Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feller
Jul 5, 2006

trash for idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

nah j/k fargo is amazing

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Well poo poo, guess I need to start watching Fargo, then!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Using Fargo is cheating.

It's almost TOO good :stare:

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Fargo must be really good because I get the feeling everyone was thinking "I can't wait to see what this idiot comes up with. I'll nitpick it to death like he does with GoT to prove a point." and then "Oh poo poo, he said Fargo. :( "

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It would be hilarious if now he posts "I haven't actually seen Fargo."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Fargo must be really good because I get the feeling everyone was thinking "I can't wait to see what this idiot comes up with. I'll nitpick it to death like he does with GoT to prove a point." and then "Oh poo poo, he said Fargo. :( "

Nitpicking to death is the other side mate.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Fargo is amazing. Both seasons which is even more impressive since each storyline is unique and has almost nothing to do with the other.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Can someone link me to that photoshop of Gendry and all of the other forgotten characters/plot points?

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Season 1 is maaaaybe on the level of thrones. Season 2 is "horrible writing" (thats what we say when we dont like a show right?)

So thats one season of ONE show . Feel like since thrones is soooooo bad you could easily rattle off a dozen.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I really liked both seasons of Fargo. But then again i also like all of game of thrones so I'm probably an idiot

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jack Gladney posted:

Was Oberon the best character? I liked him and Tywin best. Not overstaying things seems like a good way to be an awesome character.

Drogo for life.

edit: Ser Pounce.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

kiimo posted:

Drogo for life.

Drogo was cool. Drogo was badass. Drogo died when he let himself get cut and the wound festered. gently caress Drogo.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Haha. Okay. gently caress Drogo. The only allowable ones are the ones who are still alive and just not on the show anymore. So Hot Pie. I'm already on record for he being the last character to die.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What happened to that guy with no tongue? I thought maybe he would do something someday but alas, no callback for him. My other callback hopeful was that guy who got sent to die by being drowned with wine before Sansa saved him, and then he got arrowed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jack Gladney posted:

What happened to that guy with no tongue?

I think the actor got cancer, didn't he?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Jerusalem posted:

I think the actor got cancer, didn't he?
He got better, actually. :unsmith:

The poster may have meant the bard who had his tongue cut out on Joffrey's order for singing a disrespectful song about King Robert, though. I don't think that guy ever was seen again. Come to think of it he probably didn't mean him at all, but who knows!

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 25, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
He got better, but Bronn got his role as Jaime's sidekick.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jack Gladney posted:

What happened to that guy with no tongue? I thought maybe he would do something someday but alas, no callback for him.

He got cancer and was told he had a few months left to live. Out of respect (probably), they didnt replace him or kill him off, instead saying his character is alive offscreen. After like twice the deadline of his remaining days had passed, the actor still wasnt dead. Turns out the terminal cancer wasnt all that terminal and he's currently recovering from massive (but successful) surgery!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's really awesome, I kinda half-thought maybe he might have died :unsmith:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jack Gladney posted:

Was Oberon the best character? I liked him and Tywin best. Not overstaying things seems like a good way to be an awesome character.

Easily two of my favorite characters. Tywin was an rear end in a top hat but he knew how to play the game, and Oberyn was just drat cool.

Both played by pretty good actors.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

:lol:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

TheRat posted:

He got cancer and was told he had a few months left to live. Out of respect (probably), they didnt replace him or kill him off, instead saying his character is alive offscreen. After like twice the deadline of his remaining days had passed, the actor still wasnt dead. Turns out the terminal cancer wasnt all that terminal and he's currently recovering from massive (but successful) surgery!

He is no longer ill 'n' pain.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 25, 2016

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

tao of lmao posted:

pages of food as far as the eye can see

and then there will be a breastplate with nipples and the nipples will prove to be super useful for something involving a key plot line

subverted again!

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

He is no longer ill 'n' pain.

Nice.

the heebie-gbs
Apr 23, 2007

♫ twerrrmmmmm ♫
       /
:sax:

Zaphod42 posted:

Bran never left the present/future. He was remote-controlling the past while still being in the present. Trying to control present-hodor while he was already still in the middle of viewing the past meant he accidentally controlled both future and past hodor. That's all.

Its like, imagine you made a phone call to another country. And there's a guy near you named Bob and a guy on the other end of the phone in the other country named Bob, and you yell "HEY BOB DO A THING" and both Bobs do the thing because they both hear you and neither is sure who you're talking to. :shrug:

this is p much exactly how i parsed the whole thing

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
This might have already been said, but an episode ago Baelish said something like, "it's time fro the Knights of the Vale to join the fray", but considering his supposed news about the Blackfish at Riverrun, maybe Baelish meant "Join The Frey" and is planning to trap Sansa with yet another group of people that murdered her family?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Were the Starks always the dumbest family?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The Greyjoys are definitely dumber

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Maarak posted:

This might have already been said, but an episode ago Baelish said something like, "it's time fro the Knights of the Vale to join the fray", but considering his supposed news about the Blackfish at Riverrun, maybe Baelish meant "Join The Frey" and is planning to trap Sansa with yet another group of people that murdered her family?

Could be.

The Duggler posted:

Were the Starks always the dumbest family?

Lol, I laughed pretty hard at the depiction of Ned Stark in the play. "Whats that mean?" :downs: "I'm starting to think you can't be trusted!"

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Littlefinger is already Lord of the Riverlands. He has no reason to make some kind of play for the Frey's support, they are already under his authority. It was a literal statement.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Haha. Okay. gently caress Drogo. The only allowable ones are the ones who are still alive and just not on the show anymore.

Syrio!!!

Also Bronn. Does Bronn count.

Where is Bronn

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
There are deleted scenes of Torienne.

There is a deleted Torienne scene where Sansa teases Brienne about Tormund.

I don't mind - this goes on the 'less is more' pile for me - but we're getting those in the extras, right?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ross Angeles posted:

Syrio!!!

Where is Bronn

Knee-deep in bad poosay.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
fargo is navel-gazing the tv show and actually a pretty good barometer of how bad someone's taste in tv is

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Ross Angeles posted:

Syrio!!!

Where is Bronn

Frozen out due to Lena Headey hating his guts, apparently. Might join in on "Jaime's wild Riverland ride" if/when that happens.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

sticklefifer posted:

I feel like the Waif is too smug and enjoys loving with Arya too much to be one of the Faceless Men. Her attitude doesn't seem in keeping with the whole "a girl is no one and has no desires" mentality. I feel like Jaqen should be more like "hey, gently caress you, we don't do that here" to her.

But by the same token, Jaqen is way soft on Arya. The Waif is actually way more objective. One of the Faceless had to die because of Arya's gently caress up, and she's still not really no one. They should've been rid of her long ago, but Jaqen keeps giving her chances.

Also, I wonder if the Jaqen and Waif faces are the temple faces right now because they were recently used out in the world and need to keep a low profile.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Well, she did save his life.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jaqen does owe her his life after all.

Well, I guess to be exact he paid that debt back but still. You know. Back when he was cool and fun.

edit: beaten like blind Arya

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

OAquinas posted:

Frozen out due to Lena Headey hating his guts, apparently. Might join in on "Jaime's wild Riverland ride" if/when that happens.

OAquinas posted:

I knew they hated each other but is there really any truth to her causing him not to appear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

omg chael crash posted:

I knew they hated each other but is there really any truth to her causing him not to appear?
Of course not. They have managed to avoid each other for years since the beginning of the show. They are professionals.

Bronn hasn't appeared simply because there has been nothing for him to do. So, he's been sitting in the Supporting Characters Closet, and he will continue to do so until such time as he's needed.

• Locked thread