Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

jm20 posted:

Have you seen some of the eve facebook groups?

yeah that screaming llama dude crossposts and is the platonic ideal of said groups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

those D posts are somehow worse than llama

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

llama was pretty funny but to laugh at not with

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
He sent me an angry pm after I explained why I probated him. He did not agree with my reasoning :(

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Caroline Grace, the player who noticed the space fart which was then named Caroline's Star

https://twitter.com/NewEdenCaroline/status/735495976132153345

I feel like we should wait a week or so just to make sure everyone stands down

nevermind that:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
caroline grace famous for getting her freighters blown the gently caress up repeatedly and of nothing else ever

VideoGames posted:

He sent me an angry pm after I explained why I probated him. He did not agree with my reasoning :(

hell yeah actual confirmation that dude isnt a gimmick

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I enjoy this newfound irrelevance, it certainly feels like something that happened before. Nostalgia!

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

caroline grace famous for getting her freighters blown the gently caress up repeatedly and of nothing else ever

hell yeah actual confirmation that dude isnt a gimmick

or he's just committed to the character :iiam:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's pretty awesome watching the river of salt flowing in the comments on every article on TMC complaining that the website isn't parroting all the hot /r/eve talking points.

In other news I'm a little tempted to fly a bomber to Saranen, it sounds like the place is pretty much nonstop thunderdome.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of alliance tickers, where does CONDI come from?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
So I switched from 5x heavy drones to 2x gecko and 1x heavy. There is a 100 dps gain on paper, but I am not seeing a difference in ticks.

Is there a reason for this? (Am I missing a downside for the Gecko?)

I'm currently running 4x DDA2 and 1x OTE2 for low slot. Would 3x DDA2 and 2x OTE2 see better results?

tia guys.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

nex posted:

Condiment

to elaborate. Epsilon squad :rip: had a squad leader, Condiment.

http://evewho.com/pilot/Condiment

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 25, 2016

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

VideoGames posted:

Dragonstalking is also not pleased, I laugh every time he brings it up.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
:owned:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

FranktheBank posted:

I'm on my 7th week playing, someone suggested I buy one 2 weeks ago.

I purchased my 7th injector a couple days ago. I'm 300mil from buying 3 more to inject Heavy Drones 5...

Are you selling Plex to buy these injectors, do you have a space sugar daddy, or have you just been very fortunate with exploration drops or something?

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

jm20 posted:

Condiment

to elaborate. Epsilon squad :rip: had a squad leader, Condiment.

Hm, interesting - is there any spesific reason for picking his name as alliance ticker?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Xolve posted:

TISHU reminds me of post-fountain TEST.

Dix is lead by booda. Do the math.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Condi is the name of a goonfleet.com emote of two hands flipping people off, the alliance was named after the emote, I assume the emote was named after the guy jm20 is talking about.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

nex posted:

Hm, interesting - is there any spesific reason for picking his name as alliance ticker?

Epsilon was the cultural backbone of goonfleet, revered for their good posting. Honestly epsilon should be made public but RO to those without sig access.

evilweasel posted:

Condi is the name of a goonfleet.com emote of two hands flipping people off, the alliance was named after the emote, I assume the emote was named after the guy jm20 is talking about.

correct

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

Are you selling Plex to buy these injectors, do you have a space sugar daddy, or have you just been very fortunate with exploration drops or something?

Knowing frank, its the plexin

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Jazzzzz posted:

I rat a lot... like a lot. Like 6-10 hours a day.

Drythe posted:

Knowing frank, its the plexin

You would think so... but i've been a house husband for a year, so no gaming budget.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Xolve posted:

Dragonstalking is also not pleased, I laugh every time he brings it up.

Really?? I could have sworn that was absolutely self explanatory. Needless antagonism right after I asked for it to stop. I even said there would be no probations. I an so confused.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

This thread (and the current state of all EVE threads) has become vastly preferable for me compared to what was before - due both to your moderating and especially your posting!

VideoGames posted:

Really?? I could have sworn that was absolutely self explanatory. Needless antagonism right after I asked for it to stop. I even said there would be no probations. I an so confused.

Quite simply, I read your new rules as "talk about the war, let off some steam, but don't resort to personal attacks, dogpiling, and namecalling under any circumstance." Seems pretty straightforward to me?

"We dunked PL supers in Saranen! Haha get owned scrubs!" -this is OK.
"The Mittani is a creepy Hitlerphile whom nobody wants to hang out with IRL." -this is NOT OK.

Siets fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 25, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

VideoGames posted:

it just means he doesn't understand what he did wrong because he is thinking impaired

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

nex posted:

It's :condi:

Two giant middle fingers.

-Troika- posted:

It's pretty awesome watching the river of salt flowing in the comments on every article on TMC complaining that the website isn't parroting all the hot /r/eve talking points.

In other news I'm a little tempted to fly a bomber to Saranen, it sounds like the place is pretty much nonstop thunderdome.

Eh, not really. Most of the time it's dudes camping the undock killing empty pods or playing docking gently caress gently caress games. Then when one of our fleets goes out the campers gently caress off to the citadel.

Sometimes there are actual fights. Not as frequently as you might think.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
back when I was a far worse poster I would always get up in arms about Epsilon's thread making GBS threads and their "harming of morale!!!"

but now I really miss them and the more active forum we had back then in general.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Siets posted:

This thread (and the current state of all EVE threads) has become vastly preferable for me compared to what was before - due both to your moderating and especially your posting!

Quite simply, I read your new rules as "talk about the war, let off some steam, but don't resort to personal attacks, dogpiling, and namecalling under any circumstance." Seems pretty straightforward to me?

"We dunked PL supers in Saranen! Haha get owned scrubs!" -this is OK.
"The Mittani is a creepy Hitlerphile whom nobody wants to hang out with IRL." -this is NOT OK.

the rational discussions with xolve are interesting, the screaming of dragonstalking is just annoying. Dragonstalking likes to confuse annoying with trolling

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

FranktheBank posted:

So I switched from 5x heavy drones to 2x gecko and 1x heavy. There is a 100 dps gain on paper, but I am not seeing a difference in ticks.

Is there a reason for this? (Am I missing a downside for the Gecko?)

I'm currently running 4x DDA2 and 1x OTE2 for low slot. Would 3x DDA2 and 2x OTE2 see better results?

tia guys.

You're not getting better ticks because the geckos do omni damage, split evenly between the 4 types. Because rats have different resist profiles, the 5 heavies will do the same or better than 2 geckos and a heavy because despite the higher paper dps, the dps after resistances is lower. Use heavies that match the damage profile of the rats you're shooting.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

evilweasel posted:

And if I recall it was chosen because people were bitching about the new name (Goonswarm Federation that is) and it was basically 'gently caress you guys we're using this'.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

feedmegin posted:

And if I recall it was chosen because people were bitching about the new name (Goonswarm Federation that is) and it was basically 'gently caress you guys we're using this'.

Still better than SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSO.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Siets posted:

:agreed:

VideoGames is here to safe us all. :3:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

ullerrm posted:

Still better than SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSO.

Tamir Lenk's t-shirt with that on it was still kinda awesome tho.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Reverand maynard posted:

the rational discussions with xolve are interesting, the screaming of dragonstalking is just annoying. Dragonstalking likes to confuse annoying with trolling

Xolve is pretty chill to be fair.

The talk of squads is interesting, only because I don't entirely recall which one I ended up in, I think it was rho.
Edit: and probably the biggest social forum I got involved in (and one I'd dearly love to see come back if possible) is the ICCFC competitions - it's also been a huge influence on where I'm intending to take my life (and putting a lot of effort into), for reasons.

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 25, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

I'll be honest, I have mixed feelings on automatic squad assignment.

Pros: It forces you to interact with Goons you don't already know, and make the best of a bunch of mostly-well-meaning randos. There were probably a few newbees in the post-squad era who fell through the cracks because they never joined a sig/squad and felt isolated.

Cons: The quality of your first few days in GSF depended a lot on which squad you got into. If you got assigned to Theta or Rho, you got showered with isk and advice. If you got assigned to Delta, you got showered with piss and drama.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Olpainless posted:

Xolve is pretty chill to be fair.

since when

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

ullerrm posted:

I'll be honest, I have mixed feelings on automatic squad assignment.

Pros: It forces you to interact with Goons you don't already know, and make the best of a bunch of mostly-well-meaning randos. There were probably a few newbees in the post-squad era who fell through the cracks because they never joined a sig/squad and felt isolated.

Cons: The quality of your first few days in GSF depended a lot on which squad you got into. If you got assigned to Theta or Rho, you got showered with isk and advice. If you got assigned to Delta, you got showered with piss and drama.

Or you could be poor claire syerick and end up as the pi squad mascot and martyr.

edit: Squads are necessary for social development in an organization of GSF's size. Like clubs, Greek organizations, or professional organizations at a university, they're somewhat necessary to help people from being lost in the crowd.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ullerrm posted:

thats why you have people who aren't poo poo in charge of them :ms:

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

At least in this thread. Compared to twitter.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
I'm trying to decide against the caldari and amarr fax machines. Also just now realizing "oh hey light and support fighters might be a thing I should maybe train to 4" oops. Fighter Hangar Management is a bullshit skill. Still it gives me yet more stuff to :ullerrm: even if goonswarm is the alliance that doesn't fly caps. On the upside hey my dread training will be worth it when it's finished in six months :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Daco Vato posted:

I'm trying to decide against the caldari and amarr fax machines. Also just now realizing "oh hey light and support fighters might be a thing I should maybe train to 4" oops. Fighter Hangar Management is a bullshit skill. Still it gives me yet more stuff to :ullerrm: even if goonswarm is the alliance that doesn't fly caps. On the upside hey my dread training will be worth it when it's finished in six months :smith:

I'm training all that new bullshit including all gunnery specs, and have those pilots in blops pulling bridge duty in the meantime because there's a lot of crossover between the navigation skills.

• Locked thread