Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
I wonder how many calls Visa/Mastercard has received about getting a chargeback from Señor Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I didn't know there are mod-only notes always attached to forum names.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's in the probation/ban submission. You get a public reason that appears in the Leper's Colony and a private one that can go into more detail.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

The TOS is pretty explicit about how you can be banned for being a shitbaby even if you don't break any of the specifically enumerated rules. If you can't communicate like a reasonable internet dickhead you've got no place here.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I hope the mods decide to just do rolling six-hour probations on him so he can melt down in 10-minute bursts while also never actually being banned and thus unable to break the cycle.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Christ, the 'principled libertarian' whining about being banned from, essentially, a private club is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Palpek posted:

I didn't know there are mod-only notes always attached to forum names.
You can leave mod notes when you do anything, and those are visible to mods in a poster's history.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I bet that is some hilarious reading on occasion

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

TetsuoTW posted:

I hope the mods decide to just do rolling six-hour probations on him so he can melt down in 10-minute bursts while also never actually being banned and thus unable to break the cycle.

And time some of them so that they expire at some ungodly hour of night to see if he sets an alarm so he can get up and post his screeds the instant he gets his privileges back

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

And time some of them so that they expire at some ungodly hour of night to see if he sets an alarm so he can get up and post his screeds the instant he gets his privileges back

Can't wait to read articles in local newspapers when the police find his cold malnourished body slouched in front of the computer.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Paladinus posted:

Can't wait to read articles in local newspapers when the police find his cold malnourished body slouched in front of the computer.

Remember: committing murder is a bannable offense.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Shbobdb posted:

So is suicide. :v:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Shbobdb posted:

What about skateboarding?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

FactsAreUseless posted:

You can leave mod notes when you do anything, and those are visible to mods in a poster's history.

Welp, now every single person itt is feeling paranoid. Good going, facts.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I hope my mods notes are just a series of dick pics.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Choco1980 posted:

Welp, now every single person itt is feeling paranoid. Good going, facts.

Don't worry

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I imagine mine is terrible and I politely request you not share it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I imagine mine is terrible and I politely request you not share it.
The only note on any actions in your history is one indicating that it was part of a GBS "request a probation" thread.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I remember a while back some mods were discussing Mod-Only Notes and pretty much everyone agreed that their favorite notes came from one particular poster who's an insufferable goober. I think they've held off on banning him or her just to see what dumb poo poo he or she comes up with next.

Axeman Jim
Nov 21, 2010

The Canadians replied that they would rather ride a moose.

That's strange, I got Moon Moon.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
mine said Zen Death Robot that cant be right

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm assuming mine is a bunch of trash talk from TFF mods and the words "go away El Penis" repeated 20 or 30 times.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I'm assuming mine is a bunch of trash talk from TFF mods and the words "go away El Penis" repeated 20 or 30 times.
There are no notes. Nobody cares about you. I'm not sure who you are. I guess a TFF poster?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Imagine that Tyler Durden "you are not special" speech but a billion times sadder.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Hogge Wild posted:

does anyone have the pic about the low carb thread probation

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Forget all the leaks that came before, when the secret mod notes get leak its going to bring down civilization.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

i bet there's no mod notes about me haha

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
to me the best way to find out that you have an ldl receptor gene defect and that you're going to die of a heart attack young and there's nothing you can do about it is because of a fad diet pushed on you by schizophrenic tech support workers

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dabir posted:

i bet there's no mod notes about me haha
Almost none of them are about posters. It's things like "changed poster's title on request."

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I'm pretty sure any notes about me are about my striking good looks and giant dick.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Please get any notes off me, i can feel them and if you don't take them off I will scratch and scrub in the shower till my skin peels off. :(

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TontoCorazon posted:

I'm pretty sure any notes about me are about my striking good looks and giant dick.
Can confirm.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

MariusLecter posted:

Please get any notes off me, i can feel them and if you don't take them off I will scratch and scrub in the shower till my skin peels off. :(

Mod only note:
Don't put any mod only notes, user can feel them

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
if I have any they're probably just about how much of a boring motherfucker I am

BOOTY-ADE posted:

There’s no earthly way of knowing
Where those patch cables are going
There’s no knowing where they're flowing
And the tangles keep on growing
Is it blinking? Is it glowing?
Is a network error showing?
The lag is still ongoing
So the danger must be growing....

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 21:42 on May 25, 2016

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I bet the mod notes on me are just about how much they like me and wish they could come hang out irl

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Accurate.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

They'd either be about my Av or Waterhaul bitching about me and Webdog from the CAD thread.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Funny quote about mod notes (the third is the funny quote):

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

FactsAreUseless posted:

There are no notes. Nobody cares about you. I'm not sure who you are. I guess a TFF poster?

EmmyOk posted:

Imagine that Tyler Durden "you are not special" speech but a billion times sadder.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SneakyFrog posted:

I bet that is some hilarious reading on occasion

ah yes

that known font of consistent hilarity

the private musings of the mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless