Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

You'd have to be weird to finish 2nd whilst competing for a lady's affections to fuckin' Deadpool.

Imagine Thanos, in all the scenes with Death wearing a fedora.

"Look Death, I know that you said we're never going to work out. But, you're not seeing anyone, and I keep gifting all this stuff that I KNOW you'll like. You owe me, because I'm a nice Titan."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

PicklePants posted:

Imagine Thanos, in all the scenes with Death wearing a fedora.

"Look Death, I know that you said we're never going to work out. But, you're not seeing anyone, and I keep gifting all this stuff that I KNOW you'll like. You owe me, because I'm a nice Titan."

We need a "WHAT IF...THANOS WAS A 'NICE GUY'?"

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

We need a "WHAT IF...THANOS WAS A 'NICE GUY'?"

I actually have a copy of that. Omnibus costs like $120 though.

Meanwhile, in DC

Cuchulain fucked around with this message at 09:06 on May 24, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
<insert bvs joke here>

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Ygolonac posted:

IIRC, yes - he was (as usual) casually whoopassing her in the mornings with sticks - something something "normal school experience" something "never did *me* any harm" something "whippersnappers" something.

Random GIS for "funny wolverine panel"

Amazing Spider-Man #664

Nope, Astonishing Spider-man and Wolverine #5 (I think).

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Can confirm.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Cuchulain posted:

I actually have a copy of that. Omnibus costs like $120 though.

Meanwhile, in DC

I love how blase Clark is about the extinction of humanity.

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA
was "The World" a rival newspaper or something?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Crazy #042 Cover (1978) by Bob Larkin

HAH ME SUMMONING THE SPIDER

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Nope, Astonishing Spider-man and Wolverine #5 (I think).

GOOGLE HAS FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME :doom:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ygolonac posted:

GOOGLE HAS FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME :doom:
You should read ASM&W as it is pretty incredible, just putting that out there.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

kujeger posted:

was "The World" a rival newspaper or something?

no it's an enemy stand

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
It's been too long since we've seen this:

Spidey Super Stories #53

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

redbackground posted:

You should read ASM&W as it is pretty incredible, just putting that out there.

I did read that, it's just I didn't have it handy when I made the post, thus Google DOOMGLE SHALL RULE ALL :doom:

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

smashpro1 posted:

Spidey Super Stories #53

Thanks for the avatar material. :gaz:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Justice League #50

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:52 on May 25, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Is that some kinda baby Black Adam, or is it even dumber than that.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm not diminishing it's comedic power by explaining anything. I even clone stamped out some word balloons.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

It's babby Darkseid, I believe.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

smashpro1 posted:

Spidey Super Stories #53

I am still upset that Marvel didn't relaunch this during the Superior era.
The world would be a much better place with Spidey Superior Stories.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Teenage Fansub posted:

Justice League #50

There are better ways to potty train a baby.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

In honour of Steve Rogers, not a robot; clone; or simulacrum, being a Nazi this whole time, I present you with What If Steve Rogers Were Secretly A Nazi This Whole Time And Then Became President?

[What If? Vol 2. #28]

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Lurdiak posted:

Lois Lane of Earth-3 (Superwoman), who was married to Ultraman and had regular trysts with Owlman, turned out to have a baby that was Alexander Luthor's! And it has the ability to take power through the use of the magic word "MAZAHS" inherited from its father, re-absorbing all the powers of the New Gods and reincarnating Darkseid.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Four Score posted:

Lois Lane of Earth-3 (Superwoman), who was married to Ultraman and had regular trysts with Owlman, turned out to have a baby that was Alexander Luthor's! And it has the ability to take power through the use of the magic word "MAZAHS" inherited from its father, re-absorbing all the powers of the New Gods and reincarnating Darkseid.

Even for a DC alternate universe, that's pretty stupid.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Four Score posted:

Now you're just making poo poo up

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Ghostlight posted:

In honour of Steve Rogers, not a robot; clone; or simulacrum, being a Nazi this whole time, I present you with What If Steve Rogers Were Secretly A Nazi This Whole Time And Then Became President?

Wait what? What the gently caress?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Four Score posted:

Is this real? I really want to know if this is real.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

ImpAtom posted:

Is this real? I really want to know if this is real.

It is 100% real

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
As a slave to his daughter used to destroy the Justice League, no less. It's okay though, her Amazon mom turns her away at the last moment (a lot of women die/almost die in Rebirth guys) and, after the Black Racer is released slaying Volthoom and freeing Jessica Cruz/Cyborg's mind as well as Hal giving his Power Ring to Batman so Batman can free himself from the Mobius Chair before it makes him, I assume, a drooling vegetable, she reverts Darkseid to a creepy-looking baby and vanishes for parts unknown to raise him with TLC, while Owlman and Grid make off for the Moon of their Earth with the Mobius Chair. Of course, just as Owlman begins to attain omniscience, he becomes aware of a presence and he and Grid are subsequently atomized by Sir Not Appearing in This Film (Dr. Manhattan).

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Seriously post the real comic :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Four Score posted:

As a slave to his daughter used to destroy the Justice League, no less. It's okay though, her Amazon mom turns her away at the last moment (a lot of women die/almost die in Rebirth guys) and, after the Black Racer is released slaying Volthoom and freeing Jessica Cruz/Cyborg's mind as well as Hal giving his Power Ring to Batman so Batman can free himself from the Mobius Chair before it makes him, I assume, a drooling vegetable, she reverts Darkseid to a creepy-looking baby and vanishes for parts unknown to raise him with TLC, while Owlman and Grid make off for the Moon of their Earth with the Mobius Chair. Of course, just as Owlman begins to attain omniscience, he becomes aware of a presence and he and Grid are subsequently atomized by Sir Not Appearing in This Film (Dr. Manhattan).

I don't believe a word of this.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Rhonne posted:

Wait what? What the gently caress?

apparently Steve Rogers has always been an undercover Hydra Agent.

Yeah. That's a real thing Marvel's going with now.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Shakenbaker posted:

I don't believe a word of this.

basically DC got it's head stuck up it's own rear end with their characters cultural importance and status of superhero comics as a modern mythology and have taken it way to loving far.

See also Batman Vs Superman.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 26, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Four Score posted:

Hal giving his Power Ring to Batman so Batman can free himself from the Mobius Chair before it makes him, I assume, a drooling vegetable

This might be the greatest thing in comics.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

To be fair, we were warned about Cap thinking democracy is for stupid babies a while ago:

Unbeatable Squirrel-girl #5 (the first #5)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

David D. Davidson posted:

basically DC got it's head stuck up it's own rear end

Really, you could have just stopped there and your point would have been made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Zore posted:

apparently Steve Rogers has always been an undercover Hydra Agent.

Yeah. That's a real thing Marvel's going with now.

I heard about it when it hit Facebook. I know it'll get retconned in a year, but I thought they had to be stupid to think anyone's gonna buy this.

And then I found out about DC Rebirth's big twist.

Mary Jane has just figured out everyone is an idiot and has had enough of this poo poo.