Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I thought the manual said something about using a drop or two of silicone lube. I think there's a FAQ on Klim's website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Supradog posted:

Have you done lube or something with the zippers btw? Some of my front 4 chest ventilation zippers are starting to get a little stiff to operate and I don't wanna break a tooth on them. I'm talking about the ones with the big plastic teeth.

I haven't, but that seems like a great idea

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH

kuffs posted:

I thought the manual said something about using a drop or two of silicone lube. I think there's a FAQ on Klim's website.

Hm, you are totally right. Applied some few drops of silicon lube and they are much better.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Good call, my Badlands pants have stubborn zips.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

You gotta lube those zips. They had to stop using that type of zipper for the main zipper of the jacket. It saw way too much wear and no one was responsible enough to lube it consistently. They were getting a ton of warranty claims.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Oh boy my bike is stumbling again. Let's hope it's not a sensor this time!

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Just ordered some silicone lube for my zips. Thanks for the tip!

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Dear person who hit my parked bike last night and ran without leaving information:

I hope you get an incurable, insuppressible version of genital herpes that causes searing pain on your junk for the remainder of your life. Also I hope you lose a leg, and your kid becomes an infamous serial killer or something, I don't know. gently caress you.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Sonofabitch must pay. Oh man, that's my nightmare. Coming back to my bike to go home from work and...

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ripoff posted:

Dear person who hit my parked bike last night and ran without leaving information:

I hope you get an incurable, insuppressible version of genital herpes that causes searing pain on your junk for the remainder of your life. Also I hope you lose a leg, and your kid becomes an infamous serial killer or something, I don't know. gently caress you.

gently caress that person, my blood is boiling just looking at the picture. Scum.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
My biggest fear isn't that someone will knock my bike over in the parking lot, it's that I won't find them after. :unsmigghh:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Ripoff posted:

Rip

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Lynza posted:

Sonofabitch must pay. Oh man, that's my nightmare. Coming back to my bike to go home from work and...

Yeah you're not getting anywhere fast because my shift lever's bent and it's happened to be bent right over the damned shift linkage. :smith: The bike's stuck until the parts come in when my lazy rear end gets around to ordering them.

Also gently caress Italian bike pricing because holy poo poo $85 for a shift lever and like $130 for the clutch lever. :shepicide: Yeah we're going aftermarket with this poo poo because what the gently caress, Ducati?

Slavvy posted:

gently caress that person, my blood is boiling just looking at the picture. Scum.

I will be the first to admit I screamed like a petulant child this morning and it put me in "a mood" until long after lunch. Not proud of that, but yeah.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Ripoff posted:

Yeah you're not getting anywhere fast because my shift lever's bent and it's happened to be bent right over the damned shift linkage. :smith: The bike's stuck until the parts come in when my lazy rear end gets around to ordering them.

Also gently caress Italian bike pricing because holy poo poo $85 for a shift lever and like $130 for the clutch lever. :shepicide: Yeah we're going aftermarket with this poo poo because what the gently caress, Ducati?

I will be the first to admit I screamed like a petulant child this morning and it put me in "a mood" until long after lunch. Not proud of that, but yeah.

let's find them and beat them to death with a dildo

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Razzled posted:

let's find them and beat them to death with a dildo

Sounds good, you bring the dildo I'll bring the pain.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
But you repeat yourself.

Dellikose
Oct 10, 2003

Ripoff posted:

what the gently caress, Ducati?

Username/post funny.

A lot of people go GP shift because of the retarded prices on the stock shifter.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Dellikose posted:

Username/post funny.

A lot of people go GP shift because of the retarded prices on the stock shifter.

I was considering it, but being that I have been riding normal shifters my entire life I'm pretty sure I'll end up redlining the engine at some point and replacing a motor is probably more expensive. I'm too dumb and old to do new and interesting things anymore.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Yesterday I had three near-death experiences (I'm being a little hyperbolic).

First was on my very narrow, hasn't been paved that long road. I came around a blind corner to see a very large transport truck, hauling a backhoe, driving BACKWARDS up the road. Got straight, slowed down, went a little onto the grass shoulder just to give him some room, and continued.

Then, on my way home, going on a 2-lane city street in the left lane, a woman in a big SUV just started coming over. She was right next to me, she just didn't look until she'd gotten nearly her entire SUV in my lane, and I was riding the line on the oncoming traffic. She saw me, was immediately mortified, and ALMOST PUT DOWN HER PHONE she was so shocked to have nearly murdered someone.

Finally, on the last leg of my ride home from work, at a T intersection where my lane and the oncoming lane had right of way, with the other point of the T having a stop, a girl somehow managed to not see the large Ford truck in front of me, or me, and pulled out from the T so perfectly that she just slid in probably a foot or less behind the truck, and about 10' in front of me. I could tell it was an accident because she started throwing her hands around like "HOLY poo poo WHAT THE gently caress DID I JUST DO" for the next 300 feet until she pulled off the road and stopped.

I decided to work from home today if this is any indication of the kind of Amateur Hour poo poo I should expect with the holiday weekend.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

My commute isn't terrible. The same route off-hours is terrifying. At least the 9-5ers are predictable. Holiday traffic is murderous.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Ripoff posted:

sleep tight ground bike

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

ElMaligno posted:

sleep tight ground bike

It's still there as a testament to the failure of humanity. I'm working on a music video tribute set to "Desperado" by The Eagles.

Lynza posted:

I decided to work from home today if this is any indication of the kind of Amateur Hour poo poo I should expect with the holiday weekend.

After the number of idiots around Atlanta pulling the "oh hey that's my exit" and swinging across 4 lanes to get to it, I've decided it's probably good that my bike is dead.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Ripoff posted:

After the number of idiots around Atlanta pulling the "oh hey that's my exit" and swinging across 4 lanes to get to it, I've decided it's probably good that my bike is dead.

Yesterday I got the "oh poo poo that's my lane" cut up halfway round a motorway junction roundabout. The exit we're going for is two lanes wide, and not twenty yards after getting onto it she pulls back over into the lane she was in.

WHYYYYYYYY

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
A few weeks back I think I was justified in giving the driver the middle finger as i rode past. Doing 40-45, 3 lane road, woman in middle lane realizes her turn is right there and swings over to the right, missing me by inches.

Also for the first time took a car in daylight (two firsts) along a horrible road i used to commute down, was weird seeing it from the inside of a car (And in daylight). That road used to terrify me due to being downhill, covered in gravel and sometimes huge puddles (Builders yard at the top, river alongside) along with of course being narrow as poo poo, unlit and a 40.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Ripoff posted:

It's still there as a testament to the failure of humanity. I'm working on a music video tribute set to "Desperado" by The Eagles.

Atlanta you say? I'm in Gwinnett. Need to get my bike working and meet up with some CA georgia goons. What ever happened to Goon Gap?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Ripoff posted:

What a colossal douche.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Garage door opener broke today, wouldn't even stay open while lifted manually. I held the garage door open so my girlfriend could back her Mustang out to run errands with. She swung a little wide pulling out, clipping my bike and knocking it onto its side. Right in front of my eyes.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Revvik posted:

Garage door opener broke today, wouldn't even stay open while lifted manually. I held the garage door open so my girlfriend could back her Mustang out to run errands with. She swung a little wide pulling out, clipping my bike and knocking it onto its side. Right in front of my eyes.

Sever.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Revvik posted:

Do you have to hold the garage door again when she parks the car? You know what to do.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Now that her Mustang has a taste for blood/steel, I would stay away whenever she pulls out of any parking lots.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Revvik posted:

I'm so so sorry about your 25-life.:glomp:

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Revvik posted:

Her next birthday present:

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
I hurt my thumb and haven't been able to ride in almost a month, and it's making me looking at CTX700's.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Dutymode posted:

I hurt my thumb and haven't been able to ride in almost a month, and it's making me looking at CTX700's.

ill sell you one

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

How much for a new thumb?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yesterday I was out for a ride, far right lane, light traffic in both the right lanes but the left lane clogged by idiots, doing about 70 in a 55. Two guys on sportbikes with no gear passed me like I was standing still, and a few seconds later as I was about to undertake a guy in the middle lane he jerked hard into my lane, stood on his brake, and flipped me off, like he was punishing me for also being a guy on a bike at the same time.

I actually had my camera mounted but it A) Still wobbles too much to get much of a decent video and B) Died literally 30 seconds before it happened.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Revvik posted:

Oh god, the goon curse starts. When will the bloodshed end? :gonk:

Coredump posted:

Atlanta you say? I'm in Gwinnett. Need to get my bike working and meet up with some CA georgia goons. What ever happened to Goon Gap?

Oh cool! I'm a Fulton County shithead. I love riding around Dahlonega on the "Georgia Gap", which is ironically a chunk of US-129. I'm supposed to be traveling back to my parents' place on an upcoming Friday but flights are unreasonably expensive lately, so I'm holding off until next month and keeping the day off as a "motorcycle holiday".

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Ripoff posted:

Oh god, the goon curse starts. When will the bloodshed end? :gonk:

Oh cool! I'm a Fulton County shithead. I love riding around Dahlonega on the "Georgia Gap", which is ironically a chunk of US-129. I'm supposed to be traveling back to my parents' place on an upcoming Friday but flights are unreasonably expensive lately, so I'm holding off until next month and keeping the day off as a "motorcycle holiday".

let's do an italian suches day, it'll be a grand old time

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Aye, I'm quite familiar with Blood Mountain and the run up 60 between Dahonega and Suches. Don't get the idea I can ride worth a drat but I'm familiar with the area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Update:

Rear fender straightened out, photo before buffing.

Chewed up throttle grip. She hit the thing pretty hard, fucker bounced, but other than some fine hair line scratches on the exhaust that I can't get to show in photographs it's like nothing happened at all.

E: oh and a bent brake lever, slight, but that hardly counts for much either.

Revvik fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 1, 2016