Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Deathy McDeath posted:

Because Utopias is the greatest beer that has ever been brewed. It's also like $200 a bottle.

:wth: why not just buy like a months worth of normal sam adams instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

:wth: why not just buy like a months worth of normal sam adams instead?

Cause its Sam Adams?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Syrian Lannister posted:

Cause its Sam Adams?

sure but deathy seems to like that swill

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
F-F-Fist Fakku-san.... :(

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
drink yo drank bruh, at least it aint an ipa

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
loving hell I like trying new beers from the smaller breweries, but its all god drat IPAs and I'm not a fan.

http://www.macandjacks.com/

those guys make this killer african amber

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

loving hell I like trying new beers from the smaller breweries, but its all god drat IPAs and I'm not a fan.

http://www.macandjacks.com/

those guys make this killer african amber

Pretty much the only beer I can stand here. I don't know what the obsession with hops and making everything so goddamn hoppy here but poo poo does it suck

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
Today I got a letter from the VA saying I was being underpaid since the first of the year and will now be paid about $300 more. It didn't mention backpay. There's loving backpay right?!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Grem posted:

Today I got a letter from the VA saying I was being underpaid since the first of the year and will now be paid about $300 more. It didn't mention backpay. There's loving backpay right?!

Ought to be. If there isn't, raise hell.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Guys u just got until medical scoops

Sorry for drink posting in the student thread but I feel fuckfing awesome my life owns so hard

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

TheQuietWilds posted:

Guys u just got until medical scoops

Sorry for drink posting in the student thread but I feel fuckfing awesome my life owns so hard

Soon you'll have access to the good stuff and can leave drinking to the plebes you treat

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
mmm final VA education benefits check until next year. Time to put this otherwise 70K+ education to work and see what kind of job I can get with a history degree! I'll let you know soon veins!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh wow guys apparently my community college courses classes are around $833 $1666 per credit hour I hope post 9/11 covers it :ohdear:

Some dumb rear end letter someone wrote to the editor posted:

North Idaho College is so expensive. Classes come at a great price. It has been my unfortunate experience to have failed two classes this semester, something unheard of before for me. If we pay such a high price for these hybrid classes, online classes, North Idaho College must give us some sort of tutoring. I just spent $10,000 for two classes I failed, and even with support it was not enough.
The college scene has produced madness. The books alone are enough to break one’s account with the loan. I spent $400 on one class and $370 on one book. Something has to give here. Some people just need a bit more attention than others, and some of us are not good at not having the old school training, such as eye contact, and encouragement. Just venting, since I flunked the two most important courses in my paralegal field.
I think this educational system has to change. It was easier to get my bachelor’s degree than this technological one. I hope all people check it out first before going back to school, because when the loan runs out and you flunk like I did…God help us all!
BETH PIETLICKI

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 2, 2016

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

oh wow guys apparently my community college courses classes are around $833 $1666 per credit hour I hope post 9/11 covers it :ohdear:

I've long said the problem with higher education is we're not letting people who can't even pass the most basic community college courses or even obtain a driver's license by 41 make policy for everyone else

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
Just dropped 2.5k of the VA''s money at the campus bookstore on a new computer, printer, and computer bag.

Voc Rehab loving rocks, bros.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Lol if you don't build your own computer

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Kind of hard to build your own laptop.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Whip Slagcheek posted:

build your own face after i cave it in with my fists, nerd

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Whip Slagcheek posted:

The one they gave me has a badge that says something about it being a gaming computer so I can't really use it in public or I'll have to bully myself.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Grem posted:

The one they gave me has a badge that says something about it being a gaming computer so I can't really use it in public or I'll have to bully myself.

arent you a teacher?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
In the process of becoming one yes.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
werent you an mp at quantico?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
Sure was!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I have just officially been accepted by University of San Diego. I'm so loving pumped right now. I'm really loving excited.

So for classes starting in the fall, when should I submit my 9/11 GI Bill thingy? I'm working on trying to get in touch with someone from VOCREHAB down there, but I'm not getting any luck.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Soulex posted:

I have just officially been accepted by University of San Diego. I'm so loving pumped right now. I'm really loving excited.

So for classes starting in the fall, when should I submit my 9/11 GI Bill thingy? I'm working on trying to get in touch with someone from VOCREHAB down there, but I'm not getting any luck.

fill out this for voc rehab, should let you put what school you intend to go to. Wait a few months for them to get back to you maybe.
http://www.benefits.va.gov/vocrehab/

I'm not sure exactly where at precisely because I cant remember my login info at the moment, but there should be a form in here to fill out for you gi bill
https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/vonapp

the VA site directs to ebenefits anyway. Everything is in there, hope you did that in your TAP poo poo.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

fill out this for voc rehab, should let you put what school you intend to go to. Wait a few months for them to get back to you maybe.

I'm not sure exactly where at precisely because I cant remember my login info at the moment, but there should be a form in here to fill out for you gi bill
https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/vonapp

How long should I wait before submitting it, or just do it now even though my classes start in the fall?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Soulex posted:

How long should I wait before submitting it, or just do it now even though my classes start in the fall?

do it now, VA is slow with VR.

GI Bill is nbd, do it sooner than later though. I'm starting in fall too and I did this all months ago. No reason to wait to last minute IMO.

Don't call VR, they'll call you. In the meantime, I'd try these guys from the Uni Of San Diego i found on their site

Military and Veteran Students
Hahn University Center 225
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110

Phone: (619) 260-7483

That should get you the veterans advisor guy who should be able to get you more accurate info with regards to their poo poo, and should be pretty familiar with dealing with VA stuff.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

do it now, VA is slow with VR.

GI Bill is nbd, do it sooner than later though. I'm starting in fall too and I did this all months ago. No reason to wait to last minute IMO.

Don't call VR, they'll call you. In the meantime, I'd try these guys from the Uni Of San Diego i found on their site

Military and Veteran Students
Hahn University Center 225
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110

Phone: (619) 260-7483

That should get you the veterans advisor guy who should be able to get you more accurate info with regards to their poo poo, and should be pretty familiar with dealing with VA stuff.

edit: NVM, just filled it out. Can't wait! Now I just need to figure out what grants I can get that don't pay everything to the school to help out with living expenses.

Thanks. Last question, definitely the 9/11 right? Not the GI Bill? I'm gonna be going full time and it's just until VOCREHAB starts kicking in. Whatever helps out the most in terms of money for living.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 6, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah MGIB is dumb except for a few cases where you can't use post 911, I think thats stuff like flight school and some vocational programs maybe.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Today was the first time I had to do whiteboard technical questions, which I was completely unprepared for hahaha. Apparently I'm the first person to voluntarily use the whiteboard as opposed to a sheet of paper. That's just sad, yo.

I got invited back on the spot for a second round interview to meet the team at a small embedded system company for an internship position, so i didn't do to terrible I guess.

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 6, 2016

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Soulex posted:

edit: NVM, just filled it out. Can't wait! Now I just need to figure out what grants I can get that don't pay everything to the school to help out with living expenses.

Thanks. Last question, definitely the 9/11 right? Not the GI Bill? I'm gonna be going full time and it's just until VOCREHAB starts kicking in. Whatever helps out the most in terms of money for living.

Don't forget to do your FAFSA, you will probably get denied grants your first year because you'll be going off your previous year's income from your taxes but you can file a loss of income appeal. After the first year you should automatically get shitloads of grant money as long as you don't actually like try to work or file for unemployment or something. I get $7,600/yr not including monthly BAH or book allowance just from 30 minutes of work. Sometimes I feel guilty about it because it's stupid amounts of free money while other kids get crushed by loans but you need to embrace the welfare queen lifestyle.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I've been sweating it bad but University of Phoenix accepted me into one of their internationally recognized undergraduate program. I'm gonna be a Phoenix!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

I've been sweating it bad but University of Phoenix accepted me into one of their internationally recognized undergraduate program. I'm gonna be a Phoenix!

I really want to hope this is a joke post.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
What does their national security degree program got to joke about?

National security is serious business.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 7, 2016

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Whew do I feel stupid. I foolishly followed the advice of my academic adviser in selecting my final courses, and in doing so we seem to have overlooked an upper division credit requirement. I noticed this problem a few days before the end of my first summer semester and brought it up, and have since been told that I won't be graduating until I can get 3 more upper division credit hours added to my transcripts.

fortunately this won't effect the job I just landed but its still pretty disappointing :sad:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I would imagine the final for one of those classes is setting up a password that fills up a password strength meter at least 3/4 of the way.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

elite_garbage_man posted:

Today was the first time I had to do whiteboard technical questions, which I was completely unprepared for hahaha. Apparently I'm the first person to voluntarily use the whiteboard as opposed to a sheet of paper. That's just sad, yo.

I got invited back on the spot for a second round interview to meet the team at a small embedded system company for an internship position, so i didn't do to terrible I guess.

doing that shows your confidence in your skills and ability to show your work and accept criticism, pro move

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Apparently U of Phoenix got unbanned by DOD which is a shame. The Wizard of Oz commercial they're running right now is some disgustingly manipulative bullshit.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

doing that shows your confidence in your skills and ability to show your work and accept criticism, pro move

No they probably tell people that when it's obvious they need a confidence boost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Casimir Radon posted:

Apparently U of Phoenix got unbanned by DOD which is a shame. The Wizard of Oz commercial they're running right now is some disgustingly manipulative bullshit.

So what General got placed on their board of directors?

• Locked thread