Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

[Fifth Week of May, Black Coocoo Capsules Announcements]

:eyepop:

An actual good week of capsules. All 3 1* sets looking good and same goes for 4* sets. 5* capsule is probably the only one I wouldn't pull.

1* - Two good sets, plus a decent A-rank. Lista Blizzard's not great anymore, because of the lack of map rotation, but if you have a dude you use for PVP only on ice map, who doesn't have ice affinity, go for it.
2* Just plain solid, these are good buys.
3* Legendary Ranger is so-so, Vulcan Essence is not good, but loving Beast Rain.
4* So-so S rank, but amazing A and SS, this is the one to go all in on this week.
5* Hellish Flame's Guide is, like vulcan Essence, not good, but I think it's robe/ring for a 2pc, so sure, if you don't have anything else. Sun Flash, if you can pull off the full 3pc, is +6% damage per enemy you're hitting, and Angel Knight is the new brokeness, so it may be worth pulling vulcan essence for if you have enough 4 star sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Been hearing app chat rumors that we are getting two free costumes...Thursday or next major update. Costumes are Chris (from Facebook voting) and Cleo. Should be three other premium costumes too.

Geraldo, staff of the Nexon forums was in the forums chat confirming the two free costumes. :shrug:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Helical Nightmares posted:

Been hearing app chat rumors that we are getting two free costumes...Thursday or next major update. Costumes are Chris (from Facebook voting) and Cleo. Should be three other premium costumes too.

Geraldo, staff of the Nexon forums was in the forums chat confirming the two free costumes. :shrug:

We knew those were coming from the vote. Chris won, because Chris is the choice of noobs, and Cleo because the devs didn't want to make everybody else groan at yet another free Chris costume that still won't make her good.

Here's hoping the Cleo costume is a whole lot less :pedo:

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker
Beat floor 110 for the first time just now, not sure how, since the dragon aggro'd Serendi when I tried to move her up to heal Muzaka. I was rewarded with Yekaterina and far more imporantly the unbeatable warlord set. All hail RNG.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mardragon posted:

Beat floor 110 for the first time just now, not sure how, since the dragon aggro'd Serendi when I tried to move her up to heal Muzaka. I was rewarded with Yekaterina and far more imporantly the unbeatable warlord set. All hail RNG.

Congratulations, Shinji! Slap that bullshit on Bearman and be glad it wasn't Enter the Gnome.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

NinjaDebugger posted:

Congratulations, Shinji! Slap that bullshit on Bearman and be glad it wasn't Enter the Gnome.

Racist.

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Yam Slacker

Quit posting and go do the guild check in!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Mardragon posted:

Quit posting and go do the guild check in!

Just did, I usually forget because the rewards are pretty meh.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Neurolimal posted:

50 energy a day is meh?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

Some of us really enjoy that potential 50 energy. :)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

DontMindMe posted:

50 energy a day is meh?

When you have 25-30 energy elixirs, yeah.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Here it is, me autoing Azrael Hell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbhIuXVxDv8

This is probably the easiest to auto but at the same time difficult to prepare for. Even with my setup, I would say the success rate is about 90% because of instant death and the last 2 Gillans chaining their disarms. Every run is different but it works.

I would not try this with heroes that have less than 60% defense. You're going to be taking a lot of punishment, so you want to be tanky.

Hero order: Serendi, Chenny, Jack, Muza, Yeka

Serendi is an absolute must here, because I originally tried this without her and it didn't work out. You need her to remove debuff disarm later on.

If you have Yeka, the run is a breeze because her sleep aoe is big enough to cover multiple targets. She's most useful at the final stretch because of how spread out the Gillans and Jennys are. I'll try to make a team that doesn't require Yeka, but you still need some very well geared heroes to attempt this.

Your main goal is to hopefully have at least Muza and Jack alive when dealing with Azrael and at least one other hero. Azrael's regen is insane and if you can't out damage it, you're screwed.

edit: Minor note, because I know not everyone have OP sets. My Chenny is running Daso, but since she didn't crit on turn 1, that's probably the damage you can expect against that Jenny. If my Chenny did crit, it would've 1 shotted her completely.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 25, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
much obliged. Added to OP.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Be very very careful around the expedition and main menu. If you accidentally buy an expedition completion, gold purchase, etc., you will not get a refund.

Some point on the 20th I noticed I suddenly had a lot less crystals than earlier in the day. Turns out I must have accidentally spent 220 on a gold purchase worth about 500,000.

From support:

"We really do appreciate the support that you are providing towards the game. We're sorry to hear what just happened. Unfortunately we really cannot refund and restore any items that are accidentally sold, used, deleted, or purchased due to our operation policies. We can only suggest you to please make sure to avoid leaving the game unattended to avoid accidental actions. We only ask for your understanding."

So be careful!

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 25, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Decided to dig through the Korean site:

http://cafe.naver.com/nexonsfw/228633

Korean servers are getting 2x genes for DB for a week (I think) which I assume Global will also get.

Also rip monthly diamonds:

Looks like this upcoming month will be in preparation for guild dungeons.

edit: Still won't use Chris with her new costume. :colbert:

edit2: Looks like all this stuff was just posted on Facebook just now.

quote:

2. Fixed the error for removing sleep debuff with HP recover from set items.

HAHAHA... rip Extra Curriculum. :suicide:

On the other hand, now I can permanently lock down all those Ultimate Gold Tiger users. :unsmigghh:

Somefool fucked around with this message at 12:42 on May 25, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

HAHAHA... rip Extra Curriculum. :suicide:

On the other hand, now I can permanently lock down all those Ultimate Gold Tiger users. :unsmigghh:

Looks like I'm saving up to go all in the next time Omni comes up.

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Yam Slacker

NinjaDebugger posted:

Looks like I'm saving up to go all in the next time Omni comes up.

I mean Omni is so ridiculous in PVP anyway. The fact that it takes care of disarm alone is amazing.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

:frogsiren:

quote:

[Event Announcements]

1. Dimensional Breakthrough 100% Gene Drop Rate Event

You can get either Lena’s or Fruel’s gene fragments from Dimensional Breakthrough at a 100% chance during the event period!

Event Period : 2016. 05. 26 (Thurs.) After Maintenance – Next Maintenance

This is for everyone who don't have Lena, you should definitely focus on finishing DB for the next 7 days.

For those having issues against strong teams, you can always use the Hellfire trick. Go into DB with ONE weak hero and use Hellfire. Let the enemy team kill your single as soon as possible. The game will keep the damage dealt by Hellfire. Repeat until their team is dead.

This is time consuming and usually not worth it, but it is with this event.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 25, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Somefool posted:

Decided to dig through the Korean site:

http://cafe.naver.com/nexonsfw/228633

I really do enjoy the art design on the characters. Chris with a lance is pretty drat cool.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Somefool posted:

This is for everyone who don't have Lena, you should definitely focus on finishing DB for the next 7 days.

For those having issues against strong teams, you can always use the Hellfire trick. Go into DB with ONE weak hero and use Hellfire. Let the enemy team kill your single as soon as possible. The game will keep the damage dealt by Hellfire. Repeat until their team is dead.

This is time consuming and usually not worth it, but it is with this event.

Does the hellfire meter reset when you die this way or do I have to go regenerate it on another map?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Charles Bukowski posted:

Does the hellfire meter reset when you die this way or do I have to go regenerate it on another map?

You have to regenerate it and this is where it becomes time consuming. Since it takes 5 Hellfires to kill off an entire team, assuming there isn't a healer on the other team, you need to figure out which map can fill up your entire gauge in 1 run.

Although this does give you an excuse to farm genes for every hero. :v:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Somefool posted:

You have to regenerate it and this is where it becomes time consuming. Since it takes 5 Hellfires to kill off an entire team, assuming there isn't a healer on the other team, you need to figure out which map can fill up your entire gauge in 1 run.

Although this does give you an excuse to farm genes for every hero. :v:

I already spend most of my time in game farming genes for every hero.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
There's a Valkyrie quiz event on the facebook page, does anyone happen to know the answers? I'm aware that Nr. 1 is Chris, but Nr. 2 is?

The reward - 1000 soul shards, seems like it's on the ridiculous side. It is probably worth taking part in?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Foppington posted:

There's a Valkyrie quiz event on the facebook page, does anyone happen to know the answers? I'm aware that Nr. 1 is Chris, but Nr. 2 is?

The reward - 1000 soul shards, seems like it's on the ridiculous side. It is probably worth taking part in?

#2 is probably Lord, but I lack a facebook account, and I'm not going to make one just for games. And there are two mobile games I am actually not playing right now because they require a facebook account just to save data. gently caress that poo poo.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

1000 shards is probably nothing since you get 2000 on day 5 next month for check in. If I recall, the first week for diamonds was like 30 and with that amount it basically did jack all.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

1000 shards is probably nothing since you get 2000 on day 5 next month for check in. If I recall, the first week for diamonds was like 30 and with that amount it basically did jack all.

Diamonds was 10/20/30/40 in 6 day increments, a hundred total per month. More interesting to me is that fourth entry, replacing the 40 diamond slot. It looks vaguely like a rename ticket, but who the gently caress wants one of those from a login reward?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Awwww poo poo

https://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/6277-Developer%92s-Note-#11-%96-Guild-Raid-%93Dark-Fortress%94-(2)-Main-Features

Guild shop.

New costumes.

New paper defense hero Valkyier

Platinum equip can go up to +12/ Set to +13

Nobliss coming back with new hero Raziel.

Bunch of other stuff.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/developers-note-11-guild-raid-dark-fortress-2-main-features/1755272078020437

I think this game just got a lot more complicated in terms of item choices. :shepface:

edit: So they didn't translate this picture entirely:

It's a +9 soul gear weapon for Chenny. The default bonus seems to be just +900 HP and +200 DEF, but that's not important. The skill icon part is showing Chenny's third skill and at +9, it adds 980 more def ignore to her skill. A +9 soul gear weapon gives Chenny almost 50% more def ignore on her third skill.

There are going to be some whacky stuff for certain heroes.

edit2:

quote:

Additionally, as we have been getting many suggestions on this, Noblesse collaboration will be held again!
Please stay tuned for Noblesse collaboration and a new hero, Raizel!

For those who missed Muzaka and everyone who couldn't max out skills.

edit3:
gently caress me, that means I have to save up crystals to roll for Noblesse sets. :suicide:

Somefool fucked around with this message at 08:38 on May 27, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
So many more numbers! :neckbeard: All the numbers!!!!

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Also gently caress +13 gear. If the pictures are anything to go by, you have to synthesize 2 set items to produce a higher upgraded item.

Mighty fine season for WHALES.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Game is loving nuts

Boy am I glad I bought an extra Noblesse weapon during that event :smaug:

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Third skill: Epsilon Shield

Deals damage to all enemies within the cross shape and for 2 turns, all allies within range will have all incoming damage reduced by 20%.

I guess that's okay? 1st skill will have some sort of heal component to it and 2nd skill can taunt. Passive will have to see but it's both HP and damage related.

Valkyrie's hero title is Soul Gear. :downs:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Helical Nightmares posted:

Game is loving nuts

Boy am I glad I bought an extra Noblesse weapon during that event :smaug:

I extracted mine. :(

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

edit3:
gently caress me, that means I have to save up crystals to roll for Arrogant Pureblood. :suicide:

Fixed that for you.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I'm still pretty early in this game, but I did manage to barely grab Krut while he was up. Even maxed his basic attack! It'll be a while before I get to try to max the rest, I know... Leveling him up now.

Speaking of which, is Serendi still a must have for my team? I know she was overpowered, and then later nerfed... I just got her, and I don't know if I want to level her or not.

Also... Power of the Ancients set. Being limited to balance characters only... I have Kai, Sonic Boom, Ian, and Poni. Worth putting it on any of them, or is there a better balance type later on I should save it for?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Iunnrais posted:

I'm still pretty early in this game, but I did manage to barely grab Krut while he was up. Even maxed his basic attack! It'll be a while before I get to try to max the rest, I know... Leveling him up now.

Speaking of which, is Serendi still a must have for my team? I know she was overpowered, and then later nerfed... I just got her, and I don't know if I want to level her or not.

Also... Power of the Ancients set. Being limited to balance characters only... I have Kai, Sonic Boom, Ian, and Poni. Worth putting it on any of them, or is there a better balance type later on I should save it for?

Serendi got nerfed, is still one of the best characters in the game. Do not make my mistake and refuse to use her, she is essential to progressing up Tower of Dawn, which is your best source of PGenes and other valuable resources and gear.

She's also fine with a dodge build, so put Power of the Ancients on her. As you get higher rank, you can hope for Legendary Ranger and Brushing Wind to go with it.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
I am a stupid idiot new person, but if that's alright, I applied to Overflowtax as OldSilverFox.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

It's written in ancient lore that every time he counterkills a defense phase Krut, a noob gets an SS set from tower of dawn.

edit: Updated because I got more diamonds last night.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 30, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Gonna share this here for people who have obtained themselves the handy dandy Outer Space set.

The Battle of Honor turn order is bugged. If your opponent goes first, and their first attack triggers a counterattack, and your counter kills them, and they stay dead (loving Arrogant Pureblood), your entire team will get to act before any of the rest of their team do.

Generally, this will require you to have excellent attack, a pretty absurd counter damage rating, and a character good enough to survive their first attack.

I've been doing this with the Klein posted above, and it has let me take home a lot of really easy fights that should have been much harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
:laugh:

Nicely done.

• Locked thread