Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i will definitely make a race for PC Race War Weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Zigmidge posted:

I found a man after your heart, coupe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OEuSmXmx6Y

Psy890 posted:

We should invite him to race the Paleto Chillwave with us.

oh lord he swam all the way around Los Santos :ohdear: honestly though after that slog paleto Chillwave would be a welcome relief I'm sure

if he hasn't already welcomed the sweet relief of some 50cal aspirin :smithicide:

coupedeville fucked around with this message at 20:48 on May 24, 2016

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'd love to play me some GTA right now, but whatever 50Mb update is currently needed is crashing Social Club before it finishes. I've applied the last Social Club update manually but it's still doing this update, so I guess it's for the game itself, for which there is no manual update that I can find. And uninstalling Social Club entirely apparently requires me to uninstall the entire 60GB GTAV install, so I can't even do that.

loving Christ.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'd love to play me some GTA right now, but whatever 50Mb update is currently needed is crashing Social Club before it finishes. I've applied the last Social Club update manually but it's still doing this update, so I guess it's for the game itself, for which there is no manual update that I can find. And uninstalling Social Club entirely apparently requires me to uninstall the entire 60GB GTAV install, so I can't even do that.

loving Christ.

I had the same issue with one of the more recent updates

iirc I went through Rockstar warehouse and verified my installation files and didn't have any more issues after that

I dunno about steam if that's where you scored your copy of GTAV

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

coupedeville posted:

oh lord he swam all the way around Los Santos :ohdear: honestly though after that slog paleto Chillwave would be a welcome relief I'm sure

if he hasn't already welcomed the sweet relief of some 50cal aspirin :smithicide:

Perhaps the Paleto Chillwave race we invite him to is actually a GTA race.... :flame:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

loving Christ.

Copy your gta v folder away from its current location, do the social club re-install rigamarole and proceed all the way to where it is actually downloading from rockstar servers. Close social club, copy the backed up gta v folder into this and start social club again. It will re-verify the files and avoid downloading them.

You can also just launch "gtav.exe -verify" to manually start the verification process though it doesn't sound like that may help? Worth a try before you do the above dance.

These steps will also work for a steam copy.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

hellfaucet posted:

Perhaps the Paleto Chillwave race we invite him to is actually a GTA race.... :flame:

I felt like a dick when I capsized Dryer Lint by ramming him, adding guns to the mix would make it even less chill :v:

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Paleto Chillwave would be infinitely more fun as a GTA race if we got armed Patrol Boats or something.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Psh, I swam all the way around Los Santos back in 2013.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

fishmech posted:

what a post to go out on

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Can you do oceanic last team standings? One team with sailboats and marksman rifles, the other with seasharks and stickies :devil:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

fishmech posted:

A noble redditor took the time to record it for us. You're just words on a somethingawful.com

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Zigmidge posted:

Can you do oceanic last team standings? One team with sailboats and marksman rifles, the other with seasharks and stickies :devil:

Yup

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Holy crap, Nightingales (e:Ranacher! Hi!), this is bad rear end

Wingsuit flying thru the drat mountain

http://rsg.ms/c6ef31d

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 25, 2016

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3NuoQ-ab70

I'm not as good at this as buckshot. :(

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Hugh Malone posted:

This is amazing

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hugh Malone posted:

This is the tits, please tell me how to get a wangsuit tia

Also I don't think Ranacher ever posts itt but if you read this and can be bothered, please PM me and tell me why you dropped out of the crew and PSN community, if there's an issue I'm sure we can handle it. Thanks friend.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I found the video because it was on the LLJK social club, so they may still be in the crew?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Gonna be making the jump to pc today. Any goonbros down for a sesh?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Always.

I did some exploring with dryer lint last night and we found an alleyway between high rises with ladders and climbable vents and rooftops and all. There are a few areas with service ladders all over buildings that feel like something was supposed to happen there but I've since learned that artists in gta get full ownership of the blocks they're tasked to create from concept to final texturing. What probably happened was a few artists liked the idea of people walking all over their creations and tried to add as many ladders as they could within reason.

There's never anything unique to find in these spots it's just cool to have more vertical options as a pedestrian. The laddered high rise downtown would be perfect for a VIP protection job.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, all the ladders and fire escapes in the game made me wish there was some kind of parkour mode. The thought of this humble gamer leaping freely, rooftop to rooftop... the pitter-patter of my little boyfeet echoing through the night... ahh... what a bliss that would be :cabot:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

FutonForensic posted:

Yeah, all the ladders and fire escapes in the game made me wish there was some kind of parkour mode. The thought of this humble gamer leaping freely, rooftop to rooftop... the pitter-patter of my little boyfeet echoing through the night... ahh... what a bliss that would be :cabot:

Or, as a compromise, just enabling the prat fall button in Online. Its absence is a crime.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

FutonForensic posted:

It would tickle the paws of gaming kittens everywhere

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

FutonForensic posted:

At the very least, they should disable that animation of your character sliding off of ledges, because it activates really early and makes jumping off of a lot of ledges impossible.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Furia posted:

Gonna be making the jump to pc today. Any goonbros down for a sesh?

Seems to me like people start showing up a bit later in the evening. I'm down though.

Rsc: Jeffrey.jpg

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

ninjahedgehog posted:

At the very least, they should disable that animation of your character sliding off of ledges, because it activates really early and makes jumping off of a lot of ledges impossible.

I'll say

https://fat.gfycat.com/ThankfulObeseArachnid.webm

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Did they ever explain why the ragdoll button is absent from GTA Online? It's the best feature in the single player mode, and not having it in Online is some bullshit.

I'm guessing the reason is something along the lines of "our servers would break if everyone was doing Euphoria pratfalls all the time"

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I think there are two main considerations Rockstar has when deciding what things to put into Online, is it "fun" and does it motivate the player to spend real money on Shark Cards?

If it's fun but doesn't motivate a player to spend on Shark Cards then they don't put it in. If it's so fun that the player isn't going out and spending money on yachts and cars and clothes then they take it out even if it was in single player.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

King Vidiot posted:

I think there are two main considerations Rockstar has when deciding what things to put into Online, is it "fun" and does it motivate the player to spend real money on Shark Cards?

If it's fun but doesn't motivate a player to spend on Shark Cards then they don't put it in. If it's so fun that the player isn't going out and spending money on yachts and cars and clothes then they take it out even if it was in single player.

This is a serious post

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The driver in a Fleeca job just failed 4 times in a row and I'm surprised this dude can even boot up the game.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Amazon is not processing the order for the digital download, so I might have to wait until tomorrow.

By the way, how does the whole playing on pc work? I do know about using mumble, do I just then press "join crew mates" and that's it?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Furia posted:

By the way, how does the whole playing on pc work? I do know about using mumble, do I just then press "join crew mates" and that's it?

Ummm

Ripper Swarm posted:

It's always magical getting a new player into whatever the goon group is doing.

1. "What's your Social Club name, we'll add you to our friendlist"
2. "Oh you tried "Online>Join Friends?" That doesn't work and to our knowledge, never has."
3. "Ok, I sent you a session invite, accept that in the Social Club interface"
4. "Alright, Hunting Pack time! Invites are out."
5. "No, this invite is in your ingame phone. Make sure you accept the right one."
6. "Jobs over and you ended up in a pubbie session? You got netsplit, sending you an invite"
7. "It's the Social Club one again."

Rockstar :allears:

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Furia posted:

Amazon is not processing the order for the digital download, so I might have to wait until tomorrow.

if only it was that simple lmao

here's a pretty comprehensive overview thx to our own RippersWarm

Ripper Swarm posted:

It's always magical getting a new player into whatever the goon group is doing.

1. "What's your Social Club name, we'll add you to our friendlist"
2. "Oh you tried "Online>Join Friends?" That doesn't work and to our knowledge, never has."
3. "Ok, I sent you a session invite, accept that in the Social Club interface"
4. "Alright, Hunting Pack time! Invites are out."
5. "No, this invite is in your ingame phone. Make sure you accept the right one."
6. "Jobs over and you ended up in a pubbie session? You got netsplit, sending you an invite"
7. "It's the Social Club one again."

Rockstar :allears:

edit: gently caress, beaten

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I feel like as time goes by, Rockstar steadily makes it more complicated to get everyone together in a session. Matchmaking is basically held together with sticks and twine at this point :v:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Hop on mumble

"I need an invite"

"You got it good buddy!"

"You're a real pal"

"Something awful.com sure is stupid isn't it"

"You bet"

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Hop on mumble

"I need an invite"

*checks phone*

"It's in the Social Club menu"

*checks Social Club menu"

"Still no invite"

*five minutes pass before invites from 3 different players show up*

sigseven
May 8, 2003

That was heavy.
Tonight on GTAV PC: a completely ridiculous funnel derby, the funnel derby melee, a bit of freeroam chaos, and the hunting pack double reversal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvpZ7FEzi4g

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Sorry I missed everything but that was an amazing hunting pack run.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
For real, that Hunting Pack is worth watching; it starts about 8:30 in. Bird put in an excellent performance as Runner, I thought he was done for like, 3 or 4 times but NOPE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Still waiting for some random hacker to dump dollars on me instead of every other object in the game.

• Locked thread