Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I was just kidding, life is pain because I too enjoy playing team support classes. I think I might be the most aggressive Reinhardt in the game because of all the times when I am alone on the cart.

I am the most objective lucio ever. I just stand on it and dance around my objective times usually are like 3+ minutes. Somehow I just dance and grind avoiding death while healing everyone around me.

I literally ground inside the hole in Ilios for like 2 minutes straight contesting a point while they tried to kill me praying my team would take the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The cart heals over time when you are near it

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

The cart heals you when you're pushing it.

This makes me suspect you've never pushed the payload.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

So satisfying. I'm the Zarya, Mother Russia is stronk.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Zar is very good with heroes like Pharah, and Hanzo's ults.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Ddraig posted:

Pushing is for plebes. I'm a Widowmaker main.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Does Lucio's upper body have a much smaller hitbox than everyone elses? I can never get a killing shot on him with Roadhog's combo unless I aim downwards. It makes me suspect there's something about his posture/model that makes it so the typical killzone isn't there.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I never noticed the cart healed me.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

I keep watching this loop over and over, it's so perfect. :allears:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

I never noticed the cart healed me.

Me neither. I push the cart all the time though I swear :(

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

pulp rag posted:

I keep watching this loop over and over, it's so perfect. :allears:

It was a group of 6 goons and voice comms went wild when we all saw it.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I did a do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH-DTuqa37w

Sorry, I have to post a video. I'm bad at that gif making. I also wish I knew of a way to turn off global chat. Is there one? Having that seems like a dumb idea.

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
:smug:

objects in mirror fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 25, 2016

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Raskolnikov posted:

So Victory / Defeat is a good spot then?

When I hit level 10 I noticed the achievement for it popped up during the VICTORY screen. It then went to the card voting, then finally to the xp count where I went from 9.x to 10.x.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

objects in mirror posted:

:smug:

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/Latx5qF.webm/timg]

Its cool learning about webms is fun!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Interesting that the release of OW had no impact on CSGO

http://steamcharts.com/app/730

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Why would it? They are two completely different styles of FPS.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Zikan posted:

Plus CS:GO has a Moba-like community, aka completely obsessed

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Zikan posted:

http://steamcharts.com/app/440#1m looks like there was no impact on TF2 either though. But that title's free to play

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
No one in Latin America commends the fuckin' healer.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm feeling conflicted about buying this cause I've watched some streams and it looks fun but I hate the way Blizzard monetizes their games. Has their been any word on if this is gonna get updates that have an additional cost?

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm feeling conflicted about buying this cause I've watched some streams and it looks fun but I hate the way Blizzard monetizes their games. Has their been any word on if this is gonna get updates that have an additional cost?

They haven't ruled that out, but they have said all heroes and all maps will be free.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

They have said that future hero/map additions will have no additional cost.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gq9kftjJCI

:grin:

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Have had some really good games with goons the last few nights, though we don't win as often as we should.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Vermain posted:

They have said that future hero/map additions will have no additional cost.

Okay that makes me feel better about buying this. Probably will sink some money on it tomorrow and then fail miserably because I haven't played an FPS in roughly 3 years.

Is there an easy way to learn the maps, like an offline mode you can just run around them in?

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine

drewmoney posted:

Have had some really good games with goons the last few nights, though we don't win as often as we should.

Playing the past two nights with some goons the experience has been that winning -- or even losing -- when the team is being competitive is very exhilarating but getting stomped on sucks and you'll find yourself facing equally skilled and superior teams quickly.

There were a couple of matches we lost where the match was still fun cause people did what they were supposed to do and the outcome of the match was in the hands of the gods.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Internet Kraken posted:

Okay that makes me feel better about buying this. Probably will sink some money on it tomorrow and then fail miserably because I haven't played an FPS in roughly 3 years.

Is there an easy way to learn the maps, like an offline mode you can just run around them in?

There's a "play vs bots" mode, but as far as I know you can't pick what map you go to, it randomly rotates maps like a regular game.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

It's an always online game, but you can set up custom games that allow you to fly/walk around the map to explore them by yourself and try out different heroes.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

There are practice modes, yeah, including just playing against bots.

One thing I'm confused about from just watching a stream: on KotH, do you actually need a teammate standing in the point to get the percentage to tick up, or once you've claimed it the percentage ticks up at a fixed rate?

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Main Paineframe posted:

It's not like Reinhart can really do much to stop them. He has to drop his shield and turn around to protect the healer, and given the role he plays and the positions he tends to take, that's only slightly less bad than the healer using their pistol instead of their heal beams. Besides, Reinhart expects (quite reasonably) his other teammates to be behind his shield and assumes that they will deal with the threat, and his situational awareness is crap anyway since he can't look around without moving the shield too.

Mei is absolutely positively the spiritual successor of the Pyro. Genji can play the ambusher Pyro a bit, reflecting people's attacks back at them while murdering them with terrible attacks at close range from behind.

Shoot guys. Your right-click does heavy damage, has long range, and goes through shields. Your left-click auto-aims and will kill most flankers if you fire first.

I unlocked a firefighter skin for Mei, in case she wasn't Pyro enough.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Ddraig posted:

The payload healing doesn't come with a visual effect like TF2's payloads do, and there's so many sources of passive and passive-ish healing in this game that it's easy to see your health ticking up and assume your team's Lucio is somewhere nearby, or it's just your shields regenerating, or something like that.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Ddraig posted:

Does Lucio's upper body have a much smaller hitbox than everyone elses? I can never get a killing shot on him with Roadhog's combo unless I aim downwards. It makes me suspect there's something about his posture/model that makes it so the typical killzone isn't there.

Yes. Same with Mei. Both have a lower kill zone. So does torb but duh. Quite a few of the characters are actually pretty sure. Lucio Mei and tracer barely reach up to the counter in the theater.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

The main drives of the maps aren't complex, you will learn them by just playing. And don't worry about being bad either, it is launch and anyone who seriously gives you flak about not being perfect is a grade A rear end in a top hat

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Our Zarya did this when my Soldier 76 ult was ready and man was that poo poo satisfying

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Figures that my first two legendary skins are both of the Kali looking ones for Symmetra. At least they look kind of cool.

SierraNovember
Nov 3, 2011
DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE TELL ME THAT YOU'RE A WOMEN OR GAY. I'M SO TIRED OF PEOPLE TELLING ME THAT THAT I KEEP BREAKING MY FUCKING KEYBOARD. GOD JUST READING THAT MAKES ME WANT TO BASH IT IN UNTIL EVERYTHING IS COVERED WITH BLOOD, FLESH, AND BONE AAAARGHAARHGHGHAHRHHFFF
Really got into Genji tonight, turns out running into bastions with reflection up never gets old, not does watching Widowmakers cheeks as she runs away whilst you shout angry Japanese words at her after running up her wall.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Yesterday as Pharah I slowly floated slightly behind and slightly above a moving platform to use it as mobile cover while a widowmaker below tried to get a bead on me.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero.
Apr 21, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

As far as I know they confirmed that there wont be any more microtransactions. Right now the only crap you can buy are loot boxes that contain only cosmetic stuff skins, sprays etc. One box contains 4 seperate items, at least a rare and they are roughly around 1 buck each. That being said you get these everytime you get a levelup anyway and since there is no levelcap it is literally possible to unlock everything without money.
Besides of this you get all new maps and heroes for free.