Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Megasabin posted:

*Pays 17 dollars for a 5 hour indie game*-- You can't put a price on art.

*Pays 40 dollars for the most well made multiplayer FPS in the past few years* - How dare they charge me for this fully featured triple AAA game!

People are dumb.

I think you misunderstood the post you were quoting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Megasabin posted:

*Pays 17 dollars for a 5 hour indie game*-- You can't put a price on art.

*Pays 40 dollars for the most well made multiplayer FPS in the past few years* - How dare they charge me for this fully featured triple AAA game!

People are dumb.

I don't think these are the same people. The people who think in price per hour usually hate artgames

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The complaint isn't that it's still $40, it's that playing on console incurs a mandatory $20 premium.

Ah. Yea that does suck. Although I thought it's generally accepted you are paying less on PC for almost everything. Nothing on consoles even come close to Cdkeys.com, green man gaming, or Steam Sales.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The complaint isn't that it's still $40, it's that playing on console incurs a mandatory $20 premium.

I'm not sure how I feel about that or the game itself, but I definitely object to 60$ being the money-grubbing option when the f2p model is explicitly set up so that you have to continuously spend money.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

*quotes one imagined group of people*

*quotes an entirely different imagined group of people*

no, it is the children who are wrong!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Super No Vacancy posted:

bethesda

obsidian

I don't think anyone was disputing that New Vegas is better than F3/4, in fact I'm pretty sure Freeside alone has more quests that feature zero combat than both Bethesda Fallouts combined. More that everything F3 does F4 does but better better (exploration, combat, etc). Writing/plot is not one of those things.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i just want to dwell on the badness of bethesda for a bit longer i dont have any interest on what other people are arguing

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Megasabin posted:

Ah. Yea that does suck. Although I thought it's generally accepted you are paying less on PC for almost everything. Nothing on consoles even come close to Cdkeys.com, green man gaming, or Steam Sales.

Blizzard sells their own games directly, and they're usually $60.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
D.VA is cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0azqQ3-kR_0

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The best part is that everyone there could have survived if they just got behind the big pillar in the middle right before it blew. Her ultra is insanely weak once people know how to counter it (line-of-sighting behind even the tiniest piece of terrain rather than running away).

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

So is Overwatch the kind of game you buy digitally or physically. Seems like a lot of content will be added over time and the playerbase will always be there so even if you're sick of it you'll come back later?

Haven't played the beta, just trying to decide if I should buy the game

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Aphrodite posted:

Blizzard sells their own games directly, and they're usually $60.

I bought the origins edition off cdkeys.com for about 35 bucks a few months ago.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

So is Overwatch the kind of game you buy digitally or physically. Seems like a lot of content will be added over time and the playerbase will always be there so even if you're sick of it you'll come back later?

In my experience with Splatoon, a game like that is definitely the kind you want to have on the system, so you can load it up whenever and enjoy.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I know this is the PS4 thread, but I am wary of any long term sustainable online multiplayer on console. The best time to play any sort of console multiplayer game is the closer to launch you can get. What happens to a player base is anyone's guess as time goes on.

There isn't really another big online shooter game until September/October? I guess.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Megasabin posted:

I bought the origins edition off cdkeys.com for about 35 bucks a few months ago.

Not to mention, if you don't mind physical media, both Best Buy and Amazon have membership programs that give 20% of retail.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Well the COD playerbase dies simply because a new one is constantly released at the same time annually, and most everyone jumps ship at least eventually

Also guessing it's two different fanbases

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Super No Vacancy posted:

bethesda

obsidian

interplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i54tXdPUScE

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Well the COD playerbase dies simply because a new one is constantly released at the same time annually, and most everyone jumps ship at least eventually

Also guessing it's two different fanbases

I wouldn't say it's fair to say that Overwatch has an existing fanbase that's distinct from the COD fanbase. It's very different from what Blizzard's done before, at least Heroes of the Storm has some passing resemblance to Warcraft III. If the game will succeed(and it probably will), it's going to have a large part of that COD playerbase.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Does the star wars battlefront dlc have any single player level stuff in it? I just want to mess around and be dart vader, fly an xwing and whatnot, don't care about playing online.

Waiting for the price to drop to where that's worth it. Not sure if $25 is it. But do I care about the dlc's?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Did I somehow miss it or is there no Overwatch thread?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Did I somehow miss it or is there no Overwatch thread?

Blizzard subforum

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:wtc:

An MMO subforum sure. w/e

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

:wtc:

An MMO subforum sure. w/e

*Blizzard

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is last blade 2 good

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Overwatch is 80$ In canada on the PS4 :colbert:

also D Va's ult is better on console (clearly the superior version) but I'm just gonna keep playing Splatoon until a boxing day sale of some kind or info about Splatoon dropping on the NX and give OW time to pricedrop

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

guess I shouldn't expect to be good at every shooter but man I wish I were better at overwatch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Abu Dave posted:

is last blade 2 good

do you like swords and brutal sword combos/magic sword arts?

if yes then yes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Bombadilillo posted:

Does the star wars battlefront dlc have any single player level stuff in it? I just want to mess around and be dart vader, fly an xwing and whatnot, don't care about playing online.

Waiting for the price to drop to where that's worth it. Not sure if $25 is it. But do I care about the dlc's?

No

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

guess I shouldn't expect to be good at every shooter but man I wish I were better at overwatch

this should probably go in the blizzard containment forum but what are you having trouble with. console fps / tbs games have very fixable problems

Bombadilillo posted:

disney infinity?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don't buy Disney Infinity, it's been EOLed.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
Is Lords of the Fallen worth it for the sale price if I'm fully aware that it's not going to be on the same level as any of the Souls games? Or is it just bad and unenjoyable overall?

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

haveblue posted:

Don't buy Disney Infinity, it's been EOLed.

now is exactly when you want to get into it with people liquidating their "now useless" sets
you arb off of the buyers who buy the thing at msrp because "this will have infinite compounding value as it is usable in more and more later sets"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bestbuy has the figures for $8 or something.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Its pretty disappointing that Battlefront apparently never got better, if they just slapped new graphics on the original X-Box game it would've been a day-one purchase for me.

The Bespin map was ssssick

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

homewrecker posted:

Is Lords of the Fallen worth it for the sale price if I'm fully aware that it's not going to be on the same level as any of the Souls games? Or is it just bad and unenjoyable overall?
playing a bad souls knockoff just seems like a waste of time to me regardless of the cost

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Super No Vacancy posted:

bethesda

obsidian

I still love that you can make your intelligence/speech zero and be some profoundly retarded strong man.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Didn't widely beloved by the forums game Splatoon launch with less content than Overwatch is at $60 with more promised later (which showed up later???)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

splatoon also has a cool single player campaign

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i don't think i've ever played a single player campaign attached to a multiplayer shooter so i forget that people do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Detective No. 27 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzM0pHy7B2s
Digital Foundry called TMNT the sequel to Korra. Platinum's worst game. The boss battles are more akin to MMO combat. :smith:
That's disappointing, but I lost interest in the Transformers game halfway through too. I don't think Platinum made the right decision in having two distinct tiers of games, one glorious and one mediocre to bad. They should just focus on making more glorious games.

• Locked thread