Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

The discrimination against Facebook-account-less people continues!
Don't worry, we can be collateral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That's something the US military has done for a while now, it's just not automated yet.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

That's something the US military has done for a while now, it's just not automated yet.

It's semi-automated.

Been reading "The Assassination Complex" and one of the things that's freaky is that Obama doesn't sign off on drone strikes. He signs off on targets.

So if he signs off on Mr. Target and they miss Mr. Target and blow up some innocent people they don't have to get more authorization. They can just keep blowing stuff up until they kill him.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It's semi-automated.

Been reading "The Assassination Complex" and one of the things that's freaky is that Obama doesn't sign off on drone strikes. He signs off on targets.

So if he signs off on Mr. Target and they miss Mr. Target and blow up some innocent people they don't have to get more authorization. They can just keep blowing stuff up until they kill him.

Well sir, you see, you authorized us to assassinate al-Baghdadi, and I had pretty reliable info that he was hanging out with that guy Jim from accounts receivable that I caught sleeping with my wife, but turns out the intel was bad.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
This is like Shadowrun, except none of us turned into elves or orcs.

We are living in a sci-fi dystopia.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Got invited to a midnight premiere of X-Mans. Not sure if I want to go.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Firstborn posted:

I feel old for saying this but I can not do midnight premieres anymore.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Midnight is a bit of a misnomer, too. It'll probably be closer to 1 AM. If anyone is in the Mandeville or Covington area in Louisiana I could probably bring you with (for free). I hope that isn't against the rules here to mention.

Fake edit: I realize this sounds like a dumb date. I'm not paying for it either and my wife will be there. I don't want to have sex with you.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

MacheteZombie posted:

I feel old for saying this but I can not do midnight premieres anymore.
They're the worst, and the only friends of mine that have any interest at all in comic book movies are the type to do midnight shows. Thus, I never see comic book movies at the theater anymore.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Living on the Best Coast rules because midnight releases are at 7pm these days.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

Midwest here but most big movies just start in the evening on Thursday anyway these days. Like it's totally arbitrary anyway, it's not like new year's eve or something, where you have to wait till 12:01am when you are legally allowed to release the movie.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Guy A. Person posted:

Midwest here but most big movies just start in the evening on Thursday anyway these days.

:hfive: Makes no sense but I'm not complainin'. Got a local theater around here that I can go see a new movie the night before its release date at about 7pm for $7.00 or I have the option of waiting until a time I can go before 5pm for $4.50. In my hometown growing up it was AMC or nothing.w

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Firstborn posted:

I don't want to have sex with you.

Dropped.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Firstborn posted:

Fake edit: I realize this sounds like a dumb date. I'm not paying for it either and my wife will be there. I don't want to have sex with you.
So you just want to watch while your wife has sex with me? Kinky.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
nevermind

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gyges posted:

Only if instead of a baby he's protecting a dingo.

Duh, the baby is inside the dingo.

The woman is mobile.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Detective No. 27 posted:

hell yes

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not sure this video makes the fairest argument in terms of calling out the Russo brothers specifically in contrast with other Marvel directors, but God drat I can't stop laughing at these cuts

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The random closeups are on point.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jenny Angel posted:

I'm not sure this video makes the fairest argument in terms of calling out the Russo brothers specifically in contrast with other Marvel directors, but God drat I can't stop laughing at these cuts

gently caress, this is funny. Love it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Jenny Angel posted:

Extremely fair and deserved IMO

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
The Age of Ultron one is my favorite, it's so bad it wraps back around to good again with the jagged, staccato facial close-ups highlighting a sense of sheer physical awkwardness and alienation. It's on some bizarro Foxcatcher poo poo

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Firstborn posted:

I wouldn't bother seeing it at all, frankly.

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

Because there's ways in which Leto's gaudy shithead Joker could be an effective character -- specifically, in service of pushing the Harley Quinn character forward. Leto Joker being an insane narcissist ex-boyfriend showing up at Harley's workplace to make entirely self-centered trouble would in fact be the perfect realization of the character in a shared cinematic universe. He's a real good foil, in a real specific context. And I suspect he doesn't work very well divorced from that context, and especially not if he's the main reason your butt is supposed to be in the seat.

We'll need to actually see how it goes in Suicide Squad, but it'd be a monumental task to make too many more scenarios where Rich Joker of Instagram is both thematically and cinematically tolerable, rather than just a dipshit.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Swag.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Crion posted:

We'll need to actually see how it goes in Suicide Squad, but it'd be a monumental task to make too many more scenarios where Rich Joker of Instagram is both thematically and cinematically tolerable, rather than just a dipshit.

I don't think it would quite be Pauly Shore Is Dead/Jeff The Killer levels of obnoxiousness but I don't see how it would be so difficult to make the male version of Domino, or a heist movie an Evil Justin Bieber or Bad Banksy or what have you. I just enjoy that it's more and more seeming like Jared Leto is a perfect casting choice, a guy not much younger than Ben Affleck who refuses to act his age or take any of this stuff seriously. Everything designwise so far has been fantastic.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 26, 2016

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

I never got why this became so reviled. Yeah, she looks like she's striking a sexy pose and it comes off unnecessary and a bit awkward, but it's a still image taken mid-movement, you could grab any number of frames from any of the Marvel movies and find awkward looking poses. Is there something more to it?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

I never got why this became so reviled. Yeah, she looks like she's striking a sexy pose and it comes off unnecessary and a bit awkward, but it's a still image taken mid-movement, you could grab any number of frames from any of the Marvel movies and find awkward looking poses. Is there something more to it?

Caaaaaarrrrrrsssssssss

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
People gave it poo poo because it was used as a promotional image despite being a really banal transitional shot

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

feedmyleg posted:

That's a sexy pose?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Hips cocked out to the side is a fairly standard sexy pose, yeah.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Slugworth posted:

Hips cocked out to the side is a fairly standard sexy pose, yeah.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I'm not here to debate the raw sexuality of Mussolini, but he's clearly standing with his hips in line with his shoulders, not saucily shifting his center of mass to the side so that his hips are pronounced. Even if his waist planted hand is trying to say otherwise.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Gyges posted:

I'm not here to debate the raw sexuality of Mussolini, but he's clearly standing with his hips in line with his shoulders, not saucily shifting his center of mass to the side so that his hips are pronounced. Even if his waist planted hand is trying to say otherwise.

OTOH, he's pretty clearly miming a handjob, so it's still a pretty titillating image.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Please keep the Trump posts in D&D

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
woops wrong video/image I meant to post the new Marvel trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9U7mAXcC2Q

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

There's a part in TSPDT top-1000 movie When We Were Kings where George Plimpton compliments Mussolini's appearance while calling Mobutu (and all non-Mussolini dictators) ugly.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Karl Urban teased a "great story arc" for Skurge in Thor: Ragnarok, so really hoping that translates to "we're doing Death of the Executioner."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Karl Urban teased a "great story arc" for Skurge in Thor: Ragnarok, so really hoping that translates to "we're doing Death of the Executioner."

Probably means he'll get 15 minutes of screen time instead of 5.

• Locked thread