Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I thought the Pulsar Skate was supposed to look like a manta ray. That's not what I pictured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
So has everyone registered their Yavin lists?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Me vs. Finster is starting now.

goonxwing:lljk

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Some Numbers posted:

I thought the Pulsar Skate was supposed to look like a manta ray. That's not what I pictured.

Supposed to and what a drunk unpaid artist came up with are very different apparently :v:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Well I feel they did great with the Raider, so I feel its time FFG just makes new poo poo for Scum. Probably going Mando is the right direction, both because a lot of people are into them, and because the StarViper rules design wise.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Chemmy over Finster 64-0 (we kept time!)

I was trying to set up a bump early and guessed the wrong side, but Soontir ran into my other ship over there and ate a Proton Rocket real early. From there we traded shots and I lost the shields on Ryad and my Inquisitor, but Omega Leader was untouched and I ground down the shuttle. As we ended Finster was making a valiant stand with his Ryad who was down to two hull.

This asteroid collision also happened, as ConfusedUs put it "right on the middle finger of that rock".

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Chemmy posted:

Chemmy over Finster 64-0 (we kept time!)

I was trying to set up a bump early and guessed the wrong side, but Soontir ran into my other ship over there and ate a Proton Rocket real early. From there we traded shots and I lost the shields on Ryad and my Inquisitor, but Omega Leader was untouched and I ground down the shuttle. As we ended Finster was making a valiant stand with his Ryad who was down to two hull.

This asteroid collision also happened, as ConfusedUs put it "right on the middle finger of that rock".

Cheeky rock.

Also, I thought the Wild Karrde was a space yacht.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
That's the Lady Luck. Lando's ship.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

bunnyofdoom posted:

That's the Lady Luck. Lando's ship.

So clearly Scum Lando and Scum Han need to be added.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Eimi posted:

Well I feel they did great with the Raider, so I feel its time FFG just makes new poo poo for Scum. Probably going Mando is the right direction, both because a lot of people are into them, and because the StarViper rules design wise.

Ya they need to either make up their own, commission one or get Disney to create one. Alternatively they could just wait it out until something cool gets made for Rebels or use something that shows up in Rogue One since nobody is chomping at the bit for more Epic.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.
My buddies and I are doing a thing where we each build a squadron from each faction and then we choose which squad our opponent will play against us.I don't want to go whole-ham meta by bringing stuff like Palp-Aces, Chirpy/Whisper, or Triple Scout.

I've settled on my Imperial and Rebel lists, but don't know where to go with scum. I've come up with this so far:

I don't know what I'm doing with scum posted:

Contracted Scout (34)
JumpMaster 5000 (25), Proton Torpedoes (4), Extra Munitions (2), R4 Agromech (2), Deadeye (1), Guidance Chips (0)

Zuckuss (31)
G-1A Starfighter (28), 4-LOM (1), Electronic Baffle (1), Mist Hunter (0), Tractor beam (1)

Total: 65 points

I don't know where to go from here at all. Nothing looks good when I plug it into a builder. Help me goons.

Also, if it matters, here's the Imperial and Rebel lists I've settled on:

Dumb Rebel List posted:

Blue Squadron Novice (25) x 4
T-70 X-Wing (24), R2 Astromech (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Total 100 points

Empire's Bargain Basement posted:

The Inquisitor (28)
TIE Advanced Prototype (25), TIE/v1 (1), Autothrusters (2)

“Omega Leader” (26)
TIE/fo Fighter (21), Comm Relay (3), Juke (2)

Black Squadron Pilot (15) x 3
TIE Fighter (14), Crack Shot (1)

Total: 99 points

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Brunas posted:

Hey Talas, any particularly good time for you to play? I'm free starting tomorrow basically, and on EST/EDT.

I'm free tomorrow night at 10pm CST, I'll let you know if there's any change.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
Hey any Curio Cavern goons should shoot me a PM to let me know who you are so I can say hey in person next week without going "STAIRS!?!" at everyone like a weirdo.

I was the dude playing Brobots b t dubs.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Talas posted:

I'm free tomorrow night at 10pm CST, I'll let you know if there's any change.

Sounds good!

Jopoho
Feb 17, 2012
Just got into this game and played my first match ever tonight. Had a ton of fun trying to re-create the b-wing's debut from the Rebels cartoon.

Thought I did an OK job predicting enemy flight paths by the end. Did a less great job avoiding asteroids. Thought I was pretty hot stuff when I blocked my opponent's Corran, only to remember he wasn't able to attack that turn thanks to his double tap. We had to call it early, but considering he flew Poe clean off the table I was in a pretty good position for a win.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Starwar, in scrolling schematic format:
http://swanh.net/

No one will blame you for scrolling to the Death Star Battle, when it starts to get fun.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I really like the look of this list:

TAP/VESSERY

99 points

PILOTS

Baron of the Empire (21) x 3
TIE Advanced Prototype (19), Crack Shot (1), TIE/v1 (1)

Colonel Vessery (36)
TIE Defender (35), Tractor beam (1), TIE/D (0)

The extra point can be used either on VI or TIE Mk II for Vessery. Synergies well: the Barons with crackshot are an actual threat beyond just using the tractor beam on them, TIE/v1 works nicely because you want those TLs for Vessery anyway, and you get the boost of the Barons being a bit more survivable. I think this will probably work better than 3 or 4 FOs when Imp Vets comes out. Also Tractor + Crack Shot is just nasty as hell.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Strobe versus Aramoro is going to kick off in the next little while. I'm setting up the room now.

Room: Strobe versus Aramoro
Password: goons

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Continuing into Strobe vs overdesigned (exhibition), same name and password because I'm lazy.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal

thespaceinvader posted:

So has everyone registered their Yavin lists?

I still need to do that. I've been umming and erring over whether to take off Extra Munitions from my Bomber for a 2pt initiative bid, but I think I'm honestly going to stick with the following:

Juno Eclipse (30)
TIE Advanced (28), TIE/x1 (0), Veteran Instincts (1), Advanced Targeting Computer (5)

Gamma Squadron Pilot (26)
TIE Bomber (18), Proton Torpedoes (4), Extra Munitions (2), Seismic Charges (2), Guidance Chips (0)

Avenger Squadron Pilot (22) x 2
TIE Interceptor (20), Autothrusters (2)

The lack of initiative bid will hurt against opponents who are really depending on the PS10, but a bid of 2 probably wouldn't help against them anyway. I'm not going to place highly, but that was never going to happen anyway. Juno is pretty much my bag as far as ace hunters go, and I've had decent success with it in my four-person meta, while still being fun to play. Plus, it has the added advantage of being Not A Popular List, so I know the person across the table will probably like seeing it rather than the usual suspects.

The sillier aspect of the trip is going to be that I'm going to commute in. This is a terrible plan, but will save me money and Birmingham is only an hour up the M40, so hey.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Strobe posted:

Continuing into Strobe vs overdesigned (exhibition), same name and password because I'm lazy.

How'd the game go?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Chemmy posted:

How'd the game go?

100-0 my favor. Serissu died on the first turn of combat and never fired, Talonbane shot once and did a damage (I think?) and then exploded, and Aramoro conceded when Guri took a couple hits and had three X-wings (two of which still had shields) to deal with.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Strobe posted:

Aramoro conceded when Guri took a couple hits and had three X-wings (two of which still had shields) to deal with.

I know that feeling.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
If it's any consolation I ripped him up in the follow-on exhibition game. Only lost one Z! :getin:

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

overdesigned posted:

If it's any consolation I ripped him up in the follow-on exhibition game. Only lost one Z! :getin:

What was your list? I think his Wes Janson and PS 9/10/10 list is pretty much a hard counter to my normal lineup of three mini aces.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Ghost/Shuttle/Z/Z in some configuration. Coincidentally, I learned that TTS chugs hard while spectating X-Wing for some reason. Some Numbers may have to do the recording when we start casting stuff.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

100 points:
Lothal Rebel
+Nien Nunb
+Zeb Orrelios
+Reinforced Deflectors
+Autoblaster Turret
+Engine Upgrade
+Ghost

Ezra Bridger
+Hera Syndulla
+Wired

Bandit Sqd Pilot
+Concussion Missiles
+Guidance Chips

Bandit Sqd Pilot
+Concussion Missiles
+Guidance Chips

His Wes kept stripping tokens so I never got the missiles off, but the Rebel and Ezra did the lord's work causing bumps and general hell.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Chemmy posted:

What was your list? I think his Wes Janson and PS 9/10/10 list is pretty much a hard counter to my normal lineup of three mini aces.

He was running a Lothal with Enhanced Deflectors, AB, Zeb, Engine, and title, Ezra in the Phantom with Hera, Wired, and... something else, and then two Bandits with Concussions and Guidance Chips.

I think Enhanced Deflectors is the thing that hurt me most, because it blocked no fewer than two crits that might have made a significant difference. As was, neither Z fired, but Wes wasn't able to actually shoot down the second one, and Luke's evades went cold on the last turn in the face of eight hits. Should have expected that one, since Wedge rolled 10 consecutive evades to start the game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Corbeau posted:

Ghost/Shuttle/Z/Z in some configuration. Coincidentally, I learned that TTS chugs hard while spectating X-Wing for some reason. Some Numbers may have to do the recording when we start casting stuff.

If people would play at any time I'm not at work, I could test this.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I've registered for the Yavin open, not sure about my list though :(

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Chemmy posted:

I know that feeling.

Yeah I had a poor list and played poorly really. hung Serrisu up in a sliver of debris then rolled some really cold evade dice. It was a fine game but not a fun one I would say. Onto the next one.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It didn't help that my list is basically death to any list that can be described as "three small-base ships". Sorry you didn't have much fun with it. :(

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Nearly done with this FO Interceptor and pleased with how it compares to the TIE FO. Just gotta get the red tinted canopy, I think...

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Corbeau posted:

Nearly done with this FO Interceptor and pleased with how it compares to the TIE FO. Just gotta get the red tinted canopy, I think...

Very nice, I actually hadn't thought about doing an interceptor with the FO theme, but I like it - looks quite good. Definitely post some shots of it when you've finished the canopy!

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Corbeau posted:

That legitimately looks fantastic, you should be hyped.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
As a prize for a tourney recently there was an immaculately painted F/O squad. Two interceptors and a defender. I didn't win the raffle for them though :(

They look really good...

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

:siren: HAPPENING :siren:

Talas and I are playing, imperial assholes vs AAAY

"brunas's birthday boat"
password SA

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

kingcom posted:

That legitimately looks fantastic, you should be hyped.

I am. :getin:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Anyone ever play epic? I have the Raider and Gozanti, and want to get some use out of them.

Any good load outs for those? Any other recommendations for imperial epic play?

Assume I have a boatload of TIEs, three interceptors, and 1-2 of every other small imperial ship. One shuttle and one Decimator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

Anyone ever play epic? I have the Raider and Gozanti, and want to get some use out of them.

Any good load outs for those? Any other recommendations for imperial epic play?

Assume I have a boatload of TIEs, three interceptors, and 1-2 of every other small imperial ship. One shuttle and one Decimator

Honestly? I wouldn't, epic takes... a very long time. The epic ships are pretty much just bad, outside of like 250 rebel corvette builds that are janky. If you want to win as imperials, I'd just take as many tie fighters as you can fit into a list (12x12 for 144, 10 fos for 150?). Just for fun, take whatever! I played 7 advanced and a raider, it was pretty fun, but mostly bad.

For the raider, the only secondary weapon worth having is single turbolasers. Just max out on those and bring jonus and the mod that gives extra energy or a reinforce token. Then bring ships that can do damage to higher agility ships.

For the corvette, you still only want single turbolasers, but you want to bring esege next to with a recon spec to use the focus tokens, as well as roark to shoot your bullshit at ps12. You want weapons engineer and sensor teams, as well as either gunner or luke skywalker. Basically just blow your load, miss the last single turbolaser shot on purpose to get another 5 dice primary with mini focus from luke. It's devastating, and also like 200 points. You will legitimately PS kill almost half of an epic list in two rounds of shooting with this.

Lastly, 12 tlts or 6 uboats + 4 tlts.

Epic pretty much always devolves into stupid jank, so I wouldn't bother trying to play "competitively".

• Locked thread