Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I installed win 10 on my work rig today

It installed fine but got caught in a reboot loop after updating

thanks satya

thatya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
its ok 10.1 anniversary will fix everything

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler
i am actually angry at microsoft for this whole phone debacle.

i don't want an apple phone because gently caress apple.

i don't want an android phone because gently caress getting stuck 3 or 4 revisions back due to 'reasons'.

my first smartphone was a windows 7 phone and i really liked it. mobile 8 was even better. mobile 10 has been great for me, and now these fucks are all like 'whoops, but whatever. suck it, fags.'

goddamned assholes!

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

nexus

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Windows 10.1 Update 1 Anniversary Update with LiveTiles for Business SP1

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

GPF posted:

i don't want an android phone because gently caress getting stuck 3 or 4 revisions back due to 'reasons'.

my first smartphone was a windows 7 phone and i really liked it. mobile 8 was even better. mobile 10 has been great for me, and now these fucks are all like 'whoops, but whatever. suck it, fags.'

goddamned assholes!

someone on reddit fed me a bunch of rhetoric about apple and i believed it, thus i'm out of options for Brands to consume.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I'm so excited for windows 10.1 anniversary edition and edge extensions!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

GPF posted:

lol this sure is reasonable

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

GPF posted:

goddamned assholes!
gently caress apple!!! microsoft sure makes a good telephone, though. oh no they backed out and all of my choices have vanished into the ether~

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

THC posted:

lol this sure is reasonable

gpf is old guard and allowed his opinions

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

It's not his fault it's general protection's fault

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

graph posted:

you, however...

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

all of this was predictable the moment nokia's board chose elop as ceo. how much percentage loss in finland's gdp can be traced directly to that decision i wonder. probably a good 3%.

choosing winphone over android, accepting ballmer's buyout, inevitable losses and layoffs, all follow pretty directly. what an ownage legacy for steveb!

i was thinking the exact same thing.

except i think in general nobody cares about ballmer in finand, it's all on elop

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

GPF posted:

so how many phones was than and in how many years?

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler

Wheany posted:

so how many phones was than and in how many years?

2 phones over something like 4 years or so. my current phone is an HTC M8 Win 8 phone using Verizon that i put into the Insider program when it was available. First smartphone was an LG phone with Win 7 mobile from ATT. it was the one with the slide-down keyboard. it was a fine phone until i dropped it for the second time and broke the screen all to poo poo.

that's the best i can remember right now. might have had a lumia in between those two, but the brain is refusing to play nice tonight.

GPF fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 26, 2016

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Shaggar posted:

edge extensions

...corners?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

PleasureKevin posted:

someone on reddit fed me a bunch of rhetoric about apple and i believed it, thus i'm out of options for Brands to consume.

:ironicat::ironicat:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

I'm so excited for windows 10.1 anniversary edition and bash!

me too

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPv8PPl7ANU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

quote:

Kotaku cites "three people familiar" with the matter describing the new, more powerful Xbox One model. Codenamed Scorpio, this version is set for 2017 release according to the report. Kotaku writes that the console will be able to support the Oculus Rift, and it could have a GPU technically capable of supporting 4K resolutions. Polygon's citing its own anonymous Microsoft sources to corroborate much of the info in today's earlier reports. Polygon's report adds that the upgraded Xbox One will launch in late 2017 and be "four times more powerful than the current Xbox One," and capable of 6 teraflops of processing power. The announcement of Project Scorpio has been moved up, per Polygon's sources, specifically to counter reports surrounding an upgraded "PlayStation 4K" coming out of Sony.

This year, the anonymous sources suggest that Microsoft will release a slim Xbox One that's 40 percent smaller than the current model and perhaps comes with a "redesigned" controller.

Elsewhere, Brad Sams at the Microsoft-focused Thurott Report posted a podcast with similar but slightly different information on Microsoft's Xbox hardware plans. Sams' sources say that Microsoft will announce two "miniature" Xbox systems for release this year. The smaller one (priced around $100) will reportedly be a streaming-focused stick comparable to devices like the Chromecast and Amazon Fire. The larger one, coming in "a little bit smaller than a large lunchbox," might be able to play "lightweight" Windows Store games thanks to Microsoft's recent integration with Universal Windows apps, Sams suggested.

lol

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
elop eloped !!! ha ha ha !!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

GPF posted:

HTC M8

u fuckin wot

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

a little bit smaller than a large lunchbox

what's that in olympic sized football fields

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

mis read Brad Sams as "bad sram" and thought they had done it again

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

XBOX One 2

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

nah, they'll call them XBox 10 and XBox Live Edition.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lmao can't wait for games to come out that are only compatible with the new one

just a giant middle finger to their existing customers

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

playstations doing it too

it st00pid

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

reminder that they already said the xbox would get 4X as powerful... using Cloud rendering which has yet to be used in a single game

Triglav posted:

playstations doing it too

it st00pid

actually, it's very good.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Serenade posted:

mis read Brad Sams as "bad sram" and thought they had done it again

haha

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

PleasureKevin posted:

reminder that they already said the xbox would get 4X as powerful... using Cloud rendering which has yet to be used in a single game

actually, it's very good.

whats good about it

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

the playstation has some stringent requirements guaranteeing that OG PS4s will get the exact same but not as pretty game as the 4Ks

its still stupid, though

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

the playstation has some stringent requirements guaranteeing that OG PS4s will get the exact same but not as pretty game as the 4Ks

its still stupid, though

i wonder how that will work cuz sony didnt give a poo poo ps3 multiplats didnt play well cuz devs were too lazy to use all 7 cores or w/e

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Triglav posted:

i wonder how that will work cuz sony didnt give a poo poo ps3 multiplats didnt play well cuz devs were too lazy to use all 7 cores or w/e

the cell was a weirdo arch though so it was basically this or the game is xbox 360 exclusive

now any dev wanting to make a ps4 game is going to have to consider the huge install base of og ps4s

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

they'll probably just make a PS4 game and then up the backbuffer to 1080p on the PS4k version and tweak the draw distance / LODs / etc. until they get a stable 60

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
isn't it about time for a new console release anyway

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

i imagine most games will be the same on both or only render a higher res. fancy ones and exclusives will do higher res and textures and maybe like five more particles

i imagine the ps4k is for doing vr better, since you gotta render at higher res or it'll look worse. what i wonder is if those vr games will be ps4k exclusives, or if they'll play fine 2d on ps4

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
lol VR

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

computer parts posted:

isn't it about time for a new console release anyway

not since the cycles got longer

ps3 was 2006-2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe