Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014
Dead demons dededededededestruction hasn't updated in a while. has it been licensed in America or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Weird, I was just about to post about that too...wondering how that's been? I'm a pretty big Inio Asano fan and it had some cool stuff and laughs but I kind of fell out of it a while back so I was looking to rereading and catching back up...not if it's slowed down on updates though
it didn't really grab me like his other series, funny fat slob brother guy and the various amusing & cute stuff aside, but I'm always willing to give that dude the benefit of the doubt.

coathat
May 21, 2007

It's on hiatus. He releases the chapters in a bunch and then takes a couple of months drawing the next batch.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Good new manga by the guy who did Ultra Heaven http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/astroid-r18885

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

My feel when there's a new Keiichi Koike comic and batoto won't load half of it

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014
I've been digging The Ancient Magus Bride. It's cute if you are willing to look past the whole buying a girl thing.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

coathat posted:

Good new manga by the guy who did Ultra Heaven http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/astroid-r18885

they uploaded his one shot shadowman too, which i thought was decent

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I think the children in chapter 6 of Fire Punch are going to be raped by dogs, given the content of the story so far. People throw around edgy a lot but it really does apply to that manga

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Relin posted:

I think the children in chapter 6 of Fire Punch are going to be raped by dogs, given the content of the story so far. People throw around edgy a lot but it really does apply to that manga

its a bad manga. bad art w/ bad epic grimdark story

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014
Humans are worthless

I'm 16

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Relin posted:

It's funny reading all the comments that are like "man this series is so amazing it totally isn't for kids." I mean, I'm sure I may have written something similar when I was 15, but it's still funny. I tried reading that series and it is almost comically grimdark. I also like the implication that someone being on fire for over 5 years would make them a hardcore badass instead of just causing them to become catatonic.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
the only way the story could be redeemed is if the author thinks of more creative ways to give the MC more super powers (and if there's no dog rape)

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
In more heartwarming and non-grimdark news, we have the first new chapter of Ojojojo in almost a year and a half.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Did maoyuu maou yuusha get picked up officially somewhere?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That'd be pretty cool. The reason it's so sporadically updated is apparently because the economics side of things is kind of hard to translate.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wow holy poo poo, the new I am a hero

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/I-Am-a-Hero/Vol-019-Ch-217?id=274820

I really like the direction it's taken, this cosmic/body horror angle is really intriguing.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Captain Invictus posted:

That'd be pretty cool. The reason it's so sporadically updated is apparently because the economics side of things is kind of hard to translate.

Yeah i'm asking because I looked to see if there were any updates that i missed or when the last one was and it looked like most of the major scanlation sites didnt have anything past volume 2. Large takedowns make me think licensing issues.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Here you go http://global.bookwalker.jp/series/21530/

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hah, I never noticed that Demon Queen had collated paperwork in her non-outstretched hand on the original cover.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Thanks!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I finally got around to re-reading Dorohedoro. There's only one thing I'm not sure if I understand. Am I correct in assuming that Aikawa/Kaiman/the Boss's multiple heads thing is the result of the surgery he had Kasukabe perform? Or is it the result of his head/upper torso being submerged in the Hole's sludge for a long time? Or maybe both? Otherwise everything that was a little confusing the first time through has been much clearer this time around, primarily the stuff involving Risu/Curse and how Kaiman and his lizard head came into existence. I also like how literally everyone except for some of the Hole humans (like Thirteen and Kasukabe's assistant doctor) are complete sociopaths who seem to place no value on the life of anyone other than their own friends/family.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
I don't think it's explicitly pointed out but yeah Ai was operated on using the bodies of eight magic users, so eight corpses + the living host = a nine headed hydra. The main source of parts was a magic user with 'substance-increasing' magic which i think is supposed to explain how Ai got so tall after his magic was awakened. The actual mechanics of the whole Ai/Aikawa/Kaiman situation aren't really understandable, like how the cut-off Kaiman head was able to awaken as Aikawa and lose his eye-crosses, but the reasons he has such magic is in the story.

And yeah, Dorohedoro has a tone I can only describe as 'Whimsical Ultra-Violence'. It's also one of the few seinen mangas I know of created by a woman, which I think also leads to feeling really different from most other stories.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Invictus posted:

Wow holy poo poo, the new I am a hero

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/I-Am-a-Hero/Vol-019-Ch-217?id=274820

I really like the direction it's taken, this cosmic/body horror angle is really intriguing.

It's pretty drat great, and the Spanish is top-notch. It's so weird to see manga with that kind of attention to detail.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Scrree posted:

The actual mechanics of the whole Ai/Aikawa/Kaiman situation aren't really understandable, like how the cut-off Kaiman head was able to awaken as Aikawa and lose his eye-crosses, but the reasons he has such magic is in the story.[/spoiler]

I'm still not totally caught up to the current chapter, but if you're referring to the formaldehyde Kaiman head regenerating, I'm assuming that hasn't really been explained yet? I was kinda guessing that maybe Kikurage randomly did it for some reason, since that's the only explained mechanism by which I could see such a thing happening (though I've been under the impression Kikurage has been with Ebisu this whole time).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, reading the more recent volumes(a chapter into volume 15 now) of Maoyu and it's really shocking how good it is still. The 300,000-man army invading the spirit world has been the elephant in the room for so long, it's great to see it finally actually be focused on properly. And the "new" hero is super rad, what a badass. Real sad Duke Silver Tiger was killed though, he was one of my favorite characters in the series, both as a person and his design.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Somali-to-Mori-no-Kami-sama

just started reading this manga, its pretty drat good!

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I haven't seen this mentioned here, so sorry if I'm blind and this is old news, but...

Dark Horse has licensed I Am A Hero and the first volume is coming out soon!

I almost had a stroke when I saw that. Good job DH and congrats for publishing quality comics for 30 years!

Edit: so it came out last month? How the hell did I miss this? Goddamn.

Laputanmachine fucked around with this message at 12:44 on May 28, 2016

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Latest scanlation of Hi-Score Girl.

Dammit, now I'm super conflicted about this match.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Laputanmachine posted:

I haven't seen this mentioned here, so sorry if I'm blind and this is old news, but...

Dark Horse has licensed I Am A Hero and the first volume is coming out soon!

I almost had a stroke when I saw that. Good job DH and congrats for publishing quality comics for 30 years!

Edit: so it came out last month? How the hell did I miss this? Goddamn.

even better, they're doing two-in-ones, so that first volume is 20 bucks for volumes one and two of the original manga, and the next omnibus comes in october

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Captain Invictus posted:

knifedog does not make up for 100+ monthly-length chapters of nonsense culminating in a literal penis cannon + space vagina ending

this sounds fuckin awesome i need a link to this series

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The absurd ending is not worth the length of it by far, man

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Captain Invictus posted:

The absurd ending is not worth the length of it by far, man

Whatever man you're not my dad

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Literally The Worst posted:

this sounds fuckin awesome i need a link to this series
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Eden-It-s-an-Endless-World
I'd add that it's bad as well but then again I barely remember anything other than celestial genitalia and a loving knifedog so those are worthwhile memories

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I remember the short haired prostitute being an actually decent character and is brought back after her character arc is satisfyingly completed for the express purpose of brutally, brutally murdering her

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Somali-to-Mori-no-Kami-sama

just started reading this manga, its pretty drat good!

Dad manga thread is that way: -->>

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...

jwang posted:

Latest scanlation of Hi-Score Girl.

Dammit, now I'm super conflicted about this match.

Me too. I hope the next chapter comes quick

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I feel so bad for Koharu. While "second girl (or guy in shoujo manga) who you know the MC won't end up with and usually exists to help with the MC's character development" characters are always kind of depressing, Koharu is exceptionally so because she has put so much effort into becoming someone who the MC would be interested in. That being said, overall I guess Oono would be preferable mostly because she has literally nothing positive in her life other than her relationship with the MC, so it would just be too pitiful if things didn't work out between them.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I just finished liar game and :wtc: was that ending

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

TWIST FIST posted:

I just finished liar game and :wtc: was that ending

Imagine having to wait that hiatus out just for that crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
How did it end? I got a ways through it and got bored, but I'm curious how it wrapped up.