFA
9. VFK by may (hint: not a good idea)
10. The north is now full of people who don't like GSF
11. GSF kinda hides for a few months
12. White Noise. loses branch to the CFC
13. The great reconquista; the CFC takes branch, tenal, tribute, and vale
14. poo poo starts to go down with Test
15. Fountain war

Between 13 and 14 is conquering the south with PL and TEST. What a weird time, 2012 summer

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dust sends her greetings! :D

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
What's the over/under on Dust dying on the 30th. :v:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

dialhforhero posted:

What's the over/under on Dust dying on the 30th. :v:

edit: dust lmao

Very low, the game is running at a profit of 20m a year now for CCP while they twiddle their thumbs with a declining userbase they brought upon themselves.

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 24, 2016

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Goatman Sacks posted:

Ah, are they actually going to get their replacement online this time?

They onlined a mobile depot in that spot to block us, but there's another goon tower online now.

And yeah , it was the tower on grid full of our backup cyno ships. Gotta have spares.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I decided to park up for the evening before traversing into space lower than 0.5.
It will be my first foray and I'm too tired this evening to go further. I have had fun heading through new systems though! And I have a ton of bookmarks :D

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

frozenpussy posted:

[no explanation]

That reminds me.....I need to go feed the kids.

Now where did they run off to this time?

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

VideoGames posted:

I decided to park up for the evening before traversing into space lower than 0.5.
It will be my first foray and I'm too tired this evening to go further. I have had fun heading through new systems though! And I have a ton of bookmarks :D

How long have you been playing Eve? You're probably smarter than I am. When I first started I got my exploration skills high enough and immediately took off into WH space. I made lots of ISK and survived for a long time. Long enough to get my skills high enough and make enough ISK to buy a sweet T2 exploration ship. Which was promptly destroyed within days. This game was not harsh enough toward me in the beginning. I got tricked by rng.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Landsknecht posted:

HED-GP is probably the most camped 0.0 system? Maybe ec- as well? Although ec- has the side access through saranen/93pi

If you plan to properly camp you sit in SV5(the next system down the pipe) If you want to let boatloads of stuff get away you sit in HED.

The locals started anchoring mobiles warning people off of our ISBAD camp. So we promptly blew it up and put our own up

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

VideoGames posted:

Well OK then! Thank you all, I am about to try visiting B-R5RB to see a wrecked Titan in my ship Ore!

Wish me luck! :D

Don't forget the Eve Gate. Take a hooker and a GSC and anchor it out there with the rest of the thousand cans.

Also there's.......

Malkalen (wrecked station)
Seyllin system (shattered planet)

And the third one is the POS with all the graves floating around it. I can't remember which system it is in. Quit laggy though.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Torpor posted:

So can we go back to being the CFC and saying we are bad at this game? what kind of empire has no space.

Going back to DekCo would also be funny and also timely.

There is a Goon alliance that still holds sov :smug:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

YouTuber posted:

If you plan to properly camp you sit in SV5(the next system down the pipe) If you want to let boatloads of stuff get away you sit in HED.

The locals started anchoring mobiles warning people off of our ISBAD camp. So we promptly blew it up and put our own up

o7 m8, fly safe. FYI the ISBAD ticker is still available if any of you guys need an alt Corp, I considered it for a while but I'm holding out CCP will eventually read mine to free up a special vanity Corp.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

jm20 posted:

o7 m8, fly safe. FYI the ISBAD ticker is still available if any of you guys need an alt Corp, I considered it for a while but I'm holding out CCP will eventually read mine to free up a special vanity Corp.

Someone can certainly make an alt corp with the ISBAD ticker but I outright don't care. Creating a corp for it is a level of engagement I have no intention of getting involved with. I'm pretty :effort: about the whole thing.

Edit: Just look at what my guys get up to when I'm gone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-R9HYOKAx8

YouTuber fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 25, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

tazjin posted:

whats groon got to do with it

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

uncle spero posted:

Everyone knows its Paco. Duh.

This thread has been really good today. This particularly made me chuckle so thanks.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Orange Red Bull posted:

Who's gonna bust up PL's coalition

PL no doubt.

This isn't a coalition seeded in any real permanence other than necessity for numbers at the start of the invasion- we can shoot each other without any big drama, and plenty of people have started doing their own thing again- so more fights for us.

VideoGames posted:

If you want to explore the red unknown of drone space (where B-R is) I strongly suggest ditching the shuttle in favor of any ship with a MWD, gates being bubbled for 100km in all directions is a common thing out there and that's a really, really long way to slowboat in a shuttle. I'd also suggest a cloak if you can fit one, so if you jump into a camped bubble you can activate your MWD then immediately activate your cloak to drift out of the bubble mostly safe. It'll probably take a few practice tries to get it right, but it's a useful thing to know.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 25, 2016

dvision
Jun 14, 2005

Xolve posted:

If you want to explore the red unknown of drone space (where B-R is) I strongly suggest ditching the shuttle in favor of any ship with a MWD, gates being bubbled for 100km in all directions is a common thing out there and that's a really, really long way to slowboat in a shuttle. I'd also suggest a cloak if you can fit one, so if you jump into a camped bubble you can activate your MWD then immediately activate your cloak to drift out of the bubble mostly safe. It'll probably take a few practice tries to get it right, but it's a useful thing to know.

Train into an Interceptor that insta aligns and fly gate to gate through all of nullsec with never a worry about being stopped.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Endie posted:

That makes sense. I loved that time: 2010 until the victory in Fountain in 2013 was the journey from our perigee to our apogee.

Now we get to do it all over again! :v:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

tazjin posted:

yep

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Also it is a shame Pandemic Legion and Goonswarm seem to dislike each other now after all their work to stop Band of Brothers/ZenKoku.

The short version of why this happens is that, for many years, people who left Goonwaffe/GSF in a huff over some stupid drama poo poo fall into 1 of 3 categories. They either quit playing eve. Or they join some random other corp. Or they join PL.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

CainFortea posted:

The short version of why this happens is that, for many years, people who left Goonwaffe/GSF in a huff over some stupid drama poo poo fall into 1 of 3 categories. They either quit playing eve. Or they join some random other corp. Or they join PL.

as opposed to what exactly?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

What was that bit you said about MOA taking single systems in Pure Blind a few months ago?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

VideoGames posted:

Oh yes! I just read about that I believe. And the one lost in combat. Good grief.

Now I have just read some Goonswarm propaganda. The stuff that is happening in this game is amazing. I mean its almost like real war between countries!

May I recommend that you check on youtube for Goonswarm propaganda for those days? Those were awesome and what drew me to the game in the first place.

Here's a few that I remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h4kXapno_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB-3G9Qpc_4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLFbuMILmnI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xyR7tX9BGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYgpNLEbpYM

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

fuckin quebecois

Calisse de tabarnaque d'osti de criss.

(proper way to swear at a Quebecois)

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Xolve posted:

What was that bit you said about MOA taking single systems in Pure Blind a few months ago?

Gobbins posted:

So everything I've planned came true

I do hope you guys are giving proper credit.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

VideoGames posted:

Yet More Yekti!

Pride in Parud!

The Throne Worlds (Maybe my favourite system name yet!!)

I love the orangeyness of this space! :D Orange is my favourite colour.

27 jumps to go!

I think you would love cloud ring. I didn't travel everywhere in EVE, but I think that visually, cloud ring is one of the nicest region of space.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
that retard gob acting like he did a god drat thing except ponzi scheme better recruiters than himself

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dalael posted:

Calisse de tabarnaque d'osti de criss.

(proper way to swear at a Quebecois)

Osti crisse de tabarnak osti calisse de viarge

Handy song to put overtop videos of bad things happening to Candians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sTGNy6FgQs

YouTuber fucked around with this message at 05:34 on May 25, 2016

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

As opposed to what do you mean? I mean that PL is a very common location for people to go to when they flounce out of GSF.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

YouTuber posted:

Osti crisse de tabarnak osti calisse de viarge

Handy song to put overtop videos of bad things happening to Candians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sTGNy6FgQs

Are you from Quebec by any chance? I would never have thought someone would put up a Laurent Paquin video up in the eve thread. Awesome :)

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

As opposed to saying hey, guys, I learned and experienced everything I came here for, and for the time being I think I'd like to experience ___________. Hopefully y'all will have me back in the future.

It's possible to be chill and refrain from narrative posting, or at least I like to think so.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

frozenpussy posted:

As opposed to saying hey, guys, I learned and experienced everything I came here for, and for the time being I think I'd like to experience ___________. Hopefully y'all will have me back in the future.

It's possible to be chill and refrain from narrative posting, or at least I like to think so.

I was specifically talking about the ones that leave in a flurry of shitposting and drama bullshit. It seems to me that a good third end up in PL.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

CainFortea posted:

I was specifically talking about the ones that leave in a flurry of shitposting and drama bullshit. It seems to me that a good third end up in PL.

yes agreed

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Since there's no commentary on it yet -- PL did another USTZ feed today on the Saranen Small Tower, with the Welpcane Meatgrinder claiming the lives of an Abaddon fleet, most of a Machariel fleet, and six FAXes.

The FAXes all have varying fits again. Before, I just chalked it up to early deployment / poor communication, but now I'm genuinely :wtf: -- can nobody in this game, even in PL, come to agreement on how to fit an Apostle.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Can anyone link me to the map that shows who owns what space? Perhaps if I ask permission to go visit b-Rb5r they will let me?

Currently it would take about 20 days for the interceptors learning.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

VideoGames posted:

Can anyone link me to the map that shows who owns what space? Perhaps if I ask permission to go visit b-Rb5r they will let me?

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/B-R5RB

But don't ask - not everyone is as nice as you and it won't have the effect you're after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

VideoGames posted:

If you ask they'll say yes and be waiting for you when you get there in order to kill you.

• Locked thread