Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Lord Koth posted:

double edit: Wait, they're adding strafing allied planes to the TK criterion? Hahahaha, what? Has anyone ever had an issue with people doing this out of spite? It's a completely legitimate tactic depending on CV matchups, and they're actually penalizing it? Wow.

That is dumb. Having an allied carrier engage the enemy fighters with theirs, especially if they can get 2 enemy squads engaging their one, and then strafing over the engagement was a great way to clean up enemy fighters, especially if you are stuck in a 2x IJN vs 2x US carrier match where your fighters are outnumbered and outgunned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

FYI those IJN torp changes are no longer listed in the patch notes.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Khisanth Magus posted:

That is dumb. Having an allied carrier engage the enemy fighters with theirs, especially if they can get 2 enemy squads engaging their one, and then strafing over the engagement was a great way to clean up enemy fighters, especially if you are stuck in a 2x IJN vs 2x US carrier match where your fighters are outnumbered and outgunned.

:wargaming:. Someone please make this smiley.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Vorkosigan posted:

Update 0.5.6 video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiIFV2MDEo0

Looks like most of the things I was going to write into my mod got added:

Nifty indicator showing when you'll be able to fire over land or hit it:

Still missing a name/shiptype text on minimap checkbox.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

blowfish posted:

:wargaming:. Someone please make this smiley.

Jesus, we really do. Its like WG looked at the shima stats and weren't satisfied with watching the winrate dip a little, they wanted to see it tank along with the Fubuki.
And then the other half of WG never got the memo. The supertesters didn't even see this, from what I've heard.

MY FUBUKIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

also seriously, I would laugh if I get TK penalty for strafing my own planes

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 24, 2016

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

El Disco posted:

FYI those IJN torp changes are no longer listed in the patch notes.

From the Patch Note Thread posted:

Owners of Kagero, Shimakaze, you may rest easy. The decision to remove of 20km torps was aborted even before ST, it's just WG EU mistakenly posted older patchnote.

...Which WG NA then just blindly copied. So on the one hand, thank god. On the other hand, sure doesn't inspire much confidence in WG. Seriously, check your drat patch notes before stuff like this ignites a firestorm. Also means these changes WERE planned at some point.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I'm sure there's a ticker in the WG HQ that ticks down every time a dev eats a torp from an IJN DD, and once it reaches 0 a nerf is proposed.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
My doubloons seem to be trickling down unaccountably. I checked all my ships and none of them have auto-resupply enabled for the repair upgrades. Is there something I'm missing?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

MrKatharsis posted:

My doubloons seem to be trickling down unaccountably. I checked all my ships and none of them have auto-resupply enabled for the repair upgrades. Is there something I'm missing?

Camo? You might have a premium one selected.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

BOY I LOVE CARRYING A poo poo TEAM :suicide:

Was using the Nagato. Did 166k damage but the time ran out and we lost by points.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Got the stock Roon and had my first game in it last night.

Burt approval level - :black101: :godwinning:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Burt posted:

Got the stock Roon and had my first game in it last night.

Burt approval level - :black101: :godwinning:

Roon is good. AP all the things.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Bad news: logged in wasted the other night and spent a chunk of my free XP and most of my credits buying the Amagi.
Good news: Hey! The Amagi seems pretty good. Kind of short range though.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Had an interesting win in my Arkansas today. We were down 2 low-health ships to 5 mostly high-health, but we had held 2 caps to 1 most of the match. I told the other guy to hide, gunned down the 9k health New York that was chasing him, then beached myself where they couldn't shoot me and we won on point ticks.

I've been on the other side of that and boy I hope they were mad.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Tirranek posted:

Bad news: logged in wasted the other night and spent a chunk of my free XP and most of my credits buying the Amagi.
Good news: Hey! The Amagi seems pretty good. Kind of short range though.

Short range? That boat is great at basically every range it can hit to. I've said it before, but one more time: The Amagi is the 2nd best boat in the game.

The first is the Kuma ofc

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Hazdoc posted:

Short range? That boat is great at basically every range it can hit to. I've said it before, but one more time: The Amagi is the 2nd best boat in the game.

18km seemed a little short to me after the prior boats is all. Agreed that anything it hits gets slammed pretty hard. Got 3 citadels on a Fuso in one volley, so I reckon it'll be fun. Was only a little bummed out because I was saving to skip the Izumo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Torpedoes aint nothin' but a thing

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Holy poo poo. :eyepop:

Torp dodge of the year.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Another 50mb mod breaking patch, gently caress you very much WG

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I'm excited for the 1930ies modernization of the Furutaka which we get tomorrow.

quote:

Performance characteristics were improved for the top hull.
Hull © was replaced by the new one, with improved performance characteristics:
Her main guns were reinforced: now the ship is equipped with three twin main turrets (3х2) instead of the previous 6х1 arrangement. Now her new twin main turrets are arranged in a more reasonable and conventional way (two forward turrets and one aft turret) and have higher traverse speed
Her torpedo tubes were reinforced: 2х4 instead of the previous 2х3 configuration. The new torpedo tubes reload slower, but they can launch one extra torpedo in each torpedo salvo
New set of AA defences: 2х2 13 mm/76 Type93 Twin, 4x2 25 mm/60 Type96 Twin mod. 1, and 4х1 120 mm/40 10th Year Type mod. B2/C:
The AA damage within the 1 km AA engagement area radius was nullified (from 3 to 0 points)
The average AA damage within the 1.2 km AA engagement area did not change (7 points)
The Average AA damage within the 3.1 km AA engagement area was added (from 0 to 20 points)
The average AA damage within the 4.5 km AA engagement area radius increased by 10 points (from 10 to 20 points)
Hull (В): rudder deflection speed and amount of XP now correspond with hull ©
The hull will now reflect the landmark modernisation of the ship when she had her main gun turrets upgraded. By making this change, we moved the ship a bit closer to later-period Japanese heavy cruisers to better prepare the player for a change in battle tactics.

:dance:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Oh wait no, it was a 50mb patch followed by the full 3gb patch for 0.5.6, carry on

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Literally 4km from two different carriers that I've set on fire, with my torps about to reload, and some pubbie dickbag on my team fires torps too while I'm broadside and hits me, but not any of the carriers, allowing them to get away :argh:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Oh wait no, it was a 50mb patch followed by the full 3gb patch for 0.5.6, carry on

Wait, patch today too? Wargaming is playing with fire to update both tanks and ships at the same time. Then again, modders are going to be burning the midnight oil if they have mods for both.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

JuffoWup posted:

Wait, patch today too? Wargaming is playing with fire to update both tanks and ships at the same time. Then again, modders are going to be burning the midnight oil if they have mods for both.

It's definitely the Botes starter, and it has me on a 3gb patch right now

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

It's definitely the Botes starter, and it has me on a 3gb patch right now

Yup, its the patch.

Update on the nurnberg chatter that was had back when the notes were announced. The new c hull is a side grade option and not required towards the york. Also, as far as I can tell, I got it for free which I guess was given because I already had the upgraded hull? Oh well, win for me. That even includes the cost for the hull.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Getting an unhandled exception error in the Big World client since patching - anybody else having issues?

Is there a 'repair' option anywhere to see if that fixes things?

Or maybe the servers aren't back up yet or something...

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

[eurobeat intensifies]

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Clarence posted:

Getting an unhandled exception error in the Big World client since patching - anybody else having issues?

Is there a 'repair' option anywhere to see if that fixes things?

Or maybe the servers aren't back up yet or something...

Server is up on US. Load up your launcher and click the gear/settings option. It is next to the close/minimize buttons. In the updates tab, there is a button to check file integrity.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
Where's my American Flag camo that I saw in the Dasha video, for my Texas.

Love the minimap.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

blowfish posted:

[eurobeat intensifies]
gently caress, when is he going to post his next video

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Hazdoc posted:

I want to like the Amagi, but for some reason I have a hell of a time getting any citadels. I can get 4-5 per salvo in a Molotov, and did well in the Fuso and Nagato, but with the Amagi I'll get 5 hits on a Konigsberg with his broadside turned to me and do maybe 2500 damage. Just bad luck I suppose. Oddly enough, my best shot in the Amagi so far was on another Amagi when I got 3 citadels in a single Salvo. Never had gotten more than one before in it.

I'm enjoying carriers a lot more than I used to just because there's less RNG with torpedoes than with how shells land.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

blowfish posted:

[eurobeat intensifies]

I wish there was a hotkey that played eurobeat music when dodging torpedoes. If one of them gets you, it could play the record skipping sound.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Great googamooga I would have been thrilled to get through that torp blob with only 1 hit.

Warspite is jawsome.

First game in it, I took the long way around a rock while my turrets swung around and immediately some scrub on my team starts freaking out that "new players shouldnt be able to buy premium ships". I then went and scored 6x as much xp as he did despite being a tier lower.

Warspite question: Accuracy upgrade or Secondary upgrade? I put accuracy in for now (had one in depot) but im thinking maybe after I have enough cap'n xp for AFT I may swap it out for Secondaries.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Did they suddenly make the Furutaka really good, I've been away on the Steel Ocean.

I liked the Taco before it was good, too.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Night10194 posted:

Did they suddenly make the Furutaka really good, I've been away on the Steel Ocean.

I liked the Taco before it was good, too.

Taco's been good for a few patches.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Server is up on US. Load up your launcher and click the gear/settings option. It is next to the close/minimize buttons. In the updates tab, there is a button to check file integrity.

Thanks. It need another 2Gb (!) download. All sorted now and I'm back to being crap.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
I splurged on a Campbeltown and it is just adorable. Like a really playful puppy with razor teeth.

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Touhou levels of grazing.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Stat-Crutch.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

How the ever loving gently caress do I play the Donkey? I don't know if I have been spoiled by the Roon but it just seems to do no damage at all, either with HE or AP. I was sat making GBS threads shells at a broadside Tirpitz and I was getting like 800 per salvo, shooting HE then AP.

I am getting to the point I was in with the chappy, it seems woefully under gunned for tier.