Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

The Shortest Path posted:

How are people able to think that Bastion is good

Is there some cheat code to be able to move around in turret mode that only pros know or something because I really just don't get it otherwise.

Dying in one second shouldn't be possible. Just LOOK at him mow down my entire team walking up around this corner one by one!

Why would I play something this broken and boring when I could play fun heroes like Mei and Hanzo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Chomposaur posted:

Super tank teams (esp Winston) really gently caress my normal pub strat, which is go Pharah, flank, and blow everyone up because the rest of my team is too scared to walk through a doorway and refuses to switch characters.

That said, what's the best way to deal with a 2x Winston comp?

5x Winston 1x Mercy

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
How do I get rid of the chat window? The last couple messages just sit there and I'm trying to record some sick Q pressin!

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

EMC posted:

Tracer

Looks like someone got dunked by the aviators.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

1 foot = 360 degrees just sounds and seemed like a recipe for arm or shoulder strain the times I've tried it but I don't really understand ergonomics very well :shrug:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Set your mouse turn distance to your IRL turn distance, get a circular desk with a VR headset and a swivel chair

Shadalator
Oct 22, 2005

I hate her so much. Vince could've married some young hot gold digger, bought her everything she ever wanted, and still saved tens of millions of dollars. Instead he married an old dumb zombie woman who kicked JR in the nuts. What a bitch
It's the drastic change people make with sensitivity. If you wanna lower it by a ton, knock it down slowly over a week. Instead of playing in mud

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Kelp Plankton posted:

Set your mouse turn distance to your IRL turn distance, get a circular desk with a VR headset and a swivel chair

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Regalingualius posted:

5x Winston 1x Mercy

Hi there!
Hi there!
Hi there!
Hi there!
Hi there!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Ciaphas posted:

1 foot = 360 degrees just sounds and seemed like a recipe for arm or shoulder strain the times I've tried it but I don't really understand ergonomics very well :shrug:

Have you ever played sports in your life or done any manual labor or anything

Because moving a mouse that weighs like a quarter of a pound 12 inches is one of the least physically intense things you can do with your body

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kelp Plankton posted:

Build yourself one of them flight simulator cockpits and only play D.Va.

METATERREN
Jul 3, 2015

I enjoy putting things in my mouth.
Streaming looking forward to seeing U THERE

Come on in

https://www.twitch.tv/night77777

p.s. stream running great

p.p.s. let me carpal tunnel 4 u

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Your Computer posted:

Build yourself one of them flight simulator cockpits and only play D.Va.

finally, a way to make d.va actually perform worse

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Brannock posted:

Have you ever played sports in your life or done any manual labor or anything

Because moving a mouse that weighs like a quarter of a pound 12 inches is one of the least physically intense things you can do with your body

I think they are talking about RSI

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Countblanc posted:

finally, a way to make d.va actually perform worse

"I'm in"

*runs into the well instantly while testing controls*

"gently caress"

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You guys with the big league sensitivity and the godlike desk space using claw grip or palm grip?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

You guys with the big league sensitivity and the godlike desk space using claw grip or palm grip?

I cut out the middle man and replaced my hand with a mouse

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I would like to say I am improving at this game with practice, but I may be getting worse

I did win another mercy 1v1 against a mcree I can only assume was having a gran mal seizure at the time

Brannock posted:

Dying in one second shouldn't be possible. Just LOOK at him mow down my entire team walking up around this corner one by one!

Why would I play something this broken and boring when I could play fun heroes like Mei and Hanzo?

man I had no idea you were such a tremendous dickhead outside of Packerchat, this thread has dropped the scales from my eyes :(

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
With sensitivity the advice I've always given is play at a comfortable level for a while, then lower it by a points. You'll barely notice a difference in movement but you will be much better.

It also helps to think of Bastion players as what they are: A bunch of people who have spent $40, or $60 with the Meadow skin, to sit in a corner and press M1. Money extremely well spent, I feel.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 25, 2016

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ddraig posted:

With sensitivity the advice I've always given is play at a comfortable level for a while, then lower it by a points. You'll barely notice a difference in movement but you will be much better.

Sounds good - I was trying to do a ten inch setup and I was going crazy with my arm hitting the edge of the desk just practicing on the target bots

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Does Blizzard have a return policy like Steam and Origin? Not sure this game is for me but it would be cool if I could try it.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

SeANMcBAY posted:

Does Blizzard have a return policy like Steam and Origin? Not sure this game is for me but it would be cool if I could try it.

Nope, there was the open beta earlier but yeah I know a few people that missed it due to just random things.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Jeza posted:

I think they are talking about RSI

Yeah I figured but I work with a mouse and keyboard for a living and my main hobby outside work is PC gaming and I've never had issues with RSI or anything. Is he gripping the mouse super hard or something? Use a loose grip and don't tense up. Make sure your arms are properly aligned with the desk and you're in a good posture.

If anything repeated rapid small movements with your wrist or fingers are more likely to trigger RSI than broad elbow/shoulder-oriented movements, especially since it's much harder to be precise with quick small movements than it is to be precise with a big sweep

They teach you to draw from the elbow/shoulder in drawing classes for very similar reasons

Soothing Vapors posted:

man I had no idea you were such a tremendous dickhead outside of Packerchat, this thread has dropped the scales from my eyes :(

Mocking silly opinions is powerful and good, and this game generates an astonishing amount of silly opinions

I think you're misreading my posts though, or else reading too much meanness in them. I invite you to click the [?] to the left of this post and judge for yourself

SeANMcBAY posted:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/termsofsale.html

edit: This is from several years ago but I refunded Diablo 3 after realizing that the release version of it was horrible and didn't have a problem doing so

Brannock fucked around with this message at 02:07 on May 25, 2016

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
What's a good counter for Roadhog? Played against a team with 2 and they shut us down.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

LoG posted:

What's a good counter for Roadhog? Played against a team with 2 and they shut us down.

characters with weapons

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

LoG posted:

A flanking Mei.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

LoG posted:

The buddy system. Roadhog can only really get kills 1v1, and he takes longer to do it than McCree, so hang out with someone else and go kill Roadhog while he's hooking your buddy.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

LoG posted:

McCree, Soldier 76, Widowmaker, Zenyatta, Zarya... anyone who can do damage.

Roadhog has a ton of health but he's also very slow, has a huge hitbox, and doesn't have any means of escape if you decide to unload on him. He also feeds ult to the enemy team like nobody else.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Roadhog is great because he feeds your team ult charge like no tomorrow. He's a big piñata and everyone's invited to the party

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

LoG posted:

Reaper, McCree.

Can't miss a shot.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Happy that I bought this game. It's really good.

Junkrat is my duuuuuuuude.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Next hero in the game should be both a tank and a healer at the same time since half of the pub matches Im in seem to lack both and I can only be one role at a time.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Zarya is pretty good against RH because her shield can deny/block his hook fairly handily. Also, he's a really easy target to hit.

When i'm playing Roadhog I also hate going up against Mei in close quarters but that might just be me being bad.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Next hero in the game should be both a tank and a healer at the same time since half of the pub matches Im in seem to lack both and I can only be one role at a time.

Lucio is pretty good at healing and "evasion" tanking

Arrrthritis posted:

When i'm playing Roadhog I also hate going up against Mei in close quarters but that might just be me being bad.

Every hero hates going up against Mei in close quarters

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah after the tips last night I am doing a lot better as McCree.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Torbjörn gives his allies 75 armor, and when his ult is going he's really difficult to take down

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
In the closed beta, I got the best zenyatta skin. I was sad my luck would mean I'd never see it again.

In the open beta, I got it again. I was double sad I'd completely exhausted my luck.

At the end of the first day of release, I decided to get 1 more level, 1 more loot box before bed.

I may never get another cool thing in my overwatch career, but at least now I know I could have won the lottery, but instead exhausted my luck on cool ball chucking robot men.

:getin: :roboluv:

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

Rirse posted:

Yeah after the tips last night I am doing a lot better as McCree.

Goons helping goons.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Arrrthritis posted:

Zarya is pretty good against RH because her shield can deny/block his hook fairly handily. Also, he's a really easy target to hit.

Its alittle rough when enemies are TOO close to you as roadhog if you're not super accurate and twitchy. Gotta make those shots count and quick.

Hit detection with Zarya's primary feels weird to me, its like the collision is drat tight or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
This thread moves entirely too loving fast, so sorry if this has been posted already.

This game is loving fun.