Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macnult

HighwireAct posted:

anyone listen to the new Radiohead album? I've really been digging it

I've only listened through it once but I liked it a lot and am patiently waiting for it to be available on Spotify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

This has been a good month for music and life in general imo.

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Luvcow posted:

only little bits, that is an album i will be buying at some point

:( yes i still buy and enjoy CDs and their cover art

yeah, there's definitely something nice about owning a physical copy. i wish I could afford to buy more records, because there are some excellent sleeves on some of my favorite LPs

Ohio State BOOniversity

https://my.mixtape.moe/zvfsrs.mp4

Jolyne Cujoh

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Metalblender Heckface Ultra Smash is one of my favorite bands!! MHUS!!!!

I actually googled to make sure this wasn't a real thing

it's not, in case anyone else was wondering.

I also enjoy that man dancing. He seems really happy and into it! :3:

symbolic

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

I have 0 knowledge of metal (or most music really) and this whole conversation looks like y'all're just trying to one-up each other with made up metal names
for the true experience, try reading the metal thread in NMD, currently mentioning bands like Chthe'ilist and Howls of Ebb

Elusif

Geese update. The geese are leese.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Would it be a good idea to make a photoshop/other software class effortpost megathread? I ask because I think it would be easier for reference instead of digging through the av workshop. I don't want to make the thread because I'm not experienced enough.

e: I vaguely remember the 'yob having one before

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 25, 2016

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Matoi Ryuko

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Geese update. The geese are leese.

Make sure they don't break their contract! :eng101:

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Yobgoblin posted:

Would it be a good idea to make a photoshop/other software class effortpost megathread? I ask because I think it would be easier for reference instead of digging through the av workshop. I don't want to make the thread because I'm not experienced enough.

e: I vaguely remember the 'yob having one before

I was tossing an idea of a general "teach us something you know" thread in my head, but I'm lazy and not good at OPing.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

shinmai posted:

I was tossing an idea of a general "teach us something you know" thread in my head, but I'm lazy and not good at OPing.

i did something vaguely useful for GBS a couple months back

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769125#post457662553

it's missing tweening but i'm sure y'all can figure that out

hi how are you ♥

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i did something vaguely useful for GBS a couple months back

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769125#post457662553

it's missing tweening but i'm sure y'all can figure that out

i completely forgot. Thanks for the reminder, SIB.

must be what... the 4th time now??

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 25, 2016

----------------

Jolyne Cujoh

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
SIB can you teach me how to make gifs from gimp undraw previous frames so I don't have to continue creating terrifying monstrosities like Lizwiz's avatar

Matoi Ryuko

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

SIB can you teach me how to make gifs from gimp undraw previous frames so I don't have to continue creating terrifying monstrosities like Lizwiz's avatar

I can, it's alot of words though.

bean mom

I got really mad at someone today and yelled at them and now i feel super bad and guilty.

:((

----------------

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Zyla posted:

I got really mad at someone today and yelled at them and now i feel super bad and guilty.

:((

It's okay, everyone has a snapping point. Just make sure to apologize to them the next time you see them, but you must first forgive yourself before you can ask for them to forgive you. If you don't mind me asking, what did they do?

bean mom

I Was The Fury posted:

It's okay, everyone has a snapping point. Just make sure to apologize to them the next time you see them, but you must first forgive yourself before you can ask for them to forgive you. If you don't mind me asking, what did they do?

it was really stupid i was playing a game that this person was moderating and they didn't properly follow the rules and I blew up at them

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

Okay I'm back:

The important part is that you have to make sure the frame disposal is set to replace.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

i hate GIMP and you should too.

to do this in photoshop (assuming you have CS2 from the link in that tutorial - it's free):

open your gif in imageready
from there select "Edit in Photoshop" in the file menu. This will let you access the frame data.

(if you have a newer version of photoshop just open the gif from photoshop. If you're working on a new gif then skip these steps)

Navigate down to the Animation window. Select all your frames. Right click one of them. You'll see a list of three options : automatic, dispose, do not dispose. That's usually the culprit. Select "dispose". All your frames will now have a weird little icon on them, which is cool.

Alt+Shift+Control+S and do all your gif settings.

uninstall GIMP

hi how are you ♥

Matoi Ryuko

Zyla posted:

it was really stupid i was playing a game that this person was moderating and they didn't properly follow the rules and I blew up at them

That's a bummer. Hopefully you can repair your relationship because it seems like you really care about it. :( Maybe if you let them know that you don't want this incident to ruin your relationship with your friend and that you didn't mean to go off on them they'll understand. Even if things don't work out it's good to try and make amends.

I Was The Fury

Zyla posted:

It can be very frustrating when a game moderator is ignorant of the rules they are supposed to be enforcing. Have you tried speaking to their manager? You might be able to get like some coupons or something I don't know how this works

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

I Was The Fury posted:

It can be very frustrating when a game moderator is ignorant of the rules they are supposed to be enforcing. Have you tried speaking to their manager? You might be able to get like some coupons or something I don't know how this works

hi how are you ♥

bean mom

Matoi Ryuko posted:

That's a bummer. Hopefully you can repair your relationship because it seems like you really care about it. :( Maybe if you let them know that you don't want this incident to ruin your relationship with your friend and that you didn't mean to go off on them they'll understand. Even if things don't work out it's good to try and make amends.

yeah i apologized for being immature, everyone assures me its alright, just feel guilty, i try never to get mad so when i do i kinda hulk out

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

Zyla posted:

yeah i apologized for being immature, everyone assures me its alright, just feel guilty, i try never to get mad so when i do i kinda hulk out

Maybe you should think about finding an outlet, so that it doesn't happen again. I like exercising but I sort of take exercising to an extreme level so maybe I'm not the best advice giver. :sweatdrop:

bean mom

i just lost my byob chill!

getting it back :3:

glad people liked my frog

----------------

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I Was The Fury posted:

this dude is on it!

----------------

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Zyla posted:

the chill never really leaves; sometimes you just have to search deeper inside yourself to find it

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HighwireAct posted:

the chill never really leaves; sometimes you just have to search deeper inside yourself to find it

I think we have our next hovertext

----------------

bean mom

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Maybe you should think about finding an outlet, so that it doesn't happen again. I like exercising but I sort of take exercising to an extreme level so maybe I'm not the best advice giver. :sweatdrop:

here's a realy old, feeble attempt at your character that i did a couple years ago when i was just learning

----------------

FluffieDuckie

I uninstalled gimp because Isaias told me to

I mean I had to install it first, but still

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

I Was The Fury

Zyla posted:

It was a great frog, and I'm sad that it ripped in half. But that's just the curse of Thursday eve interfering with the blessing of Wednesday present. Anyways I'm sure your chill will return to you, but if you have trouble getting it back just look to the horizon and remember that all your byobrothers are out there looking at a similar horizon, if not the same one.

Matoi Ryuko

Zyla posted:

here's a realy old, feeble attempt at your character that i did a couple years ago when i was just learning

Haha, nice.

FluffieDuckie posted:

That's a strange tutorial.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

FluffieDuckie posted:

you have to open it and learn to hate it first or it defeats the purpose!

hi how are you ♥

bean mom

this came out way better

----------------

cuntman.net

i dont want to make an adobe account :/

Matoi Ryuko

Zyla posted:

this came out way better

Did you know if you add the letters l,m,s or h to the end of your imgur filename it'll resize the picture without being thumbnailed?

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

TWIST FIST posted:

i dont want to make an adobe account :/

ugh, didn't realise that was part of it. I guess I already had one so I didn't get asked again

even so I'd hand Adobe the keys to my house if it was that or use GIMP

hi how are you ♥

bean mom

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Did you know if you add the letters l,m,s or h to the end of your imgur filename it'll resize the picture without being thumbnailed?

oh man i did not, thanks for the knows

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

Zyla posted:

oh man i did not, thanks for the knows

Today is tutorial day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

ugh, didn't realise that was part of it. I guess I already had one so I didn't get asked again

even so I'd hand Adobe the keys to my house if it was that or use GIMP

yeah i made one anyway it wasnt too much of a hassle

im probably going to forget my password immediately but im only going to download this once so maybe thats not a big deal???