Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FutonForensic posted:

In a Gift of the Magi-esque twist, Congress renames America as Bud Light Lime

I pledge of allegiance, to the flag, of the united Bud Light Lime
And to the sixpack for which it stands
One brew, under god, indivisible, with boobies and football for all :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

I pledge of allegiance, to the flag, of the united Bud Light Lime
And to the sixpack for which it stands
One brew, under god, indivisible, with boobies and football for all :911:

Makes sense.

America would be the greatest country in the world except for the aftertaste.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
I'd make fun of how dumb a name "America" is for a beer but I'm Canadian.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Christo posted:

You're "Budweiser Liteian" for a while now, I'm afraid...

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
There's a beer called "Canadian" :thejoke:

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

There's a beer called "Canadian" :thejoke:

Let's be honest, Canada becoming Bud Lite better reflects the reality.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Literally thought Tosh was a fake name for one guy but there is a corporate exec with that name. Someone in charge of something is named Tosh.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Christo posted:

No, you did it wrong. No contraction. I am Canadian

I don't even know if I miss this commercial.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

swims posted:

Literally thought Tosh was a fake name for one guy but there is a corporate exec with that name. Someone in charge of something is named Tosh.

I thought the same thing until recent family tree research reveals I have like a great-great-uncle named Tosh (or nicknamed). I know it's not, but I always want it to be short for Toshua.

Also when I was growing up one of the kids I went to school with's dad was named Osh. I never learned if it was short for something. AFAIK that family was Italian.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Canemacar posted:

Everyone drinks it and it's essentially garbage beer?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
What the gently caress is wrong with the French?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

From article:

quote:

(Oraxy, the Paris-based internet company that organised the stunt) describes itself on its website as “the world’s first private global marketplace reserved… for Ultra High Net Worth Individuals.”

You can not convince me that these aren't actual supervillians. These sound like dudes I would be taking out in a Hitman game.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm surprised they weren't killed, to be honest.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Possibly worth pointing out that America is not the name of a country?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's shorthand for United States of America everyone knows that. Even people from Brazil and Canada understand that and don't care that it happens.

Though I propose we change it to Usa (oo-sah). I'm an Usan.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Does anyone know why the gently caress they thought this was a good idea? I could write this off as an incredibly poorly thought out marketing stunt if they were selling anything, but it doesn't seem to be that. It just looks like they were doing it for shits and giggles and somehow managed not to get shot doing it.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Ratoslov posted:

Does anyone know why the gently caress they thought this was a good idea? I could write this off as an incredibly poorly thought out marketing stunt if they were selling anything, but it doesn't seem to be that. It just looks like they were doing it for shits and giggles and somehow managed not to get shot doing it.

Also, isn't this the second time something similar has happened? I remember a resort had an "interactive event" which involved "terrorists." So yeah, people are dumb as gently caress

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm surprised they weren't killed, to be honest.

I'm annoyed they weren't.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

AgentF posted:

Possibly worth pointing out that America is not the name of a country?

Yeah it is, just like our southern neighbor's name is Mexico.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Mu Zeta posted:

It's shorthand for United States of America everyone knows that. Even people from Brazil and Canada understand that and don't care that it happens.

Technically, you're all Columbian.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

As in: ?

See also: Made in USA

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Technically, you're all Columbian.

Vespurran.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Uh....

You mean Vespuccian?

Anyway it's Erikssonian.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Hesperian.

AstroBravo
Jun 23, 2009
I've been to Usa, Japan a lot and they have some small attractions that play on that USA U.S.A. difference. There's not much of a city there, but there are small American jokes. They put an American-ish flag on the train station platform sign. There's even a hollywood sign style USA on their mountain.

For a more relevant contribution, I read a pretty interesting article the other day about Facebook's attempted push into India, which culminated in a disaster of a PR push.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/12/facebook-free-basics-india-zuckerberg

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I like that they felt the need to clarify, on their platform sign, that this was Usa City in Oita Prefecture, not suddenly the United States of America. Otherwise, I'd hate to be a dozing drunk missing my stop and waking up there. "Holy poo poo, how long have I been out?"

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Canemacar posted:

But we kicked Harper out of office <:mad:>

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Byzantine posted:

Yeah it is, just like our southern neighbor's name is Mexico.

:mexico: "So, what country are you from?"

:911: "I'm from the United States of America."

:mexico: "What a coincidence. So am I!"

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

dpbjinc posted:

:mexico: "So, what country are you from?"

:911: "I'm from the United States of America."

:mexico: "What a coincidence. So am I!"

And this is why we must elect Trump, or this chilling conversation could be true!

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

AstroBravo posted:

For a more relevant contribution, I read a pretty interesting article the other day about Facebook's attempted push into India, which culminated in a disaster of a PR push.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/12/facebook-free-basics-india-zuckerberg
this is great, thank you. The quote about anti-colonialism is loving ridiculous.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Screaming Idiot posted:

And this is why we must elect Trump, or this chilling conversation could be true!

Soy estadounidense, gracias.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Crossposting from CD.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/733613698644738048

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Eh I'm alright with it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

"Apoca-who?"

That doesn't work when your name is a word, like Apocalypse. Unless Rooney has just never heard the word 'apocalypse' before, but its in movies all the drat time.

Overall not too bad though.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

"Apoca-who?"

That doesn't work when your name is a word, like Apocalypse. Unless Rooney has just never heard the word 'apocalypse' before, but its in movies all the drat time.

Overall not too bad though.

Rooney is infamous for being dumb as poo poo.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Applegate Farms, whose products I do buy sometimes, has been advertising on Pandora. Some lady reads the "scary" ingredients of some other brand, which has me rolling my eyes. But it doesn't stop there. Then she plays the ingredient list backwards and some demon voice announces what fools we are for using the other product what with all of it's bizarre ingredients. Beside the fact that this whole Food Babe chemical scare is usually nonsense, they're pretty much admitting it's nonsense because playing records and tapes backwards looking for demon messages is well associated with pearl-clutching mothers looking for evil where there is none.

Anyway, I'm not sure how harmful cow growth hormones are to human children, nor do I really care, but this add from them was kinda funny. And even if you call bullshit on the premise, my guess is it probably does well with it's audience. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQhHyHkCeBo

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Bast Relief posted:

And even if you call bullshit on the premise, my guess is it probably does well with it's audience. [video type="youtube"]NQhHyHkCeBo[
/video]

I love the opening shot with the children's drawing on the wall while asking about something more natural for their family

Can someone tell me what actually is wrong with GMO/hormones/whatever?

I can understand the appeal of the whole "natural and organic for my precious family" but are any of these scary pest resistant or modified food bad even in a way that would even do the smallest bit of harm?

Pretty late edit: I read this article and everything became much clearer and I loving hate anti-GMO people about 1000% more now
http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...and_errors.html

stringball has a new favorite as of 12:32 on May 25, 2016

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Here thread, have a lame trailer for a kickstarter game experiencing development hell, countless delays, and ever-dwindling expectations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngbHOz--oc

(Mighty No. 9)

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Grey Fox posted:

Here thread, have a lame trailer for a kickstarter game experiencing development hell, countless delays, and ever-dwindling expectations:

(Mighty No. 9)

I don't know if they're cutscenes or just debug tools to reorient the camera, but when that game is at any angle other than far away as a 2D platformer, it looks like one of those Brazilian Pixar knockoffs.

Anyway I dunno if it has come up in this thread before, and I don't know all of the details, but wasn't it Mighty No. 9's development team that created a Kickstarter for a second, garbage-looking game that then turned out to not actually need crowdfunding anyway because they had already gotten a studio to back them but were keeping that to be a surprise? I'm sad that Megaman Legends 3 is never coming out with Inafune gone from Capcom, but I'm more surprised now how he was able to lead a development team successfully ever, considering he has put himself into development hell on two different indie projects at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klugman
Jan 28, 2009

Grey Fox posted:

(Mighty No. 9)

Mighty Mega Man Lawsuit