Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I got that Huntress skin for Widowmaker that makes her look like an actual person and not Smurfette.
I also got purple currency.

I'd rather have a purple skin and legendary currency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Mouse sensitivity chat. Where are all the settings found for your mouse sensitivity? I am on windows woth a logitech mouse, so from what i can tell its control panel, Logitech software, and in game. Do all these settings do the same thing? Control panel and in game are just labeled sensitivity with either a number scale (in game) or tick marks (control panel) but the Logitech software is showing DPI.

I am a bad nerd and don't know what all this stuff means.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

Well that it is the weird part as my monitor displays at 60hz and this is the only game that locks to a different framerate.

I know A_Seagull said on one of his streams that it caps your FPS at monitor refresh rate + 10, so if you have 60 then it caps at 70, if you have 120 then it caps at 130 etc.

Speaking of which, I've kept my Vsync on because I always get horrible tearing in every game. Is this a bad thing for an FPS? I know tryhards aim for 300 fps or something dumb but does it even matter for a scrub tier casual like me?

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Your Computer posted:

I know A_Seagull said on one of his streams that it caps your FPS at monitor refresh rate + 10, so if you have 60 then it caps at 70, if you have 120 then it caps at 130 etc.

Speaking of which, I've kept my Vsync on because I always get horrible tearing in every game. Is this a bad thing for an FPS? I know tryhards aim for 300 fps or something dumb but does it even matter for a scrub tier casual like me?

The server tick rate is 20 Hz. 60 FPS is fine.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Bone posted:

Speaking of skins, I opened this sweet Reinhardt skin the other day:

can you imagine what this man looks like without his armor on?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Aranan posted:

Mouse sensitivity chat. Where are all the settings found for your mouse sensitivity? I am on windows woth a logitech mouse, so from what i can tell its control panel, Logitech software, and in game. Do all these settings do the same thing? Control panel and in game are just labeled sensitivity with either a number scale (in game) or tick marks (control panel) but the Logitech software is showing DPI.

I am a bad nerd and don't know what all this stuff means.
I use "Logitech Gaming Software" for my G502 to adjust DPI fwiw. But it looks like it's designed specifically for that model; it's got the "G" logo, so maybe it's for all G mice.

Outside of that, I've set my sensitivity to max in Windows, and my OW sensitivity to 28.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Zzulu posted:

he's an enormous grandpa, you can see him in his comic that i can't link to cause i'm at work~

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

exquisite tea posted:

Well that it is the weird part as my monitor displays at 60hz and this is the only game that locks to a different framerate.

it's fps + 10 to avoid tearing if you have vsync off

but there should be an option to set your own cap. blizz is just dumb about some things

emdash fucked around with this message at 14:29 on May 25, 2016

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kerrrrrrr posted:

he's an enormous grandpa, you can see him in his comic that i can't link to cause i'm at work~

Please namechange me to Enormous Grandpa.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What are you supposed to do in the downtime when you're a turret girl and all our turrets are up? Shoot guys? I thought I saw that you could heal your turrets somehow?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Why not? Mercy has a gun too. During the days of "Waiting for Players", I decided to spend the eternal deathmatch as Pistol Mercy. I've been playing her quite a bit recently, and sometimes it's better to just pull out a gun when there's an enemy in your face. In one KotH map I spotted a Reaper teleporting onto the point, so I pulled out my gun and headshot him as soon as he materialized. Never had a chance to move.

If there's an urgent threat to your life which your team isn't noticing or handling, switch to your gun for a second and try to take the enemy out. The healing you're providing will stop if you get killed anyway.

My luck seems to be it's usually a Tracer up in my grill who I just cannot hit, or Mei, who just will not die.

Or an ulting Genji.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Kerrrrrrr posted:

got you fam

https://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/reinhardt-dragon-slayer

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Emalde posted:

As the Mercy player on the receiving end of this much of the time, I'd also like to know the answer :negative:

It's not like Reinhart can really do much to stop them. He has to drop his shield and turn around to protect the healer, and given the role he plays and the positions he tends to take, that's only slightly less bad than the healer using their pistol instead of their heal beams. Besides, Reinhart expects (quite reasonably) his other teammates to be behind his shield and assumes that they will deal with the threat, and his situational awareness is crap anyway since he can't look around without moving the shield too.

Thumbtacks posted:

Just bought this mostly because of peer pressure, but it looks really solid. I put an unheathy amount of hours into TF2 during release, and this looks surprisingly similar, I'm excited for it.

That being said, in TF2 I mostly played Pyro. Looking at the heroes it seems like Mei might be what I'm looking for, I like how she can lock down people and generally be a dick.

Is there anyone that's more Pyro-like that I should be looking at instead?

Mei is absolutely positively the spiritual successor of the Pyro. Genji can play the ambusher Pyro a bit, reflecting people's attacks back at them while murdering them with terrible attacks at close range from behind.

Abu Dave posted:

What are you supposed to do in the downtime when you're a turret girl and all our turrets are up? Shoot guys? I thought I saw that you could heal your turrets somehow?

Shoot guys. Your right-click does heavy damage, has long range, and goes through shields. Your left-click auto-aims and will kill most flankers if you fire first.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Hanzo is great.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Abu Dave posted:

shoot guys and shield your bros

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Dross posted:

The server tick rate is 20 Hz. 60 FPS is fine.

this has nothing to do with why you would turn off vsync. vsync introduces input lag which you may or may not care about/find noticeable

this is the reason gsync/freesync are a thing, to have the cosmetic benefits of vsync on without the lag

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

TheQat posted:

it's fps + 10 to avoid tearing if you have vsync off

but there should be an option to set your own cap. blizz is just dumb about some things

I guess I'll just try to force adaptive vsync with Nvidia Inspector when I get home.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Bone posted:

Speaking of skins, I opened this sweet Reinhardt skin the other day:

Zzulu posted:

Yes, I have a rough idea.

An old Arnold that never stopped pumping iron.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Abu Dave posted:

spam fully-charged right click orbs into the choke point, never stop

they will wreck anyone who is dumb enough to get hit, and they go through reinhardt's shield and will hit everyone behind him also.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Abu Dave posted:

Do like the pubbie Symmetra I found yesterday and try using your left click as a healing beam like Mercy.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I see that the loot boxes here use the same trolling selection algorithm as Kadala.

This is what I get for splurging a bit:

Guess I'm playing Reaper now?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Abu Dave posted:

I'm not going to say you can't heal your telepad because I have never tried, but I'm pretty sure the turrets have 1 HP. Everything one shots them. McCree's flashbang can probably kill them.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

DarkDobe posted:

I see that the loot boxes here use the same trolling selection algorithm as Kadala.

always be reapin'

die die die

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There are only a couple skins that are really must haves for me and I already have 250 in currency from loot boxes so I can't see myself putting down real money for these things.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Why not? Mercy has a gun too. During the days of "Waiting for Players", I decided to spend the eternal deathmatch as Pistol Mercy. I've been playing her quite a bit recently, and sometimes it's better to just pull out a gun when there's an enemy in your face. In one KotH map I spotted a Reaper teleporting onto the point, so I pulled out my gun and headshot him as soon as he materialized. Never had a chance to move.

If there's an urgent threat to your life which your team isn't noticing or handling, switch to your gun for a second and try to take the enemy out. The healing you're providing will stop if you get killed anyway.

If nothing else the shock factor will sometimes get you a free kill. No one seems to expect Mercy to shoot their brains in. I will never stop jerking off to the memory of winning a 1v1 vs McRee

Brannock posted:

Mass Reinhardt is one of the mass-hero strats easiest to shut down since they're so insanely impotent at any distance beyond melee

Yeah once we thought about it for like 5 seconds instead of just blindly rushing at them it's like... what are they going to do to us if we just stand really far away

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

afkmacro posted:

always be reapin'

die die die

It ain't Mariachi but it'll do.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

So what is the proper way to use Genji's sword ult? I tend to end up bombing the other team's healers and then just getting a swing or two more before I am melted. Is it something special, or does it just turn you into a shittier version of my new Husbando Reinhardt for five seconds?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

DarkDobe posted:

reaper is really fun because you can go from flanking and hit and running to holding a point and being a tremendous pain in the rear end seamlessly.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Abu Dave posted:

Spam charged right-click shots in the direction the enemy has to approach from. They pierce Reinhard and Winston's barriers and do pretty good damage. If an enemy comes close to you, use left-click and melt them. Your primary fires range is very short, but it is very powerful. Even a Tracer blinking all over can be taken out if they treat you lightly. You're also pretty good at dealing with Reinhart if one charges in alone.

I place my turrets in pairs. Death rooms are fun, but splitting them up means you'll likely not lose them all at once. I put them inside a few entrances, on the payload, and sometimes near health packs to surprise wounded enemies trying to heal up.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

So if Dva is totally actually super good you guys no really, how am I supposed to be using her guns? I guess there's some trick to it like getting the one shot kill on all body types with the scrap gun. Because holy gently caress the cannons seem to do Torbjorn turret dps.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TheTatteredKing posted:

So if Dva is totally actually super good you guys no really, how am I supposed to be using her guns? I guess there's some trick to it like getting the one shot kill on all body types with the scrap gun. Because holy gently caress the cannons seem to do Torbjorn turret dps.

Her best ability is her knockback on shift, and stealing kills. Never engage in a fair fight, always be flying around in hit and run tactics.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
D.va is strong because she can get up in peoples faces, and when her mech is gone, poke at people until her mech is back up

a D.va that can get away and consistently resummon her mech is frustrating and just soaks up damage that would otherwise be killing squishier teammates

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

He suffers badly from Samus Syndrome:

(Zero Suit Samus using Samus' skeleton in Smash 4)

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 25, 2016

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

TheTatteredKing posted:

Close range only. Fight in cramped spaces or get the drop on people, then mow them down at spitting range before they can distance themselves from you.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Do like the pubbie Symmetra I found yesterday and try using your left click as a healing beam like Mercy.

Were we in the same game? I had a rank-7+ Symetra on offense who spent ten minutes trying to 'heal' random teammates with her primary. Needless to say, we didn't win.

TheTatteredKing posted:

She's really not good. All these guys claiming she's amazeballs could be doing a lot more as Winston.

Thor-Stryker fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 25, 2016

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

TheTatteredKing posted:

Dva has auto-shotguns. Don't bother using them anywhere outside of short range. That's kind of the trick I guess. I see alot of pub Dvas shooting across the map and all they achieve is giving away ultimate charge to people killing the tankiest character in the game.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Don't forget to help your Reinhardts out with fast moving targets.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

DVa isnt strong.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Thor-Stryker posted:

Were we in the same game? I had a rank-7+ Symetra on offense who spent ten minutes trying to 'heal' random teammates with her primary. Needless to say, we didn't win.

I'm sure there are thousands like this, but I was in EU specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God
So, just pulled this out of a level up loot box:

:O