Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

GoutPatrol posted:

I got a message from my LGS owner if I wanted to get a box at what would by 199 dollars. I asked around for my friends if they wanted to draft it and they all said no.

Uh. You should buy that anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
What does the f in flgs stand for? Friendly?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Yeah, if you can get it for less than the msrp I'd recommend it.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

What does the f in flgs stand for? Friendly?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=flgs

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Friendly or loving, depending on how much of a businessman/grognard the owner is.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I will buy your $199 box for $220 shipped (jam it in a $9 flat rate) if you would like to make an easy $10 :v:

This set has me so excited even though it's all cards I already own (except I think I only have 3 cabal therapies). I'm hoping I get to draft the everloving gently caress out of this.

As for Shocks in legacy, the only time the shocks really matter is A) When Your Opponent is Burn And Your Goal Is To Race Them, and B) When You're Playing WIth Daze.

If you're running shocks then maybe jam some chills in your sideboard to hedge that one worse matchup.

Like, Underground sea is strictly better than watery grave, but the other 56 cards in the deck are still going to win plenty of games, it's not like the Sea is the thing that deals 20 damage.

It's relatively rare that a legacy game that doesn't involve dazes and delvers is affected by a few points of life.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Why when none of my friends, nor I, want to draft it and we don't play Legacy/Vintage? If I was going to play it, I would just draft it at the store instead.

Sigma-X posted:

I will buy your $199 box for $220 shipped (jam it in a $9 flat rate) if you would like to make an easy $10 :v:

I don't live in the US.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

GoutPatrol posted:

Why when none of my friends, nor I, want to draft it and we don't play Legacy/Vintage? If I was going to play it, I would just draft it at the store instead.

Because you can probably sell it on ebay for nearly double that priceish?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

The March Hare posted:

Because you can probably sell it on ebay for nearly double that priceish?

People really buy in print sealed product for 400$?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Because with a sizable outlay of cash you can make less than minimum wage by dealing with the post office! Assuming you don't get scammed somehow.

Okay, now that I put it that way...

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Thisuck posted:

I was just going to post that you only need 3 Tundras and that they didn't do the stupid price hike that Underground Sea did when I checked a few months ago when I picked up my 3rd one. Then I checked TCG and what the gently caress, it went up $60+ in the span of like 2-3 months.

Edit: waiting on the Kird Ape reprint so I can remake my first GR deck.

eternal masters announcement has caused reserve list cards to move. Expect more price moves after EMA if legacy demand spikes.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

odiv posted:

Because with a sizable outlay of cash you can make less than minimum wage by dealing with the post office! Assuming you don't get scammed somehow.

Okay, now that I put it that way...

Congratulations! You have won the spanish national lottery.

To transfer you your winnings I will require from you one sealed booster box (henceforth known as box) of Eternal Masters (henceforth known as EMA). Please send your EMA box to

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

I've seen more and more people at my local shops running shocks over duals. Particularly Watery Grave over Underground Sea, since there are a lot of UB decks that can spare two life or can live with a tapped land. Re-animator, ANT, Shardless, etc.

You can't run shocks in ANT because your life is very relevant for going off with extra probes and for Ad Nausiam. Also any deck playing Daze can't play shocks for obvious reasons.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Well, I'm giving up hope on my Rishadan Port reprint a little more every day. Is Misdirection still possible?

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

I've seen more and more people at my local shops running shocks over duals. Particularly Watery Grave over Underground Sea, since there are a lot of UB decks that can spare two life or can live with a tapped land. Re-animator, ANT, Shardless, etc.

I remember there was a thing from Blogotog saying that there'll be a new format introduced this year, wonder if it'll be the whole "Legacy w/o the reserve list" thing people have been raging about.

suicidesteve posted:

Well, I'm giving up hope on my Rishadan Port reprint a little more every day. Is Misdirection still possible?

:smith: I want a Rishadan port reprint over the Karakas, that's all I need now to finish Death & Taxes.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Thisuck posted:

I remember there was a thing from Blogotog saying that there'll be a new format introduced this year, wonder if it'll be the whole "Legacy w/o the reserve list" thing people have been raging about.

:smith: I want a Rishadan port reprint over the Karakas, that's all I need now to finish Death & Taxes.

If they did a legacy without reserved list cards or just straight up banning reserved list cards in legacy would be beautiful.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

suicidesteve posted:

Still 5 slots for port available, 4 slots for Misdirection

Sickening posted:

If they did a legacy without reserved list cards or just straight up banning reserved list cards in legacy would be beautiful.

Highly debatable

Thisuck posted:

I remember there was a thing from Blogotog saying that there'll be a new format introduced this year,

This isn't true

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

No it wouldn't. It would be way too similar to modern. One of the great things about the legacy is playing with real duals.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
I'd be fine with a Rishadan Port reprint if they also reprinted Teferi's Response! :D

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
They have to reprint port for mtgo unless they have some other plan, I'd almost put money on it being in the set if it weren't wotc we were talking about here but I think good odds it is in the set.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It really doesn't make sense for Port not to be in this set.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Steve misdirection was in conspiracy.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Art downgrade. Where's my mechsuit shooting laser beams?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

mcmagic posted:

It really doesn't make sense for Port not to be in this set.

This is why I'm worried that it won't be in. It also didn't make sense for Misdirection not to be in VMA but here we are with $100 Misdirections.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Fish Of Doom posted:

Agreed, that's infinitely worse.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Fish Of Doom posted:

Yeah what the hell, I wanted a Shardless Agent reart though. What do you guys think of a Chalice of the Void reprint in limited?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Lions eye diamond needs to be in this

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

DangerDongs posted:

Lions eye diamond needs to be in this

it would be nice, but its on the list.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Thisuck posted:

Yeah what the hell, I wanted a Shardless Agent reart though. What do you guys think of a Chalice of the Void reprint in limited?

Unfortunately with Ashnod's Altar being 218 and Chrome Mox being 219, Chalice is out.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

suicidesteve posted:

This is why I'm worried that it won't be in. It also didn't make sense for Misdirection not to be in VMA but here we are with $100 Misdirections.

They just reprinted it in conspiracy. Maybe it will be in conspiracy 2 instead. MTGO Misdirection is 100 bucks? Jesus Christ.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Fish Of Doom posted:

magic is ruined

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Errant Gin Monks posted:

They just reprinted it in conspiracy. Maybe it will be in conspiracy 2 instead. MTGO Misdirection is 100 bucks? Jesus Christ.

Wasn't conspiracy not on mtgo or something like that?

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
The art in this set is horrendous

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Terrible Horse posted:

You could say that again, mate.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Thisuck posted:

With this being an aggressive format it might be different but typically Chalice is terrible in a format where 1 drops are meaningless and your curve is heavy in 3s and 4s.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Terrible Horse posted:

New Vampiric Tutor and Forcawill are pretty good, and I like Black Tim. Daze also has good art it's just on the wrong card. Enlightened tutor is coolish as well, really I think the only big misses are Void and Counterspell

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Skyl3lazer posted:

Wasn't conspiracy not on mtgo or something like that?

It was VMA.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sigma-X posted:

With this being an aggressive format it might be different but typically Chalice is terrible in a format where 1 drops are meaningless and your curve is heavy in 3s and 4s.

Yeah Chalice would be pretty mediocre in standard.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Chalice seems very bad in limited because there's no real reason why it should hurt your opponent more than it hurts you. Although the most likely case is that it does nothing at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
chalice of the void is very bad in limited, might as well be another land most of the time.

• Locked thread