Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I'm proud of you guys for knowing how the game works. :D

Quick Cast works the same way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

How bad is this in terms of grindiness for getting cool poo poo? I played Maplestory circa 2008 and DFO when it was being run by Nexon as a reference for my bullshit MMO tolerance

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Erg posted:

How bad is this in terms of grindiness for getting cool poo poo? I played Maplestory circa 2008 and DFO when it was being run by Nexon as a reference for my bullshit MMO tolerance

Maplestory and Nexon DFO? You'll fit right in.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
I thought this game was supposed to have battle-cooks and tailors and neat stuff like that. Whatever happened to that?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

the fact it wasn't ready to go before they went f2p is just pure incompetence

I see the move from MH wasn't too jarring then.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

in many ways they are worse than gaz so it brings a new appreciation for semi-incompetence

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Erg posted:

I'm sure someone will provide an example but I've never seen anything as grindy as Maplestory. Not even sort of close.
If MMO grindy bullshit were toxins you'd be able to eat cyanide by the pound at this point.

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
How do I downrank a skill?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Klades posted:

I'm sure someone will provide an example but I've never seen anything as grindy as Maplestory. Not even sort of close.
If MMO grindy bullshit were toxins you'd be able to eat cyanide by the pound at this point.

I had a level 48 ice wizard in the maplestory global beta

It took me 9 hours of solid grinding to go from 47 to 48.

:smithicide:

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
Haha wow the prices for the DLC packs are high. Is there still not a way to just buy TP? With the beginners pack you can't even get a 30 day token from the TP vendor, jeeze.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i've leveled up more in 20 minutes than in the entire time i had the patience for ragnarok.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

I've had the game installed for a touch, but hadn't played it yet. I'm sick and miserable presently and figured I could always make myself feel even more lovely.
Surprise, surprise. Actually having fun. Scratching an itch I couldn't reach. Music's nice and I'm just a tiny wizard melting faces.
It seems as though the game is actually a bit more simple than the vibe I got reading about it... Which is quite nice.

Edit: Okay.
I just heard the little kitty cats meowing. Sold. :3:

tokomon fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 25, 2016

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Hyakkun Kim posted:

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the love and support Tree of Savior. I would also thank you for becoming the Founders and buying all the founders packs. It is very unfortunate to hear that you decided to leave. However, Thank you for the detailed and long list of the aspects of the game that you found dissatisfying. On that note, there seems to be necessary that I should address the points raised in your letter and clear some misunderstandings.

The trade restriction in TOS was designed to solve the bot and RMT problems. I do recognize that it might cause inconveniences towards the players as well. If, like you have said, the restrictions were not there due to the fact that the bots and RMT are inevitable and unavoidable, would that have improved the game overall? Unless we compare two situations side-by-side, I cannot say for certain. However, I would like you to understand that we have been working on reducing restrictions through continuous patches.

Server instability is an issue that we have been and currently are trying to solve but it is indeed a difficult issue. However, what I can say that the client lag has been improved through the recent optimization effort and it will be included in upcoming patchs soon.
As for DDoS, its very difficult thing to overcome. Everytime DDoS attack occurs (including today), Service provider blocks targetted machine, so we have to provide service excluding that machine. The problem is Service provider also limited our access to admin account as well, so we cannot add machine instances for now, resulting very crowded users in less machines in SA regions.
We have made a contract with one of the world’s biggest cloud service provider, but their counter-DDoS measures differed from region to region. This situation is beyond our expectation and we are currently in talks with the service provider but we are yet to receive a satisfying answer from them. The proposals we have received were seeking a different service provider or move it to the NA region, which may leads to also dissatisfying solution to many users. So we're seeking for other solutions now.

Even since the announcement of the One Month F2P Delay plan, our users have raised many issues such as a ping problem, lags and even racism and regional pricing. In order to address those issues, I have decided to separate regions and transfer the necessary data between them. During that process, each region required its own devices and infrastructure. It meant that the cost of having the servers in four separate regions was drastically higher than having them all in one region.
You mentioned that, the region transfer usually only takes 10 minutes for other company. In reality, that is simply not possible. DB duplication process from one continent to the other continent takes a considerable amount of time and the whole process requires our utmost attention if we were to avoid any errors. The fact that the process was not planned months in advance meant that much effort and care were needed for the preparation, execution and confirmation.

We also wished to allow players to obtain TP as soon as possible after transitioning to F2P. However, we were unable to sell TP via DLC products as identical DLC products cannot be purchased more than one time.
There is a separate system, the ‘Steam Inventory System’, but it is taking some time to develop and verify since it is different from the DLC system which we had been using up to this point.
The Beginner’s & Veteran’s Packs were launched to allow players that wished to purchase more premium items until the ‘Steam Inventory System’ is fully implemented.
You do not need to purchase these DLC products if you do not agree to their contents or pricing. You will most likely not need the extra boost as you already had purchased all the Founder’s Pack.
We did not launch the Beginner’s and Veteran’s Packs thinking that everyone needs to purchase them. It was more of a stop-gap measure to allow certain players to obtain more TP and other items before the launch of the ‘Steam Inventory System’. Those items were currently un-obtainable since there are no DLC products in the Store.
It would have been better if we could have also launched various DLC products that only contain TP. However, There is a limit Steam places how many DLC products we can sell at once. It was not possible to create diverse products since we had to create 8 different DLC products in order to provide 2 types of products to each of the 4 different service regions.

We did not reject the communication. We did not fired the Community Manager. Her leave was made by her own and I also hoped her to continue working. She had hard time dealing with responding community. It's difficult to improve and solve problems fast in these situations. Current community managers, may seem to be less enthusiastic. But, I believe they are doing their best as they can.

I admit that the game currently has many issues. However, I really want to convince you that we have never given up and will continue to solve any issues one at a time. One example of such an issue is the monopolization of World Bosses and we are addressing this issue on the Korean servers by applying a debuff after defeating the Bosses. This will soon be applied to the Steam servers as well.
It's regrettful if you consider that IMC is a cashgrab with over-priced DLC products while not trying to deal with any identified issues. It could have been due to the fact that we weren’t capable enough or did not communicate as well as we could have. However, I sincerely hope that you do not misunderstand that to mean that IMC does not care about Tree of Savior as a game, because we do care. We love this game at least as much as, and probably even more than, the players do. We created this game and will continue to improve this game to the end.
We thank you for loving Tree of Savior and hope that we will be able to meet again in a better gaming environment.

Regards,
Hakkyu Kim

Game Director made a big post on the forums about the state of the game and their current challenges. Makes me feel bad for IMC, they're trying to run the international version on their own with limited resources and things just aren't quite coming together how they wanted. They seem committed to the game though.

On that note, it also looks like they're temporarily removing the game from the Steam store until they can sort their service and stability issues.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

well it's hopeful at the least

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Scoss posted:

On that note, it also looks like they're temporarily removing the game from the Steam store until they can sort their service and stability issues.

Does that mean if I cannot play it on Steam any more? Been really enjoying this game, bringing back memories from RO.

Also, are Swordsman decent for DPS builds? It looks to me that Doppelsoeldner is the only way to go for DPS. Is Dragoon good for DPS? Other players in game are saying Swordsman can only be tanks and to reroll now. I won't be doing that, but just wanting to know if Swordsman can do well for DPS.

Thanks!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Fixit posted:

Does that mean if I cannot play it on Steam any more? Been really enjoying this game, bringing back memories from RO.

Also, are Swordsman decent for DPS builds? It looks to me that Doppelsoeldner is the only way to go for DPS. Is Dragoon good for DPS? Other players in game are saying Swordsman can only be tanks and to reroll now. I won't be doing that, but just wanting to know if Swordsman can do well for DPS.

Thanks!

you can still play, theyre only removing new signups. swordsmen arent popular right now because the only thing they bring to the table at earth tower (max level endgame thing) is an aoe taunt called swashbuckling in peltasta. their dps is easily eclipsed by archers and wizards and many groups dont even bother bringing peltasta swordsmen to et

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Blazing Zero posted:

you can still play, theyre only removing new signups. swordsmen arent popular right now because the only thing they bring to the table at earth tower (max level endgame thing) is an aoe taunt called swashbuckling in peltasta. their dps is easily eclipsed by archers and wizards and many groups dont even bother bringing peltasta swordsmen to et

So, for max level end game stuff, either reroll and go full tank or play an archer or wizard for DPS?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Fixit posted:

So, for max level end game stuff, either reroll and go full tank or play an archer or wizard for DPS?

id say do what you want right now and decide later if you wanna do all that. if youre sure you want to put in the effort for the endgame jank then yes.

also, have a read around about what class builds work really well together. randomly mashing classes together will ensure you have a Bad Time

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Scoss posted:

Game Director made a big post on the forums about the state of the game and their current challenges. Makes me feel bad for IMC, they're trying to run the international version on their own with limited resources and things just aren't quite coming together how they wanted. They seem committed to the game though.

Yeah, I mean there are a lot of issues but I never got the impression they don't care or anything. Just having some trouble adjusting to the wide scale of things.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

This is all well and good but what about WoE

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
Is it worth it to loop back and do the Orsha zones at level 20, or just keep going in Srautas Gorge and use a few cards if I ever fall 10 levels behind the zone?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Maha posted:

Is it worth it to loop back and do the Orsha zones at level 20, or just keep going in Srautas Gorge and use a few cards if I ever fall 10 levels behind the zone?

Yes loop back and do Osha. Swap between the 2 sides as you go.

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
Okay, one more question: if I'm going for Wiz3/Ele3/[something], what do I do with my stats?

Maha fucked around with this message at 06:41 on May 26, 2016

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

I'm at level 28. :ohdear:
Went wizard to cryo and debating between staying cryo for another loop or switching to psychokino. I know I eventually want to switch into warlock, but the in between is a little iffy. OH WELL I CAN ALWAYS FIDDLE AROUND.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Maha posted:

Okay, one more question: if I'm going for Wiz3/Ele3/[something], what do I do with my stats?

int, as much con as you think you need. Most people will say 80-100 con but it depends on the player and what gear you plan to wear.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Maha posted:

Con 50 by level 200 or maybe a bit higher if you want / are dying a lot, rest into int.

tokomon posted:

I'm at level 28. :ohdear:
Went wizard to cryo and debating between staying cryo for another loop or switching to psychokino. I know I eventually want to switch into warlock, but the in between is a little iffy. OH WELL I CAN ALWAYS FIDDLE AROUND.

Unless you are dead set on getting warlock 1, do cryo 3 kino 3. Lock down everything with CC!

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

Erg posted:

You get to wear this adorable bastard as a hat.

You loving tell me if the grind matters.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Kuhmondo posted:

You get to wear this adorable bastard as a hat.

You loving tell me if the grind matters.

Is not pudding hat. And therefor worthless.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Con 50 by level 200 or maybe a bit higher if you want / are dying a lot, rest into int.

Unless you are dead set on getting warlock 1, do cryo 3 kino 3. Lock down everything with CC!

I just like the way warlock looks. As you can tell, I have my priorities in order.
I might just follow your suggestion, though. I'm really digging freezing the gently caress out of things.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Greetings, Saviors!

As announced through our developer’s blog, we will be permanently reducing the price of 30-day Tokens in the TP shop from 198 TP to 99 TP. Furthermore, we plan to compensate those who have already purchased and/or are currently using Tokens ahead of the price change. Make sure to read the details below.
Price Reduction Schedule

The new reduced Token prices will come into effect after our weekly maintenance on Tuesday, June 7, 2016.
Users Eligible for Compensation

Note: Conditions apply exclusively to regular 30-day Tokens. Event Tokens such as 7, 15 or 60-day Tokens will not be considered for compensation purposes.

A. Those using at least one Token at the time of the price change.

B. Those possessing at least one Token within their team at the time of the price change (includes those possessing a Veteran’s Pack DLC unopened in their Inventory or Message Box).
Compensation Items

Note: Compensation will be given to each eligible team individually (i.e. users with more than one team across multiple servers will receive compensation for each of their teams).

- 99 TP per Token being used or possessed (according to the conditions above): sent directly to each eligible team’s Inventory

- 7-day Token time extension (applied to all Tokens being used, regardless of type)
Compensation Schedule

Eligible users will receive compensation on the day of the price change during the weekly maintenance period (see schedule above).

Glad they did listen to feedback on the terrible pricing and are fixing it.

edit: and other stuff too.

quote:

Greetings, Saviors!

First of all, we would like to thank you for the love and support you’ve been showing for Tree of Savior. We hope this post addresses some of the most pressing issues you’ve been asking about and sheds some light on how we are working to improve them.

Client Lag Issue

The graphic engine optimization is currently in process. We had some major progress and the patch is being prepared.
How much it smoothed the overall experience and improved the performance is going to be announced through our Dev Blog.

Server Lag Issue

As stated in our previous announcement, temporary restrictions limiting access for new players to Tree of Savior are now in place. We will alleviate the “slow server process speed” symptoms through temporary maintenance before we permanently solve this server lag issue. As previously announced, there have been other DDoS attacks on the [SA] Silute server. Every attack results in the particular machine getting banned, which means far lower machines compared to the user count, and we have been denied adding more machines to the server. The SA server shall be moved to a NA location due to the fact that normal service operation is practically impossible with the current local service provider. The regional pricing will remain the same even after the machine’s location transfer. The server will stay in NA until we find a good solution to the SA problem.

Persistent Bot Problem

The Bot Classifier for [SEA] Telsiai, [SA] Silute and [SEA] Varena servers is under maintenance and has not been fully operational. This is a problem related to DB backup, which cannot be solved easily and requires extended maintenance to fix, which is why we are putting it on hold for now. In the case of [SA] Silute, the problem should be solved and the situation normalized after today’s relocation. We also expect to solve the problem for [SEA] Telsiai and Varena and get back to normal operation on those servers as soon as possible.

Why haven’t you applied to iTOS the same patch as kTOS?

The regions for iTOS are more and diverse and applying a patch for each region takes some time. Our previous patches also had problems of that sort. Such problems resulted in the updates and the game access being unavailable. Also, after we update the Korean version and receive feedback from the users there, we sometimes end up making changes to it again, so getting a final version of the update that we can apply to iTOS can take some time. That is the reason why we were unable to apply patches frequently.

Feedback and Communication from the Staff Are Insufficient

From now on, we will have a regular Q&A time with the Dev Team based on the opinions from you, the users. Also, a CM will gather up questions raised on the forum and forward them to the Dev Team and provide our users with answers.

Token Prices

Our players have long been voicing out their opinions about the price of Tokens, and after some internal discussion we’ve decided to lower Token prices. We plan to compensate those who are currently using or have recently purchased Tokens as a result. Details will be announced in a separate news post. link : https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=434

Thank you for reading and have fun playing Tree of Savior.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 27, 2016

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
Would have been nice of them to get the token prices adjusted before the 3-day weekend for us Yankees. Oh well, at least they've restored my faith in the game's survival. Time to level my new priest archer!

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
Would I regret burning a bunch of exp cards to get me from 25 to 30? Wiz2 sucks and I'm feeling very underpowered. Should I be buying NPC gear?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Maha posted:

Would I regret burning a bunch of exp cards to get me from 25 to 30? Wiz2 sucks and I'm feeling very underpowered. Should I be buying NPC gear?
You shouldn't be buying npc gear, and you mostly use exp cards to be in a good level range for the current zone. There's no point in hoarding them until way later, and even then hoarding them just effects what grind areas you have access to in the 200s.

Nothing is underpowered at that level because auto attacks kill things in a few hits generally.

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
I bought some AH gear, this should do it. Is Cafrisun good for wizards? Should I gem my stuff? (I'm obviously lacking some fundamentals, if anyone has a good general guide.)

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Maha posted:

I bought some AH gear, this should do it. Is Cafrisun good for wizards? Should I gem my stuff? (I'm obviously lacking some fundamentals, if anyone has a good general guide.)

Cafrisun set is your best friend until 200 ish. It gives you an additional attack for your auto-attacks. Also, buying affordable weapons from the AH can help save some time, but honestly before 75 isn't always required. I wouldn't recommend geming or using an anvil to upgrade gear until 75. Typically you level so fast it would be a waste of silver as you outgrow that equipment. 120 is def. when you should start using anvils for your weapon and gear if you have the silver. As for gems, it can help a lot on your weapons if you have the extra fodder to throw in to upgrade them. Use blue gem in weapon for more deeps. But if this is your first character then chances are you don't have that luxury.

As for leveling Wiz, it is difficult early on until wiz3 magic missile. Finding a questing buddy would help a lot. Generally you want to be within 10 levels of the zone you are questing in, I typically try and stay around 5 as fighting mobs early on that are 9 levels higher can be overly difficult and tedious. Also, make sure around lvl 30 you start going over to Orsha side and doing those quests as well. Staying, again, within 5-10 levels of the zones. This will help you skip most of Tenet (I personally despise most of Tenet) and not run out of quests and exp cards. Once you hit lvl 50 queue for your first dungeon. If you have a token you can do 3 runs a day. Those first 3 runs should get you somewhere between 5-8 levels. From there you can wait a day and run 3 more getting you to around 61-62ish and pick up questing or you can push in to questing at 58. Keep saving cards as long as you are within the zone levels again. Once you hit around 82... 83 ish if you have a large number of cards then eat them all. Once you hit 85? 86... five or six. You get an exp reset and leveling to 90 takes only a few more minutes. Once to 90 queue for the 90 dungeon and profit again.

From 90 you will try to get 100. At 100 you can do missions (3 a day with token). Doing 3 dungeon runs and 3 missions a day with some light questing will get you to 115 quickly. 115, new dungeon. Keep doing missions as well. Remember that at 120 you get a new tier of equipment. Find some and feel free to gem and anvil them, especially the weapon, if you have the spare cash.

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude

Forgotton posted:

Cafrisun set is your best friend until 200 ish. It gives you an additional attack for your auto-attacks. Also, buying affordable weapons from the AH can help save some time, but honestly before 75 isn't always required. I wouldn't recommend geming or using an anvil to upgrade gear until 75. Typically you level so fast it would be a waste of silver as you outgrow that equipment. 120 is def. when you should start using anvils for your weapon and gear if you have the silver. As for gems, it can help a lot on your weapons if you have the extra fodder to throw in to upgrade them. Use blue gem in weapon for more deeps. But if this is your first character then chances are you don't have that luxury.

As for leveling Wiz, it is difficult early on until wiz3 magic missile. Finding a questing buddy would help a lot. Generally you want to be within 10 levels of the zone you are questing in, I typically try and stay around 5 as fighting mobs early on that are 9 levels higher can be overly difficult and tedious. Also, make sure around lvl 30 you start going over to Orsha side and doing those quests as well. Staying, again, within 5-10 levels of the zones. This will help you skip most of Tenet (I personally despise most of Tenet) and not run out of quests and exp cards. Once you hit lvl 50 queue for your first dungeon. If you have a token you can do 3 runs a day. Those first 3 runs should get you somewhere between 5-8 levels. From there you can wait a day and run 3 more getting you to around 61-62ish and pick up questing or you can push in to questing at 58. Keep saving cards as long as you are within the zone levels again. Once you hit around 82... 83 ish if you have a large number of cards then eat them all. Once you hit 85? 86... five or six. You get an exp reset and leveling to 90 takes only a few more minutes. Once to 90 queue for the 90 dungeon and profit again.

From 90 you will try to get 100. At 100 you can do missions (3 a day with token). Doing 3 dungeon runs and 3 missions a day with some light questing will get you to 115 quickly. 115, new dungeon. Keep doing missions as well. Remember that at 120 you get a new tier of equipment. Find some and feel free to gem and anvil them, especially the weapon, if you have the spare cash.

This helps a lot, thank you very much!

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

to expand, use your cards once you get in range of 50, basically once you clear up to Tenet and Novaha on the Orsha side, you should have enough cards and levels to go to 50 instantly

3 full clears of the automatched dungeon at 50 will actually take you to 62, the next 3 runs will take you to 68 or so, then after that the XP drops dramatically as you're close to 20 levels over the mobs. Go back to both the klaipeda and orsha questlines at this point, hitting near 70 opens up a ton more zones to quest in.

You essentially repeat the same process from this point for the 90 dungeon, keep questing for cards until you have enough to hit 90, then do that dungeon, etc.

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
If I don't buy a token I imagine I just keep questing and rationing cards as usual while running the dungeon once a day, with no big zone skips?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Maha posted:

If I don't buy a token I imagine I just keep questing and rationing cards as usual while running the dungeon once a day, with no big zone skips?

You still want to use the majority of your cards to jump to level 50 from low 40s, then to level 90 from high 70s/low 80s. That doesn't change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
So, I'm reading conflicting things in this game. Is tanking a thing? Seems like Peliasta is the only tank class....I'm level 18 and have put all my points into CON so far. Should I just start going STR/DEX now?

• Locked thread