Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

as someone who only play SFV online i do not like it. it has some of the worst netcode in the world. i cant even play my friend who lives in washington without terrible rollbacks constantly. this was not a problem in 4, and this is not a problem in any other fighting game.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's one of those threads where the people with the most posts in it have an intense dislike for people that enjoy the game

The game definitely has flaws but heck, most of those posters don't even own the game and have said they will never ever buy it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

as someone who only play SFV online i do not like it. it has some of the worst netcode in the world. i cant even play my friend who lives in washington without terrible rollbacks constantly. this was not a problem in 4, and this is not a problem in any other fighting game.

yeah basically. this isn't some sort of FGC circlejerk, SFV is just kind of a bad game. like the core gameplay isn't terrible but everything surrounding it is garbo. i think it's fair for people to complain about that and mention other recent FGs they think are better.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

To say nothing of the lovely attitudes towards people that are actually playing the game and ask for help on something

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the mc of galaxy railways almost came to terms with his ptsd and now his best friend turned out to be a suicide bomber aiming for the organisation he loves

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

To say nothing of the lovely attitudes towards people that are actually playing the game and ask for help on something

i skimmed through the thread and got a dude asking about the laura matchup and getting very specific advice?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I can get EOU for like $12

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

i skimmed through the thread and got a dude asking about the laura matchup and getting very specific advice?

That's more the exception than the rule.

I've seen requests for help get dismissed by saying that the person doesn't actually want to get better, that sorta thing.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

littleorv posted:

I can get EOU for like $12

untold is kinda mediocre, I'd wait for a sale on 2

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

i mean they're making jokes about sf5 being poo poo but it is kind of very underfeatured and even capcom themselves said so

It's not really "making jokes in the thread" when the thread at this point consists 90% of the same 5-10 shitposters making the same post about how Capcom is poo poo and SF5 is garbage.

It has some fundamental engine issues (8f input lag, terrible one-sided rollback) and questionable design decisions (stubby normals that don't match up with the actual model, dumb hit/hurtboxes on some moves) but people aren't discussing those because there's nothing else to say at this point, they're just flinging poo poo at the metaphorical walls.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

@Itaoka1

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

That's more the exception than the rule.

I've seen requests for help get dismissed by saying that the person doesn't actually want to get better, that sorta thing.

could you show me

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

I think 2 is on sale for $37 or so.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Motto posted:

@Itaoka1

well drawn

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

littleorv posted:

I think 2 is on sale for $37 or so.

if you liked 4 that's probably worth it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

What's bad about EOU, incidentally? The demo seemed fun. Is it just that the story mode is dumb/linear or is the class balance pretty bad?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

if you liked 4 that's probably worth it.

I've already died once after exchanging money to USD so what's another $37

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

class balance is pretty bad, the story mode is kinda dull and only has one likable character, and the grimoire system suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i looke dthat twitter up and its all magical girls i think or something?
https://twitter.com/Itaoka1/status/723222917878702080

this one looks like the mayoiga chick tho

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the story mode was pretty dull writing wise except for the Canadian wife and the party they give you wasn't super interesting mechanically. Also grimoires are dumb

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

i think that's a precure

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

the story mode was pretty dull writing wise except for the Canadian wife and the party they give you wasn't super interesting mechanically. Also grimoires are dumb

....Canadian wife?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I liked when Aaron Diaz got real pissy with Mary Cagle for teasing him about his waifu his character designs.

http://shawnstruck.blogspot.com/2014/08/open-letter-to-aaron-diaz-stop-hiding.html?m=1

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

class balance is pretty bad, the story mode is kinda dull and only has one likable character, and the grimoire system suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Ah, yeah, it seemed like it would be a chore from the demo alone. Did they take it out for EOU2?

NISA is slashing UK prices on Persona Q, EO4, EOU and Soul Hackers by like 75% tomorrow because of their tiff with Atlus, so I'm going to pick up Soul Hackers and EO4 at least.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

about 99.9% of me is into women, the other 1/2% is into other stuff

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

could you show me

Can't easily dig up posts while on mobile so you'll have to take my word on it, I'm afraid

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Cake Attack posted:

Ricky is too irresistible

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

littleorv posted:

....Canadian wife?

I'm at work so I'm not finding a picture but she's canadian and likes to drink

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

I'm at work so I'm not finding a picture but she's canadian and likes to drink

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Also: my condolences

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sharkopath posted:

the hot kind foreign husband meme

That's me, ladies

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best thing to come from untold was the beer mug with the drunk knight lady on it

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Davincie posted:

yeah it's mostly precure I think. the one I posted is from [onomatopoeia for heartbeat] precure

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

doki doki panic

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Someone post the Canadian wife

Thanks

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's not really "making jokes in the thread" when the thread at this point consists 90% of the same 5-10 shitposters making the same post about how Capcom is poo poo and SF5 is garbage.

It has some fundamental engine issues (8f input lag, terrible one-sided rollback) and questionable design decisions (stubby normals that don't match up with the actual model, dumb hit/hurtboxes on some moves) but people aren't discussing those because there's nothing else to say at this point, they're just flinging poo poo at the metaphorical walls.

I would forgive literally every single one of SF5's other flaws if the rollback didn't make the game completely unplayable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

eek, a mouse

• Locked thread