Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
This game is so so good and man does it make me so so salty sometimes. I loving swear to god some of these goddamned Widowmakers are robots. Bastions are nothing. Widowmakers make me saltier than anything else in this game with their instant headshot loving bullshit gently caress

This game is really good though and I have played nearly the entire day and all night last night so 10/10 Blizz game of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Zenyatta is by far my favorite design so far but bodyshotmaker/genji in every game is by far the biggest annoyance to having fun with him. He needs some kind of quick side step or something so you don't have to plod everywhere with the lowest health and become instant food for tracer or genji as soon as they see you. He's really good when people don't run from transcendence. :smith:

Getting potg as zenyatta gets you almost unanimous votes everytime though :smug:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
e: toooo large

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Took off work a bit early to play some. Got home and the power was out in the entire block. :suicide:

Whoever said that they constantly have to pick a Reinhardt or Mercy since no one else on their team does, I feel the same way about Symmetra. The teleporter can easily change the tide of a match but no one picks her.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

zooted heh posted:

here's me teaching Reinhardt how to fly.

https://youtu.be/U2zwTs9v6h4

the only thing funner than seeing a flying Reinhart is being a flying Reinhart

the only thing funner than being a flying Reinhart is being a flying Reinhart and still getting the charge kill

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Radical posted:

from last page and i dont feel like finding it to quote but your mmr didnt reset from the beta apparently

ya my first game was hard as gently caress and we all came to the same conclusion

on the one hand, no newbie dunking, otoh, it's probably better for the game

but I'm sad that I'll never get to like, play a bastion and feel useful.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Just unsurprisingly lost a game where we were Defense and we had two Tracers and two Widows

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Cheers, love. Cavalry's here.

Sometimes it helps to have a hookup at the store.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Macaluso posted:

This game is so so good and man does it make me so so salty sometimes. I loving swear to god some of these goddamned Widowmakers are robots. Bastions are nothing. Widowmakers make me saltier than anything else in this game with their instant headshot loving bullshit gently caress

This game is really good though and I have played nearly the entire day and all night last night so 10/10 Blizz game of the year

Agreed. I mostly play Mercy and Junkrat so Bastion rarely bothers me but holy gently caress a good Widowmaker makes me salty like nothing else.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Any tips for a mei player? I've mainly been using ice wall + ice heal to annoy enemies and hold/capture points and push payloads, but i don't get alot of kills unfortunately.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Zodack posted:

Just unsurprisingly lost a game where we were Defense and we had two Tracers and two Widows

Was there a Mei and D.Va on there too? Perfect team in my book. (perfect harem anime! *blush*)

edit: wait no Pharah and Torb, not quite perfect

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Main Paineframe posted:

the only thing funner than seeing a flying Reinhart is being a flying Reinhart

the only thing funner than being a flying Reinhart is being a flying Reinhart and still getting the charge kill

wish I saw the kill cam.

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

I'm sure some people in this thread would agree;

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

iroguebot posted:

I'm sure some people in this thread would agree;

On a steel horse I ride!

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Minrad posted:

ya my first game was hard as gently caress and we all came to the same conclusion

on the one hand, no newbie dunking, otoh, it's probably better for the game

but I'm sad that I'll never get to like, play a bastion and feel useful.

yeah i dont have a source or anything i was just playing with some dota casters & esports people and they claimed thats how it was and i assume they would know these things (?)

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Just testing how to use webm with a couple of PotG. Is there a way to like...thumbnail high quality webms without breaking tables?

https://my.mixtape.moe/xgxknt.webm

https://my.mixtape.moe/csffqv.webm

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Jeza posted:

Just testing how to use webm with a couple of PotG. Is there a way to like...thumbnail high quality webms without breaking tables?

I enjoy playing both of those characters, and I enjoyed these murder footages.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

Ash Crimson posted:

Any tips for a mei player? I've mainly been using ice wall + ice heal to annoy enemies and hold/capture points and push payloads, but i don't get alot of kills unfortunately.

Try to isolate enemies using your ice wall and kill them by freezing them then following up with a icicle headshot. Try to fight in hallways where you can put up an ice wall and use it as a total barrier to run away if the fight goes bad.

Also you contest points while ice blocking. This is useful.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ran some try hard competitive comps with my friends (2x Lucio, 2x Winston, 2x Tracer on KotH, and Mercy, Lucio, Winston, Winston, McCree, Tracer everywhere else) and steam rolled games for like two hours straight. Pubs do not know how to handle two Winstons lmao.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Radical posted:

i was just playing with some dota casters & esports people

come now, wangsbig gets like 10 viewers and gogey isnt on a REAL dota team...

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Pharah is one of my favorite characters to play and that sucks because she's also got the shittiest art in the game. Oh, it's an Egyptian girl with a play-on-words name that is, like, a soldier I guess as well because she's always saluting and serious?

I want to play as goddamn mcree but I suck so bad at him

f1av0r
Jan 13, 2008
On ps4 as dehsa if anyone is on ps4

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Minrad posted:

come now, wangsbig gets like 10 viewers and gogey isnt on a REAL dota team...

it was actually ld nahaz maut and some other people

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

abigserve posted:

Pharah is one of my favorite characters to play and that sucks because she's also got the shittiest art in the game. Oh, it's an Egyptian girl with a play-on-words name that is, like, a soldier I guess as well because she's always saluting and serious?

I think Metroid chic is cool and happenin'. I don't mind that she borrows John Cena's signature hand gesture thing, or a salute as you call it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jeza posted:

https://my.mixtape.moe/xgxknt.webm

https://my.mixtape.moe/csffqv.webm

You can press Q really good!

Zero.
Apr 21, 2014

fadam posted:

Ran some try hard competitive comps with my friends (2x Lucio, 2x Winston, 2x Tracer on KotH, and Mercy, Lucio, Winston, Winston, McCree, Tracer everywhere else) and steam rolled games for like two hours straight. Pubs do not know how to handle two Winstons lmao.

gently caress that I dont even know how to handle a single one.
Also, why choose McCree over Reaper or Soldier 76? You seem to be missing midrange fight potential?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

abigserve posted:

egyptian samus is cooler than cowboy

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Heavy Metal posted:

I think Metroid chic is cool and happenin'. I don't mind that she borrows John Cena's signature hand gesture thing, or a salute as you call it.

God drat it now I want Pharah to have a "You Can't See Me" hand wave

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Winston is good? Every time I see a gorilla in quick play I know we are hosed

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Vermain posted:

If you're like me and have a big perfectionist/self-blame complex, it's easy to treat every game as some massive test of your personal ability instead of just having it be A Fun Game. Getting out of that cycle requires a lot of self-reflection and practice.

hello hi it's me how you doin

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Willie Tomg posted:

i feel like zenyatta gets much much better when your team realizes the big golden glowing floaty poo poo is a green light to do what would otherwise be some very dumb stuff

most times when you use his ult around randos though its like "oh, poo poo! zenyatta's doing something! ...lets stand back and see where he goes with this"

Man I really like Zenyatta but some games my teammates just insist on obstinantely not understanding that I need to have vision of them to heal them.

Then I switch to Lucio and suddenly everyone instantly knows how to handle that (usually, I spent quite a bit of a match solo-pushing the payload earlier)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

He has to be played a lot more deliberately than most characters who can do well enough with just "walk forward and shoot mans" but he can mow down squishes and get out somewhat reliably

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Zero. posted:

Also, why choose McCree over Reaper or Soldier 76? You seem to be missing midrange fight potential?

In what universe are either of those heroes better than McCree at mid dange?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

abigserve posted:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/RespectfulBestGordonsetter.mp4

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Soothing Vapors posted:

winston is weird, he's really easy to kill for a lot of popular characters (mccree, roadhog, reaper, tracer) but he also has favorable matchups against popular characters (widow, hanzo, all supports, genji).

that said a lot of his strength comes from (1) stacking two of them and focusing targets down, (2) using his bubbles as something you can dance in and out of to DM people, and (3) not committing to a fight that'll take longer than your leap cooldown unless your team is following. he basically loves to 1v1 squishy heroes and can dive certain healer + tank/dps combos and kill the healer before leaping out, but anything that disables him like a hook or a flashbang ruins his day.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Overwatch Mythbusters #8 is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlbw14S1rak

I'm assuming that last one is a bug, but otherwise educational as always.

edit: Man, this game has so many cool graphical touches. I knew that aside from the UI indicator, the energy thing in Zarya's gun got bigger when she gained charge, but I never noticed how it makes her back light up like that.

Selane fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 25, 2016

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Zero. posted:

Prolly because McCree is like the strongest midrange hero in the game.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

fadam posted:

In what universe are either of those heroes better than McCree at mid dange?

Soldier 76 is tons better than McCree at mid-range. Agree that reaper is way worse.

Winston is really good to go mess up any snipers, healers, or genjis. There are some other people he can sometimes do good again, and he is terrible against other tanks. He really does well on KOTH maps where you can approach and escape through lots of weird angles, and you have more chances to monkey-punch someone into a pit.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Brosnan posted:

Prolly because McCree is like the strongest midrange hero in the game.

A single headshot from McCree is, like, 4/5ths of your average 200 HP hero's life gone in a single click. S76 is still good, but he doesn't have quite the instant fragging potential of McCree (something that's critically important in a game with a lot of over time healing like this one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ZypherIM posted:

Soldier 76 is tons better than McCree at mid-range.

That's a funny joke but some new player might read that and believe you. Consider adding a "jk" or "/s".