Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Impotent is probably better, yeah. I just mean nobody is actually getting hurt by it is the thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Tracula posted:

Impotent is probably better, yeah. I just mean nobody is actually getting hurt by it is the thing.

The main issue is this is kind of exactly the kind of guy who ends up going full :commissar: one day. Like, let's look at the facts here: He's a weirdly repressed heavily religious christian type who believes everything he thinks or does is of monumental importance, and has written multiple lengthy public screeds about sex/women/gays/the liberal conspiracy. Like, those are the main check boxes in the serial killer check list. Seriously, just pretend he printed all this poo poo out and has pinned it all up in his 'CSI-style evidence dungeon' for a second. How much of his writing would be out of place?

Also, a bit of time cube in not understanding how he fundamentally doesn't understand the shape he's named stuff after.

(Also, HIV IS NOT SPREAD BY SALIVA.)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Welcome...

to the world of AIDS!

gecs
Oct 23, 2010

The main issue is this is kind of exactly the kind of guy who ends up going full :commissar: one day. Like, let's look at the facts here: He's a weirdly repressed heavily religious christian type who believes everything he thinks or does is of monumental importance, and has written multiple lengthy public screeds about sex/women/gays/the liberal conspiracy. Like, those are the main check boxes in the serial killer check list. Seriously, just pretend he printed all this poo poo out and has pinned it all up in his 'CSI-style evidence dungeon' for a second. How much of his writing would be out of place?

Also, a bit of time cube in not understanding how he fundamentally doesn't understand the shape he's named stuff after.

If CSI-like characters were going through evidence and had to straight-face read aloud things like Stationery voyager, Mutt Mackley and the one spy piece you're talking about, I would watch the poo poo out of that.

gecs fucked around with this message at 08:05 on May 25, 2016

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I don't think Dozer could ever be convicted of anything.

There's an orgy of evidence to signal his downfall, it'd look like a setup to any rational human.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Dozerfleet's wiki could be the starting point of SO many plots and characters, and that's what I love about him. He just seems constantly on the verge of being the subject of some media.

Yes, he could be the murderer in a crime drama. Probably a more long-term story where he's maybe a serial killer, but he could easily be just a Bad Guy Of The Week on CSI or something.
Or, he could be the protagonist of some indie romantic comedy. Picture the creepy but ultimately innocent protagonist, painstakingly documenting every element of his life, trying to find love and successfully get people to see and appreciate his art while navigating his hopelessly broken mind. That movie would be loving insufferable, but it would work.
Tweak his age and/or social skills, he's a stellar escapist protagonist. Children's books, young adult novels, Ernest Kline... fudge the numbers a bit and he's a great fit for them.

You could make so much good poo poo with him as the starting point.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I still get nostalgic for Last Resort and went on YouTube when the episode finished. Glad to know I can still rap along to 90% of it

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Uh, I beg to differ.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Tracula posted:

Except, you know, the girl(s) he is stalking. No, he's not loving harmless. It's fine to laugh at his craziness on Fplus, but don't try to pretend he's benign. Dude is creepy and really likely a stalker, and unless you have been on the receiving end of that you have no idea how terrifying that can be.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
He's not stalking anyone. He sent some poor girl "newsletters" about his dog when he was in high school.

However unpleasant Dozerfleet may be, he's not dangerous. That would involve action.

The main issue is this is kind of exactly the kind of guy who ends up writing a wiki page about going full :commissar: one day.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Sham bam bamina! posted:

He's not stalking anyone. He sent some poor girl "newsletters" about his dog when he was in high school.

However unpleasant Dozerfleet may be, he's not dangerous. That would involve action.

Dude, that's stalking, and stalking can be terrifying. You don't have to physically touch someone to harm them.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
i went to dozerfleet wiki and found info on regular people including their names, pictures of them and in some cases where they live, all two clicks from trapezoid kids

that's pretty hosed up

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

That's definitely gross harassment of some flavor.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Oh dear, I went to the page for that Blood Over Water student film and clicked everyone's names.

Why.

why

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Yeah, this guy's a time bomb. :sigh:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
While the links explain that she technically isn't really in possession of the last name of Tilne, she has that surname on this wiki due to an agreement made in 2009.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Kyle was originally from the Frankenmuth area, having been born and raised there. He was born on July 28th of 1987 in temperatures ranging from the upper 70s to the lower 80s, on a day with little to no precipitation and a gentle wind of not-quite 4 MPH.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that can't be really what's on the pa-ah gently caress you

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

He loving catalogues, in plain view of basically everyone, the names and work histories and sometimes loving social media pages of people he worked with on class projects and internships and probably other stuff too that I haven't found yet while running through his wiki. He not only obsessively writes thousands of words about these people, he also publishes them. One of the pages has a woman's name (maiden and married), her date of birth, a photo, a comprehensive list of her roles in stuff she worked on with him and also some other stuff, a list of other people that come up when you google her name, and also the names of her husband and child. Someone else's page tells us that due to "personal life issues" he has to hide her real name. This is, you know, on top of all the homophobic screeds and ranting about how terrible having sex is.

He's crazy, obsessive and full to the brim of damaging viewpoints. Even the goofy poo poo about pens and not-trapezoids is full of pretty awful stuff when you actually read it. Maybe he's not causing actual harm, but lets not pretend he's not capable of it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Alaois posted:

that can't be really what's on the pa-ah gently caress you

I immediately read it in the voice of Garrison Keillor.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

MooCowlian posted:

He loving catalogues, in plain view of basically everyone, the names and work histories and sometimes loving social media pages of people he worked with on class projects and internships and probably other stuff too that I haven't found yet while running through his wiki. He not only obsessively writes thousands of words about these people, he also publishes them. One of the pages has a woman's name (maiden and married), her date of birth, a photo, a comprehensive list of her roles in stuff she worked on with him and also some other stuff, a list of other people that come up when you google her name, and also the names of her husband and child. Someone else's page tells us that due to "personal life issues" he has to hide her real name. This is, you know, on top of all the homophobic screeds and ranting about how terrible having sex is.

He's crazy, obsessive and full to the brim of damaging viewpoints. Even the goofy poo poo about pens and not-trapezoids is full of pretty awful stuff when you actually read it. Maybe he's not causing actual harm, but lets not pretend he's not capable of it.

It kind of feels like Wikia would have terms of service that prevent obsessively documenting IRL people without their knowledge.

But then again the Youtube Wikia is a thing, so never mind.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gecs posted:

If CSI-like characters were going through evidence and had to straight-face read aloud things like Stationery voyager, Mutt Mackley and the one spy piece you're talking about, I would watch the poo poo out of that.

It's too bad CSI Cyber got cancelled.

"We checked the suspect's domains. He's written up a personal wiki."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Dozerfleet Founder is either going to be found dead amongst piles of own obsessive outsider art like a deranged Phalangist Henry Darger or go on a killing spree. There are no other options except for the outside chance that he gets one of those brain tumors that changes his entire personality, except instead of causing pedophilia it turns him into a well-adjusted human being capable of empathy.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
If you look up the manifesto of the dude who shot up a gym in 2012 it's almost exactly the same as dozerfleet. The dude is legitimately frightening.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Yeah my bad on calling him benign or harmless or whatever. I didn't realize the rabbit hole went that loving deep. Jesus. I just figured it was some word salad with a tinge of right wing self obsessed lunacy, not actual stalking and poo poo like that.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Dozerfleet is cool and he is my friend.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

steinrokkan posted:

Dozerfleet is cool and he is my friend.

I found your wiki entry.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The main thing I remember about F Plus Sings is that "Helping first to myself then others indeed" is the most awkward sentence structure I've ever heard.

That entire episode is a masterclass in how not to structure your sentences. "I wanna be in the front seat, I'm the one to consult!" "She bought a Samsung Galaxy 3 by me"

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009

ghost emoji posted:

It's one of the best episodes IMHO.

PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

X-Ray Pecs posted:

That entire episode is a masterclass in how not to structure your sentences. "I wanna be in the front seat, I'm the one to consult!" "She bought a Samsung Galaxy 3 by me"
...petty by flea.

(Speaking of that song, "Spo-spoiled" might be my favorite part of the episode, musically.)

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 26, 2016

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

X-Ray Pecs posted:

She gonna Rush Hour need it

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Sham bam bamina! posted:

...petty by flea.

(Speaking of that song, "Spo-spoiled" might be my favorite part of the episode, musically.)

Musically, the best song is probably The Blind Teacher. As Isfahan pointed out, Jimmy somehow made it work.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

This is loving horrifying in ways that the F Plus episodes didn't even begin to uncover. So thanks, I guess?

quote:

Candi is the single most-frequently-decapitated character second only to Laura Herrante in Stationery Voyagers: Final Hope. The Hebbleskins have specific orders for how they want her beheading carried out: fully nude, on a block, her facing down, the ax falling down on her from her left side, head into a basket, no blindfold. To date, counting all versions of the character, her head has been chopped off 13 times.

:gonk:

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad
You all just wish you could come up with a line like "I tried to forgive her but I'm not a Jesus"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think my favourite moment of the original Dozerfleet episode is when he says "no one has ever made a cartoon about a pen that could run fast before"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mimetic posted:

This is loving horrifying in ways that the F Plus episodes didn't even begin to uncover. So thanks, I guess?

:gonk:

the F-Plus episodes never really got into any of that deeply uncomfortable poo poo, the closest they got was when Lemon said "Whores get murdered when they wear that shirt in my show" which makes me think they did record stuff about it that got cut

then again given how long they said those recordings went on for, that's not surprising

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

You would think it wouldn't be a problem because it doesn't seem like they have to work around any music. They're just writing lyrics.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
My favourite Dozerfleet quote is one that's apparently been deleted where he talks about how he felt "nothing but pure adrenaline" during a showing of The Ring 2 even though he could smell someone smoking marihuana in the theatre.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Waffleman_ posted:

You would think it wouldn't be a problem because it doesn't seem like they have to work around any music. They're just writing lyrics.

Waffleman_ posted:

They're just writing lyrics.

Waffleman_ posted:

writing lyrics

They're writing lyrics in the same way that the 43-year-old plushfucker who "threatened" to move out was an adult. "Uh, maybe by some definition, but not by mine."

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Not disagreeing with anyone, but it would be such a different scene if the guy were talented. Creepy/dangerous issue aside, it's sad to see such motivational rocket fuel dumped into his lawnmower engine brain.