Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.

I like postcards too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I karaoke with several goons irl weekly. Once I had beers with mrblandaverage. Musket drunk texts me semi regularly.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i've met McMadCow and Bowbles, both of whom are cool dudes

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

atomicthumbs posted:

i've met McMadCow and Bowbles, both of whom are cool dudes

i had lunch with bowbles and mcmadcow when i was in SF and i think bowbles got his car towed or got a ticket or something, a+ would be awkward with again

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

8th-snype posted:

I karaoke with several goons irl weekly. Once I had beers with mrblandaverage. Musket drunk texts me semi regularly.

Come to portland on tuesday for musket shenanigans

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Back when I was an Evegoon, I met several other Goons in Reykjavik and at other Eve meets. Most of them were pretty chill and cool dudes/ladydudes (apart from the fact that they played Eve Online of course). I don't think any of the Evegoons I know are regular Doorkroom posters though.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

SM got me pregnant and won't return my PMs

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
Are we all middle aged, married with kids, straddled with huge mortgages dudes in here or a plethora of mid 20's hot vaginas? A/S/L?

Edit: 14 years a goon and I think I just got my first custom title. :gizz:

Choicecut fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 24, 2016

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Can I get you a glass of water?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Because you are thirsty

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I would guess middle age is the tall part of the bell curve. Anyone significantly older than us doesn't get this whole internet thingamajig, and anyone under 18 isn't going to have a credit card to pay the :10bux:. And while I'm sure there's a good number of 20 somethings around here, they would have grown up in the facebook/reddit era and a majority of them probably chat about their E/N bullshit in different venues.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

365 Nog Hogger posted:

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Because you are thirsty

:drat:

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

365 Nog Hogger posted:

How does it taste?

xzzy posted:

I would guess middle age is the tall part of the bell curve. Anyone significantly older than us doesn't get this whole internet thingamajig, and anyone under 18 isn't going to have a credit card to pay the :10bux:. And while I'm sure there's a good number of 20 somethings around here, they would have grown up in the facebook/reddit era and a majority of them probably chat about their E/N bullshit in different venues.

Makes sense. I figured most in this sub were a little older given some of the gear people are using.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Choicecut posted:

Makes sense. I figured most in this sub were a little older given some of the gear people are using.

Also; you can hear us say 'ahhh' every time we sit down to post.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Because you are thirsty

:thurman:

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Choicecut posted:

What are you even doing with your life
if you're not wearing suspenders

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

DJExile posted:

Dakana and me met on here. We shot both cameras and guns together, are now homies, and I was in his wedding. He's a super good dude.

it's true, we've eaten so much cracker barrel together

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

xzzy posted:

Anyone significantly older than us doesn't get this whole internet thingamajig, and anyone under 18 isn't going to have a credit card to pay the :10bux:.
I cajoled my parents into paying for my registration at 15

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I'm 21 in close enough to a month, I registered with a visa giftcard that I wagged school to buy. Y'all are way older than me.

The weirdo who came to my work was in his 30s I think, I was 15 or 16, a little before I got an account here.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Sent my first DMCA notice. To a church.

:dukedog:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Mine was to a bunch of Neo-Nazi's. They weren't very cooperative.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Hahaha..but jesus man.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

8th-snype posted:

Asian style karaoke or bar karaoke? This is important

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Spedman posted:

Maybe your grammar wasn't very good.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Geektox posted:

Asian style karaoke or bar karaoke? This is important

Bar karaoke

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

8th-snype posted:

Bar karaoke

Bar karaoke would require me to drink enough that dorkroomers will end up banned from whatever bar.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Have any of the brisbane goons entered the lord mayors competition?

I really like that last years winning depiction of a vibrant energetic brisbane was a literal pile of garbage

E: actually its open to all Australians,

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 25, 2016

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

a literal pile of garbage

please refrain from signing your posts

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

ansel autisms posted:

I cajoled my parents into paying for my registration at 15

Same (well 16, so almost same). 27 now.

I've wasted my life.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I lurked since Diablo 2 came out but only got a reg later on. I thought gently caress wasn't a filter.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

SoundMonkey posted:

please refrain from signing your posts

I'm trying mang why you gotta hold me down.

The prize on that competition is 10k aud btw so if you have something thats better than a pic from an actual dump and isnt obviously Not Brisbane then get your free money. It sounds like they only care that you are Australian.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
The winner will probably be someone who ran a mediocre pic through an HDR program, with the overly sharp edges and false color everywhere

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Hell yeah buddy

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spedman posted:

Ah yes tumblr infinite pines on mountains, I don't know why i remember this photo. Maybe it's good

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

unpacked robinhood posted:

Ah yes tumblr infinite pines on mountains, I don't know why i remember this photo. Maybe it's good

It was this one
https://flic.kr/p/eP56w6

And here's a link to the moronic meme version (which still keeps popping up):
http://bejarj.tumblr.com/post/72820947793

It's now made its way to pinterest, how quaint.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Choicecut posted:

Are we all middle aged, married with kids, straddled with huge mortgages dudes in here or a plethora of mid 20's hot vaginas? A/S/L?

Edit: 14 years a goon and I think I just got my first custom title. :gizz:

Some of us are more "middle aged" than others. I'm retired, living the life of a stay at home dad post-career, and have way less time to shoot now than I did when I was working 60+ hours a week.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I got a stranger on the internet to buy me an account when I was 17 because I was hilarious on the Day of Defeat forums. I've met a few goons IRL but no Dorkroomers.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I'm trying mang why you gotta hold me down.

The prize on that competition is 10k aud btw so if you have something thats better than a pic from an actual dump and isnt obviously Not Brisbane then get your free money. It sounds like they only care that you are Australian.

Hells yeah gon' submit something under my husband's name.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

torgeaux posted:

Some of us are more "middle aged" than others. I'm retired, living the life of a stay at home dad post-career, and have way less time to shoot now than I did when I was working 60+ hours a week.

ha ha you are older than me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

torgeaux posted:

I'm about to turn 38 and if my plan keeps going like it is, I have 17 years left and I'm retired. I can't loving wait. Round the world motorcycle trip with the wench will commence.

If anyone wants to hang out and you see me walking, just pull on over: